UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Best Coon Light?
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
craneyisland
UKC Forum Member

Best Coon Light?

Was going to be buying a new Belt light and was wondering what you guys thought was the best on the market and has the best warranty. If you will post and let me know what you guys like it would be appreciated. Thanks a lot.

252-725-0341

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-09-2010 10:56 PM
craneyisland is offline Click Here to See the Profile for craneyisland Click here to Send craneyisland a Private Message Click Here to Email craneyisland Find more posts by craneyisland Add craneyisland to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
robgregory
UKC Forum Member

craneyisland

recently bought a K-Light with the LED head.It's by far the best light I've ever owned.You darn sure don't need to carry a spotlight and it only weighs,I think,1.2 lbs.

Rob Gregory

home#- 540-925-4437
cell#-757-339-3454
Home of:
"PR"High Lonesome Hannah. Nt.Ch. Hardtime Miss Kitty's Cat

Old Post 09-09-2010 11:15 PM
robgregory is offline Click Here to See the Profile for robgregory Click here to Send robgregory a Private Message Find more posts by robgregory Add robgregory to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
corky crowder
UKC Forum Member

K LITE THEY HAVE GOOD WARRENTY FAST SERVICE JUST ALLROUND GOOD PEOPLE TO DEEL WITH

CB&L KENNELS
HOME OF TREETALKIN
BLACK & TANS
CORKY CROWDER
BRANDON MAYO
LINDA CROWDER

PR TREETALKIN LITTLE SASSY
TREETALKIN TROOPERS BLEW
TREETALKIN RANGER DANGER
TREETALKIN LIL SHOOTEM UP JAKE
GRCHPR TREETALKIN NIGHTHAWK GONE BUT NEVER WILL BE FORGOTTEN R.I.P.

Old Post 09-09-2010 11:16 PM
corky crowder is offline Click Here to See the Profile for corky crowder Click here to Send corky crowder a Private Message Click Here to Email corky crowder Find more posts by corky crowder Add corky crowder to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jim Hill
UKC Forum Member

Bright Eyes, thats all i have hanging in my garage here , oh and one nocturnal addict

Been following these walker dogs since 1983,and love every min of it !!!!

http://minnesotastatecoonhunters.webs.com/

Use SunSpot Lights, so bright its like the sun came out at night !!!

Old Post 09-09-2010 11:23 PM
Jim Hill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jim Hill Click here to Send Jim Hill a Private Message Find more posts by Jim Hill Add Jim Hill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Maniac
UKC Forum Member

just as bright as a 21volt belt light!!

if u want a good product and OUTSTANDING SERVIECE !!

CHOOSE K-LIGHTS!!

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy24/maniacjr4/SAM_0522.jpg

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/1619.jpg

IF YOU WANT TO PACK HUNT
BUY YOU A PAIR BEAGLES!

GR NITE CH. HARWOODMANIAC JR 4 # 2 TOP 100 UKC WORLD 2013 OWNER JAY HYDE & DAVID DEPEW

GRNITE CH Hoghill Harwood Kasper
owners Hyde Warlick Leatherman
Qualified for 2013 world Hhunt
OWNER HYDE & WARLICK LEATHERMAN. MY PH 574 306 8438
K-LIGHTS ph.936 767 4965
http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy24/maniacjr4/SAM_0734.jpg

Old Post 09-09-2010 11:40 PM
Maniac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Maniac Click here to Send Maniac a Private Message Find more posts by Maniac Add Maniac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Knox
UKC Forum Member

Light.........

quote:
Originally posted by Maniac

CHOOSE K-LIGHTS!!

I tried one these on at Autumn Oaks, man that thing was very uncomfortable, it was front heavy............No thanks, I will stick with my Competition Light Connection 20 volt with their LED head, I dont even carry my spotlight anymore............Tim

=====================

Old Post 09-10-2010 12:14 AM
Knox is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Knox Click here to Send Knox a Private Message Click Here to Email Knox Find more posts by Knox Add Knox to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rexb
UKC Forum Member

light

I own a 28 volt featherlite bright eyes, and I just bought a Laser Tourch had it not been for the bad experience I had at A.O. with Bright Eyes I would say them, but I will never buy any product from this company. I really like the Laser Tourch they even let me hunt with it and said if I was'nt completly satisfied bring it back for a full refund.

Old Post 09-10-2010 12:26 AM
rexb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rexb Click here to Send rexb a Private Message Click Here to Email rexb Find more posts by rexb Add rexb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
craneyisland
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for all the input. Keep them coming

252-725-0341

Old Post 09-10-2010 01:20 AM
craneyisland is offline Click Here to See the Profile for craneyisland Click here to Send craneyisland a Private Message Click Here to Email craneyisland Find more posts by craneyisland Add craneyisland to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Will Walker
UKC Forum Member

k-light

Old Post 09-10-2010 03:16 AM
Will Walker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Will Walker Click here to Send Will Walker a Private Message Click Here to Email Will Walker Find more posts by Will Walker Add Will Walker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
groworg1
UKC Forum Member

k light love mine

Old Post 09-10-2010 03:21 AM
groworg1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for groworg1 Click here to Send groworg1 a Private Message Click Here to Email groworg1 Find more posts by groworg1 Add groworg1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
davebastean
UKC Forum Member

I just got a valley creek LED and I like it.

Old Post 09-10-2010 03:27 AM
davebastean is offline Click Here to See the Profile for davebastean Click here to Send davebastean a Private Message Click Here to Email davebastean Find more posts by davebastean Add davebastean to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rajunrebelblues
UKC Forum Member

Valley creek belt lights or the laser torch

CH NITE CH'PR'Rajun Rebel Ten Ml. Blue Bullet
GRCH NITE CH'PR'Wolfenbargers Bl. Brat
CH'PR'Macs Rajun Rebel Blue Jazz

Old Post 09-10-2010 04:02 AM
rajunrebelblues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rajunrebelblues Click here to Send rajunrebelblues a Private Message Find more posts by rajunrebelblues Add rajunrebelblues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
greg stull
Banned

IF THE COON IS THERE YOU CAN FIND IT WITH A CHEAP WAL-MART FLASH LIGHT. THATS RIGHT.

Old Post 09-10-2010 04:11 AM
greg stull is offline Click Here to See the Profile for greg stull Click here to Send greg stull a Private Message Click Here to Email greg stull Find more posts by greg stull Add greg stull to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
duvall
UKC Forum Member

Lights

!!!!!! COMPETITION !!!!!!!

Old Post 09-10-2010 04:16 AM
duvall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for duvall Click here to Send duvall a Private Message Click Here to Email duvall Find more posts by duvall Add duvall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chris Herring
UKC Forum Member

Try close to home...Purvis Lights are good, he is in Dunn, NC He provides a good warranty and if you have warranty issues he will offer a "loaner light" so you can still hunt.....I have a Purvis 21V Belt Light with traditional style 5100 head, I am on my third year and still am happy with it, changed the original bulb Monday night.

There are some other NC light makers, I cannot personally attest to their product as I can Hank Purvis' product but others may be able to...staying local may give you quicker service in the event that something does break or go wrong....

Home of:
CH 'PR' Herring's Pine Cone Tally-Ho (TALLY)
and
In Memory of - CH 'PR' Herring's Pine Cone Chance; aka "The Phenomenon"

Old Post 09-10-2010 05:12 AM
Chris Herring is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chris Herring Click here to Send Chris Herring a Private Message Click Here to Email Chris Herring Find more posts by Chris Herring Add Chris Herring to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HuntEnglish
UKC Forum Member

MoonShiner Lights and Donnal will treat you like family.

Home Of:
NITECH PR Wilsons Woodstock Chief JR

PR Big Pines Hillbilly Bone

Owner: Caine Wilson
(334)806-5162

http://www.bigpineenglishkennels.com

Old Post 09-10-2010 05:43 AM
HuntEnglish is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HuntEnglish Click here to Send HuntEnglish a Private Message Click Here to Email HuntEnglish Visit HuntEnglish's homepage! Find more posts by HuntEnglish Add HuntEnglish to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wayne Valentino
UKC Forum Member

MOONSHINER

another vote for Donnal Maggard in Peggs Ok. Excellent lights, good service and a price to match....

Old Post 09-10-2010 12:18 PM
Wayne Valentino is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wayne Valentino Click here to Send Wayne Valentino a Private Message Click Here to Email Wayne Valentino Find more posts by Wayne Valentino Add Wayne Valentino to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Ashbaugh
UKC Forum Member

I have had, Blazer, Vally Creek, Coonbuster, Bright eyes, and Nite Moves. I never had an issue with any of them except a 28 that blew bulbs. My gosh the Blazer Belt light I bought used in had to be 05 and my girl still wears it everytime we hunt.

Good service is a great thing to look for, but if you take care of the light and don't beat on it, service shouldn't be required.

Ron Ashbaugh
CROOKED FOOT KENNELS

Old Post 09-10-2010 01:35 PM
Ron Ashbaugh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Ashbaugh Click here to Send Ron Ashbaugh a Private Message Find more posts by Ron Ashbaugh Add Ron Ashbaugh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Steve Gilland
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by davebastean
I just got a valley creek LED and I like it.
I just ordered one yesterday! I've heard good things

Old Post 09-10-2010 01:50 PM
Steve Gilland is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Steve Gilland Click here to Send Steve Gilland a Private Message Click Here to Email Steve Gilland Find more posts by Steve Gilland Add Steve Gilland to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coondogless
UKC Forum Member

K-LIGHTS.....

Old Post 09-10-2010 02:10 PM
coondogless is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coondogless Click here to Send coondogless a Private Message Click Here to Email coondogless Find more posts by coondogless Add coondogless to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nkisamo1
UKC Forum Member

I like my blazer,

Dependable.

Old Post 09-10-2010 02:18 PM
nkisamo1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nkisamo1 Click here to Send nkisamo1 a Private Message Click Here to Email nkisamo1 Find more posts by nkisamo1 Add nkisamo1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jared thiry
UKC Forum Member

hey

k light i got a 21 volt belt light and i love it

Old Post 09-10-2010 02:53 PM
jared thiry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jared thiry Click here to Send jared thiry a Private Message Click Here to Email jared thiry Find more posts by jared thiry Add jared thiry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bluwalker
UKC Forum Member

I like my Nocturnal Addict

Old Post 09-10-2010 05:25 PM
Bluwalker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bluwalker Click here to Send Bluwalker a Private Message Click Here to Email Bluwalker Find more posts by Bluwalker Add Bluwalker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Maniac
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Maniac

CHOOSE K-LIGHTS!!

Guys i have use this light for 3 months and it is not TOP HEAVY. U wont see me with another BELT LIGHT!! K-Lights Customer Service # 1

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy24/maniacjr4/SAM_0522.jpg

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/1619.jpg

IF YOU WANT TO PACK HUNT
BUY YOU A PAIR BEAGLES!

GR NITE CH. HARWOODMANIAC JR 4 # 2 TOP 100 UKC WORLD 2013 OWNER JAY HYDE & DAVID DEPEW

GRNITE CH Hoghill Harwood Kasper
owners Hyde Warlick Leatherman
Qualified for 2013 world Hhunt
OWNER HYDE & WARLICK LEATHERMAN. MY PH 574 306 8438
K-LIGHTS ph.936 767 4965
http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy24/maniacjr4/SAM_0734.jpg

Old Post 09-10-2010 05:33 PM
Maniac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Maniac Click here to Send Maniac a Private Message Find more posts by Maniac Add Maniac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
WLDCHINSANEJANE
UKC Forum Member

K Light

I was going to buy one but theres two things I would like to see fixed. One is no problem but would like to see a belt loop on it instead of the velcrow on the back of it to hold to your cap.. No big deal for me because I would use a soft cap but it is a little heavier than I thought it would be. The thing that kept from buying it is it doesn't have turn on/off switch, you half to unplug it from the power pack. As far as brightness, theres 4 or 5 thats so close you cant really tell especially when there in a tree. I still might go with one but I will wear in on my vest or on my waist. Got to have something that will dim dow and up. Overall its a pretty good light, I don't think you could go wrong but i Believe I'm going back to a belt light unless someone comes out with something that catches my eye. lol. Great service though, theres just a handfull of people I would buy anything off of and these are one of the guys.

Old Post 09-10-2010 07:13 PM
WLDCHINSANEJANE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for WLDCHINSANEJANE Click here to Send WLDCHINSANEJANE a Private Message Find more posts by WLDCHINSANEJANE Add WLDCHINSANEJANE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote