UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Rules question
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

Like we don't have enough rules already. Now we have to add a chicken rule.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-24-2020 04:24 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Rules

Herein lies the thought process for the issues that arise in our night hunts. NOT everything is ever going to be black and white simply answer. Common sense or not so common it seems should prevail in most cases. Catching a chicken ( bird) should definitely be off game even if not an animal, it's certainly NOT a coon and you should be scratched. Every rule we have should not be dissected to the point of excusing behavior that WE know is wrong. HONOR RULES are just that, they should have HONOR in them and be treated as such. A farmer's chickens should not be put in the same definition as a wild turkey sitting in a tree non should anyone attempt to make that stretch on any rule. Dave

Old Post 02-24-2020 10:37 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

Dave, do you know with certainty that it's not a wild chicken?

Old Post 02-25-2020 12:21 AM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Donald Bergeron

Does not matter, it's still a chicken. Lol. Dave

Old Post 02-25-2020 12:25 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

Whats a wild chicken? Lol

There's an old cat comes to the front step here every night for food we kinda inherited her when we bought the house. She's too wild to handle but that don't make her a wildcat lol

Old Post 02-25-2020 04:13 AM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Donnie Stevens
Whats a wild chicken? Lol

There's an old cat comes to the front step here every night for food we kinda inherited her when we bought the house. She's too wild to handle but that don't make her a wildcat lol

She's not a wildcat. She's a wild cat.

Old Post 02-25-2020 02:10 PM
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by shadinc
She's not a wildcat. She's a wild cat.

Right. And it don't matter how long a chicken lives in the woods its still a chicken lol

Old Post 02-25-2020 03:30 PM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dan&Ann
UKC Forum Member

If you are talking about a domestic chicken that got loose & went wild wouldn't that be like a hog getting out and turning wild. Now I have heard a lot about hogs getting out and turning wild but boys there aint no chicken gonna live long around Eastern NC in the woods Wild, domestic, or any other way. He just does not have a chance to live long enough to turn wild around here...hell he can't fly so how are these wild chickens getting away from the coyotes and foxes...I have been hunting for 40 years and have yet to see a wild chicken running loose in the woods...

Old Post 02-25-2020 04:30 PM
Dan&Ann is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dan&Ann Click here to Send Dan&Ann a Private Message Find more posts by Dan&Ann Add Dan&Ann to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dan&Ann
UKC Forum Member

Wild Chickens

I was in Hawaii in 2003 for my honey moon and boys there are wild chickens every where you look. But I don't think they have many predators in Hawaii..

Old Post 02-25-2020 04:35 PM
Dan&Ann is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dan&Ann Click here to Send Dan&Ann a Private Message Find more posts by Dan&Ann Add Dan&Ann to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Snow must be real deep in parts of the country. If the farmer shoots your dog for killing his chickens, you have a dead dog.

The Hounds I Enjoyed Hunting:
Dual Gr Natural Smokey River Rebel, A buddy of mine
Gr. Nt Natural Blue Echo ( Gr Nt Quail Ck Jimmy X Nt Ch Natural Blue Bell)
Gr Nt Smokey River Chief's Joe (JBS Chief X Gr Nt Jeans Ruby)
Gr. Nt. Ch. Natural Smokey River Lucy (Chief's Joe X Muggins)
And Many More

Old Post 02-25-2020 04:44 PM
blueticker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blueticker Click here to Send blueticker a Private Message Find more posts by blueticker Add blueticker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Dan&Ann
If you are talking about a domestic chicken that got loose & went wild wouldn't that be like a hog getting out and turning wild. Now I have heard a lot about hogs getting out and turning wild but boys there aint no chicken gonna live long around Eastern NC in the woods Wild, domestic, or any other way. He just does not have a chance to live long enough to turn wild around here...hell he can't fly so how are these wild chickens getting away from the coyotes and foxes...I have been hunting for 40 years and have yet to see a wild chicken running loose in the woods...

They are able to fly high enough to roost in trees.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Last edited by Redneck Mafia on 02-25-2020 at 05:32 PM

Old Post 02-25-2020 05:26 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dan&Ann
UKC Forum Member

Chicken

Just never seen one.

Old Post 02-25-2020 06:21 PM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Then you haven't ever owned or been around chickens. Many with chickens clip their wings so they can't fly out of their area others don't so they can fly high enough to avoid predators.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 02-25-2020 08:22 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BluBritches
UKC Forum Member

https://tenor.com/view/foghorn-legh...ay-gif-12773415

Not sure if I did it right
If it dont show up follow the link its worth it

Last edited by BluBritches on 02-26-2020 at 02:54 AM

Old Post 02-26-2020 02:45 AM
BluBritches is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BluBritches Click here to Send BluBritches a Private Message Find more posts by BluBritches Add BluBritches to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BluBritches
UKC Forum Member

Lol

Old Post 02-26-2020 03:06 AM
BluBritches is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BluBritches Click here to Send BluBritches a Private Message Find more posts by BluBritches Add BluBritches to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

If a dog trees a turkey he gets a pass. Does it matter if it's a wild turkey or a farmer's turkey that too far from the farm? What about a goose or a duck? Both have wild and domestic varieties. If a dog catches any of these birds is it considered committing a fowl? There thousands of questions about these birds, I feel we've just begun.

Old Post 02-26-2020 05:03 AM
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

I say I say I can explain now boy

I say I say let's not get carried away now boy. You say cook the chicken. I say I say what's wrong with you people now boy.

Old Post 02-26-2020 06:10 AM
nextcoonhunters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nextcoonhunters Click here to Send nextcoonhunters a Private Message Find more posts by nextcoonhunters Add nextcoonhunters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

All I will say is my wife made sure her chickens are safe

Old Post 02-26-2020 06:19 AM
nextcoonhunters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nextcoonhunters Click here to Send nextcoonhunters a Private Message Find more posts by nextcoonhunters Add nextcoonhunters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Apparently y'all have never been attacked by a mean wild Bantam rooster. We had some when I was a kid. We had to keep them penned up. If they got out you couldn't go out in the back yard.

Old Post 02-26-2020 01:27 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

I say I say

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Apparently y'all have never been attacked by a mean wild Bantam rooster. We had some when I was a kid. We had to keep them penned up. If they got out you couldn't go out in the back yard.

I say is that's what's wrong with you boy.
a near me

Old Post 02-26-2020 01:51 PM