UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > English: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Hooper Ridge English
Pages (18): « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Longwoods Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Re: You never think

quote:
Originally posted by Rocketman55
When you are young and pounding that good young hound you never give it a second thought that your coonhunting bug can be cut short for what ever reason it may be, in the blink of an eye.

To my wife Debbie I THANK YOU for feeding Ole Holly every day and never complaining one time about how she tries to push past you when you get to the kennel door.

It has now been 12 days since my knee surgery and just in the past two days, has the pain let up enough that I can now tell I'm on the mends.

I have decided to bring in a new puppy to my kennel, that can grow and mature while I'm on the mends waiting for Ole Doc to turn me loose in the woods again. When I get him home I will work to post a few pics of this new addition.

Thank You Mr Mark Looney and Big River Dan for giving me an opportunity to own this new puppy. The puppy is directly off Dan, and is also double loaded with Kenny Thrashers bloodline on its bottom side. It is a honor to own a pup from this mans personal bloodline.

I had the opportunity to draw Mark and Big River Dan at last years Autumn Oaks and not only did I like the way Dan preformed, (quick off the strap, quick to open, fast on the ground, Never knew what pressure was) But also really liked the sportsmanship exhibited by Mr. Mark Looney. A winning hound gets your attention, BUT the way a handler presents himself on a cast speaks volumes as to how that dog did its winning. Mr. Mark Looney is a 1st class man with a 1st class hound and I'm honored to give some of his blood the chance to three these S.E. Ohio coons. Thank You Mark for hauling him all this way for me. I cannot wait to get him home. Good Luck to ALL my friends at the Oaks, but especially so to my ENGLISH friends LOL.

Come on guys, don't get mad at me now. Anybody that knows me knows I have never owned anything but an English Hound, and that is now over 40 years ago. But I still have Plott, Walker, Bluetick and Redbone friends that I would like to see do well too, LOL!!

Amen Dave, I was GRANDING a dog a little over two years ago and now its all I can do to get to a tree. I flipped a lawn mower a couple of years ago and long story short I pinched a nerve in my lower back/hip, I've been hunting for close to 30 years and to stop on a dime is rough. However, I am glad that your back in the woods. Call anytime or come for a hunt.

Brian

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-22-2014 07:15 AM
Longwoods Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Longwoods Kennel Click here to Send Longwoods Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Longwoods Kennel Add Longwoods Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for the invitation Brian, when I get good enough to tramp the hills I will surely touch bases with you on that coon hunt. I would really enjoy that.

After hearing your story I see you know first hand what I'm talking about. I hope over time you get better and better. I know there is nothing more painful than pinched nerves in your back, as my wife is dealing with that issue just as you are.

Hope you have an enjoyable season!!!

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Hang'em High Holly
Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Rockets Top Gun.
Gr.Nt.Ch.Hooper Ridge Rocket
Gr.Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Dolly
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy
HOOPER RIDGE ENGLISH-POUND FOR POUND THEY ARE ONE TOUGH HOUND!!!!

Old Post 10-22-2014 09:53 PM
Rocketman55 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rocketman55 Click here to Send Rocketman55 a Private Message Click Here to Email Rocketman55 Find more posts by Rocketman55 Add Rocketman55 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CHEWBACH
UKC Forum Member

hunting

hey my friend hope your healing up good! my nephew came up from Chillicothe last wk. we hunted all wk. all nt. young man wore me out. treed bunches of coon. he sure has a couple of nice eng. females. almost makes me want to change over! LOL

Old Post 10-22-2014 10:40 PM
CHEWBACH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHEWBACH Click here to Send CHEWBACH a Private Message Find more posts by CHEWBACH Add CHEWBACH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

Hello Carson, Sure glad to hear your nephew made it up to hunt with you. Those danged young fellers can sure make it rough on us old foggies when it gets after 2 AM LOL.

Do you have any idea what his english dogs are out of??

Hope you get to enjoy this upcoming hunting season. Maybe a little later on I can get around up there on your hunting ground for a few drops. Lord knows, I would need a young man like your nephew to go get my dog if I tried to go all night like you guys did, LOL!!

Take Care and thanks for the shout out!!

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy

Old Post 10-24-2014 03:57 AM
Rocketman55 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rocketman55 Click here to Send Rocketman55 a Private Message Click Here to Email Rocketman55 Find more posts by Rocketman55 Add Rocketman55 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doug Terrell
UKC Forum Member

Dave you and holly are welcome to come for a hunt in this flat land and you can stay at the truck and I will go get her for you. Hope you're healing up fast.

Phone # 937-213-1779

Old Post 10-24-2014 04:18 AM
Doug Terrell is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doug Terrell Click here to Send Doug Terrell a Private Message Click Here to Email Doug Terrell Find more posts by Doug Terrell Add Doug Terrell to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

Many Many Thanks

Thanks so very much Doug. I would love to come for a hunt over in your flat ground. Maybe I can just make that happen if the weather holds up. The knee is really starting to heal now or at least it feels like it is, even though the doc says at 3 months is when it will be the most vulnerable for a reoccurring injury.

But I just may be able to make a couple trees when season comes in.

I would love to hear ole LE come treed again. I will even drive around and pick you up if he gets too deep, LOL.

On a serious note Doug, I truly appreciate the offer and just may give you a call when season comes in. Take Care my friend!!

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy

Old Post 10-25-2014 12:05 AM
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

Come on hunting season. If I can just get through the weekend coon season comes in Monday night. Glad they are not bringing much on the fur market. maybe they will save some for seed that way.

Holly is about to go stir crazy but my Nephew and I are going to hit it on opening night.

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy

Old Post 11-06-2014 11:19 PM
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

Coon Hunting

Well I did get to go hunting on the first night of season with my Nephew. Ole Holly & Sam got under three singles by 11:00. But since Monday Night I have been sitting at home watching this stupid television.

I'm about ready to tell Ole Doc I cannot stand it any more and cut Ole Holly loose by myself, but she would probably get treed on some steep ole hillside where I couldn't get to her LOL.

Hope everyone is having fun with their young prospect. I cannot wait till my pup gets a little older and I get healed just a little better as my pup is now about 4 1/2 months old and funny as all get out to watch him when I let him out of his pen for some free running exercise.

Good Hunting!!

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy

Old Post 11-16-2014 05:36 AM
shelbabiggs
UKC Forum Member

DAVE I KENW YOU WOULD BE OUT THEIR HUNTING YOU BE CAREFUL MY FRIEND. IF YOU WANT TO GO TO DOUGS ONE NIGHT YOU MAKE IT TO MY HOUSE AND I'LL DRIVE DOWN TO DOUGS I'M ONLY ABOUT 3 MILES OFF 32 5 MILES WEST OF JACKSON FRANK

Old Post 11-17-2014 08:14 PM
shelbabiggs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shelbabiggs Click here to Send shelbabiggs a Private Message Click Here to Email shelbabiggs Find more posts by shelbabiggs Add shelbabiggs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

You got a deal Frank, I would love to do that. Thank You my friend. I will get back to you when this weather gets a little better and my knee does too, LOL. I'm noticing pretty good improvement each week now.

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy

Old Post 11-18-2014 01:23 AM
shelbabiggs
UKC Forum Member

GOOD DEAL DAVE I'LL TAKE 1 OF MY LE PUPS YOU JUST LET ME KNOW WHEN YOUR READY FRANK

Old Post 11-19-2014 12:35 AM
shelbabiggs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shelbabiggs Click here to Send shelbabiggs a Private Message Click Here to Email shelbabiggs Find more posts by shelbabiggs Add shelbabiggs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DJames
UKC Forum Member

Dave
I've been keeping up with your progress here. Glad you are closing in on being able to go more. Don't push too fast and end up slowing things down. I know you are chomping at the bits to get out there and I certainly understand that. You got some fine hounds and that will make anyone who loves coon hunting want to get in the woods with them. One thing for sure they will be just as happy when you are able to go as you will be to go with them. Hang in there and you'll be following them hounds before long.

GrNtCh HOF GrCh Tough Red Ruby Big Rig

GrNiteCh PR James' Tough Blue Glass Performance Sire 2009 World Qualifier

GrNiteCh PR James' Tough Blue Tank
GrNiteCh PR James' Tough Glass Shaker 9th place St Jude Saturday nite hunt 2013
NiteCh PR James' Tough Blue Shine (RIP)
NiteCh PR Tough Blue Lady (Sold)
NiteCh PR Tough Blue Rebel (Sold)

Old Post 11-19-2014 02:35 AM
DJames is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DJames Click here to Send DJames a Private Message Click Here to Email DJames Find more posts by DJames Add DJames to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Again Frank, I really do appreciate the offer and look forward to seeing another one of LE's pups doing what they are bred to do.

David, Thanks my friend for your kind words. I will try to heed your advice about taking a step back and making sure that ole knee is really ready for the physical requirements of following a coon hound. It's not as bad on me when the weather is too cold and nasty to be out there but when we get those 35-40 degree nights, I sometimes feel like a caged cat, even though I have the most wonderful wife in the world to spend my evenings with, there is just something about a dark moon, 40 degrees, and a damp night that calls to my soul, LOL.

Good to hear from you my friend, Hope you are having a blast this season. Be safe!!!

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy

Old Post 11-19-2014 06:38 PM
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

Wishing a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New year to all my coon hunting friends and families. Even if some of you do hunt them ole hounds that don't have any ticks on them LOL!!!

From these Old Hills of SE Ohio, and my grand Ole coon hound , Hooper Ridge Hang'em High Holly. Even though we have not had the opportunity to hang very many this fall, brighter days are still to come!!!

God Bless and good hunting!!!

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy

Old Post 12-11-2014 10:19 PM
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

BTT

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy

Old Post 12-31-2014 01:45 AM
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

Well Ole Thrasher is now six months old. I took him to the woods for the first time, the night before he turned 6 months. That rascal went on the first drop 287 yards and then just as soon as Holly come open, he come running back to me. Probably wondering what the heck is she barking at as he has never seen a coon yet.

2nd drop he rolled out of there right on Holly's tail. They got in about 5oo yards together before Holly got struck. Holly hit an old bad track, my nephew's Sam dog joined in and they worked that track another 800 yards or so across a big hollow. Now Ole Thrasher was barking some as they trailed through the country, but for all I know he was probably barking at Holly wanting to play,LOL. Ole Holly comes treed at .89 miles through the country. We drive around to within 450 yards, go into them and there is Ole Thrasher at the tree. Danged Ole tree was hollow though. Look out for when this old snow goes off I just might get the opportunity to show Ole Thrasher what a real live coon looks like.

One thing seemed evident to me and that was; He is going to have plenty of heart/drive.

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy

Old Post 01-12-2015 01:08 AM
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

Got back to the woods tonight. Didn't take my pup as I traveled to Point Pleasant, W.Va. to hunt with my good friend Nick Meige and his friend Bill, and Nicks grandson (little Nick) 12 years old and bigger than me, lol) First and foremost "many thanks" to all of you for hoofing it across that big hollow to the top of the next ridge to get Ole Holly for me. Friends like these guys are more valuable than all the gold in Fort Knox.

We made three trees and finally did get to see a coon in the 2nd tree. Man was that great. First tree this whole season that I was actually able to walk to and watch young Nick shoot that rascal out. What fun we did have teasing that young man about his shooting, but when he brought him out it was a lethal dose and the coon was dead before it hit the ground. "Good Shooting Nick" Even if we do have to buy Papaw a new brick of shells for his birthday, LOL.

Last drop of the night, Ole Holly must been chasing one of those danged "willy giga saurus's" cause when we got to the tree, that danged thing had just disappeared into thin air. We couldn't see a thing. I bet that rascal just flew out of there and left Ole Holly in the dust!!

At any rate, We Had a BLAST! And many thanks to my friends for taking me hunting, In "Wild and Wonder" West Virginia.

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy

Old Post 01-18-2015 04:32 PM
twin rivers
UKC Forum Member

thanks for coming down and bringing holly had a blast hope you wasn't to sore this morning sure was a good night to set back and watch lil nick roll out mr ring tail a guy sure can get to caught up in the rat race of comp hunts an dead lines of pound hunts agood relaxing hunt with friends is all a guy needs to remember why he loves these hounds thanks bill

Last edited by twin rivers on 01-19-2015 at 03:25 AM

Old Post 01-19-2015 12:02 AM
twin rivers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for twin rivers Click here to Send twin rivers a Private Message Find more posts by twin rivers Add twin rivers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

Bill, many thanks to you as well. Talk about sore legs!!! WoW!!! I didn't realize just how far out of shape I have gotten in the last 6 months. The calves of my legs are still sore today, LOL.

I talked to Nick this morning and was telling him about it too, LOL. Thanks again for taking me to the woods and gathering up Ole Holly for me!! You are sure right about taking a deep breath and just go enjoy the night time in the woods with good friends, cause that is where the really good memories come from. Take Care my friend, and good luck with them pups. Hey I did check out the pedigree and I see where those markings come from. There is a good bit of speck blood on your pups daddy's side. And man you are right, That pup of Nick's is sure enough a GOOD LOOKER. I can't wait to see them all get started. I'll come back when we get the pups going and we will have a fun pup night, LOL. Now that could get interesting!!

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy

Old Post 01-19-2015 08:11 PM
Doug Robinson
UKC Forum Member

Mr Dave..

...man glad to hear you got out I know you been waitin on that knee so just take it easy. Glad to hear Holly is doing good take care

Past Home of:
GRNITECH FCH GRCH ROBINSON'S SILVERTONE BLUSPECK HTX DNA-P
GRNITECH GRCH PKC CH ROBINSON'S RED LINDSAY
NITECH GRFCH GRWCH GRCH ROBINSON'S CROOKTAIL KATE
GRNITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S CIDERHOUSE LULU
NITECH GRCH GRFCH GRWCH RED RIDGE'S SUPER SHOCK Z HTX2
NITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S OATKA VALLEY ANNIE (BLUSPECK DAUGHTER)
NITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S JJ THUNDER SUE

Current
CH PR ROBINSON'S OATKA VALLEY JUNEBUG - (GRNITECH PKC CH RIVER BOTTOM'S CRACKER JACK X NITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S OATKA VALLEY ANNIE)

Old Post 01-19-2015 08:46 PM
Doug Robinson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doug Robinson Click here to Send Doug Robinson a Private Message Click Here to Email Doug Robinson Find more posts by Doug Robinson Add Doug Robinson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

Thank You Doug, Yes it was absolutely great to be out on such a beautiful night. I can go pretty good till I hit those tough Hollows, then I have to really slow down.

I gonna take Holly and my new pup tonight for one/two drops before the weather turns colder again. I sure am looking forward to getting this pup started to see what he is going to do. Take Care & Good Hunting!!

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy

Old Post 01-20-2015 03:42 PM
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

I did take Holly and my pup that night. This was my 1st night back in the woods by myself. I made two drops before I was completely worn out. That danged pup fired all the way on both tracks , but no coon on the outside on either drop so Ole Thrasher still has no idea what a coon looks like LOL.

The weather now has us snowed in again, but the knee is feeling better every week. So when this stuff goes off, back to the timber we will go. Bought my W.Va. License as well as their season stays in through Feb 28th so that gives another month of harvest season, plus the license is still good for next fall where their season comes in a month before Ohio's does as well. So hope to have a little fun training this spring and summer, so that when fall comes, Ole Thrasher will be ready to rock by himself.

Good Hunting to all,

P.S. Our local club will be holding a Valentines Day (Sweetheart) hunt on Feb 14th. So bring your best friend, (No matter the breed) LOL and come have some fun. And if Mamma doesn't want you dating on this night, bring her along too!! Until then Keep Em Speaking English!!!!

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy

Old Post 01-30-2015 07:53 PM
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

Starting My Pup

Took Holly and my young pup (7 month old) to the woods last night before the cold wind started howling. This pup is off Big River Dan. Man what a nice mouth he has right now and he is still just a puppy, and all the Go Power an man could stand for 7 months old.

I tied him up at the tree and he turned that cannon loose. Man the next three months will make a big difference on this guy! And by the way, I had a blast! but man did I find I'm really BAD outta shape, LOL!!

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy

Old Post 02-06-2015 05:03 AM
SundayCreekDogs
UKC Forum Member

THANKS DAVE

Dave glad to here that you are making good progress with your knee, and glad you and Dad got to swap stories!!

I did not sale my female but I sure made a good friend in the gentleman that was wanting to buy her, I did pick up a secret weapon for fall training!! This one should be a real adventure, Artie did have three English hounds but he sold two of them and kept a full liter mate to Kobe. He likes the green backs lol

Take care

{Home of}
GRNITECH GRCH PR Sundaycreek Allnight Izzie
GRNITECH GRCH PR Sundaycreek Kobe VII
GRNITECH PR Sundaycreek Michonne
NITECH CH PR Sundaycreek Allnight Elly

Old Post 02-22-2015 06:48 PM
SundayCreekDogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SundayCreekDogs Click here to Send SundayCreekDogs a Private Message Click Here to Email SundayCreekDogs Find more posts by SundayCreekDogs Add SundayCreekDogs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ericevans
UKC Forum Member

Re: Starting My Pup

quote:
Originally posted by Rocketman55
Took Holly and my young pup (7 month old) to the woods last night before the cold wind started howling. This pup is off Big River Dan. Man what a nice mouth he has right now and he is still just a puppy, and all the Go Power an man could stand for 7 months old.

I tied him up at the tree and he turned that cannon loose. Man the next three months will make a big difference on this guy! And by the way, I had a blast! but man did I find I'm really BAD outta shape, LOL!!

Glad to see your getting out and Holly too! Hope your weather is better then are's ! Take it slow Dave and hope to see ya at English Days

**Gr.Nt.Ch Gr.Ch Evans Dry Creek Dark Critter ( 1st. Place Nt.Ch High Scoring English 2014 BlueTick Days ,Placed 2 Nights 2014 EnglishDays) 2015-2016-2017 Performance Sire Qualified For 2015 World Zones
** Gr.Nt.Ch Gr.Ch PKC Ch Dry Creek Split Shot
** Gr.Ch Nt.Ch.(3Wins to Gr.Nt.)Evans Dry Creek Rocks Red Rita (1st. Place Nt.Ch High Scoring English 2010 Autumn Oaks , Placed 2 nights 2010 English Days)
** Gr.Nt.Ch . Gr. Ch PKC Ch .Dry Creek Stumpy Qualified for 2016- 2017 World Zones (PKC Money )
** Gr.Nt.Ch Pr' Evans Dry Creek Gypsy (PKC Money)
** Pr . Evans Dry Creek Wild Rita (1 UKC Win ) PKC Money

Old Post 02-22-2015 07:06 PM
ericevans is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ericevans Click here to Send ericevans a Private Message Find more posts by ericevans Add ericevans to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote