UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > My Alpha 100 Was DESTROYED!
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

My Alpha 100 Was DESTROYED!

Two nights ago when we got to where we were gonna hunt I turned on my Garmin collars and then looked inside my truck for my Alpha 100. Never did find the Alpha so we linked my collars up to Dustin Cody's Alpha. Once i got home I searched the house over for my Alpha. Finally I went back down to the dog kennel to look again. Nothing in the kennels so I walk over to where I have Roxie tied out and start looking around.... That's when I see the back panel laying on the ground and the antenna laying not far from it. Still no sign of the rest of it so I start digging through the straw in her dog house, and THERE IT LAYS CHEWED TO PIECES!!!

HUGE SHOUT OUT TO GARMINS CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!
I ship them my ruined Alpha 100 and they send me refurbished one for $115.....

My Alpha was one of the first 16 made as I fielded tested for Garmin. I'd had it since 2012. They replaced it with no questions asked.... You can't be that type of customer service!

Thanks to Bruce for the heads up to call Garmin!

Ch.Swampmusic Lil Bit Sassy
Ch.Swampmusic Misty Shadow
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

But Looking To The Future...

Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Big Hoss

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-15-2018 07:36 PM
HOBO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HOBO Click here to Send HOBO a Private Message Click Here to Email HOBO Visit HOBO's homepage! Find more posts by HOBO Add HOBO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Hobo

Glad to see you were able to get by that cheap, nice to see Garmin helping a coonhunter. Bruce seems to always be there when we need him, why would anyone not want to support Bruce? Kudos to Bruce and Garmin! Dave

Old Post 02-15-2018 08:06 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

How much do you want for the dog. I might need a new garmin soon.

You can't fix STUPID!

Old Post 02-15-2018 09:02 PM
Bob Hennessey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bob Hennessey Click here to Send Bob Hennessey a Private Message Find more posts by Bob Hennessey Add Bob Hennessey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

ROFL

We might could work out a deal lol

Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Old Post 02-15-2018 09:34 PM
HOBO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HOBO Click here to Send HOBO a Private Message Click Here to Email HOBO Visit HOBO's homepage! Find more posts by HOBO Add HOBO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rex Ridge
UKC Forum Member

The back came off our Astro 320 today so Chuck decided to try to fix it. Ended up losing the thing that keeps it on. So I had to call Garmin and order a replacement. Spoke to a nice woman who told me that I couldn't just order that item...I needed the battery cover. Getting a new one at no cost.
Have to agree they have GREAT customer service!

Old Post 02-15-2018 09:50 PM
Rex Ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rex Ridge Click here to Send Rex Ridge a Private Message Find more posts by Rex Ridge Add Rex Ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tony.beals
UKC Forum Member

Dennis did you shock Roxie one time too many LOL

MSG, US ARMY RETIRED
President of Michigan State United Coon Hunters Association

Old Post 02-16-2018 12:02 AM
tony.beals is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tony.beals Click here to Send tony.beals a Private Message Click Here to Email tony.beals Find more posts by tony.beals Add tony.beals to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doug Robinson
UKC Forum Member

Cuz

So let me get this straight, you had a 6 yr old unit that was given to you free for testing and it was destroyed through your negligence by dropping in dog kennel and your dog chewed it up and you sent it in and got a newer refurbished model for $115???? Geez you got some pull!!!LOL! Just had to poke a little fun at ya! You said it a great company no doubt!!!

Past Home of:
GRNITECH FCH GRCH ROBINSON'S SILVERTONE BLUSPECK HTX DNA-P
GRNITECH GRCH PKC CH ROBINSON'S RED LINDSAY
NITECH GRFCH GRWCH GRCH ROBINSON'S CROOKTAIL KATE
GRNITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S CIDERHOUSE LULU
NITECH GRCH GRFCH GRWCH RED RIDGE'S SUPER SHOCK Z HTX2
NITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S OATKA VALLEY ANNIE (BLUSPECK DAUGHTER)
NITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S JJ THUNDER SUE

Current
CH PR ROBINSON'S OATKA VALLEY JUNEBUG - (GRNITECH PKC CH RIVER BOTTOM'S CRACKER JACK X NITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S OATKA VALLEY ANNIE)

Old Post 02-16-2018 01:25 AM
Doug Robinson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doug Robinson Click here to Send Doug Robinson a Private Message Click Here to Email Doug Robinson Find more posts by Doug Robinson Add Doug Robinson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

While IT may be a newer version... IT won't be the newest Alpha. It will be one like mine. So they said..

Pretty good racket I have going on huh?

LOL

Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Old Post 02-16-2018 03:03 AM
MIKE CARDER
UKC Forum Member

Huh

I read this took my alpha out back to the kennels. Threw it in the and he just peed on it. Oh well. Going hunting. Gonna need the Garmin winds blowing like 30mph

Phone number 270-820-5560

Old Post 02-16-2018 04:21 AM
MIKE CARDER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MIKE CARDER Click here to Send MIKE CARDER a Private Message Click Here to Email MIKE CARDER Find more posts by MIKE CARDER Add MIKE CARDER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

Re: Huh

quote:
Originally posted by MIKE CARDER
I read this took my alpha out back to the kennels. Threw it in the and he just peed on it. Oh well. Going hunting. Gonna need the Garmin winds blowing like 30mph

Guess you need a puppy

LOL

Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Old Post 02-16-2018 11:03 AM
MIKE CARDER
UKC Forum Member

Garmin came thru

Well he was out around 926yards and couldn’t hear him. Finally got to him and this is what he had. Came home.

Old Post 02-16-2018 07:47 PM
MIKE CARDER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MIKE CARDER Click here to Send MIKE CARDER a Private Message Click Here to Email MIKE CARDER Find more posts by MIKE CARDER Add MIKE CARDER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Mike Carder

Was this your son's dog that treed coon in picure? If so, I bet he was a happy camper! Lol. Dave

Old Post 02-18-2018 12:33 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MIKE CARDER
UKC Forum Member

Dave

Yes it was. Tonight Isaac and I went to the Lewisburg meat hunt. They set us up a place to hunt and we went out there he cut him loose and in about 5 minutes he was struck and treed. He sounded like he was circling the tree while walking to him. When we got there he was treeing on one tree and then move over to the tree next to it. We shined and found both of them. We went to walk away and he said hold on dad we gotta tell Armor he did a good job. Turned and looked at him and he was petting him and saying, Now go find another. Lol. Happy kid.

Old Post 02-18-2018 08:02 AM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Mike Carder

Sure put a smile on my face just hearjng you say that, I can imagjne how you reacted. I am sure glad you got his dog back, many more happy hunts. Dave

Old Post 02-19-2018 01:54 AM