UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeding question
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Jill
UKC Forum Member

Breeding question

Had my female artificially bred and she didn’t take. The males sperm was checked they said the mobility rate was 80%. Had progesterone tests done.Wondering if there is a procedure to check my female to see if she can have pups? Thanks

Home Of
PKC CH GR NT CH 'PR' Ryan's Hi-Tech Mini-Me (3x Maritime CH & CN State CH)
GR NT CH 'PR' Ryan's Hi-Tech Kate(2x Maritime CH)
PKC SCH GR NT CH 'PR' Harry's Stylish Swagger

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-14-2018 04:08 PM
Jill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jill Click here to Send Jill a Private Message Click Here to Email Jill Visit Jill's homepage! Find more posts by Jill Add Jill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
imacorgimom
UKC Forum Member

Your repro vet can do a full workup.

Home to a bunch of short dogs who occasionally allow me the honor of holding the other end of their leads!

Old Post 02-14-2018 04:32 PM
imacorgimom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for imacorgimom Click here to Send imacorgimom a Private Message Click Here to Email imacorgimom Visit imacorgimom's homepage! Find more posts by imacorgimom Add imacorgimom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mark V.
UKC Forum Member

Frozen or fresh? Sometimes it just doen't work Try live breeding 3times in a row skipping a day between this will give you a idea when she will take.

Old Post 02-14-2018 11:41 PM
Mark V. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mark V. Click here to Send Mark V. a Private Message Click Here to Email Mark V. Find more posts by Mark V. Add Mark V. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jill
UKC Forum Member

It was frozen

Home Of
PKC CH GR NT CH 'PR' Ryan's Hi-Tech Mini-Me (3x Maritime CH & CN State CH)
GR NT CH 'PR' Ryan's Hi-Tech Kate(2x Maritime CH)
PKC SCH GR NT CH 'PR' Harry's Stylish Swagger

Old Post 02-14-2018 11:55 PM
Jill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jill Click here to Send Jill a Private Message Click Here to Email Jill Visit Jill's homepage! Find more posts by Jill Add Jill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

Jill I think it's far more likely that frozen semen wasn't handled properly then there being something wrong with your female. Bring her over we've got some fresh stuff out in the kennel...fix ya right up.

Tell the old man I seen a redbone tonight with almost as many quills in him as wild Willie did that night 15 years ago lol. Found him treed on a coon...face full of quills. .. smellin like a skunk.

Last edited by Donnie Stevens on 02-15-2018 at 04:45 AM

Old Post 02-15-2018 04:42 AM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
imacorgimom
UKC Forum Member

Frozen is very tricky - hours of viability vs. days - so you have to be dead-on with your progesterone testing and surgical AI. I wouldn't waste some valuable frozen on an unproven bitch.

Home to a bunch of short dogs who occasionally allow me the honor of holding the other end of their leads!

Old Post 02-15-2018 03:01 PM
imacorgimom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for imacorgimom Click here to Send imacorgimom a Private Message Click Here to Email imacorgimom Visit imacorgimom's homepage! Find more posts by imacorgimom Add imacorgimom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MARSHALL AYERS
UKC Forum Member

For what it’s worth, had a female artificially done 3 tines and produces exactly 3 pups. Was told by lady doing the procedure it was perfect each time.

Live bred and had 12

DUAL GRAND GRNITECH'GRCH'PR'NITRO'S BIGTIME GOMER
http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x374/bigtimekennels/th_null_zpsaf6e7c86.png

Old Post 02-15-2018 05:41 PM
MARSHALL AYERS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MARSHALL AYERS Click here to Send MARSHALL AYERS a Private Message Click Here to Email MARSHALL AYERS Find more posts by MARSHALL AYERS Add MARSHALL AYERS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
imacorgimom
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by MARSHALL AYERS
For what it’s worth, had a female artificially done 3 tines and produces exactly 3 pups. Was told by lady doing the procedure it was perfect each time.

Live bred and had 12

Only ever do AIs and have had litters of 8-11. It all depends on how many eggs the bitch drops, the quality of the semen, and the skill and timing of the inseminator.

Old Post 02-15-2018 06:10 PM
POTOMAC
UKC Forum Member

I have had dean AI all my females always had pups but one time , and the sperm was good deans timing was good , next cycle we bred her same way she had 9 pups but what I did notice about her cycle the time she missed was it wasn't what I call it as strong as previous times she didn't swell near as much etc her levels were rite according to progesterone , the semen was good and the female was just turned 4 at the breeding , the weird thing is when we bred her her litter ate sister was bred also within 48 hrs herself we my bithc had a healthy litter 6 days early and her sister had a healthy litter 5-6 days early herself , my vet which is old school and very good. Expensive but good says it rare to have a litter 5 -6 days early and.they live much less 2 sister both 5-6 days early and all healthy pups , Mother Nature knows when it's rite ,I would go back with the same cross next time and you might just get a litter of 14 ,, lol good luck

Old Post 02-15-2018 09:03 PM
POTOMAC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for POTOMAC Click here to Send POTOMAC a Private Message Find more posts by POTOMAC Add POTOMAC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
James B Grice
UKC Forum Member

Aint no gurantee whatever way you try....I bred Darlin at age 4 to an 8 yr old on days 9,11,13,15,17...SHE ONLY HAD 1 PUP,Next time she was 8 yr old, I Bred her to BONE COLLECTOR,Progesterone test said ...GOOD DAY...Got no pups,At 9 I bred her to A 3 yr old on 8,10,12,15,17,,,She had 8 pups,6 months later I bred her to the same 3 yr old on the same days and GOT NO PUPS...A year later at 10 1/2 I bred her to a 10 month old pup and SHE HAD 2 PUPS....I think its more about the female when we miss.The 8 yr old male and Darlin had ...OVERHEATED VERY BADLY WHEN THEY WERE YOUNG....Somewhere I have read that OVERHEATING MAY EFFECT REPRODUCTION???....Many other variables too

Old Post 02-15-2018 11:17 PM
James B Grice is offline Click Here to See the Profile for James B Grice Click here to Send James B Grice a Private Message Click Here to Email James B Grice Find more posts by James B Grice Add James B Grice to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Autumn Clements
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Donnie Stevens
Jill I think it's far more likely that frozen semen wasn't handled properly then there being something wrong with your female. Bring her over we've got some fresh stuff out in the kennel...fix ya right up.

The vet actually has a really good success rate with getting litters from his surgical frozen AIs.
Seems like sometimes some just don’t take when bred AI but have no problems when live bred.

'PR'LEAD'S MIDNITE SASSY
CFC CH Canadian GCH Multi Group Placing MBPIG BBPIG LEGACYK STANNYFIELD PRIME TIME (AKC & UKC Pointed)
BPIG MBBPIG WINDAMIRS RED LIGHT DISTRICT V AMBERLANE
LEGACYK DARE TO DREAM V CBLUES
LEGACYK WHITE AS A GHOST V CBLUES

Gone but not forgotten
GRNITECH GRCH PKC CH'PR'CLEMENTS' BLUE PRANCER

GRNITECH GRCH'PR'SPIKE'S TWILITE HOOKER
'PR'PRANCER'S GETTIN DOWN N DIRTY (PrancerxHooker)
NITECH CH’PR’BUELL’S BLUE ROCKY(Whitey x Spice)

CKC BBPIG MARIES BABY BREEZE

Old Post 02-16-2018 03:12 AM
Autumn Clements is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Autumn Clements Click here to Send Autumn Clements a Private Message Click Here to Email Autumn Clements Find more posts by Autumn Clements Add Autumn Clements to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kler Kry
UKC Forum Member

Uterus Infection

Females often have mild uterus infection that is hard to detect and doesn't result in a fever. I always treat the female with penicillin at the start of the heat cycle as a preventive measure.

Old Post 02-16-2018 02:42 PM
Kler Kry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kler Kry Click here to Send Kler Kry a Private Message Click Here to Email Kler Kry Find more posts by Kler Kry Add Kler Kry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote