UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Before any changes !
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
yadkintar
Banned

Ok it's all us guys that try and make things work fault. But at least we try but yes we are tired and yes we are ready for changes and until you have held that moh card in your pocket as many years as some of us you will never understand how a man feels when sombody that don't a maybe never had one tells you if you don't like it quit. Now Dave I ain't directing that at you just making a statement. Like I said this is a place to talk about helpful ideas but in the grand scheme of things you can say it on here but if your not out there making it work you always can get on here and say ............ Told y'all that crap wouldn't work. !!

Tar

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-13-2018 01:21 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

Tar you should have thought of that. If you want better attendance just shut the door.

Old Post 02-13-2018 01:21 AM
yadkinriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinriver Click here to Send yadkinriver a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinriver Visit yadkinriver's homepage! Find more posts by yadkinriver Add yadkinriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Ahh jack I can't win I don't even know why I try lol.

Tar

Old Post 02-13-2018 01:23 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DocAcumen
UKC Forum Member

Gentleman,
Lets be honest about all this.

Back in the day, as y'all say!
And I understand well.
Hides brought a $ or 2!

Sure y'all recall them days?
Early 80's when a hide would get you a easy 40$ or more at the least !

The elder men, that had been around for a day or 2! Was reaping the rewards! He had kids , grand kids , and the local young men / women that took interest!!! More than likely do to the CASH!!!!!

All of the above!!!! Found it a GREAT thing to put a TITLE on what ever dog that they was hunting!!!

HEY!!!! If I can tree all this MONEY!!! I am sure someone would like a PUP out of my Dog!!! Lets show him, or her off!!!!!

Flash forward , Not that way!

The CASH was the reward! And , you really won't get that in the UKC!

The young ones today , have NO! Interest , in simple BRAGGING rights.....

That in my opinion, is why you will see the younger hunters , going the way of the other KC's

maybe I am way wrong?
But , the way I see it....

They may enjoy the sport, the fun, excitement of it all!!!
But, If it does not pay out....
They will see it as , what is the point?

if I am wrong Fine , so be it!

Just my take on it....

Old Post 02-13-2018 01:30 AM
DocAcumen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DocAcumen Click here to Send DocAcumen a Private Message Find more posts by DocAcumen Add DocAcumen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

Mike spoke the truth, it takes a bunch of dedicated members to make any club work. ( I ) doesn't cut it, we does a lot better in the long run. I have been a part of several sucessfulI civic clubs, all of which had members that worked together. Any club needs members that will work together, each being a part that does its part. Nuff said, Dave

Old Post 02-13-2018 01:36 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Your absolutly right doc you couldn't have said it no better. That's what I meant by mentioning the non sanctioned hunts wasent rubbing ukc I was making a point. They get no titles , they get no points , they got choices they can make and they get money. If you make the titles harder to obtain your going to have to give more than a win slip. I like a win slip but I am old school lol.

Tar

Old Post 02-13-2018 01:43 AM
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by MIKE CARDER
Or you can get on here and keep patting ole Robert on the back. Every time I read your post all I read is “I”. Never see WE, US. That’s what we are saying.
“YOU” can never do it all, but a working Club can. A club is not 1 person a club is several. There is a Beagle club up in Coshocton Ohio that is one of the strongest clubs I have ever seen. But you never see just one person doing it all.

Mike I am sorry there are three of us 4 counting corey that means when I moh or hunt dirrector that leaves three guides. Are you or Dave officers of your club I think anybody that criticizes me for what I am putting fourth 100% of my effort, my time , and my money and my suggestions should at very least be and active officer of their club. See I don't need a pat on the back I need help to make it better y'all in ? I will send you a pm when our next hunt is.

Tar

Old Post 02-13-2018 02:02 AM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

I was an officer in my club for many years, we had a very strong club. Members worked together and we always had a sizable bank account. We bought truck loads of raccoons at 30.00 apiece to stock in these mts , as we had a very low population at the time. After several years of restocking raccoons, we started to see a growth in the population, now one can tree coons on a steady basis with a decent dog. We always nade yearly donations to the local Vol. Fire Dept. and would help anyone in the community in need. Yes. I know what it takes to be sucessful in running a club, along with a sucessful business career. Dave

Last edited by Dave Richards on 02-13-2018 at 02:59 AM

Old Post 02-13-2018 02:33 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MIKE CARDER
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Mike I am sorry there are three of us 4 counting corey that means when I moh or hunt dirrector that leaves three guides. Are you or Dave officers of your club I think anybody that criticizes me for what I am putting fourth 100% of my effort, my time , and my money and my suggestions should at very least be and active officer of their club. See I don't need a pat on the back I need help to make it better y'all in ? I will send you a pm when our next hunt is.

Tar

Lol Tarbaby, how many members do you all have in your club. Not criticizing just stating the facts, you can’t run a club with 3 members and be successful. Show me one successful club with 3 members! Sometimes it’s better to have a set of eyes looking in to see what’s going on. But you can continue to shell out your cash and all your time. It has no affect on me. But when I read it over and over I get to wondering if your doing it because you want to or just so you can say you did it.
You said that all the clubs are over a hundred miles from you. Heck there are three closer than that having hunts. Are they all struggling to? Maybe you all could come up with one mega club and have the World hunt out there.

Phone number 270-820-5560

Old Post 02-13-2018 02:56 AM
MIKE CARDER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MIKE CARDER Click here to Send MIKE CARDER a Private Message Click Here to Email MIKE CARDER Find more posts by MIKE CARDER Add MIKE CARDER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Mike I love ya like a brouther if you look back when this thread went south you and Dave every time start over thinking things it was for suggestions from everybody not even about me at all I do it because I love it and I see other people that have nowhere else to go that love it to. Are we perfect are we prosperous are we achieving somthing great do we have a big bank account with lots of members no !! But we are trying hoping the changes will make it better. Let me ask you don't you want it better for your kids to see what we seen don't you want to see them have a good time when they go to a hunt ? I gaurentee anybody the few they are that come here they have a good time so I achieved my goal.

Ps: do me a favor pm Joey ask him what it's like to put on hunts down here its dying Mike there is very few of us old hold outs left. He will tell you the truth.

There is one club 30 miles there was 2 members at their last hunt I had to guide one shut down the others are over 70 miles except for the ones in Texas and if you like hunting near highways and in subdivisions have at it the can't even hunt 1 hour without getting dogs shot or in trouble.

Tar

Last edited by yadkintar on 02-13-2018 at 03:18 AM

Old Post 02-13-2018 03:13 AM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Mike Carder

I think you and I are "barking up the wrong tree", Tar is so introverted that he thinks its all about him. Tar against the world! In the military, it was all about my men, never about me! I never done anything, they always got the credit. In my business career, I always gave credit for my sucess to those that worked for me. Now that was just me, but it WORKED, I had the best military guys you have ever seen, they would have walked through fire for me and my employees were the best. (Made me look great). Tar, you just do it your way and complain when things just won't work. I know it can't be your fault, because you have done it your way for over 40 years. Dave

Old Post 02-13-2018 03:18 AM
yadkintar
Banned

Dave you just don't understand you was praising me on the other changes thread yesterday for me saying the same things go back and look you sir are the ( I ) on here you like to argue about anything lol.

I retreat!!
Incoming rounds!!
I am hit!!
Medic!!

Tar

Old Post 02-13-2018 03:25 AM
MR.RATMAN
Banned

This post is just as bad as the last one. Maybe people should read what everyone says they want and put it to use instead of just patting themselves on the backs for what they have done, but obviously not working. You want change listen to people and keep the ears open, mouth shut, and most important keep the hand off you're back..

Go back and read thru all the post about changes and why entries are down and maybe you guys in this here click will figure it all out, but you will need UKC and breed association to pass changes with in the organization. You yourself to repair problems with clubs.. to many bad apples in most clubs

PKC CH Byers Boogar Hollow D
( Mojo On Tap X Midnight Fly )

Last edited by MR.RATMAN on 02-13-2018 at 03:49 AM

Old Post 02-13-2018 03:38 AM
MR.RATMAN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MR.RATMAN Click here to Send MR.RATMAN a Private Message Click Here to Email MR.RATMAN Find more posts by MR.RATMAN Add MR.RATMAN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

You sir just made up my mind I will call ukc and cancel my hunts in the morning. Then I will no longer belong to a click.

Tar

Old Post 02-13-2018 03:48 AM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

Tar, I definitely tried to defend you on the other thread, but man you make it hard on yourself at times. J S. Dave P.S. I am definitely not in any clique, nor do I desire to be in any clique. I am just one of many board members that voices an opinion.

Old Post 02-13-2018 04:09 AM
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

quote:

There is one club 30 miles there was 2 members at their last hunt I had to guide one shut down the others are over 70 miles except for the ones in Texas

Tar

How many clubs are there within 100 miles of you ?

Old Post 02-13-2018 04:21 AM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Let's see there have been a bunch shut down and several more are fixing to there is 2 in Texas but they have no where to hunt really without you getting in trouble 2 east of here 70 miles and 80 miles one west of here 30 miles but it's like ours struggling Ada okla is 70 miles and the rest are over 100 but all are really small clubs with small membership one bunch comes from chickasha oklaoma that 2 1/2 hrs some come from Wichita Falls tx 2hrs some from Lawton okla about 2 hrs the pernell okla club just shut down its not just one club it's the whole area we combined with the love county club and we still only got four officers and it's just the four of us. Not spreading gloom and doom a bunch of guys still hunt young ones too! But you can have a non sanctioned hunt they come out of the wood work crap I don't know. But you can have a meeting a whole group shows up with all these ideas you get pumped up hunt time comes and nobody shows. So we are better off with plan B. Less head aches don't have to argue with nobody.

Tar

Old Post 02-13-2018 04:45 AM
okreddog56
UKC Forum Member

PUT SOMETHING UP TO WIN,AND EVEN THE GRNITE'S WILL SHOW UP,I HUNTED AT A HUNT THEY HAD AT ADAIR ,OK. A COUPLE OF YEARS BACK,THEY GAVE AWAY A PAIR HUNTING BOOTS TO THE HIGH SCORING DOG OF EACH BREED,52 DOGS HUNTED AT $30 ENTRY,THAT IS $1560 BOOTS COST THEM $600,THAT IS $960 PROFIT FOR THE CLUB,WENT TO ONE AT STIGLER,THEY GAVE AWAY A RUGER 10-22 FOR HIGH SCORING DOG,$25 ENTRY,37 DOGS THAT $925 AND THE GUN COST $360,CLUB PROFIT $565,ON $15 HUNTS FOR WIN SLIPS ALL YOU ARE GETTING IS TITTLE HUNTERS.

Grnite.ch.Grch.Hicks Rusty .GRNITECH.GRCH.SIMPSONS COON CRAZY COOTER .GRNITECH(2)GRCH.SIMPSONS COON CRAZY DAZY. .NITECH.GRCH.SIMPSONS COON CRAZY JUNEBUG GR.NITECH.GRCH.SIMPSONS RUSTY RED CUDA . GRNITECH.PKC CH. CHKC CH. TANK. CH.GRNITECH.MYATT CREEK LUCY.CH.GRFDCH.GRNITECH.WADES TREE TIGHT TINA.CH.NITECH.RUSTY RED RUTH

Old Post 02-13-2018 05:10 AM
okreddog56 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for okreddog56 Click here to Send okreddog56 a Private Message Click Here to Email okreddog56 Find more posts by okreddog56 Add okreddog56 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
K. Singletary
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkinriver
Another thing is the "poor boy" hunts. Used to be clubs had a poor boy hunt and the entry fees were low. All you expected to get was a win slip. Now they all are poor boy hunts with higher entry fees and still just a win slip

My daughter is 12 and she likes the bench shows. Honestly she couldn't care less about the win slip and she just wants a trophy. She refuses to go to a poor boy, but what's worse, is hunts that aren't advertised as poor boy that still don't give out any awards.

ChNtCh Allnite Gypsy Girl

Old Post 02-13-2018 06:16 PM
K. Singletary is offline Click Here to See the Profile for K. Singletary Click here to Send K. Singletary a Private Message Click Here to Email K. Singletary Find more posts by K. Singletary Add K. Singletary to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DocAcumen
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Your absolutly right doc you couldn't have said it no better. That's what I meant by mentioning the non sanctioned hunts wasent rubbing ukc I was making a point. They get no titles , they get no points , they got choices they can make and they get money. If you make the titles harder to obtain your going to have to give more than a win slip. I like a win slip but I am old school lol.

Tar

Well , Mr. Tar
Glad that we see something the same!

The Titles in UKC , was a big thing.... Back in the DAY!

With all the $$$$ going on in payouts for Hunts.....
The young hunters really see no point to put a title on a dog in UKC....

And I would guess , if y'all see a big $$$$ winning dog, or handler with a different dog at a UKC hunt be local , or otherwise? I would just guess ? That they are there to do a TEST and TUNE!!! They will not care if they WIN!
Just there to work on stuff!

Again just my opinion....

They can risk aboit the same cash in another KC , and might get a reward?
Even if it is there dog they are hunting.

Now, if they have had some time in the woods , and proven that they know how to handle a hound, call it, know the rules well......
Then they have a HIGH chance of handling dogs for others in the $$$ KC's......

They get to do something they enjoy, and get paid to do it!

WIN WIN for them! And the one that is paying them!!!
The life of the handler , is probably as short as the, life of a HIGH POWERED Dog.... As the handler will grow old on the time spent doing it ?

Although , I will bet you will continue to see more, and more Dogs.... With a lot if money WON, and still not have a title in UKC?

Sure there are many NOW!!!! that have WON a lot of $$$$

And have no title in the UKC?

Feel free to correct me about anything I am wrong about!

Last edited by DocAcumen on 02-14-2018 at 01:20 AM

Old Post 02-14-2018 12:57 AM
DocAcumen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DocAcumen Click here to Send DocAcumen a Private Message Find more posts by DocAcumen Add DocAcumen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I asked a younger hunter the other night why he didn't participate in the performance program and he told me yes you could get paid from it but you have to wait a year for your money. He said a $30 hunt in the $$$ on 4 dogs you get $78 and you get it that night. Again that makes sense to me somtimes these kids got stuff better thought out than you think.

Again doc you are spot on.

Tar

Old Post 02-14-2018 04:23 AM
coonhunter00
UKC Forum Member

Our Club

Our Club has been doing several different things to increase our numbers and it seems to be working. First of all, we have been advertising hard (mainly through FaceBook). Also, we have been awarding hunters with just more than a “win slip”. The club buys a couple bags of feed every hunt for two of the hunt winners. We buy small trophies for the overall show and hunt winners (we do a KING/Queen of Show and hunt). Been fortunate to have items donated to us to raffle off (sometimes a free raffle sometimes we sell tickets) Another thing that we have been doing is trying to get the youth involved so any Youth Hunter, anyone still in grades 12 & under, and also anyone who hunt directs ($KC and UKC if they have a handler) receive a free entry paid for by the club.
I joined this club in April or May 2017 and was voted in the be a Officer when a spot needed filled in July 2017. This club had a average so low they was almost going to loose their hunts. Then in the last 2 UKC hunts of the year after a lot of advertising and hardwork our entry numbers tripled. This shows that a little extra hard work will pay off.

Our club has a Facebook group page that we all post our pleasure hunts, hounds, and any KC hunt results on. Anyone that would like feel free to join it and check it out @ https://m.facebook.com/groups/408934332790881 . We are located in Pike County, KY. And call ourselves the Shelby Vallej CoonHunters Association

Old Post 02-14-2018 04:48 AM
coonhunter00 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coonhunter00 Click here to Send coonhunter00 a Private Message Click Here to Email coonhunter00 Find more posts by coonhunter00 Add coonhunter00 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MIKE CARDER
UKC Forum Member

i SORT OF

quote:
I asked a younger hunter the other night why he didn't participate in the performance program and he told me yes you could get paid from it but you have to wait a year for your money. He said a $30 hunt in the $$$ on 4 dogs you get $78 and you get it that night. Again that makes sense to me somtimes these kids got stuff better thought out than you think.

Again doc you are spot on.

Tar

Understand that. But is that what things have come to? Money right now? instead of accumulating points and getting a big check at the end of the year? What was your response to him Robert?

Phone number 270-820-5560

Old Post 02-14-2018 03:39 PM
MIKE CARDER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MIKE CARDER Click here to Send MIKE CARDER a Private Message Click Here to Email MIKE CARDER Find more posts by MIKE CARDER Add MIKE CARDER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I just listened if your going to stay in buisness in a very competitive market you have to listen and somehow give people what they want the little bit I do don't pay the bills.

Tar

Old Post 02-14-2018 03:48 PM
Dogwhisper
UKC Forum Member

"Millennials "want instant gratification.....$78.00 is about half if not more than half of what a P.P. point is worth........Jr. has it figured out!

Old Post 02-14-2018 08:41 PM
Dogwhisper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dogwhisper Click here to Send Dogwhisper a Private Message Find more posts by Dogwhisper Add Dogwhisper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote