UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Change is a coming!!!!
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Change is a coming!!!!

Oh my goodness, UKC has been listening to all of the internet coonhunters. Tarbaby is going to get his way. Just wait until y'all hear about all of the "procedural" changes that will be made to the hunts and Performance Program. These won't be rule changes but changes in the way that the hunts are run. These changes will affect the local hunts and are an effort to increase participation. All of the people that have been badmouthing UKC and saying they aren't listening or won't make changes are going to be awfully redfaced.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-10-2018 02:30 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

If your excited about it red dogs must get double bonus points lol !

Love y'all.
Tar

Old Post 02-10-2018 02:40 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

When will us deplorables get the info?

Old Post 02-10-2018 03:00 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stan Ferrell
UKC Forum Member

Probably just going to offer the rule book in Spanish.

Old Post 02-10-2018 03:55 PM
Stan Ferrell is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stan Ferrell Click here to Send Stan Ferrell a Private Message Find more posts by Stan Ferrell Add Stan Ferrell to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Just wait until you hear the details. Y'all will be excited to. Someone has been reading what Tarbaby has been posting.

Old Post 02-10-2018 05:05 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Richard Lambert

If tarbaby's involved, it must have something to do with "slick" trees. Let me guess, slick trees will be deleted up to 5 trees in a 2 hour hunt, 3 trees in a 1 hour hunt. Go gettem tarbaby! Lol, Dave

Old Post 02-10-2018 05:17 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Now , now Dave I addmit I been trying to turn a sows ear into a silk purse one slick, two dens , and three coons up one tree last night you see coons setting up and the second you hit them with they light they are coming down. Richard I was beginning to wonder I only been nagging them 5 yrs lol whew they got thicker hide than me lol. Ada Oklahoma is next month that's all corey could talk about last night I am having a good time even a bad hunt is a good hunt.

Tar

Old Post 02-10-2018 05:34 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

You know that I was just kidding you. I respect your honest evaluation of your dog. Hope you turn that sucker unto a coon treeing machine! Dave

Old Post 02-10-2018 05:57 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hittman
UKC Forum Member

Man Iam ready. Change is good. Excited about Ada next month. I have always like UKC more. Better sportsmanship not all about the money.

Old Post 02-10-2018 06:27 PM
Hittman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hittman Click here to Send Hittman a Private Message Click Here to Email Hittman Find more posts by Hittman Add Hittman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Dave he defiantly knows what that tone button is and he knows if he don't pay attention what the next one is lol. It's going to be a good thing breath new life into some of us original OG'S. I know I probly hurt some feelings but I believed in what I was fighting for.

Tar

Old Post 02-10-2018 06:32 PM
Hoosier Man1
UKC Forum Member

The only question I have is, will I be able to hunt my Grand Nites at the local level?

Grand Nite Ch HOF PKC Silver Ch Heatseaker Unleash the Kraken(Grand at 15 months old) BBOA Overall 1st place X2, Tournament of Champions Finalist, National Bluetic Days overall winner, Autumn Oaks Grand 16x2 PKC SS Semi Finalist PKC State Hunt Final 4 UKC World Top 20
GRNT CH BLUES AMAZING GRACE
Trevor Hack
567-231-7413

Old Post 02-10-2018 06:35 PM
Hoosier Man1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hoosier Man1 Click here to Send Hoosier Man1 a Private Message Find more posts by Hoosier Man1 Add Hoosier Man1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Everyone will have something to talk/post about anyway. Some will like the new changes and some won't. They are even talking about real "races" and keeping track of standings. Also there is a new format to bring the Gr Nts back and changes to the requirements to title a dog. Y'all had better hurry and put a "cheap" title on your dog because it is going to get tougher. There will probably be a lot of crying about that.

Old Post 02-10-2018 06:35 PM
Brian Gray
UKC Forum Member

Change is good,but if there a fewer coon hunters in today's world like there use to be back in the 80's and 90's I don't see how it will increase the numbers at local hunts. The problem is not U.K.C. or any other kennel club it is just the fact there is not the coon hunters there use to be and I don't see that changing either. You mention coon hunting to most around where I live and hear is what you hear "ARE YOU CRAZY".

Old Post 02-10-2018 07:25 PM
Brian Gray is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brian Gray Click here to Send Brian Gray a Private Message Find more posts by Brian Gray Add Brian Gray to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nathan Phenix
UKC Forum Member

When will these changes be revealed to rest of us being kept in dark?

Bayou Creek Black and Tan’s

Nathan Phenix
417-255-5697

Old Post 02-10-2018 07:28 PM
Nathan Phenix is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nathan Phenix Click here to Send Nathan Phenix a Private Message Find more posts by Nathan Phenix Add Nathan Phenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

If Richard is a true deplorable(which I believe he is ) he will tell us what he knows

Old Post 02-10-2018 07:35 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Changes aren't finalized yet. You still have time to voice your opinions/ideas. Contact your area field rep or your breed rep and let him know how you feel. Or you could just call Krystal. Hobo has her phone #.

Old Post 02-10-2018 07:51 PM
thomasg
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Brian Gray
Change is good,but if there a fewer coon hunters in today's world like there use to be back in the 80's and 90's I don't see how it will increase the numbers at local hunts. The problem is not U.K.C. or any other kennel club it is just the fact there is not the coon hunters there use to be and I don't see that changing either. You mention coon hunting to most around where I live and hear is what you hear "ARE YOU CRAZY".
ALL THEY ASK ME IS HOW MUCH THE HIDES ARE Bringing

Old Post 02-10-2018 07:52 PM
thomasg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thomasg Click here to Send thomasg a Private Message Click Here to Email thomasg Find more posts by thomasg Add thomasg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

And all of the "real coonhunters" at the Winter Classic heard Allen Gingrich make a big announcement about the changes just before the draw. I guess you just had to be there instead of sitting at home in front of your computer.

Old Post 02-10-2018 08:03 PM
Chuck Allen
UKC Forum Member

Must be switching back to the old fashioned Possum Kennel Club rules where possums only get 25+ on strike and tree for all the dogs in the cast. LOL

When the law of the land becomes unjust outlaws will rise to take their place in history.

Old Post 02-10-2018 08:20 PM
Chuck Allen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chuck Allen Click here to Send Chuck Allen a Private Message Find more posts by Chuck Allen Add Chuck Allen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Sombody say possum ?

Old Post 02-10-2018 08:45 PM
joey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Hoosier Man1
The only question I have is, will I be able to hunt my Grand Nites at the local level?

If they do what we talked about then yes, and I'm afraid tarbaby didn't have anything to do with it.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 02-10-2018 11:10 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I praise you oh great one !! I moh the first 25yrs it's your turn the next 25 yrs I am hunting from now on lol.

Tar

Old Post 02-10-2018 11:25 PM
Stan Ferrell
UKC Forum Member

Fake news???

Old Post 02-11-2018 12:01 AM
Stan Ferrell is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stan Ferrell Click here to Send Stan Ferrell a Private Message Find more posts by Stan Ferrell Add Stan Ferrell to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DFred
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Ed zachary
Fake news???

Sounds about right.

Old Post 02-11-2018 12:04 AM
DFred is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DFred Click here to Send DFred a Private Message Find more posts by DFred Add DFred to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I am just saying if you are man enough to set in those meetings and make changes you should step up get your moh license set behind the table and enforce them I got enough to do as it is. I don't want no credit for nothing I just want some help and for numbers to grow.

Tar

Old Post 02-11-2018 12:12 AM