UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Toughest Boot & Chap Combo
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Gr.Nt.Ch.Plott
UKC Forum Member

Toughest Boot & Chap Combo

I got a young boy (15 years old) that hunts with us, we got him some chaps last year at Christmas time & they are shredded I was wondering what boot/chap combo is the toughest for a good hard young hunter, I'll not post the brand we got last time but we for sure need them to be tougher this go around..... Thanks for the help

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-12-2014 04:51 AM
Gr.Nt.Ch.Plott is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gr.Nt.Ch.Plott Click here to Send Gr.Nt.Ch.Plott a Private Message Visit Gr.Nt.Ch.Plott's homepage! Find more posts by Gr.Nt.Ch.Plott Add Gr.Nt.Ch.Plott to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mark Blair
UKC Forum Member

I got a pair of the Dan's Five Star chaps and they are Tuff!

Old Post 12-12-2014 03:59 PM
Mark Blair is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mark Blair Click here to Send Mark Blair a Private Message Click Here to Email Mark Blair Find more posts by Mark Blair Add Mark Blair to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dwils
UKC Forum Member

Boots just aren't made to last anymore , but the yoder super chap is the best chap I've had to date . They easily out last the boot they are on and don't shred near the ankle like the valley creek / dans chap did when I had them

NtCh PKCCh Skuna River Faith
NtCh PKC Ch Catch This
Silver Ch River Bend Lacey

Old Post 12-12-2014 05:11 PM
Dwils is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dwils Click here to Send Dwils a Private Message Click Here to Email Dwils Find more posts by Dwils Add Dwils to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Will Walker
UKC Forum Member

I just got a pair of Bekina (Sunfire) boots with Yoder super chaps off Dean Miller. Ive only wore them one night. Light,warm,comfortable and they look indestructible.

Old Post 12-12-2014 09:58 PM
Will Walker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Will Walker Click here to Send Will Walker a Private Message Click Here to Email Will Walker Find more posts by Will Walker Add Will Walker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BackBay
UKC Forum Member

I bought my boys lacrosse burly with Dans snake proof chaps, they out grew them before they wore out. I passed them down and they are still going strong.

Jeff D

Old Post 12-12-2014 10:20 PM
BackBay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BackBay Click here to Send BackBay a Private Message Click Here to Email BackBay Find more posts by BackBay Add BackBay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dumbdog1988
Banned

Dunlop boots are the toughest made had mine for over 2 years now with dans 5 star chaps the black ones. They're a hundred dollars more than other boots with chaps but they're going to last 4ever

Zach

Old Post 12-13-2014 12:23 AM
dumbdog1988 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dumbdog1988 Click here to Send dumbdog1988 a Private Message Find more posts by dumbdog1988 Add dumbdog1988 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
POTOMAC
UKC Forum Member

Dans five star chaps and bekina boots is the toughest combo outthere toay !!! The grubb boots and dans chaps have been very good for the price but I seem to punch holes in the boots very easy !!!

Old Post 12-13-2014 01:08 AM
POTOMAC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for POTOMAC Click here to Send POTOMAC a Private Message Find more posts by POTOMAC Add POTOMAC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BETHLEHEM BLUES
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Will Walker
I just got a pair of Bekina (Sunfire) boots with Yoder super chaps off Dean Miller. Ive only wore them one night. Light,warm,comfortable and they look indestructible.

I also recently purchased the same combo best I've ever had on hands down

(RIP) Nt Ch HTX Uchtman first class Jack
(RIP) Gr Nite Ch Yeager’s Wild N Wonderful Ginger

Heikki Yeager (304) 905-3585

Old Post 12-13-2014 03:56 AM
BETHLEHEM BLUES is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BETHLEHEM BLUES Click here to Send BETHLEHEM BLUES a Private Message Click Here to Email BETHLEHEM BLUES Find more posts by BETHLEHEM BLUES Add BETHLEHEM BLUES to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gr.Nt.Ch.Plott
UKC Forum Member

Thanks guys & gals for the replies, looks like the Dans 5 star or Snake proofs are the way to go, Now to the next question Where is the cheapest place to find them in a 12?

Old Post 12-13-2014 06:09 AM
Gr.Nt.Ch.Plott is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gr.Nt.Ch.Plott Click here to Send Gr.Nt.Ch.Plott a Private Message Visit Gr.Nt.Ch.Plott's homepage! Find more posts by Gr.Nt.Ch.Plott Add Gr.Nt.Ch.Plott to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote