UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Best light on the Market
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Steve Shipman
UKC Forum Member

Best light on the Market

Just started back in the coon hounds. Been out of it for 20+ years. Shopping for a new light. Belt light w/hand held spot light. Would also like the walking light on side of battery like the old eagle sunburst lights. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

CH GRPCH GRHBCH McGrady's Loko Go Rosco ( 2011 PP World Championship 9th place )
GRPCH CH GRHBCH Cedar Grove's Loko Go RC Cola ( WV High Point PP Hound 2010 & 2012)
PCH GRCH Cedar Grove's Briarpatch Holly NBPPA'S 1st Total Dog Winner 2011
GRPCH Jollife's Valleyveiw Cally (Pumpkin) 2011 WV High Point PP Hound
HBCH CH GRPCH Cedar Grove's Briarpatch Nugget 2011 WV PP State Run-off Winner
NTCH CH Bone's Relic Hunter (Moose)
Bone's Smooth Southern Shine [Stolen}

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-16-2015 08:25 PM
Steve Shipman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Steve Shipman Click here to Send Steve Shipman a Private Message Click Here to Email Steve Shipman Visit Steve Shipman's homepage! Find more posts by Steve Shipman Add Steve Shipman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jonathan Crump
UKC Forum Member

LED now super bright no spot light needed. I use, recommend and sale Nite Rider Hollow lights which are made in Tennessee. You can call me at 706-244-2024.

Nite Rider Hollow Assassin 7X Pro
3200 Lumen / 5+ hrs on High / 180+ on Low
12V 7 LED ( 3 white / 2 red / 2 green )
Belt or cap light also 24V belt option.
The only thing you gain with voltage is burn time a 24V is no Brighter than a 12V.
2 yr full warranty / 4 yr on LED / Limited Lifetime Warranty

Bluetick Hound
Liz (Davis Creek So Blue Slug x Watsons Smoky Mtn Blue Zip)

Gone but never forgotten
Briar (Andersons Screaming Blue Zues X Triple D All Grand Puddles)
Blue (Thunder St. Nick X Fosters Little Frosty)

Proudly use and sale
Nite Rider Hollow Lights

Last edited by Jonathan Crump on 06-16-2015 at 08:56 PM

Old Post 06-16-2015 08:43 PM
Jonathan Crump is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jonathan Crump Click here to Send Jonathan Crump a Private Message Click Here to Email Jonathan Crump Find more posts by Jonathan Crump Add Jonathan Crump to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

I think you will regret not getting a cap light, really lightens the load and no cord to fight.

Old Post 06-16-2015 08:44 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Steve Shipman
UKC Forum Member

Can't stand wearing a hard hat. Wear one all day long at work. Have one now with the light attached to the helmet and don't like it.

CH GRPCH GRHBCH McGrady's Loko Go Rosco ( 2011 PP World Championship 9th place )
GRPCH CH GRHBCH Cedar Grove's Loko Go RC Cola ( WV High Point PP Hound 2010 & 2012)

Old Post 06-16-2015 09:04 PM
Steve Shipman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Steve Shipman Click here to Send Steve Shipman a Private Message Click Here to Email Steve Shipman Visit Steve Shipman's homepage! Find more posts by Steve Shipman Add Steve Shipman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jrkb2012
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Steve Shipman
Can't stand wearing a hard hat. Wear one all day long at work. Have one now with the light attached to the helmet and don't like it.
You can get them with softcap and hard liner inside the cap,,very comfy and you can take hard liner out if you line,,I have the sunspot ultra horizon,,best and brightest light there is on the market ,bar none,they put out 130,000 to 140,000 luxes,,it is brighter than anyone needs,,and comes with white flood walking light,and red and green flood light,all on one switch,,Michael Rosamond (Joey) on here,,can make the light any way you want it,,,cap,belt,around the neck,,and I even think mounted on battery,,,I have mine on the softcap and love it,,give Michael a call,he can answer any question you have for him and he will explain everything,,he is top notch guy,,his number is 936-827-6309 these are the newest lights on the market right now,,,you won't be disappointed if you get yourself one

Last edited by Jrkb2012 on 06-16-2015 at 10:08 PM

Old Post 06-16-2015 09:47 PM
Jrkb2012 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jrkb2012 Click here to Send Jrkb2012 a Private Message Click Here to Email Jrkb2012 Find more posts by Jrkb2012 Add Jrkb2012 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MIKE CARDER
UKC Forum Member

Steve Shipman

Oh no, Steve is into coonhounds. Guys if this gentleman trains a coonhound anything like his beagles then they will be winners, that's for sure. Really fine man.
Steve I wear a hard hat all day at my job too. I bought myself a bright eyes Flame on a soft cover with a liner, and feels nothing like my hard hat. Plus I just got a Boss 3D Hotspot with red and green lights with the bump cap. Used it last night. Great great light.

Phone number 270-820-5560

Old Post 06-16-2015 11:25 PM
MIKE CARDER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MIKE CARDER Click here to Send MIKE CARDER a Private Message Click Here to Email MIKE CARDER Find more posts by MIKE CARDER Add MIKE CARDER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Steve Shipman
UKC Forum Member

Good to hear from you Mike. Where did you purchase your outfit?

Old Post 06-16-2015 11:28 PM
bronco
UKC Forum Member

Hand down...Bright Eyes Trifecta. Been submerged under water many times for many hours and has never failed. Switch to flood, spot or red. I dont care for the cap lights.

HABIT'S JUNGLE FEVER (Bad Habit's Son x Two Lost Sox).

Old Post 06-16-2015 11:40 PM
bronco is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bronco Click here to Send bronco a Private Message Find more posts by bronco Add bronco to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MIKE CARDER
UKC Forum Member

Lights

The Boss light came from Kevin Rainwater, you might know him.
the flame came from Bright Eyes lights, 785-545-6378
I have a bright eyes belt light with a 5100 head on it but dont like the cord now that i have used the cap lights.

What BRAND of hound do you have now, i stayed the same just bigger beagles, a lot bigger. lol

See you around.

Phone number 270-820-5560

Old Post 06-16-2015 11:55 PM
MIKE CARDER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MIKE CARDER Click here to Send MIKE CARDER a Private Message Click Here to Email MIKE CARDER Find more posts by MIKE CARDER Add MIKE CARDER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Steve Shipman
UKC Forum Member

Same here Mike. Running larger beagles. Lone Pine and House Breeding. I'm sure we will be running into each other soon. Take care my friend.

Old Post 06-17-2015 12:22 AM