UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Hide dogs, hijacking Tar's debate thread let's see them
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Larry Hall
UKC Forum Member

Hide dogs, hijacking Tar's debate thread let's see them

Few of us still trying to hunt a hide dog, there is no money in it for sure, but it's enjoyable still.. Few pics of some getting ready for the fur sale in Canada.. I still have all my own gear, but the neighbor kid scraped and dried for me and I'm good with that. Shooting for a $10.00 average up north in May.. 136 total catch with one dog alone, 55 kept and put up to ship.

Hide Dog: PKC CH UKC Nite Ch Hardwood Arizona Ranger
Hardwood Patch semen X Lippers LipLock Lizzy

will be 2 years old on Saturday.. He's not a world beater, but will tree you a coon and not take all day to do it. First real hide season under his belt and I'm very satisfied with the results.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-18-2019 06:15 PM
Larry Hall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Hall Click here to Send Larry Hall a Private Message Click Here to Email Larry Hall Find more posts by Larry Hall Add Larry Hall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

That's what I am talken bout !!

Tar

Old Post 02-18-2019 06:21 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jd6400
UKC Forum Member

Oh hell yea!!!Don't know many doing that anymore.Nice job.

Old Post 02-18-2019 06:26 PM
Jd6400 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jd6400 Click here to Send Jd6400 a Private Message Find more posts by Jd6400 Add Jd6400 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jkidd1
UKC Forum Member

Rex is usually 3rd or last strike in a cast, and usually makes half the amount of trees the other dogs do, but I don't walk past coon goin to him either, and I'll take that style every time. Rex showed me that a good ol pleasure dog can win these hunts.

…… GRNITECH ‘PR’ WAGER’S STYLISH LIPPER
… GRNITECH ‘PR’ HARD KNOCKIN’ STYLISH HAYES
…… GRNITECH ‘PR’ TAYLOR’S HARDWOOD DIXIE
GRNITECH ‘PR’ OL SOUTH'S STYLISH REBEL (semen)
…… GRNITECH ‘PR’ LOGAN’S WILD CLOVER
… GRNITECH ‘PR’ SCHMERSAL’S STYLISH ANNA
…… GRNITECH ‘PR’ KORTE’S STYLISH CHIRPEE

GRCH GRNITECH 'PR' ST. JOHN'S STYLISH REX

......GRNITECH. Nocturnal Skipper
...World Nt. Ch. GRNITECH. GRCH. X Jr.
......GRCH GRNITECH. Hardie’s Bigtime Trixie
GRNITECH. JR'S JANIE
.....GRNITECH. Turpin’s Stylish Rube
...World Nt. Ch. GRNITECH. Bolden and Turpin's Insane Jane
......GRNITECH. Nailor’s Hurricane Jane

JEREMY KIDD
765-520-1552

*females*
GRNITECH' JR'S JANEY
(Xjr X Insane Jane)

GRNITECH ST. JOHN'S STYLISH REX
(Ol south stylish Rebel X Janey)

GRNITECH' AFTER DARK'S JAN-IT
(Sweat It X Janey)

DUAL GRNITE' LONETREE LEGEND (R.I.P.)
(Noct. Style X Southern Sky)

GRNITECH' STYLISH LITTLE PEG(R.I.P.)
(Trackman X Browns Little Peg)

GRNITECH 'PR' JANEY'S GOTTA GUN
(Wild Card X Jr's Janey)

NITECH ‘PR’ REBELS STYLISH MOJA
(Ol Souths Stylish Rebel X Janey)

AFTER DARK’S PURDY PENNY
(Big $$ X Janit)

NITECH' SEVEN MILE SLOOPY(R.I.P.)
(Skipper x Big time Trixie)

Proud UNION JOURNEYMAN LINEMAN
https://i.postimg.cc/654pWfzm/IMG-1920.png
I.B.E.W. LOCAL 1393

Old Post 02-18-2019 06:28 PM
jkidd1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jkidd1 Click here to Send jkidd1 a Private Message Click Here to Email jkidd1 Find more posts by jkidd1 Add jkidd1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

A meat dog don't need two miles of woods to put in a two hour hunt best I remember anyways lol.

Tar

Old Post 02-18-2019 06:31 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jkidd1
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
A meat dog don't need two miles of woods to put in a two hour hunt best I remember anyways lol.

Tar

Yessir Tar, you are exactly right!!! 👍

JEREMY KIDD
765-520-1552

*females*
GRNITECH' JR'S JANEY
(Xjr X Insane Jane)

(Sweat It X Janey)

(Wild Card X Jr's Janey)

AFTER DARK’S PURDY PENNY
(Big $$ X Janit)

I.B.E.W. LOCAL 1393

Old Post 02-18-2019 06:34 PM
jkidd1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jkidd1 Click here to Send jkidd1 a Private Message Click Here to Email jkidd1 Find more posts by jkidd1 Add jkidd1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Hall
UKC Forum Member

I'd be fighting you for that 3rd ad 4th strike Jkidd!! Tooth and nail! I'd bet we'd probably be fighting over that first tree as well!! Very nice looking dog and I like his style. Congrats!

Old Post 02-18-2019 07:19 PM
Larry Hall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Hall Click here to Send Larry Hall a Private Message Click Here to Email Larry Hall Find more posts by Larry Hall Add Larry Hall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jkidd1
UKC Forum Member

Larry sounds like we like the same kind lol. Me or you may never win the world but at least we won't ever starve to death lol.

JEREMY KIDD
765-520-1552

*females*
GRNITECH' JR'S JANEY
(Xjr X Insane Jane)

(Sweat It X Janey)

(Wild Card X Jr's Janey)

AFTER DARK’S PURDY PENNY
(Big $$ X Janit)

I.B.E.W. LOCAL 1393

Old Post 02-18-2019 07:48 PM
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

GrNtCh Big Money, Dual Gn Rita, Dual Gn PKC Ch Panic Coon Dogs, All Born Here at Homemade Kennels.

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

GrNtChGrCh Homemade Josie.
Homemade Tank.
GrNtCh Hardwood Bean (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Abbotts Bawling Rebel (SEMEN)
GrNtChGrCh Tj's Stylish Lipper (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Nite Life Pay Dirt (SEMEN)
GrNtCh PKC Ch Poison Smoke (SEMEN)

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

2010 SETWA BREEDER OF THE YEAR!!
(828) 302-5480

Old Post 02-18-2019 08:30 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

JKidd

I just keep seeing the old style [ my kind ] of coonhunters in every post you make. Dang, it's nice to see a young hunter like yourself that values hunting a winter time hide producing dog that goes to the Hunts and wins his share. All is not lost as long as we have young men like you hunting and raising coondogs that tree them in the winter months just as good as in the summer months.Hides may not be worth much but we still need the type if dogs that can fill a barn full of hides in the winter. Dave

Old Post 02-18-2019 08:38 PM
Dave Richards is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tim Osborne

Nice picture, those Hardwood Bean dogs definitely can get the job done. My partner and myself have treed a bunch of coons over the past several years with this line of dogs. To quote from an old sales ad years ago in Fullcry, " as good as the best and better than the rest". Keep up this line of dogs, the coon hunting world would deeply regret losing this bloodline. I encourage anyone looking for the kind of dog that can fill a barn with hides and win their share of hunts to get themselves some of your stock. If I was younger, I would try and keep this a secret, I would not want my competition to get their hands on these dogs. Lol. Dave

Old Post 02-18-2019 09:49 PM
Dave Richards is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MR.RATMAN
Banned

Good luck on $10 average. I average $7.42

PKC CH Byers Boogar Hollow D
( Mojo On Tap X Midnight Fly )

Old Post 02-18-2019 11:05 PM
MR.RATMAN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MR.RATMAN Click here to Send MR.RATMAN a Private Message Click Here to Email MR.RATMAN Find more posts by MR.RATMAN Add MR.RATMAN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by MR.RATMAN
Good luck on $10 average. I average $7.42

Picture was taken 6 or 7 years ago, Chillicothe MO, in 4 nights we made little over $900, our Avg was $15 per coon, iv not sold a hide since.

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

GrNtChGrCh Homemade Josie.
Homemade Tank.
GrNtCh Hardwood Bean (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Abbotts Bawling Rebel (SEMEN)
GrNtChGrCh Tj's Stylish Lipper (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Nite Life Pay Dirt (SEMEN)
GrNtCh PKC Ch Poison Smoke (SEMEN)

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

2010 SETWA BREEDER OF THE YEAR!!
(828) 302-5480

Old Post 02-19-2019 12:10 AM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
G.Nagle
UKC Forum Member

You might just get that $10 average. Sure looks like that kid did a nice job on those furs. Hopefully he get his share as well It's a lot of work.

Old Post 02-19-2019 02:33 AM
G.Nagle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for G.Nagle Click here to Send G.Nagle a Private Message Find more posts by G.Nagle Add G.Nagle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DL NH
UKC Forum Member

Wow! An average of $7.42 ea.? I remember in Dec. of 1982 my hunting buddy Don Hood and I sold 32 coon and averaged $34.00 dollars apiece. 8 of those 32 sold for $45.00 apiece! Times have changed and the demand for fur is down and not as popular as it once was. We were hunting my 3-1/2 year old bluetick female Ch. Twin River Blue Jenny and his 3-1/2 year old Walker female, Ch. Nt. Ch. Hood's Finley River Jody who was one of the best coonhounds I ever followed.

Jody was Dual Gr. Ch Finley River Nighthawk's grandmother on his dam's side. Don got her as a pup from Fritz Roulk down in Baton Rouge, LA. Her 1st fall hunting she treed 32 coon for him solo at just 10 months old. Don got out of coon hunting in 1986 and gave Jody to me. She finished out her days here and is buried in my back yard. Wonderful memories of her and she produced some good hounds as well.

Old Post 02-19-2019 04:12 AM
DL NH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DL NH Click here to Send DL NH a Private Message Find more posts by DL NH Add DL NH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hoosier Man1
UKC Forum Member

I put every win on these 3 and they did their share of coon treeing.

GRNT CH MAIN STREET IKE

GRNT CH NOCTURNAL MOUSE TRAP
GRNT CH OWL CREEK BLUE BELL

online image hosting

Grand Nite Ch HOF PKC Silver Ch Heatseaker Unleash the Kraken(Grand at 15 months old) BBOA Overall 1st place X2, Tournament of Champions Finalist, National Bluetic Days overall winner, Autumn Oaks Grand 16x2 PKC SS Semi Finalist PKC State Hunt Final 4 UKC World Top 20
GRNT CH BLUES AMAZING GRACE
Trevor Hack
567-231-7413

Old Post 02-19-2019 04:56 AM
Hoosier Man1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hoosier Man1 Click here to Send Hoosier Man1 a Private Message Find more posts by Hoosier Man1 Add Hoosier Man1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

I wish you well with your hides. The last hides I put up was 4 years ago . Over 60 hides and a $4 average. Wasn't worth my time so I haven't done any since unless I need 1 to work with a pup.

Old Post 02-19-2019 01:51 PM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Hall
UKC Forum Member

Great to see some other folks packing hide dogs. Very cool!

We will see how it all turns out. I’ve averaged in the high 20’s multiple times back in the glory days. But unfortunately those days are long gone.

Appreciate everyone’s response

Old Post 02-20-2019 08:59 AM
wjoey
Banned

I could post a pic but it would make everyone mad down here

UKC PREFORMANCE SIRE Nt ch pkc ch BAM BAM The only one out of WORLD CH BIG D X GRNT SKIPPERS UMFORGIVEN SAIGE she has 21 pups 4nt ch 5 grnt ch thats 42.85%
He is a coon dog!
Nt ch ch Insane Minnie MouseInsane cain x Malden Branch Mouse

HOME OF 2 TIME AQHA HORSE OF THE YEAR
World champion working cow horse snaffle bit
SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION
Top 16 NCHA WORLD Champion
Home of GHSRA All Around Cowboy Champion Chris wilbanks

Jerico Rebel our Movie star horse hes been in three films now 35 years old
Just passed away February 4th 2016

MY OLD DOGS GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
The one I will allways miss now deceased 01/09/2013
GR CH GRAND NT CH Handosme Trudy
SIRE PKC WLD CH GR NT WHATS UP DOC
DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

GRCH GR NT CH COBBLER CREEK WENDY
GR NT STYLISH TUFF - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER
GR NT STYLISH TACK - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER

NT CH SOUTHERN STYLE - JP'S HIGH STYLE X HOUSES LADY

Old Post 02-21-2019 01:41 AM
wjoey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wjoey Click here to Send wjoey a Private Message Find more posts by wjoey Add wjoey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Joe Wilbanks

You got that right, I learned years ago to keep my pictures and numbers private. Jealously is an ugly varmint, no need to flaunt anything in the South it just causes hard feelings. Funny though it does not matter to hunters up North or if you go up North and catch the coons then no one minds. Lol. Dave

Old Post 02-21-2019 01:53 AM
Doug Robinson
UKC Forum Member

Re: Joe Wilbanks

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
You got that right, I learned years ago to keep my pictures and numbers private. Jealously is an ugly varmint, no need to flaunt anything in the South it just causes hard feelings. Funny though it does not matter to hunters up North or if you go up North and catch the coons then no one minds. Lol. Dave

Dave you are right, given the bigger woods, more crop agriculture, and colder climate up North we realize if we want to keep a healthy population we have to harvest within reason. We find areas that we constantly harvest coon we return to the same populations year after year so it works up here!
Normally over the years my average take would be 100 coon but the last few years its around 50 due to low prices. I'm hoping the rabies and distemper doesn't become a factor as we harvest less. This year I tried something different, I sold 31 hides to a buyer but sent 19 big hides into get soft tanned.
I will look into selling a few for wall hangings in the local bow shop. Here's a few of my hide dogs.

Past Home of:
GRNITECH FCH GRCH ROBINSON'S SILVERTONE BLUSPECK HTX DNA-P
GRNITECH GRCH PKC CH ROBINSON'S RED LINDSAY
NITECH GRFCH GRWCH GRCH ROBINSON'S CROOKTAIL KATE
GRNITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S CIDERHOUSE LULU
NITECH GRCH GRFCH GRWCH RED RIDGE'S SUPER SHOCK Z HTX2
NITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S OATKA VALLEY ANNIE (BLUSPECK DAUGHTER)
NITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S JJ THUNDER SUE

Current
CH PR ROBINSON'S OATKA VALLEY JUNEBUG - (GRNITECH PKC CH RIVER BOTTOM'S CRACKER JACK X NITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S OATKA VALLEY ANNIE)

Old Post 02-21-2019 03:03 AM
Doug Robinson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doug Robinson Click here to Send Doug Robinson a Private Message Click Here to Email Doug Robinson Find more posts by Doug Robinson Add Doug Robinson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Hall
UKC Forum Member

Amazing size on those N.Y. coons!

Old Post 02-21-2019 03:31 AM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Doug

Loved the pictures, those are some big coons. Dave

Old Post 02-21-2019 04:20 AM