UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > how would you score the me tooers
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

I think many of you have missed what original poster was pointing out, though we agree with many of you on covering late and a countdown of some sort is needed. This thread is about the current rule of awarding circle strike points for dogs that come into slick, possums and dens after the judge arrives "saved by the judge scenerios". These circle points are used in tie breaking situations. You can literally be beat on a tie breaker by a dog that covered after the 5 and after the judge arrived blowing down on a possum when the others there were scratched.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-20-2019 05:52 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

I didn't miss the point on the o p. I got side tracked slightly. But honestly it don't make much difference to me on the rules. I don't hunt in ukc hunts. Not that my dogs aren't capable. I just prefer one of the other kc's. But it sure ain't set up to find out the best dog on that night, not the way it is. There's a bunch of different thing I like better in there other reg. But fact is, if you don't like the rules or the format, hunt the other registries. That simple. And I know I'm not the only 1 that feels like I do about it. Otherwise there's be a whole lot more guys my age and younger hunting in ukc. Imho

And
Partners on a few common trashy young dogs

Gone but not forgotten

GrNtCh, PKC Ch Hillbilly Bildo
Pr Broken Oaks Wild Blue Gypsy

Old Post 02-20-2019 07:48 PM
novicane65 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for novicane65 Click here to Send novicane65 a Private Message Click Here to Email novicane65 Find more posts by novicane65 Add novicane65 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
I think many of you have missed what original poster was pointing out, though we agree with many of you on covering late and a countdown of some sort is needed. This thread is about the current rule of awarding circle strike points for dogs that come into slick, possums and dens after the judge arrives "saved by the judge scenerios". These circle points are used in tie breaking situations. You can literally be beat on a tie breaker by a dog that covered after the 5 and after the judge arrived blowing down on a possum when the others there were scratched.

Richards ramblings always side track me. To the point of the OP the rules were made to circle the points because they felt it was to much pressure for a dog not to come into a tree with the handlers there with the other dogs. In my opinion and everyone else that I know, the dog should be deleted.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 02-21-2019 03:01 AM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by joey
Richards ramblings always side track me. To the point of the OP the rules were made to circle the points because they felt it was to much pressure for a dog not to come into a tree with the handlers there with the other dogs. In my opinion and everyone else that I know, the dog should be deleted.

Good we all seem to agree even Richard doesn't seem to mind points being deleted. Now we will wait and see if it can get on the ballot and actually passed.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 02-21-2019 04:31 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thomasg
UKC Forum Member

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce m. Conkey
Think your asking why their points would be deleted according to rule 5b instead of being minused like most feel they should. First of all these rules have several that are outdated like this one. Back in tbe late sixties early 70s when I was learning everything I could about coon hinting and UKC rules. It was easy. I didnt learn a rule and not know why is was wrote the way it was. They were wrote for the style of dogs that were hunted then. That style was a natural pack hound. Because of the strong pack nature of the hounds two rules protected them. One is 5b which lets a dog escape with circle if it comes to the tree after cast gets there. No one felt dogs could stand thr pressure of treeing hounds and handlers talking and making noise at the tree. Same reason the squalling rule stayed around as long as it did and many were scratched for an inadvertant squall. The newer hunters had no clue why the rule was there but saw it as a scratchable offence and many have been put out of a cast because of it. Our dogs have changed and it intent if several rules dont fairly judge the dogs being bred today.
bruce it is more the equipment now days than the breeding that have changed score card dogs we see in the hunts now days ,the garmin and e collar . why a dog that trees alone and is 4th dog to get treed gets 125 tree points is a joke .last dog. to tree a coon should get only 25 .points.

Old Post 02-21-2019 09:05 AM
thomasg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thomasg Click here to Send thomasg a Private Message Click Here to Email thomasg Find more posts by thomasg Add thomasg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thomasg
UKC Forum Member

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce m. Conkey
Think your asking why their points would be deleted according to rule 5b instead of being minused like most feel they should. First of all these rules have several that are outdated like this one. Back in tbe late sixties early 70s when I was learning everything I could about coon hinting and UKC rules. It was easy. I didnt learn a rule and not know why is was wrote the way it was. They were wrote for the style of dogs that were hunted then. That style was a natural pack hound. Because of the strong pack nature of the hounds two rules protected them. One is 5b which lets a dog escape with circle if it comes to the tree after cast gets there. No one felt dogs could stand thr pressure of treeing hounds and handlers talking and making noise at the tree. Same reason the squalling rule stayed around as long as it did and many were scratched for an inadvertant squall. The newer hunters had no clue why the rule was there but saw it as a scratchable offence and many have been put out of a cast because of it. Our dogs have changed and it intent if several rules dont fairly judge the dogs being bred today.
bruce it is more the equipment now days than the breeding that have changed score card dogs we see in the hunts now days ,the garmin and e collar . why a dog that trees alone and is 4th dog to get treed gets 125 tree points is a joke .last dog. to tree a coon should get only 25 .points.

Old Post 02-21-2019 09:05 AM
thomasg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thomasg Click here to Send thomasg a Private Message Click Here to Email thomasg Find more posts by thomasg Add thomasg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thomasg
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by thomasg
my kind of hound is a dog that can beat the rest of the pack to the tree first or tree 2 behind the the lone deep dog .the leash lock rule is what i would like to see done away with .

Old Post 02-21-2019 09:13 AM
mhardy
UKC Forum Member

quote:
this man has the right idea.

Old Post 02-21-2019 02:07 PM
mhardy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mhardy Click here to Send mhardy a Private Message Click Here to Email mhardy Find more posts by mhardy Add mhardy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: .

quote:
my kind of hound is a dog that can beat the rest of the pack to the tree first or tree 2 behind the the lone deep dog .the leash lock rule is what i would like to see done away with .

That’s the kind of dog I like...

Old Post 02-21-2019 05:30 PM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dogwhisper
UKC Forum Member

quote:
why a dog that trees alone and is 4th dog to get treed gets 125 tree points is a joke .last dog. to tree a coon should get only 25 .points.
Even if it's split?....

Old Post 02-22-2019 12:29 AM
Dogwhisper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dogwhisper Click here to Send Dogwhisper a Private Message Find more posts by Dogwhisper Add Dogwhisper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Re: Re: Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Dogwhisper
Even if it's split?....

Scratching my head...

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 02-22-2019 05:31 AM
Stan Ferrell
UKC Forum Member

I am still amazed people still think strike points are real and deserved.

Old Post 02-22-2019 11:02 AM
Stan Ferrell is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stan Ferrell Click here to Send Stan Ferrell a Private Message Find more posts by Stan Ferrell Add Stan Ferrell to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dogwhisper
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
Scratching my head...

ooops I miss read the post.

Old Post 02-22-2019 10:37 PM
Dogwhisper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dogwhisper Click here to Send Dogwhisper a Private Message Find more posts by Dogwhisper Add Dogwhisper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sgraves
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Stan Ferrell
I am still amazed people still think strike points are real and deserved.
Yes sir, I feel the same way. Change all the rules , the chiteater will still come an play.

Old Post 02-24-2019 01:52 PM
Sgraves is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sgraves Click here to Send Sgraves a Private Message Click Here to Email Sgraves Find more posts by Sgraves Add Sgraves to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote