UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Boots/Chaps
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ClayBottom11
UKC Forum Member

Boots/Chaps

I’ve held onto to my muckmasters as long as I can and they are flat done. Can’t find many vendors carrying them.. I’ve seen the Dans frogger boots, the Bekinas, the Quatro.. haven’t worn any of them. If you have a pair that you like give me some feedback on here. Appreciate it!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-17-2019 08:47 PM
ClayBottom11 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ClayBottom11 Click here to Send ClayBottom11 a Private Message Find more posts by ClayBottom11 Add ClayBottom11 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
snaggles
UKC Forum Member

I wear both bakina and quatro. I do not have any complaints about eathier of them got great life out of both. the bakina is definantly a lighter weight boot than any

Old Post 02-17-2019 09:32 PM
snaggles is offline Click Here to See the Profile for snaggles Click here to Send snaggles a Private Message Click Here to Email snaggles Find more posts by snaggles Add snaggles to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John B.Dalton
UKC Forum Member

The froggers are the most comfortable and the bekinas will last the longest..I see you are from central va..We have both in stock and usually at a major event about every weekend and live in southern va.

Old Post 02-17-2019 10:51 PM
John B.Dalton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John B.Dalton Click here to Send John B.Dalton a Private Message Visit John B.Dalton's homepage! Find more posts by John B.Dalton Add John B.Dalton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LSO1103
UKC Forum Member

I’ve had about every combo there is and it’s hard to beat Quattro with Badlands chaps. They have lasted me longer than any other.

Old Post 02-17-2019 11:31 PM
LSO1103 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for LSO1103 Click here to Send LSO1103 a Private Message Click Here to Email LSO1103 Find more posts by LSO1103 Add LSO1103 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
POTOMAC
UKC Forum Member

Quattros for me they have outlasted the chaps 2-1 the bekinas are light I had a pair wore one night would have given them away,if you have any arch at all in your foot you will hate them and everyone I know that has them saod there feet freeze in them well uncomfortable and cold feet I'm out ! They say get a pair of Bama slip on socks well if I pay what the bekina boots and chaps cost I'm not buying a pair of slip one to be warm and still will kill your feet if you have an arch if your flat footed you might like them I have heard good things about the dans but have not tried them yet I always wore mucks are Grubbs years ago and also had lacrosse all decent boots but puncture to easy in my country have also heard good on the mojo boots , there is so many to choose from I just decided if I can get a year out of them I have done well and they are shot in that time good luck

Old Post 02-19-2019 08:29 PM
POTOMAC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for POTOMAC Click here to Send POTOMAC a Private Message Find more posts by POTOMAC Add POTOMAC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Night cry
UKC Forum Member

Quattro !!!

All the way for me fits like a shoe and wears like a boot !! Can’t beat them I’m on my 2nd year with mine and use them to trap and hunt I’ve been very happy with mine !!! Comfort warmth and durable with a good style cleat on bottom for traction !!!

FUELED BY SHOWTIME DOG FOOD !!!

Old Post 02-19-2019 09:41 PM
Night cry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Night cry Click here to Send Night cry a Private Message Click Here to Email Night cry Find more posts by Night cry Add Night cry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Creason
UKC Forum Member

Dans

I have been impressed with my Dans chaps and the Dans Frogger boot combo.

Old Post 02-19-2019 10:05 PM
Creason is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Creason Click here to Send Creason a Private Message Find more posts by Creason Add Creason to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
arkansas cooner
UKC Forum Member

By far the lightest and most durable boot with the most grip is the Bekina boots with Yoder Super Chaps

Old Post 02-19-2019 11:49 PM
arkansas cooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for arkansas cooner Click here to Send arkansas cooner a Private Message Click Here to Email arkansas cooner Find more posts by arkansas cooner Add arkansas cooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ClayBottom11
UKC Forum Member

I ended up going with the Dan's.. they are comfortable and we'll see how long they'll last. Didn't get to try on the Bekinas . .the Dan's just felt like there was more boot there than the Quatros but most likely because they are insulated. The Muck's must be going to the wayside.. Thanks for the opinions!

Old Post 02-20-2019 12:15 PM
ClayBottom11 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ClayBottom11 Click here to Send ClayBottom11 a Private Message Find more posts by ClayBottom11 Add ClayBottom11 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Will Walker
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by John B.Dalton
The froggers are the most comfortable and the bekinas will last the longest..I see you are from central va..We have both in stock and usually at a major event about every weekend and live in southern va.
The Froggers are also warm and way better ankle support. Your feet will freeze in the Bekinas, dont believe the temps on the box, it gets down to 20 degrees youll be headed home with cold feet in Bekinas. Im speaking from experience.

Old Post 02-20-2019 05:01 PM
Will Walker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Will Walker Click here to Send Will Walker a Private Message Click Here to Email Will Walker Find more posts by Will Walker Add Will Walker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
buchcoonhunter
UKC Forum Member

BOOTS/CHAPS

DANS frogger boots by far the best you will get on your feet. Most comfortable boot i've ever had.

Old Post 02-21-2019 02:25 PM
buchcoonhunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for buchcoonhunter Click here to Send buchcoonhunter a Private Message Click Here to Email buchcoonhunter Find more posts by buchcoonhunter Add buchcoonhunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Briar Creek
UKC Forum Member

Quatro's/Dans

I just switched from the quatro to the frogger boot. I sell both and do like both. Quatro boots are a little heavy but are a very good boot for durability. I have only been wearing the frogger for a month now but absolutely love it. Very comfortable and seems to have better traction than the quartro. I cannot speak to durability yet but so far so good. I have a high arch and the bekina boot would not work for me. I tried a pair on and could not stand them.

Old Post 02-21-2019 08:18 PM
Briar Creek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Briar Creek Click here to Send Briar Creek a Private Message Find more posts by Briar Creek Add Briar Creek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ClayBottom11
UKC Forum Member

Hunted in the Dans two nights so far, no complaints. Might be warm in the summer but all of them are that time of year.

Old Post 02-22-2019 12:46 PM
johnny reb
UKC Forum Member

If you have been satisfied with the mucks that is what I would get. The Bekinas seem to be a pretty durable boot that are not heavy. The downside to me and has been mentioned on this thread is they are not comfortable on my feet. It may be like someone mentioned that if you have a high arch they will be uncomfortable. I spent another $50-$60.00 and got some super feet insoles and put in mine which has helped.

Old Post 02-22-2019 01:38 PM
johnny reb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnny reb Click here to Send johnny reb a Private Message Click Here to Email johnny reb Find more posts by johnny reb Add johnny reb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

Get whatever fits your foot . Try em all . What fits your foot may not fit mine. but whatever you do , do yourself a favor and get boots hair big and invest in you a couple pairs of Bama Socks !!!! you wont be sorry.
I have a narrow foot and dont have high arch so The bekina's are my choice. Plus they are handsdown the toughest boot out there ( lots of rocks here ) and they just so happen to fit my foot perfect. If i couldnt wear bekinas i'd prob just slip on a pair of croc's or tenni shoes ... i wouldnt have all the other china made rubber boots as a gift.

Old Post 02-22-2019 06:32 PM
Toad Hill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toad Hill Click here to Send Toad Hill a Private Message Find more posts by Toad Hill Add Toad Hill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
critter
UKC Forum Member

froggers

Ive heard the Froggers don't hold up. Any comments?

Last edited by critter on 02-24-2019 at 04:24 PM

Old Post 02-23-2019 04:00 PM
critter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for critter Click here to Send critter a Private Message Click Here to Email critter Find more posts by critter Add critter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
critter
UKC Forum Member

froggers

Old Post 02-23-2019 04:00 PM
critter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for critter Click here to Send critter a Private Message Click Here to Email critter Find more posts by critter Add critter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John B.Dalton
UKC Forum Member

Re: froggers

quote:
Originally posted by critter

Cant speak for every pair ever sold but we have sold several hundred pair and have had very few pair come back and the ones that did were warranted by Dans so from my companies standpoint we have been very satisfied with their performance..new boots hit the market just about weekly and when something comes out that out performs this boot in a insulated one we will probably try it.

Old Post 02-24-2019 11:53 PM
John B.Dalton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John B.Dalton Click here to Send John B.Dalton a Private Message Visit John B.Dalton's homepage! Find more posts by John B.Dalton Add John B.Dalton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Clanc
UKC Forum Member

I’m on my 2nd full season with my Bekina’s, that’s a record for me they are comfortable and durable. Like some of the previous comments they aren’t the best in cold temps.

Old Post 02-25-2019 05:46 PM
Clanc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Clanc Click here to Send Clanc a Private Message Click Here to Email Clanc Find more posts by Clanc Add Clanc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote