UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Help with a Male pup
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
wdingus
UKC Forum Member

Help with a Male pup

I have a young male dog that wont quit trying to breed a female when hunting. I have corrected him for it every time I catch him either with a switch or the garmin but doesn't seem to have completely fixed. If I give him a little juice he will go on and go hunting a little bit but still ends up following the female around after a while. When hunted with other males or alone no problems goes and does his job as well as he can for his experience level. This has happened with several different female none of which were in heat or were in heat recently. Any advice? He is still young so I know he's still learning the ropes but I haven't ever had a male quite as bad a him about it.

Last edited by wdingus on 11-08-2018 at 01:45 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-08-2018 01:41 PM
wdingus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wdingus Click here to Send wdingus a Private Message Click Here to Email wdingus Find more posts by wdingus Add wdingus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Don't hunt him with no females for a while. He will grow out of it usually about 13 months old they quit it give him long enough to get it off his mind. If it don't stop find Sombody that has a female that's a salt water crock about it put him in the pen with her about a week she will stop it.

Tar

Old Post 11-08-2018 01:52 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

May have to cut his brains out before he uses them. LOL

Old Post 11-08-2018 05:29 PM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote