UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > edwardfasteddy
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
DMG_3
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by edwardfasteddy
He reproduced and he has the percentages to prove it,

This is the Quote I'm talking about that you made, If your talking about in the back of the Coonhound Bloodlines and using that, you are from another Galaxy.. Or If your saying Rattler reproduced better then Flag when Flag had 900 pups and 50 Gr. Nites and over a 100 Nite Champions back when the hunts had to be 80 or 100 miles apart or UKC would not give you a hunt permit and had between 40 and 90 dogs at a average hunt and not near as many hunts neither. Rattler would have had to have double that amount to be equal to him at the time his pups were hunted, every buddy knows that..... Rattler may have reproduced a few dogs, just average at best, not a dog to get on here and just blow and blow on how he reproduced because its just not there, Percentages or nothing, I just don't see what your basing it on, your trying to hang on to something that is just not there. Put That In Your Pipe and Smoke it........ I can't even laugh after that!

Very interesting!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-20-2018 10:23 PM
DMG_3 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DMG_3 Click here to Send DMG_3 a Private Message Find more posts by DMG_3 Add DMG_3 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
edwardfasteddy
UKC Forum Member

That picture of River Bend Flag II Came out of Fasteddys Archives, and a lot more to come, If I can get droopy-dog to post them. HEHEHE!!!!

Old Post 03-20-2018 10:33 PM
edwardfasteddy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for edwardfasteddy Click Here to Email edwardfasteddy Find more posts by edwardfasteddy Add edwardfasteddy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
edwardfasteddy
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by droopy_dog2004

Look at how short his ears, heck he don't even look like a hound....

Old Post 03-20-2018 10:38 PM
edwardfasteddy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for edwardfasteddy Click Here to Email edwardfasteddy Find more posts by edwardfasteddy Add edwardfasteddy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MARK RISINGER
UKC Forum Member

Good looking hound. He looks a lot like Spring Creek Rock pups.

Old Post 03-20-2018 10:51 PM
MARK RISINGER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MARK RISINGER Click here to Send MARK RISINGER a Private Message Click Here to Email MARK RISINGER Find more posts by MARK RISINGER Add MARK RISINGER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

Mr Hutzel, flag had 1491 pups but imo he still reproduced very well.

And
Partners on a few common trashy young dogs

Gone but not forgotten

GrNtCh, PKC Ch Hillbilly Bildo
Pr Broken Oaks Wild Blue Gypsy

Old Post 03-20-2018 11:00 PM
novicane65 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for novicane65 Click here to Send novicane65 a Private Message Click Here to Email novicane65 Find more posts by novicane65 Add novicane65 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
droopy_dog2004
UKC Forum Member

Re: Dillon Orr

Photo credits go to Ed Hutzel aka edwardfasteddy, over the past week we have been in touch and he’s been sharing lots of old hound pictures he’s got archived. Ed is very knowledgeable and has a ball ruffling yalls feathers up. Im really enjoying this thread and as long as I keep getting pictures from Ed I’ll be more than happy to share them with y’all! I’ve learned a lot talking to Ed and one this is for sure, he is very knowledgeable and will surely run the minutes up on your phone bill! Haha!

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
Thanks for posting these pictures, they bring me back to my younger days. Good memories! Dave

--828-403-1294--

CREEK BEND KENNELS
--------Home Of--------

River Bend Top Shot
(River Bend Shot x Dark Corners Diamond)
Creek Bend Ann
(River Bend Switch x River Bend Annie)

Frozen Semen
-Nitech Maul-N-Wedge Chip
-River Bend Top Shot
-Nitech Wolf Lake Flag
-Grnitech River Bend Switch
-Ch Grnitech River Bend Shot

Facebook Page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/645050609899208/?ref=share

Old Post 03-20-2018 11:09 PM
droopy_dog2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for droopy_dog2004 Click here to Send droopy_dog2004 a Private Message Click Here to Email droopy_dog2004 Visit droopy_dog2004's homepage! Find more posts by droopy_dog2004 Add droopy_dog2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Dillon and Ed

Many thanks to both of you for the pictures and history. Keep it coming I really enjoy looking and reading the info on this post. Dave. P.S. I would not mind having a dog that looked as good as Flag. Lol. Dave

Old Post 03-20-2018 11:20 PM
Dave Richards is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
edwardfasteddy
UKC Forum Member

UKC Forum Member

Mr Hutzel, flag had 1491 pups but imo he still reproduced very well.

Ya, But there was only about 900 or 1000 permanently registered. That is the number you have to use when you figure up his percentage's.. 15% is Flags, Lipper had 5 times that many pups, for him to reproduce as good as Flag he would have had to have 500 Nite Champions and 250 Gr. Nite Champions, total of 750 titled dogs, HE WAS only half the reproducer Flag was at a time when there was twice as many hunts. FASTEDDY!!!!

Old Post 03-20-2018 11:27 PM
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

Oh I agree on that. But honestly I still can't figure out why hardly no one has kept the line going really. His offspring reproduced, but I also agree that not many were show champs. Mine isn't what I call a good looker. But I'm more about performance than looks. And I prefer an open spotted dog vs a blanket back. But I really don't care what or how they look as long as there's eyes when it parks.

And
Partners on a few common trashy young dogs

Gone but not forgotten

GrNtCh, PKC Ch Hillbilly Bildo
Pr Broken Oaks Wild Blue Gypsy

Old Post 03-20-2018 11:37 PM
novicane65 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for novicane65 Click here to Send novicane65 a Private Message Click Here to Email novicane65 Find more posts by novicane65 Add novicane65 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Fasteddy, I know you must have talked to Mr. Spencer plenty of times. He has a saying about looks vs ability your might want to share.

Old Post 03-20-2018 11:42 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
elvis
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by edwardfasteddy
Back in the day, I was always looking at Pac-Man and after hunting with him, I figured if I got a dog off Pac that was half as good as him, I would be tickled to death. He had it all, Drifted a bad track like no other and could run it faster then any dog I had ever seen run a red hot corn field chase. On a hot coon he didn't run it to catch, he did catch a high percentage of them, as far as treeing, Well when Pac hit the Hardwood it sounded like he was being Shocked, Beat, and Red Hot poured down his back all at the same time, and he had the meat! A average dog that was worked on with a Tri tronics would her him treeing and thought he was being shocked or was in a trap and was afraid to go close to him, that is the kind of tree dog he was, Don't listen to half these coonhunters on what kind of dog he was, Pac was in more hunts then any 10 dogs, and was NEVER scratched for fighting.. Remember these are the FACTS.. HEHEHEHEHE!!!LOL!!

one thing for sure they didn't hide pac. I think he was in the top 20 of 11 world hunts. that's almost unbelievable.
I got to hunt with him but did not hunt or handle for russ at the time. I liked him a lot.
pac is down the list a few spots on russels all time favorites but id say pac did the most winning.

Old Post 03-20-2018 11:44 PM
elvis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for elvis Click here to Send elvis a Private Message Find more posts by elvis Add elvis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
droopy_dog2004
UKC Forum Member

Ch Grnitech River Bend Flag
UKC No. H591,513
Date of Birth 05/28/1975
Owner of sire Kent W Spencer
Owner of dam Dallas D Rouse

Total pups 1491
Degrees
NC 114
GN 40
SC 25
GS 7

Picture out of my personal archive!

--828-403-1294--

CREEK BEND KENNELS
--------Home Of--------

River Bend Top Shot
(River Bend Shot x Dark Corners Diamond)
Creek Bend Ann
(River Bend Switch x River Bend Annie)

Frozen Semen
-Nitech Maul-N-Wedge Chip
-River Bend Top Shot
-Nitech Wolf Lake Flag
-Grnitech River Bend Switch
-Ch Grnitech River Bend Shot

Facebook Page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/645050609899208/?ref=share

Old Post 03-20-2018 11:50 PM
droopy_dog2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for droopy_dog2004 Click here to Send droopy_dog2004 a Private Message Click Here to Email droopy_dog2004 Visit droopy_dog2004's homepage! Find more posts by droopy_dog2004 Add droopy_dog2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Grntch yadkin tar rattler

Grntchs 39
Ntchs 84
Shch 27
Grsch 19

1,132 pups

Last edited by yadkintar on 03-21-2018 at 12:08 AM

Old Post 03-20-2018 11:55 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar and fasteddy

Looks like both dogs were reproduces, like many others from that line of dogs. I would say they were all needed to reproduce. IMO. DAVE

Old Post 03-21-2018 12:24 AM
Dave Richards is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

As David Allen Coe once said, this is the perfect thread but you left out,
Lipper, Thyroids and Dopping.
Lipper is still in more demand than all above, his last litter 2 years ago brought $5000 per pup, that’s Real Money.
Thyroids is as real today as it was back-n-the-Day.
Dopping did not cause Thyroid problems.
Having better percentages with 1000 pups verses 5100 pups is like the popular vote verses the electoral vote, in the real life dog world the Poplar vote Wins, But on paper the electoral wins!

Old Post 03-21-2018 03:12 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

You left out the German Shepard on the hill Tim lol.

He was a good reproducer

Tar

Old Post 03-21-2018 03:18 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
You left out the German Shepard on the hill Tim lol.

He was a good reproducer

Tar

That falls under Dopping, Dopping or O shep never affected the poplar vote.

Old Post 03-21-2018 03:27 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Some politicians could feed a hog a ham sandwich and they are popular for it.

Bill Clinton quote : I did not have sex with that woman ............. On wendsdays lol.

Tar

Old Post 03-21-2018 03:34 PM
edwardfasteddy
UKC Forum Member

I know Lipper had over 5000 pups, but lets just use 1000 pups to take a look at this 7.5 % of reproduction that was calculated by UKCs PUPS AND DEGREES (PAD) that is in the back of the Coonhound Bloodlines Magazine. ( 7.5% of 1000 pups is 75 dogs with titles) 1000 pups minus 75 pups equals 925 pups that are not titled? At 7 pups per litter average the titled ones came out of 7 and half litters. The 925 pups that are left divided by 7 pups per litter is 132 litters with No titled dogs in them, this is with some of the top females in the country being bred to him. Now when you bred a female with frozen semen that is not a proven cross and no way could be because the proven females would be deceased , what would be the odds of getting a winner out of a dog like that? I'm just using the facts that are given to us by UKCs PAD. With 5000 pups that would be 75 titled dogs in every 1000 pups or 375 titled dogs in 5000 pups. 53 litters had titled dogs and 660 litters did not. You can look at it anyway you want but 7.5% reproduction equals the above... (( $5,000 a for a pup, You can buy a truck load of good dogs for 5,000, My question is, who buys these pups, Who trains these pups, were are these pups now, They need to take one of them down and let Dustin Weed, handler of Full Throttle Milt Down, look at it and I'll let him tell me what he thought of it.......

Old Post 03-21-2018 04:41 PM
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

LMBO, The poplar vote (5127) speaks for it self.

Old Post 03-21-2018 04:45 PM
Charles Pullen
UKC Forum Member

Back in the day I've heard a couple of old timers at the clubs say " You can breed ole Flag to a poodle and get coondogs " ! Had a couple dogs myself that had Flag in their pedigree and was well balanced hounds . I believe Flag was probably the most dominant stud in any breed .

Old Post 03-21-2018 05:06 PM
Charles Pullen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Charles Pullen Click here to Send Charles Pullen a Private Message Click Here to Email Charles Pullen Find more posts by Charles Pullen Add Charles Pullen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by nitehunter2004
LMBO, The poplar vote (5127) speaks for it self.

Only time I ever felt popular was when I got my picture took winning a hunt !! By Edwards figures the main time a lipper dog got its picture took was by other lipper dog owners !!!

Tar

Old Post 03-21-2018 05:34 PM
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Only time I ever felt popular was when I got my picture took winning a hunt !! By Edwards figures the main time a lipper dog got its picture took was by other lipper dog owners !!!

Tar

O Tom and Big Mac still get there pictures took every week when they walk in the bank, O fasteeeeeedddddyyyy knows how that fills, that’s where that HeeeeeEeeeeHaaa comes from, see O slick here was a dog jockey (a smart one) he did his homework and said HeeeeeEeeeeeHaH every time some poor fool drove off with a head full of Hear Say Knowledge an one of them world beaters. Heeeeeee!

Last edited by nitehunter2004 on 03-21-2018 at 05:55 PM

Old Post 03-21-2018 05:50 PM
edwardfasteddy
UKC Forum Member

I will agree with all of you guys that if you want to make money get a lipper breeding and sell the pups and make the big bucks, It's easy and anyone can do it... You don't even need to know anything about dogs or breeding dogs and you will be dealing with customer's or hunters in the same boat your in. Can you understand what I'm saying? Now when your looking at these Wipeout dogs and these guys are listening to THESE hunters and the rumors about them and end up buying one and they can't get it do anything and if they do get it started they can't get it to tree, good example of the dog being smarter then the hunter, REAL GOOD EXAMPLE! And by the way these Wipeout dogs are a prime examples of off spring of RIVER BEND FLAG, To take them, train them, make money with them, talk to hunters that GET IT, is not easy, I like the challenge, I don't like to take money off some pour soul that don't know any better... FASTEDDY.....

Old Post 03-21-2018 06:23 PM
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

LMBO, you left out the HeHeHeHeHe part.

Old Post 03-21-2018 06:29 PM