UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > pup sick everytime hauled
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
buchcoonhunter
UKC Forum Member

pup sick everytime hauled

I have a 7 month old pup that i've been hauling in the box for a while and make a couple drops with the old dogs. Everytime you haul her far she gets sick, drools, pukes. She is showing no improvement and will not travel with the dogs when hauled far. If hauled a short distance she will go on with the dogs. Has anyone had one that got sick that much hauling in the dog box?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-21-2018 08:28 PM
buchcoonhunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for buchcoonhunter Click here to Send buchcoonhunter a Private Message Click Here to Email buchcoonhunter Find more posts by buchcoonhunter Add buchcoonhunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lking
UKC Forum Member

ginger

Try a few ginger snaps. They actually make a ginger treat for dogs.
Settles the stomach.

Old Post 03-21-2018 09:12 PM
lking is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lking Click here to Send lking a Private Message Click Here to Email lking Find more posts by lking Add lking to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LMBEDDINGFIELD
UKC Forum Member

Claustrophobic

yep she was claustrophobic - had to haul her in an open crate or in the floor board of the truck .. she would even get sick in the back of my Yukon... she finally out grew it

shanelisa@bellsouth.net

GrCh Pr Melrose Mtn Lead Me Home "Mercy"
2020 Autumn Oaks National Grand Black and Tan
2019 Autumn Oaks National Grand Black and Tan
2017 Black and Tan Days Queen of Show
2017 World Champion Black & Tan Female
2018 Ch of Ch Female Grand American
2019 Ch of Ch Female Winter Classic
2019 Georgia State Show Champion
2020 SC State Queen of Show

Ch Melrose Mtn Diamond in the Rough "Coal"
2019 NC State Best Male of Show
2019 Autumn Oaks Best Male of Show
2019 World Champion B&T Male
2020 SC State Show Champion
2020 Autumn Oaks Champion B&T Male
2020 World Ch Black and Tan Male
2020 World Show Overall Opposite Sex
2020 Purina Nationals Black and Tan Winner

UKC and AKC GrCH Melrose Mtn Hint of Jasmine
2015 Southern English Days BFOS
2017 Southern English Days Ch Female
2018 Southern English Days GrCh Female
2015 Autumn Oaks BFOS
2016 English Day Champion Female and Overall Queen of Show
2018 Autumn Oaks Overall Opposite Sex National Grand
2020 World Champion English Female

UKC GrCh AKC GRCH Melrose Mtn This is My Town (T-Roy) Plott
2015 UKC NC State Opposite Sex Winner
2013 UKC Saluda Coondog Days Gr Male and King of Show
2013 UKC NPHA Plott Days Overall King of Show
2015 National Grand Plott
2018 National Grand Opposite Sex Plott

In Loving Memory
GrCh Melrose Mtn Lil Bit of Beau - "Tucker" 8-28-2006 to 1-21-2011
Ch Melrose Mtn Sugar and Spice "Sugar" 11-17-2011 to 4-6-2014

GrCh Melrose Mtn Amazing Gracie
8-28-2006 to 8-25-2019

GrCh Melrose Mtn Lily
8-26-2004 to 9-4-2019

Yesterday is History
Tomorrow is a Mystery
Today is a Gift
That's why we call it
"The Present"

Old Post 03-21-2018 09:20 PM
LMBEDDINGFIELD is offline Click Here to See the Profile for LMBEDDINGFIELD Click here to Send LMBEDDINGFIELD a Private Message Click Here to Email LMBEDDINGFIELD Find more posts by LMBEDDINGFIELD Add LMBEDDINGFIELD to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

Keep her on the outside of the box and see how she does. I know when I'm sick to my stomach I dont want to do anything.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 03-21-2018 09:37 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
buchcoonhunter
UKC Forum Member

SICK pup

Mike,

i was thinking maybe she was lazy, then i thought, when i haul her close by to turn lose she has went as far as 1/2 mile with older dog so must be something to do with this nausea from riding. I may treat her with some antivert and see if that helps as well.

Thanks

Old Post 03-21-2018 09:55 PM
buchcoonhunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for buchcoonhunter Click here to Send buchcoonhunter a Private Message Click Here to Email buchcoonhunter Find more posts by buchcoonhunter Add buchcoonhunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

How do you drive? Around here I can get to going pretty fast down some of these rough back roads. I've noticed that can make a pup sick too.

Home Of:

Old Post 03-21-2018 10:03 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
buchcoonhunter
UKC Forum Member

curves

We live in a very mountainous area, roads are all curves, one right after the other. But I've never had any issues like this with any other dog or puppy.

Old Post 03-21-2018 10:29 PM
joey
UKC Forum Member

Try hauling her outside so she can see and get a little more air. It should help until she gets used to it.

Home Of:

Old Post 03-21-2018 10:53 PM
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

If your dog has serious symptoms of motion sickness, medication such as dimenhydrinate (Dramamine) may be helpful. Dimenhydrinate is an antihistamine and antiemetic (a drug that stops vomiting). Though not approved by FDA for use in veterinary medicine, it is commonly prescribed by veterinarians to lessen the symptoms of car sickness in dogs.

I have used this. I had a pup that got sick every time I hauled her. I got a box of Dramamine (for humans) it worked, cut the pills up. Worked for me, but you make up your own mind.

Old Post 03-22-2018 12:15 AM
Bob Hennessey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bob Hennessey Click here to Send Bob Hennessey a Private Message Find more posts by Bob Hennessey Add Bob Hennessey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
roco7452
UKC Forum Member

motion sickness

Benadyrl.

Old Post 03-22-2018 03:52 AM
roco7452 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for roco7452 Click here to Send roco7452 a Private Message Click Here to Email roco7452 Find more posts by roco7452 Add roco7452 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

The only problem with Dramamine or Benadyrl is it can make them pretty sleepy.

Home Of:

Old Post 03-22-2018 05:09 AM
H. L. Meyer
UKC Forum Member

had one just like it

I had a dog, we ended up with having good luck with, that we hauled for almost 2 years that would drool and get sick every time i put him in the dog box tried everything to stop it but the only thing we did was not feed him the night before a trip which helped a little. BUT time will cure that or it did for us and we wore out a truck hauling him around the country.

Old Post 03-22-2018 01:41 PM
H. L. Meyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for H. L. Meyer Click here to Send H. L. Meyer a Private Message Click Here to Email H. L. Meyer Find more posts by H. L. Meyer Add H. L. Meyer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ItsOlMander
UKC Forum Member

motion sickness is caused by their equilibrium net being able to get its bearings- it would help if they can see out. kind of like being on a boat and getting sea sick- you need to keep an eye on the horizon to right yourself, worst thing you can do is go downstairs where you're closed in. i know its usually worse at night as well since it makes it that much harder for them to see their surroundings. try an open dog box (such as a crate) or hauling tied in the bed with no box to see if that helps. my best friends german shepherd is 3-4yo and still gets as sick as a little puppy in a car- she uses Dramamine (gives one night before the trip, and 15-20 min before she leaves out) when she goes on longer trips and no food or water after the nite before the trip. but shes also knocked out for most of the driving after that so, that probably wouldn't help while you're trying to hunt

- In Loving Memory of -
DEEP SPRINGS BLACK MAX
&
LEVIS SOUTHERN BLUE DOC

Old Post 03-22-2018 02:40 PM
ItsOlMander is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ItsOlMander Click here to Send ItsOlMander a Private Message Find more posts by ItsOlMander Add ItsOlMander to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oklared
UKC Forum Member

KEEP HAULING , SHE'LL GET OVER IT

HOME OF 2010 HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE, DUAL CH Y2KD, #7 REPRODUCING RED FEMALE
NT.Ch. WINNER AT REDBONE SEC. 2008
3RD PL. NT.CH. 2009 BATTLE OF BREEDS AT ADA OKLA.
4TH PLACE R.Q.E 2010
2ND PLACE OVERALL AT ZONE 4 AND DOUBLE CAST WINNER 2010
WENT TO 2010 WORLD HUNT
AMERICAN REDBONE ASSOCIATION HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE OF THE 2010 WORLD HUNT
OVERALL HI SCOREING DOG AT 2010 BBCHA BLUE TIC SECTIONAL
GR.NT.CH. AT 12 and A HALF
MADE-EM SEE RED

Old Post 03-22-2018 03:06 PM
oklared is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oklared Click here to Send oklared a Private Message Click Here to Email oklared Find more posts by oklared Add oklared to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dan Dogs
UKC Forum Member

buy a bottle of real lemon juice and squirt some in the pups mouth before you load it in the box.

- Gr. CH Nite Ch. Hickory Nut Dan II
- CH. Gr. Nite Ch. Hickory Nut Dan III 2008 Performance Sire
- CH. Gr.Nite Ch. Hickory Nut Dan IV 2004 ukc world hunt finalist
- Ch. Gr.Nite Ch. Mounds Creek Sassy II
- Nite Ch. Hickory Nut Bucky HTX 3 wins towards grnite
- GrCh.GrNtCh Hickory Nut Bawlie HTX
-Nite ch. PR Iowa County CryBaby II 2013 Badger State Hunt Champion
qualified for 2013 UKC World Hunt
CH Nitech She Hate Me (scar) HTX Iowa County Kennels

Old Post 03-22-2018 04:05 PM
Dan Dogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dan Dogs Click here to Send Dan Dogs a Private Message Click Here to Email Dan Dogs Find more posts by Dan Dogs Add Dan Dogs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
georgef072007
Banned

I had one so bad I named her for it

Puke Box Annie, Black & Tan female. Finally started her on Dramamine every time I hauled her for about a month and she got over it. She went on to a a good career in UKC and the breeding pen as well. She turned out quite a few really nice dogs, I don't think any of them ever had that problem though.

'PR' OUTBACK TRASHY LULU

CH GRNTCH 'PR' WRECK IT RALPH (Dead Cat X Outback Trashy LuLu) 2017 UKC World Finalist. 2018 UKC World Hunt Qualified.

CH GRNTCH 'PR' CATS TRASHY TOMCAT (Dead Cat X Outback Trashy LuLu) 2016 , 2017 & 2018 UKC World hunt qualified

'PR' Blue Eyed Pete (Watsons Jackal X Hello Kitty)

'PR' Wipeout Harley (Joinertown Wipeout Zeb 3 X Dark Mtn Crankin Holly)

past home of

GRNTCH 'PR' DEAD CAT

NTCH WCH 'PR' DEAD CATS ECHO

Old Post 03-22-2018 11:22 PM
georgef072007 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for georgef072007 Click here to Send georgef072007 a Private Message Find more posts by georgef072007 Add georgef072007 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
H. L. Meyer
UKC Forum Member

Dan Dogs

How U been doing. Been a long time say 13 years.

Old Post 03-23-2018 06:39 PM
H. L. Meyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for H. L. Meyer Click here to Send H. L. Meyer a Private Message Click Here to Email H. L. Meyer Find more posts by H. L. Meyer Add H. L. Meyer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dan Dogs
UKC Forum Member

doing ok, except for being ran over by a cow Thursday and she stepped on my lower leg as she went over top of me. lol don't think she broke anything but one leg is twice the size of the other.

- Gr. CH Nite Ch. Hickory Nut Dan II
- CH. Gr. Nite Ch. Hickory Nut Dan III 2008 Performance Sire
- CH. Gr.Nite Ch. Hickory Nut Dan IV 2004 ukc world hunt finalist
- Ch. Gr.Nite Ch. Mounds Creek Sassy II
- Nite Ch. Hickory Nut Bucky HTX 3 wins towards grnite
- GrCh.GrNtCh Hickory Nut Bawlie HTX
-Nite ch. PR Iowa County CryBaby II 2013 Badger State Hunt Champion
qualified for 2013 UKC World Hunt
CH Nitech She Hate Me (scar) HTX Iowa County Kennels

Old Post 03-24-2018 03:16 PM
Dan Dogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dan Dogs Click here to Send Dan Dogs a Private Message Click Here to Email Dan Dogs Find more posts by Dan Dogs Add Dan Dogs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kler Kry
UKC Forum Member

Pokie

Sounds like you might be today, Do you need help shoveling snow?

Old Post 03-24-2018 03:55 PM
Kler Kry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kler Kry Click here to Send Kler Kry a Private Message Click Here to Email Kler Kry Find more posts by Kler Kry Add Kler Kry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bluetickgirl208
UKC Forum Member

hmmm

Pukebox Annie...any relation?

Old Post 03-24-2018 11:51 PM
Bluetickgirl208 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bluetickgirl208 Click here to Send Bluetickgirl208 a Private Message Find more posts by Bluetickgirl208 Add Bluetickgirl208 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote