UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Starting a coon hunting club
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
banditchaser
UKC Forum Member

Starting a coon hunting club

I am wanting to start a club in my area any advice or suggestions on how to go about this would be appreciated.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-25-2019 05:08 PM
banditchaser is offline Click Here to See the Profile for banditchaser Click here to Send banditchaser a Private Message Click Here to Email banditchaser Find more posts by banditchaser Add banditchaser to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
STROKIN
UKC Forum Member

You will need several members. Every club will need a master of hounds. And you will have to know how close other clubs are. You will get three hunt dates your first year.
We started one last year and did pretty good. Our best hunts were double headers

Old Post 09-25-2019 08:25 PM
STROKIN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for STROKIN Click here to Send STROKIN a Private Message Click Here to Email STROKIN Find more posts by STROKIN Add STROKIN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shawnstovall
UKC Forum Member

Make sure you have members that will help out. We are lucky at our clubs around here because everyone will jump in and help out when needed.

918-961-2434
Home to:
Pr S&J's Shack's Backwoods Patches (walker)
'PR' Stovall's Black Knight Wild Willy
Past Home to:
dual grand stovall's black knight george (gone but not forgotten)
pr D&S' black little luke (1st and 3rd place wins) (davis black luke x paynes black june) gone but not forgotten
Dual Grand Davis' black hutch (gone but not forgotten)

Old Post 09-26-2019 03:20 PM
shawnstovall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shawnstovall Click here to Send shawnstovall a Private Message Click Here to Email shawnstovall Find more posts by shawnstovall Add shawnstovall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Paul Frederick
UKC Forum Member

Re: Starting a coon hunting club

quote:
Originally posted by banditchaser
I am wanting to start a club in my area any advice or suggestions on how to go about this would be appreciated.

Where are you located in Illinois? There is very likely a club within a reasonable distance of your location.

Old Post 09-26-2019 10:16 PM
Paul Frederick is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Paul Frederick Click here to Send Paul Frederick a Private Message Click Here to Email Paul Frederick Find more posts by Paul Frederick Add Paul Frederick to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fullhouse
Banned

In my experience find out how many people say they will 100 percent no doubt bet on their mothers life that they will help and then cut that number in half on who will actually help.

Old Post 09-26-2019 11:46 PM
fullhouse is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fullhouse Click here to Send fullhouse a Private Message Find more posts by fullhouse Add fullhouse to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Help

Full house, more like 20 percent, 5 out if 25 if you are lucky to have 25 members. I have always said if I could not be a working member, that I would not be a member in name only. I still help out, but don't belong to any club anymore just because I don't have the time to help on a regular basis. A club can not exist if they don't have members that actually work to make the club successful, being a non working member is useless to any club, membership dues do little to help any club. Dave

Old Post 09-27-2019 12:47 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sawyer Hortin
UKC Forum Member

Better check on some insurance, because your going to need it. And get a hold of dnr and get the paper they require posted way ahead of time cause they are slow.

Old Post 09-27-2019 02:22 AM
Sawyer Hortin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sawyer Hortin Click here to Send Sawyer Hortin a Private Message Find more posts by Sawyer Hortin Add Sawyer Hortin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
banditchaser
UKC Forum Member

Sounds like it may be better to find a existing club where can I look to see if there is one near me I am in fulton county il

Old Post 09-27-2019 03:22 AM
banditchaser is offline Click Here to See the Profile for banditchaser Click here to Send banditchaser a Private Message Click Here to Email banditchaser Find more posts by banditchaser Add banditchaser to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mudcreek
UKC Forum Member

local club

There used to be one in Rushville but not sure if it is still there or not.

What part of Fulton Co are you in?

Old Post 09-27-2019 08:42 PM
mudcreek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mudcreek Click here to Send mudcreek a Private Message Visit mudcreek's homepage! Find more posts by mudcreek Add mudcreek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote