UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Oxy-Stud
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Al Medcalf
UKC Forum Member

Oxy-Stud

Qxy-Stud works. Last winter I got a good Leopard male. The fellow that I got him from said that he had bred him 4 times to 3 different females and one of them had 1 pup, the others didn't catch.

I really like this dog and I have a good Leopard female so I wanted to try to get at least one pup out of them. A friend told me about a product called Oxy-Stud that had a lot of good reviews. Some said that males that were previously sterile started throwing pups.

I got my wife to order some and gave it to the male for 3 1/2 months waiting for the female to come in heat. When she came in heat, I left her in his pen for the whole heat cycle. Two weeks ago she had 6 healthy pups and she's an older female.

Just throwing this out there in case someone else needs to try it.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-24-2019 04:25 PM
Al Medcalf is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Al Medcalf Click here to Send Al Medcalf a Private Message Click Here to Email Al Medcalf Find more posts by Al Medcalf Add Al Medcalf to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sgraves
UKC Forum Member

Where do you get it? Have a male that will be 8 in October. Want to have him collected. Sounds like this stuff will build his sperm count up.

Old Post 09-24-2019 04:36 PM
Sgraves is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sgraves Click here to Send Sgraves a Private Message Click Here to Email Sgraves Find more posts by Sgraves Add Sgraves to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

https://www.revivalanimal.com
I think you can find it on Amazon also.

You can't fix STUPID!

Old Post 09-24-2019 04:45 PM
Bob Hennessey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bob Hennessey Click here to Send Bob Hennessey a Private Message Find more posts by Bob Hennessey Add Bob Hennessey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sgraves
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Bob Hennessey

Thank you

Old Post 09-24-2019 04:57 PM
Sgraves is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sgraves Click here to Send Sgraves a Private Message Click Here to Email Sgraves Find more posts by Sgraves Add Sgraves to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Al Medcalf
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Bob Hennessey

Yes, she ordered ours from Revival

Old Post 09-24-2019 04:59 PM
Al Medcalf is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Al Medcalf Click here to Send Al Medcalf a Private Message Click Here to Email Al Medcalf Find more posts by Al Medcalf Add Al Medcalf to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pigsit
UKC Forum Member

Had you had his sperm count checked, if not he might have been adequate all along?

Dual GRNTCH Wendy
GRNTCH Cola
GrNtCH Honky Tonk Rock and Roll
Dual GRCH Bumper
Dual CH June
Dual CH Jill

Old Post 09-24-2019 06:06 PM
pigsit is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pigsit Click here to Send pigsit a Private Message Click Here to Email pigsit Find more posts by pigsit Add pigsit to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

I also have heard from 2 other guys that have had GREAT results from this. I haven't used it for a male BUT I have used OxyMomma for a Whelping female and will definitely be using it again!! Great product!! At first I was hesitant about it just being one of those money making gimmicks .

* GRNTCH PKC CH SMALL TOWN LONE SURVIVOR "LONER" DNA-VIP
(GRNTCH Cabin Creek Rowdy semen X GRNTCH CH Lonesome Dove Lori)
----- Chilled semen available, 463 million total sperm per collection sent - Quality Documented & Guaranteed as of 11-15-23 -----
-English Days 2020 - 3rd place Fri / High Scoring male & 1st place Sat night
-2021 UKC World TOP 100
-2022 TOC Qualified
-2022 UKC World Qualified
-2023 UKC World Qualified
-2023 PKC World Quarter Finalist TOP 105
- For more on Loner, Go listen to Episode #1 on The Coonhound Collective podcast on Spotify.

* GRNTCH CH LONESOME DOVE LORI ( 2018 UKC World top 25 ) World Qualified 3 years straight [ double bred , 2X WLD CH Eng Fem GRNTCH Backroads Rosie ]

* GRNTCH CH SMALL TOWN BINGO STAR DNA-VIP ( 2019 Winter Classic 2nd place ) [ HOF GRNTCH Wilcox Thunder Bingo X Dual Grand Tree Rockin' Nelly ]
(( Star is the Dam to 2021 Southern Eng Days High Scoring Male & Overall Winner ))

- Live breeding doesn't dictate the future success of a puppy any more than a frozen breeding does.

+ I am the Wretch the song refers to

Old Post 09-24-2019 06:45 PM
Toad Hill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toad Hill Click here to Send Toad Hill a Private Message Find more posts by Toad Hill Add Toad Hill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sgraves
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by pigsit
Had you had his sperm count checked, if not he might have been adequate all along?
I have not. Am sure it is though. When I have him collected I want all I can get. He hasn’t bred but a couple females. Am doing this for myself for later on down the road.

Old Post 09-24-2019 07:51 PM
Al Medcalf
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by pigsit

I didn't have him checked. I just went by what his previous owner told me. I knew that he was the one that I wanted to breed my gyp to, so I figured she would either have pups or wouldn't.

Old Post 09-24-2019 08:15 PM
Pat Bizich
Banned

Replying at risk of getting slammed again.

As many know I blame dog food for many problems.
Everyone talks about female heat cycles.....
Well sterility in males can be caused by the same thyroid problems .
Or Lymes disease.
No one never mentioned it I saw before until now.
While researching lack of heat cycles in females the sterility problem was also coming up as an increasing problem among males

Oxy-Stud is basically adding nutrients that your dog needs and not getting from his feed.
It also helps balance those needs .

And yes it works

Gone but never forgotten:
NtChGrCh Dryfork Punkin
NtChGrCh Dryfork Little Blue Baby Doll
2009 Pa Show Dog Of The Year
GrCh Dryfork Little Black Book
Gr.Ch. Make My Day Sunny
Gone too soon RIP my baby girl
Gr.Ch. Black Dog Black Cherry
GrCh Dryfork Black Dog Raine
One of kind and would make a believer out of you when you thought there were no coon left
Home of:
2009,2013,2018 Pa. State
Show Handler Of The Year
CH. Power Pack Pepper
2018 Pa. Show Dog Of Year
Gr.Ch. Batman's Poison Ivy
2011&2013 WTDA Pa State Champion
2011&2013 Overall Hunt For The Cure
Ch. Jay's Greenridge Heidi
In memory of my best friend "Jay"

Last edited by Pat Bizich on 09-24-2019 at 09:18 PM

Old Post 09-24-2019 09:15 PM
Pat Bizich is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pat Bizich Click here to Send Pat Bizich a Private Message Find more posts by Pat Bizich Add Pat Bizich to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
POTOMAC
UKC Forum Member

Tablespoon of wheat germ oil Annan egg a day will do same thing or more

Old Post 09-24-2019 09:44 PM
POTOMAC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for POTOMAC Click here to Send POTOMAC a Private Message Find more posts by POTOMAC Add POTOMAC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Pat Bizich

Thank you for your efforts to inform us, don't worry about any negative comments. There will always be those who refuse to believe the truth, you could post thst sugar is sweet and some would argue that it's not. Don't let a few bad apples cost the rest of us the knowledge you have to share. You are appreciated! Dave

Old Post 09-24-2019 09:48 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

Re: Pat Bizich

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
Thank you for your efforts to inform us, don't worry about any negative comments. There will always be those who refuse to believe the truth, you could post thst sugar is sweet and some would argue that it's not. Don't let a few bad apples cost the rest of us the knowledge you have to share. You are appreciated! Dave

X's 2 !!

----- Chilled semen available, 463 million total sperm per collection sent - Quality Documented & Guaranteed as of 11-15-23 -----
-2021 UKC World TOP 100
-2022 TOC Qualified
- For more on Loner, Go listen to Episode #1 on The Coonhound Collective podcast on Spotify.

* GRNTCH CH LONESOME DOVE LORI ( 2018 UKC World top 25 ) World Qualified 3 years straight [ double bred , 2X WLD CH Eng Fem GRNTCH Backroads Rosie ]

* GRNTCH CH SMALL TOWN BINGO STAR DNA-VIP ( 2019 Winter Classic 2nd place ) [ HOF GRNTCH Wilcox Thunder Bingo X Dual Grand Tree Rockin' Nelly ]
(( Star is the Dam to 2021 Southern Eng Days High Scoring Male & Overall Winner ))

- Live breeding doesn't dictate the future success of a puppy any more than a frozen breeding does.

Old Post 09-25-2019 06:07 PM
Toad Hill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toad Hill Click here to Send Toad Hill a Private Message Find more posts by Toad Hill Add Toad Hill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by POTOMAC
Tablespoon of wheat germ oil Annan egg a day will do same thing or more

Ive heard this as well . Not saying it dont work but i tried it for about 6 months straight didnt help mine at all. Actually tried it on two different males . Do you think i should have done it longer .... u Got me curious now. I had recently decided im no longer wasting my time money and efforts on OLD DOGS !!!

Maybe some of the successful stud owners on here will chime in with some of "their" secrets !?

-2021 UKC World TOP 100
-2022 TOC Qualified

Last edited by Toad Hill on 09-25-2019 at 06:15 PM

Old Post 09-25-2019 06:10 PM
deadeye ruck
UKC Forum Member

The best thing you can do is to have him checked. A count and a look at the morphology of the cells will tell you what he needs or if it's worth trying. Sometimes a dog will produce more than enough sperm per dose but the cells will have morphological issues preventing them from fertilizing eggs.

I'll be the first to say that I am no expert but I am a biologist by trade and have done some research. Most vets will tell you that a single breeding dose is roughly 2 million viable cells but some will attempt a surgical breeding using less, especially in a situation where the frozen or collected semen is poor quality but that is the only choice they have. A typical collection dose of an average, healthy, young male will be roughly a billion cells on average.

There are things you can give him to help increase his count as long as there aren't any other issues. Put them on a high protein high fat diet, 30/20, 28/20, 24/20 of your choice, Purina Pro Plan Sport, Victor, Valu-Pak Free have all done well for me.

Supplement them with wheat germ oil (the old timers are right).

Another option is to give them Glycoflex 3 with Green-lipped mussel. (https://www.amazon.com/VetriScience...t/dp/B002LVTTYE) This is marketed as a joint supplement for geriatric dogs but vet research has shown that this increases sperm count also. You can also include a fish oil supplement like this: https://www.amazon.com/NaturVet-Ome...B00O6FIP9S?th=1

Good luck!

Simon Rucker
(540)-420-1787

GrNiteCh PKC CH 'PR' Candy's Stylish Swag 2014 VA State PKC top 10 and 2022/2023 Super Stakes Sire & 2022 UKC Performance Sire
GrNiteCh PKC CH 'PR' Late Night Backwater Piper
NiteCh PKC CH 'PR' Risky Ruby
'PR' Stylish Poison Neon Moon
'PR' Stylish Poison Pickles

Old Post 09-26-2019 02:53 PM
deadeye ruck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for deadeye ruck Click here to Send deadeye ruck a Private Message Click Here to Email deadeye ruck Find more posts by deadeye ruck Add deadeye ruck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote