UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Thermals
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Night Shift
UKC Forum Member

Thermals

Is it okay to carry in hunts just not to use?

Gr Nt Ch Maniac's Dark Side of the Moon

Last edited by Night Shift on 09-24-2019 at 03:33 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-23-2019 10:00 PM
Night Shift is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Night Shift Click here to Send Night Shift a Private Message Click Here to Email Night Shift Find more posts by Night Shift Add Night Shift to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blaine Stout
UKC Forum Member

Yes

We had this come up and we took it back to moh in the friday night cast. As long as you dont use them or attempt to use them you can carry them on you in the hunt.

Hounds that reside at Cedar Creek Ranch

WALKERS
Ch Grnitech Cedar Creek Paco

ENGLISH
Grch Blackfords C'mon Eileen
Nitech Wanna be a Lunatic

R.I.P
Nitech Cedar Creek Timbers Blu Junior

Old Post 09-23-2019 10:11 PM
Blaine Stout is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blaine Stout Click here to Send Blaine Stout a Private Message Click Here to Email Blaine Stout Find more posts by Blaine Stout Add Blaine Stout to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Night Shift
UKC Forum Member

Re: Yes

quote:
Originally posted by Blaine Stout
We had this come up and we took it back to moh in the friday night cast. As long as you dont use them or attempt to use them you can carry them on you in the hunt.

Good to know I’ll be carrying mine from now on.

Old Post 09-23-2019 10:21 PM
Night Shift is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Night Shift Click here to Send Night Shift a Private Message Click Here to Email Night Shift Find more posts by Night Shift Add Night Shift to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ruttinbuck
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Yes

quote:
Originally posted by Night Shift
Good to know I’ll be carrying mine from now on.

must be they work pretty good ?

Old Post 09-24-2019 01:18 AM
ruttinbuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ruttinbuck Click here to Send ruttinbuck a Private Message Click Here to Email ruttinbuck Find more posts by ruttinbuck Add ruttinbuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
trsizemore
UKC Forum Member

use them

why will someone carry one if they can not use it?

Old Post 09-24-2019 01:42 AM
trsizemore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for trsizemore Click here to Send trsizemore a Private Message Click Here to Email trsizemore Find more posts by trsizemore Add trsizemore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Night Shift
UKC Forum Member

Re: use them

[QUOTE]Originally posted by trsizemore
[B]why will someone carry one if they can not use it? [/B
Do you think if someone was carrying it on them they had intentions on using it?

Old Post 09-24-2019 03:35 AM
J.H. Sills
UKC Forum Member

I never understood why you couldn’t use one to locate the coon and then turn on the headlamp to show it to the rest of the cast.

Old Post 09-24-2019 06:14 AM
J.H. Sills is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J.H. Sills Click here to Send J.H. Sills a Private Message Click Here to Email J.H. Sills Find more posts by J.H. Sills Add J.H. Sills to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Night Shift
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by J.H. Sills
I never understood why you couldn’t use one to locate the coon and then turn on the headlamp to show it to the rest of the cast.
I agree 100% I wish they’d change the rule.

Old Post 09-24-2019 11:21 AM
J.H. Sills
UKC Forum Member

Which one are you using? Does it work well on hot nights?

Old Post 09-24-2019 01:24 PM
J.H. Sills is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J.H. Sills Click here to Send J.H. Sills a Private Message Click Here to Email J.H. Sills Find more posts by J.H. Sills Add J.H. Sills to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
stxcoonhunter
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Night Shift
I agree 100% I wish they’d change the rule.

but then they would see how many empty trees there dog is really making lol

Old Post 09-24-2019 03:04 PM
stxcoonhunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for stxcoonhunter Click here to Send stxcoonhunter a Private Message Click Here to Email stxcoonhunter Find more posts by stxcoonhunter Add stxcoonhunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by stxcoonhunter
but then they would see how many empty trees there dog is really making lol

Or you find coons you normally can't. At the pkc world hunt a few years ago I found several that normally we wouldn't have found. It works both ways though, it'll make you very humble at the same time because you will know within a few minutes if your dog is slick.

And
Partners on a few common trashy young dogs

Gone but not forgotten

GrNtCh, PKC Ch Hillbilly Bildo
Pr Broken Oaks Wild Blue Gypsy

Old Post 09-24-2019 04:44 PM
novicane65 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for novicane65 Click here to Send novicane65 a Private Message Click Here to Email novicane65 Find more posts by novicane65 Add novicane65 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sfox91
UKC Forum Member

Have carried and used mine nearly every cast I’ve ever been in since I owned it. Never used it to “score” a tree but dang they sure help where to look closer at.

Old Post 09-24-2019 04:55 PM
Sfox91 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sfox91 Click here to Send Sfox91 a Private Message Click Here to Email Sfox91 Find more posts by Sfox91 Add Sfox91 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

What brand are you using and what does it cost. I had always heard they didn't work in hot weather. Thanks.

Old Post 09-24-2019 04:58 PM
Preacher Tom is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Night Shift
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Preacher Tom
What brand are you using and what does it cost. I had always heard they didn't work in hot weather. Thanks.

They work you just have to know how to use them. If you cup your hand over the front it’s keeps the tree from being red and still finds the coon. But you pay for what you get

Old Post 09-24-2019 05:21 PM
Sfox91
UKC Forum Member

Mine is a flir, can’t remember the model # but it was around 2 grand. I’ve got a plastic cap with a hole drilled in the end. Works 100% better with that.

Old Post 09-24-2019 06:11 PM
Sfox91 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sfox91 Click here to Send Sfox91 a Private Message Click Here to Email Sfox91 Find more posts by Sfox91 Add Sfox91 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TEnncooner1
UKC Forum Member

Leaves fixing to fall off so you won’t need a thermal your fixing to see what you really got 🤪 I shine all my trees with a cigarette lighter

Old Post 09-24-2019 11:35 PM
TEnncooner1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TEnncooner1 Click here to Send TEnncooner1 a Private Message Click Here to Email TEnncooner1 Find more posts by TEnncooner1 Add TEnncooner1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote