UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Beagles > Starting out in beagle trials
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
KYHoundDawg
UKC Forum Member

Starting out in beagle trials

Decided to see what the beagle competition world is all about. Going to my first ARHA hunt in the morning. It’s a little pack hunt. I’ve competition hunted coon hounds for many years but this seems like a totally new ball game! I was wondering what to expect and what others thoughts are on the different trial types and dogs it takes to win? It’s going to be different just watching and not calling my own dog! Thanks in advance!

PR B&B Docs Buzzed Again

Past Hounds
PR Horsefly Hollow Pepper, passed with a 1st and HTX pass
GRCH NITCH PR Allens Nationwide Suckerpunch HTX
GrCH2 NITCH PR Brockman's Remington Clover HTX

GRCH GRNITCH PKC SCH PR Brockman’s Blue Buzz HTX (semen available)
BBOA
502-417-2086

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-07-2018 08:52 PM
KYHoundDawg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KYHoundDawg Click here to Send KYHoundDawg a Private Message Click Here to Email KYHoundDawg Find more posts by KYHoundDawg Add KYHoundDawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Andy Music
UKC Forum Member

New to trialing as well.

I am new to trialing myself, I entered a dog in a Little Pack hunt for the first time a couple weeks ago. I will go to more as often as I can!
Seem's to me the way the scoring system is favors a good jump dog which is fine by me. Hope you enjoy it, and how did your dog's do?

Old Post 09-12-2018 07:41 PM
Andy Music is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Andy Music Click here to Send Andy Music a Private Message Find more posts by Andy Music Add Andy Music to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KYHoundDawg
UKC Forum Member

It was fun and I’ll do more of them soon. I did learn my dog was outta shape but she had a strike and jump and another strike and two checks. We ran 3 rabbits.

PR B&B Docs Buzzed Again

Past Hounds
PR Horsefly Hollow Pepper, passed with a 1st and HTX pass
GRCH NITCH PR Allens Nationwide Suckerpunch HTX
GrCH2 NITCH PR Brockman's Remington Clover HTX

GRCH GRNITCH PKC SCH PR Brockman’s Blue Buzz HTX (semen available)
BBOA
502-417-2086

Old Post 09-13-2018 12:05 PM
KYHoundDawg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KYHoundDawg Click here to Send KYHoundDawg a Private Message Click Here to Email KYHoundDawg Find more posts by KYHoundDawg Add KYHoundDawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
j_unzicker
UKC Forum Member

UKC Performance Pack & ARHA Progressive Pack = Medium speed emphasizing accuracy and a clean running hound (works inside-out on check and picks up the trail quickly after a breakdown).
UKC Hunting Beagle & ARHA Little Pack = Fast speed emphasizing speed and drive (first strike and first through the line).

Old Post 09-26-2018 04:40 AM
j_unzicker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for j_unzicker Click here to Send j_unzicker a Private Message Click Here to Email j_unzicker Find more posts by j_unzicker Add j_unzicker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote