UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Curs and Feists > Coon scarcity in northeastern ky
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Curdawgs2k16
UKC Forum Member

Coon scarcity in northeastern ky

Is anyone having any trouble in northeastern ky or anywhere in ky with not freeing many coons. Started off the season good treed 7 in about two weeks in some river bottoms with corn fields. And I’ve only treed two other coon since then which is in the hills. Anyone have an idea what the coons are doing is there a scarcity in food?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-30-2017 02:05 AM
Curdawgs2k16 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Curdawgs2k16 Click here to Send Curdawgs2k16 a Private Message Find more posts by Curdawgs2k16 Add Curdawgs2k16 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shatim
UKC Forum Member

Coons

What is your deer season and are you allow to bait. Coons hang out at bait piles. They have pics from trail came 12 at a time eating corn put out for bait.

Old Post 12-31-2017 01:06 AM
shatim is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shatim Click here to Send shatim a Private Message Find more posts by shatim Add shatim to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Curdawgs2k16
UKC Forum Member

Our deer season is out I have a couple of places that I use corn for deer and had quite a few but I trapped them for my pup and I’m not able to coon hunt that spot cause it’s right by a main road other than that where I have been hunting is up on a main ridge and I know people have corn feeders around that area and the dogs hunt all around it and haven’t treed up on that ridge I’m not sure if there’s not any nuts or berries this year up there but last year we killed 15 up there and that’s on 5 farms all within 3 miles and we left a lot in the tree to try to save but this year it seems like they’ve moved somewhere

Old Post 12-31-2017 03:02 AM
Curdawgs2k16 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Curdawgs2k16 Click here to Send Curdawgs2k16 a Private Message Find more posts by Curdawgs2k16 Add Curdawgs2k16 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
moodyhound
UKC Forum Member

Evidently, all your coons have moved up here to Northern Kentucky. We have them thick.

KENTUCKY TREE DOGS

You can't beat stupid out of a dog.

Old Post 01-21-2018 11:47 AM
moodyhound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for moodyhound Click here to Send moodyhound a Private Message Click Here to Email moodyhound Find more posts by moodyhound Add moodyhound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote