UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Hey Bob how is Mn weather??
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
RC-Abby
UKC Forum Member

Hey Bob how is Mn weather??

We got our winter blast. I only saw minus 15. Don't think wind chills were as bad as predicted. Dogs done really well. Past 6 days upper 20's has been as high as 57. Most snow and ice melted. And well over 1 inch rain. Forecast rain thru Thursday. Had to move 2 dogs to empty pen in steer barn. What a mess ground not completely thawed.
Randi

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-06-2019 06:31 PM
RC-Abby is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RC-Abby Click here to Send RC-Abby a Private Message Find more posts by RC-Abby Add RC-Abby to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

Little snow last night less then an inch. Suppose to be getting 2 to 5 inches tonite and tomorrow with temps. falling for the next few days. 12 out of the next 15 days suppose to be below zero with this Friday the coldest with day time temp. of 5 below zero and night time temp. of 23 degrees below zero.. That's actual temps. not counting any wind chill. 8 of the next 15 will also have snow with anywhere 5 to 15 inches. We have had a couple of days in the low to middle teems but mostly below zero at night. The coyote hunters were able to give the yotes he!! but crusty snow really hard on the dogs feet.
There ain't any snow melting around here. LOL!

A guy that lives in a older trailer house was asked because it was 35 below zero if his house was warm. He told them yep it was 40 above in the house. They ask him if he thought 40 inside was very warm and he told them, (well it's about 80 degrees warmer then it is outside.)

The weather man says that it is going to be warmer in March. I said big deal. HOW MUCH MORE WARMER?

You can't fix STUPID!

Old Post 02-06-2019 11:09 PM
Bob Hennessey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bob Hennessey Click here to Send Bob Hennessey a Private Message Find more posts by Bob Hennessey Add Bob Hennessey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RC-Abby
UKC Forum Member

Sorry Bob

I'm just using you to make our weather look good. And it works. LoL! Weatherperson says up to 60 today. By morning 15 to 20 with wind chill of zero to minus??. Foggy rainy 40 degrees now. Body just can not get adjusted. Last week with snow on local boys and girl got 5 maybe 6 coyotes. I told them 20 would be a good number. Any way thanks for the weather report.
Keep warm
Randi

Old Post 02-07-2019 04:04 PM
RC-Abby is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RC-Abby Click here to Send RC-Abby a Private Message Find more posts by RC-Abby Add RC-Abby to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

It's 7 above zero now suppose to drop to 17 below zero tonight. Had about 6 inches of snow since yesterday and snowing hard right now. High of 6 below and a low of 22 below tomorrow. Good thing the Mid Winter classic isn't at our club this week end. LOL! Guess it could be worse, but this is bad enough for me. Oh well the weather man said it's going to warm up ion March. Amazing he really went out on a limb on that one. Problem is March is usually when we have our most snow.

You can't fix STUPID!

Old Post 02-07-2019 05:03 PM
Bob Hennessey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bob Hennessey Click here to Send Bob Hennessey a Private Message Find more posts by Bob Hennessey Add Bob Hennessey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Bob have you got a winter project going? I really think you could make $ sewing quilts or knitting!
Stay inside and off those snow shoes.
Jen

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 02-07-2019 05:42 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RC-Abby
UKC Forum Member

Up and down

I had 57 degrees at 7:00 pm last night. By 8:00 pm it was down to 40 degrees. Wind was 25 to 30 mph. 5:30 this morning 14 degrees with 20 to 30 mph winds. Kinda bites the face. Good ole Ohio weather if you don't like it wait 10 minutes it will change. LoL! Best place I have lived.
Everybody keep warm!
Hunt when you can!
Randi

Old Post 02-08-2019 02:08 PM
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

Beautiful morning here in Mn. Sun shine with a breeze out of the NW at 11 MPH temp. 17 below zero makes wind chill around 40 degrees below zero. Have about 6 to 8 fresh snow on the ground from yesterday. Temps. will be dropping today to 23 below zero tonight.

I'm thinking of asking our club if they would be interested in hosting the Winter Classic next year, if UKC will let us have it. LOL!

You can't fix STUPID!

Old Post 02-08-2019 02:40 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Bob

Now that would be the ultimate WINTER classic. Lol. Dave

Old Post 02-08-2019 04:14 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

Bob haven't been seeing any new humor in the off topic. In weather like you're having I can see why.

Old Post 02-08-2019 04:47 PM
yadkinriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinriver Click here to Send yadkinriver a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinriver Visit yadkinriver's homepage! Find more posts by yadkinriver Add yadkinriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
Bob have you got a winter project going? I really think you could make $ sewing quilts or knitting!
Stay inside and off those snow shoes.
Jen

My new winter project this winter is plowing out my driveways and the next day I've been able to do it all over. Nature has been good to me this winter, I have more snow then I can use so if any one wants some come get it, I'll even load it for you. LOL!

You can't fix STUPID!

Old Post 02-09-2019 07:30 PM
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

Sun came out today, no snow. Turn my dogs out to the outside pen was 7 below, all three spent most of the day sitting on the south side of the dog shed in the sun. Temps. got into the high teens. Nicest day we had for some time.

You can't fix STUPID!

Old Post 02-14-2019 02:28 AM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Bob

You better watch out, you might get sunburned. Lol. Dave

Old Post 02-14-2019 03:44 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Bob

You better watch out, you might get sunburned. Lol. Dave

Old Post 02-14-2019 03:44 AM
Nathan Harder
UKC Forum Member

Mississippi

I was wondering what the snow pack was up there Bob because when I go to the VA over in St Louis I cross over the Mississippi river and it has been pretty darn low this year. If it stays within the banks, there is some really good places to hunt over that way. We had a bunch of snow that melted and had the ground saturated. A couple days later we had a bunch of rain, about 5 inches. I live on the Kaskaskia river to about an hour east of there and most of my ground to hunt is flooded now. I won't be able to get back in there til way later in the spring.

Iraq War Vet 03-04, 05-06
RECON
618-410-3034

Old Post 02-14-2019 04:58 PM
Nathan Harder is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nathan Harder Click here to Send Nathan Harder a Private Message Click Here to Email Nathan Harder Find more posts by Nathan Harder Add Nathan Harder to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

We have a 2 ft. plus snow layer in northern MN. Most of the rest of state has about 1 ft. layer. Sounds like lots of water headed down the Mississippi when it melts. Rest of Feb is suppose to be below average temps. It's 6 below zero at my place this morning.

You can't fix STUPID!

Old Post 02-15-2019 02:06 PM
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

So far for the month of February we have had close to 36 inches of snow. Temps. been about 20 t0 30 degrees below normal , most nights below zero. Afraid when all this snow starts to melt (hope before June) there is going to be lots of flooding. Next 15 days doesn't have a day above 28 degrees. And 9 days with bellow zero readings between 2 and 19 below also 7 days of snow. I haven't turned a hound loose since the week before Christmas. We had about 6 inches of snow on the ground then. Treed 4 coon that night. After that the weather turned bad here.

You can't fix STUPID!

Last edited by Bob Hennessey on 02-27-2019 at 01:06 AM

Old Post 02-27-2019 01:01 AM
RC-Abby
UKC Forum Member

WOW!!!

I can't imagine that kind of temps for that long. What do you heat with? The girls (dogs) doing ok?
Keep warm
Randi

Old Post 02-27-2019 02:03 AM
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

I heat with propane. Was below zero here this morning. About 5 above now. Dogs are out sitting in the sun, they were locked in their pens inside last night. Dog houses are full of hay. I feed a little tallow each day along with some meat. Feed Native 3 dog food 30- 20. Works for me.

Had another 3 inches of snow last night, but sun is out today. Calling for 1 to 3 inches Friday and weekend temps. 12 to 18 below. Temps. are suppose to be around 20 to 30 below normal for the next 15 days. This is starting to get old. LOL!

You can't fix STUPID!

Last edited by Bob Hennessey on 02-27-2019 at 06:43 PM

Old Post 02-27-2019 06:40 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Bob

Man, I really don't think I could ever take those winter conditions, that cold and that much snow. We have gotten way too much rain lately, but Thank God we have had decent temps. Some of us just don't realize how much worse off weather wise that some folks really are. Thanks Bob, for putting thinks in perspective, I hope your weather gets better soon. Dave

Old Post 02-27-2019 07:41 PM
MR.RATMAN
Banned

Ya 9 degrees and 4 inches of snow with 15 mph winds when I ran D last night here

PKC CH Byers Boogar Hollow D
( Mojo On Tap X Midnight Fly )

Old Post 02-27-2019 08:05 PM
MR.RATMAN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MR.RATMAN Click here to Send MR.RATMAN a Private Message Click Here to Email MR.RATMAN Find more posts by MR.RATMAN Add MR.RATMAN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Todd

How did you do hunting in those conditions? Dave

Old Post 02-27-2019 11:23 PM
MR.RATMAN
Banned

Made 3 den trees and walked 2.3 miles to do it. But I enjoy listening to a good HOUND run and tree in rough conditions.

Old Post 02-28-2019 12:02 AM
MR.RATMAN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MR.RATMAN Click here to Send MR.RATMAN a Private Message Click Here to Email MR.RATMAN Find more posts by MR.RATMAN Add MR.RATMAN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Todd

Just something about a good race and that locate bark that never gets old! Glad you hunted, beats a recliner listening to the rain. Lol. Dave

Old Post 02-28-2019 12:51 AM
MR.RATMAN
Banned

Big warm front 12 degrees out and heading to the woods now

Old Post 03-01-2019 12:33 AM
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

It was 18 below zero officially here this morning. It broke a record that was set in the 1870's Before any asks me how cold it was back then, I can't remember the exact temp, but kind of remember it was really cold then too. LOL!

You can't fix STUPID!

Old Post 03-03-2019 02:46 PM