UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Rattlesnake Vaccine?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
bearhunter747
UKC Forum Member

Rattlesnake Vaccine?

do any of you guys get your dogs this vaccine? We've already had 4 dogs bitten this summer so far... 1 died and not so sure a second one bit Friday is gonna live or not. If any of you guys get your dogs vaccinated for this, is it effective or do you know and what is the cost of this. I have a young dog carrying the mail right now and dont want to ruin this pup with a snake bite or lose him to one. I may have to quit pushing him so hard but that wouldn't be doing him just.

Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid! (John Wayne)

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-06-2020 09:34 PM
bearhunter747 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bearhunter747 Click here to Send bearhunter747 a Private Message Find more posts by bearhunter747 Add bearhunter747 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

Sorry to hear about your dogs...

A few things yo can do to help...with the shock collar on high (to make a statement)...

Find and kill a rattlesnake...refrigerate if needed to keep it fresh...

Make sure dog is secure in kennel or is tied up...Put shock collar on dog...have dogs see and smell snake...

Have snake touch dog a few times while you have snake in your control...shock dog each time snake touches him...skip a day and do it again...repeat after a few more days...

Youíll know itís working if dogs is acting like he saw or smelled a snake...

In the woods if he smells or sees one he will give it space...

Old Post 07-06-2020 10:15 PM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tim Green
UKC Forum Member

I recently started one of mine on it. It is a two shot series and then an annual booster. Not sure if it is effective or not, but we have a lot of them here in north Texas. It cost $15 per shot at my vet....figured it was a small price to pay if it works.

Home of:

GRNTCH GRCH High Xpectaion (semen)
(WLDNTCH GRNTCH X Jr x WLDNTCH GRNTCH Insane Jane)(All Grand)

GRNTCH GRCH Insane Cain(semen)
(WLDNTCH GRNTCH X Jr x WLDNTCH GRNTCH Insane Jane)(All Grand)

GRNTCH Southís Insane Rebel Son
(GRNTCH Ole South Stylish Rebel x GRNTCH Insane Wenty)(All Grand)

NTCH Tripleí Tís All Grand Black Ops Opie
(GRNTCH Nailorís Nocturnal Kid x GRNTCH Insane Xena)(All Grand)

GRNTCH GRCH Stylish Extra Sassy
(GRNTCH Thomasí Only REEZEN x GRNTCH Little Bit Extra) (All Grand)

GRNTCH Insane Xena
(GRNTCH Insane X x GRNTCH Harryís Stylish Qzy) (All Grand)

NTCH Harryís Insane June
(GRNTCH Stylish Harry x GRNTCH Snake Creek Insane Jitterbug)(All Grand)

NTCH Amazing Grace
(GRNTCH Somewhere Stylish Coma x PR Snowdenís Restless Sandy)

CH Triple Tís Lady Luck Max
GRNTCH Nailorís Nocturnal Kid x GRNTCH All Grand Tracks Sacks) (All Grand)

GRNTCH Stylish Reno (semen)
(GRNTCH SACKETT Jr x GRNTCH Schmersalís Stylish Lacy)(All Grand)

GRCH NTCH Briar Cliff Battle (semen) (GRNTCH Babeís Stylish Banjo x GRCH Briar Cliff Racie)

Old Post 07-06-2020 10:53 PM
Tim Green is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tim Green Click here to Send Tim Green a Private Message Click Here to Email Tim Green Find more posts by Tim Green Add Tim Green to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2nd Mac
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Tim Green
I recently started one of mine on it. It is a two shot series and then an annual booster. Not sure if it is effective or not, but we have a lot of them here in north Texas. It cost $15 per shot at my vet....figured it was a small price to pay if it works.
Tim what vet are you using? I might give the shots to mine. They get cottonmouth bit pretty regularly but get over them in 2 or 3 days on their own. Rattle snakes are a different story and Iíve got plenty of those too.

Old Post 07-06-2020 11:35 PM
2nd Mac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2nd Mac Click here to Send 2nd Mac a Private Message Find more posts by 2nd Mac Add 2nd Mac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote