UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Well it’s official !
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
yadkintar
Banned

Well it’s official !

$200,000 hunt is on like donkey Kong ! Ukc kicked it out of the park drop the mike wow !!!

Tar

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-30-2019 11:01 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
F bond
UKC Forum Member

Hopefully it works out but I’m skeptical on it helping the local clubs. A increase in dog recording fees will result in entry fee increase or even less money for the local club. With a lot of clubs already drawing low entries hopefully the qualifying requirements for a chance at the purse draws hunters out of retirement or other kc’s. Even so the requirement is only 5 cast wins . That’s what it takes to make a dog nite ch and to hear some say that’s nothing to accomplish anymore. With double headers and a little dog power that new entry gained will have his 5 cast wins in 2 weeks especially with 4&5 hunts a weekend in the majority of states. Hopefully they’ve thought of this and have some sort of requirement or something in place. But who knows this maybe what turns things around and brings the hunters back out! One thing is for certain we’ll know if it’s gonna help by this time next year.

Old Post 08-30-2019 11:30 PM
F bond is offline Click Here to See the Profile for F bond Click here to Send F bond a Private Message Click Here to Email F bond Find more posts by F bond Add F bond to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sgraves
UKC Forum Member

Think it will work. Make it to where the 5 cast wins has to come from a club other than your home club.

Old Post 08-31-2019 12:14 AM
Sgraves is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sgraves Click here to Send Sgraves a Private Message Click Here to Email Sgraves Find more posts by Sgraves Add Sgraves to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

It will sure help the guys that win that $200,000.

Old Post 08-31-2019 02:25 AM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

If this doesn't get a guy or gal with a quality dog to the club's nothing will. I hope the tournament is a hard core test from he'll

Old Post 08-31-2019 11:01 AM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dustys60
UKC Forum Member

Can anyone post a link explaining this hunt format. I haven’t seen anything about it.

Old Post 08-31-2019 12:37 PM
Dustys60 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dustys60 Click here to Send Dustys60 a Private Message Click Here to Email Dustys60 Find more posts by Dustys60 Add Dustys60 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
trevorwade09
UKC Forum Member

https://www.facebook.com/9592399241...69390483112388/

More details to come!

Old Post 08-31-2019 01:02 PM
trevorwade09 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for trevorwade09 Click here to Send trevorwade09 a Private Message Click Here to Email trevorwade09 Find more posts by trevorwade09 Add trevorwade09 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nathan Phenix
UKC Forum Member

It always good to see something tried to draw interest in hunts. And obviously this is big move. I just hope the entry fee isnt crazy high or I'm afraid it have reverse affect desired after raising hunt entry fee 7$. Hard find balance between guys that just want come to few local hunts and enjoy. And guy that wants try win big.

Bayou Creek Black and Tan’s

Nathan Phenix
417-255-5697

Old Post 08-31-2019 04:38 PM
Nathan Phenix is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nathan Phenix Click here to Send Nathan Phenix a Private Message Find more posts by Nathan Phenix Add Nathan Phenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blaine Stout
UKC Forum Member

I personally wish they would not have done this. I think there are lots of local clubs that will see a major drop in entries. We tried a few new things this year and had a good amount of dogs showing up. Hope this doesn't kill what we have worked hard to build back up.

Hounds that reside at Cedar Creek Ranch

WALKERS
Ch Grnitech Cedar Creek Paco

ENGLISH
Grch Blackfords C'mon Eileen
Nitech Wanna be a Lunatic

R.I.P
Nitech Cedar Creek Timbers Blu Junior

Old Post 08-31-2019 04:41 PM
Blaine Stout is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blaine Stout Click here to Send Blaine Stout a Private Message Click Here to Email Blaine Stout Find more posts by Blaine Stout Add Blaine Stout to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nathan Phenix
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Blaine Stout
I personally wish they would not have done this. I think there are lots of local clubs that will see a major drop in entries. We tried a few new things this year and had a good amount of dogs showing up. Hope this doesn't kill what we have worked hard to build back up.

What was some of things your club tried that had good results?

Bayou Creek Black and Tan’s

Nathan Phenix
417-255-5697

Old Post 08-31-2019 04:58 PM
Nathan Phenix is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nathan Phenix Click here to Send Nathan Phenix a Private Message Find more posts by Nathan Phenix Add Nathan Phenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

The event fee per dog is going to raise $5 per dog from what it is currently. UKC will have to have 40,000 dogs entered in their hunts in 2020 to cover the payout. I wonder how many entries there will be in the hunts this year. Will a $5 higher entry keep more people from entering the hunts than it will bring in additional entries?

Old Post 08-31-2019 05:13 PM
ov_blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ov_blues Click here to Send ov_blues a Private Message Click Here to Email ov_blues Find more posts by ov_blues Add ov_blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wdem
UKC Forum Member

This will be good for ukc

I'm glad they are doing this. I have always supported ukc. This is a positive move and people should stop being negative. I would rather pay an extra $5 and hunt under ukc rules where you have to actually see a coon to win.

Old Post 08-31-2019 05:19 PM
Wdem is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wdem Click here to Send Wdem a Private Message Click Here to Email Wdem Find more posts by Wdem Add Wdem to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

I don't know about anywhere else but around here every club has people in the area that hunt other kc and do not show up to their local ukc hunt. This will get them to come. If you have 3 or 4 of those guys around that's a minimum of 15 to 20 more entries. It will probably be more like 30 to 40 more entries with lost cast. To be honest with you if $5 keeps someone from entering they probably were not coming anyway.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 08-31-2019 05:24 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

We won't hunt in a hunt that doesn't pay. Trust me when I say guys like myself that have not hunted UKC in years are headed home from Autumn Oaks trying to find puppy papers and our easy entry cards.

I just hope they implement a tree countdown

Old Post 08-31-2019 09:48 PM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Travis Brown
UKC Forum Member

It looks to me like it will improve the number of people going to the hunts.

Home of :
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Peggy 4/91-1/02
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Little Peg 6/98-3/08
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Haley 8/02-11/13
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Taylor 3/05-11/17
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Rotten 10/08-2/13
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Midge 12/10-1/21
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Jessie 4/14-
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Lilly 5/19-

Old Post 08-31-2019 09:51 PM
Travis Brown is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Travis Brown Click here to Send Travis Brown a Private Message Click Here to Email Travis Brown Find more posts by Travis Brown Add Travis Brown to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Go to the 1 hr double header minie slams you can win money while qualifiying to win money !

Tar

Old Post 08-31-2019 10:55 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hittman
UKC Forum Member

Win money while working towards winning money. Sounds good to me.

Old Post 08-31-2019 11:09 PM
Hittman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hittman Click here to Send Hittman a Private Message Click Here to Email Hittman Find more posts by Hittman Add Hittman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Josh Michaelis
We won't hunt in a hunt that doesn't pay. Trust me when I say guys like myself that have not hunted UKC in years are headed home from Autumn Oaks trying to find puppy papers and our easy entry cards.

That was the hope when this thing was being put together. I'm really hoping it works.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 09-01-2019 03:31 AM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by joey
That was the hope when this thing was being put together. I'm really hoping it works.

Only thing I wonder is how the people that are regularly hunting small UKC events will react to the hunters and dogs that are going to start coming to their hunts.

Old Post 09-01-2019 03:53 AM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I will welcome them with open arms ! Us three want to hunt wth sombody else and they are tired of my cooking lol.

Tar

Old Post 09-01-2019 03:57 AM
berger
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Josh Michaelis

I just hope they implement a tree countdown

I agree, it is way pass do, There were 2 proposals for a count down on the new rule change agenda. I could live with either one, and hope one of them passed. I leaned towards the 2minute one as it had been implemented in the super slam hunts and hunters enjoyed the rule and was different from the other kennel clubs. If this one rule change did not happen then I think it is time that UKC makes a change in there rules for night hunts and takes away the right for breed organizations to determine the rules of the hunts. This is one rule that has been the biggest deterrent of young/start up competition hunters of all rules combine of not supporting UKC hunts.

319-201-8445

Old Post 09-01-2019 04:15 AM
berger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for berger Click here to Send berger a Private Message Find more posts by berger Add berger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
berger
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Sgraves
Think it will work. Make it to where the 5 cast wins has to come from a club other than your home club.

I am just wondering what would you call your Home Club. If you are a member of 4 close hunting clubs but they are all to far away to guide for just a regular UKC hunt. Which would you consider the Home Club???

319-201-8445

Old Post 09-01-2019 04:24 AM
berger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for berger Click here to Send berger a Private Message Find more posts by berger Add berger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blaine Stout
UKC Forum Member

For those who asked what we did was switched to all double headers. We charge $20 for the night that gets you into both rounds. Plus we provide a meal and drinks free for anyone that wants to eat before or after the hunt.

So our club was still making $16 per dog which was a good amount. We were drawing 5 to 6 casts of dogs at every hunt.

Now we will only be making $6 per dog which will not allow us to provide food and drink free of charge. Or we have to raise our hunt costs which is what everyone complained about to begin with.

What we always here from people now is that our hunts are to cheap to miss. So they come from some pretty good distances to make our hunts.

Hounds that reside at Cedar Creek Ranch

WALKERS
Ch Grnitech Cedar Creek Paco

ENGLISH
Grch Blackfords C'mon Eileen
Nitech Wanna be a Lunatic

R.I.P
Nitech Cedar Creek Timbers Blu Junior

Old Post 09-01-2019 07:51 AM
Blaine Stout is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blaine Stout Click here to Send Blaine Stout a Private Message Click Here to Email Blaine Stout Find more posts by Blaine Stout Add Blaine Stout to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sgraves
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by berger
I am just wondering what would you call your Home Club. If you are a member of 4 close hunting clubs but they are all to far away to guide for just a regular UKC hunt. Which would you consider the Home Club???
Let me rephrase that. Hunt different clubs. Lot of folks stay in their own little general area an hunt against the same ole dogs at every hunt they have. To me a cast win doing that don’t mean much. Less tricky stuff goes on when hunting against people an dogs that your not used to.

Old Post 09-01-2019 08:06 AM
Sgraves is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sgraves Click here to Send Sgraves a Private Message Click Here to Email Sgraves Find more posts by Sgraves Add Sgraves to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
davidlloyd
UKC Forum Member

Let's be honest. Is 5 dollars really gonna make it so locals can't afford to hunt? If you can't afford an extra 5 dollars to support your sport you can't afford owning a hound.

Old Post 09-01-2019 01:43 PM
davidlloyd is offline Click Here to See the Profile for davidlloyd Click here to Send davidlloyd a Private Message Click Here to Email davidlloyd Find more posts by davidlloyd Add davidlloyd to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote