UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Do any of y'all ever hunt alone ?
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
pttm08
UKC Forum Member

I would say 85% of the time.

Home of

PR CH Big Blue Buster HTX
PR CH Angle Plantation's Red Jasper

Let's get Ticked

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-29-2016 07:12 PM
pttm08 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pttm08 Click here to Send pttm08 a Private Message Click Here to Email pttm08 Find more posts by pttm08 Add pttm08 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gcblues
UKC Forum Member

hunting alone

almost never hunt alone , scared of those swamps by myself . guess if I had a 4 wheeler so I didnt have to wade through so much to get to the tree I might hunt alone more . besides that my dog trespasses sometimes and I like some back up when I go after him . im just scared !

Old Post 08-29-2016 07:29 PM
gcblues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gcblues Click here to Send gcblues a Private Message Find more posts by gcblues Add gcblues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gcblues
UKC Forum Member

hunt alone

one thing im not scared of is what yours or my dog will do with or without company . sometimes he hunts by his self ,sometimes he runs with the other hounds . he decides . its ok with me either way .

Old Post 08-29-2016 07:33 PM
gcblues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gcblues Click here to Send gcblues a Private Message Find more posts by gcblues Add gcblues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Well Started
UKC Forum Member

Hunt by myself just about always. Good dogs and good dog men can make a fun hunt with others but it doesn't happen often.

Old Post 08-29-2016 09:21 PM
Well Started is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Well Started Click here to Send Well Started a Private Message Find more posts by Well Started Add Well Started to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AppalachianBlue
UKC Forum Member

My wife hunts wit me 95 percent of the time. Which makes it nice for when i cant hunt. Like wen i injured my leg im just now recoverin from. She loves to get to handle my dog at the hunts. She can call em almost as good as me. She will be at the all girl pink hunt in ohio. And once or twice a week i hunt wit a buddy. Will hunt alone but it aint as fun

Call or txt 443- 262-5663
www.facebook.com/appalachianblues
AppalachianBluesKennel@gmail.com

UKC WTDA Registered

Appalachian Blues Kennel
CH PR Walkin After Midnight
GRFCH GRCH NITECH PR Appalachian Blue Catfish HTX ( ACHA SC CHT TC )
- 2015 Qualified for World Show
- 2016 Performance Sire
- Final four Pink Hunt, 2nd place reg
- 2017 Performance Sire
NCH CH Pr Appalachian Blue Luna
GRFCH WCH Pr Appalachian Blue Raven

Mountain feist WTDA BNCH Meadow Mountain Joker

Chocolate Lab...Banjo. Waterfowl buddy.

Last edited by AppalachianBlue on 08-29-2016 at 09:45 PM

Old Post 08-29-2016 09:40 PM
AppalachianBlue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AppalachianBlue Click here to Send AppalachianBlue a Private Message Click Here to Email AppalachianBlue Find more posts by AppalachianBlue Add AppalachianBlue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Coongrease
UKC Forum Member

Most of the time. Come and go as I please and quit when I want too

Old Post 08-29-2016 10:08 PM
Coongrease is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Coongrease Click here to Send Coongrease a Private Message Find more posts by Coongrease Add Coongrease to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
muzzymomentless
UKC Forum Member

Just got back in to hunting with hounds and only have a couple buddies that hunt too, so mostly hunt alone.

Old Post 08-29-2016 10:24 PM
muzzymomentless is offline Click Here to See the Profile for muzzymomentless Click here to Send muzzymomentless a Private Message Click Here to Email muzzymomentless Find more posts by muzzymomentless Add muzzymomentless to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fletch
UKC Forum Member

Mostly alone, I had two good friends we hunted together all the time, one in his 90's and the other in his 80's when they passed away. they have been gone 6 years now. I'm 69 and still go by myself. once in a while a neighbor goes with me, he has no dogs. My son no longer coon hunts but has bear dogs, I run with him every weekend. Seems like a lot of people think they want to go, but it seems like most of them go once and it isn't what they thought it was, whatever that might have been. You either like following dogs or you don't

Gary

Old Post 08-29-2016 11:38 PM
fletch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fletch Click here to Send fletch a Private Message Find more posts by fletch Add fletch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hey Preacher!!!
UKC Forum Member

At this point, I'd be better off without the dog.

...", nevertheless I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep what I have committed to Him until that Day" - 2 Timothy 1:12

"Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation that we can not be trusted with arms for our own defense?" - Patrick Henry

"Those who would give up essential Liberty,to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" - Benjamin Franklin

Old Post 08-30-2016 12:20 AM
Hey Preacher!!! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hey Preacher!!! Click here to Send Hey Preacher!!! a Private Message Find more posts by Hey Preacher!!! Add Hey Preacher!!! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BEST EVER
Banned

I feel hunting by yourself you keep you hounds straight until they get some age on them and you will know your hounds. Hate waiting in others, others not correcting thier hounds. Me and my son hunt by ourself about 95 percent of the time.

GRNTCHGRCH PR Super Blue Riptide
GRNITECH 'PR' Prairie Creek Blue Big Horn

Mark Robbins Home : 812-547-1358 cell 812-309-8290
Corey Robbins Cell : 812-608-1645 / Home 812-547-2775

Last edited by BEST EVER on 08-30-2016 at 02:46 AM

Old Post 08-30-2016 12:38 AM
BEST EVER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BEST EVER Click here to Send BEST EVER a Private Message Find more posts by BEST EVER Add BEST EVER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
C.Culbertson
UKC Forum Member

Hunt Alone

I hunt alone 99.9% of the time.

Old Post 08-30-2016 01:07 AM
C.Culbertson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for C.Culbertson Click here to Send C.Culbertson a Private Message Find more posts by C.Culbertson Add C.Culbertson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RAT Mafia
UKC Forum Member

When I have one singled out or needing some work.I will brush you off and will not think twice.

Old Post 08-30-2016 01:18 AM
RAT Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RAT Mafia Click here to Send RAT Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email RAT Mafia Find more posts by RAT Mafia Add RAT Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Well Started
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by RAT Mafia
When I have one singled out or needing some work.I will brush you off and will not think twice.

Yep. Just the nature of the game. When it comes to young dogs if you're gonna have a dog for next yr it requires one on one time this yr. At least all mine have. Personally I enjoy that stage. We both learn.

Old Post 08-30-2016 02:42 AM
Well Started is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Well Started Click here to Send Well Started a Private Message Find more posts by Well Started Add Well Started to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lynn Tubbs
UKC Forum Member

99 % of the time

Old Post 08-30-2016 02:49 AM
Lynn Tubbs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lynn Tubbs Click here to Send Lynn Tubbs a Private Message Click Here to Email Lynn Tubbs Find more posts by Lynn Tubbs Add Lynn Tubbs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ed B.
UKC Forum Member

Almost always alone. I work 3rd shift so it's almost impossible to coon hunt. I squirrel hunt in the morning after work and lot.

Old Post 08-30-2016 04:04 AM
Ed B. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ed B. Click here to Send Ed B. a Private Message Click Here to Email Ed B. Find more posts by Ed B. Add Ed B. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Autumn Clements
UKC Forum Member

I hunt alone most of the time.

'PR'LEAD'S MIDNITE SASSY
CFC CH Canadian GCH Multi Group Placing MBPIG BBPIG LEGACYK STANNYFIELD PRIME TIME (AKC & UKC Pointed)
BPIG MBBPIG WINDAMIRS RED LIGHT DISTRICT V AMBERLANE
LEGACYK DARE TO DREAM V CBLUES
LEGACYK WHITE AS A GHOST V CBLUES

Gone but not forgotten
GRNITECH GRCH PKC CH'PR'CLEMENTS' BLUE PRANCER

GRNITECH GRCH'PR'SPIKE'S TWILITE HOOKER
'PR'PRANCER'S GETTIN DOWN N DIRTY (PrancerxHooker)
NITECH CH’PR’BUELL’S BLUE ROCKY(Whitey x Spice)

CKC BBPIG MARIES BABY BREEZE

Old Post 08-30-2016 01:45 PM
Autumn Clements is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Autumn Clements Click here to Send Autumn Clements a Private Message Click Here to Email Autumn Clements Find more posts by Autumn Clements Add Autumn Clements to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mucket
UKC Forum Member

If someone from out of town shows up i will take them hunting , but i dont like no one good enuff to hunt with me regularly

Old Post 08-30-2016 05:04 PM
mucket is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mucket Click here to Send mucket a Private Message Visit mucket's homepage! Find more posts by mucket Add mucket to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hayseedlady
UKC Forum Member

I prefer to be alone with the dogs hunting. No need to talk or take breaks. Everyone thinks it fun until I take them down a cliff on a deer trail.

Old Post 08-30-2016 05:26 PM
Hayseedlady is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hayseedlady Click here to Send Hayseedlady a Private Message Click Here to Email Hayseedlady Find more posts by Hayseedlady Add Hayseedlady to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

About 85% of the time. I really wish I had someone all of the time because of all the cottonmouths we have down here, and the fellowship, but hunting alone have its advantages. I hunt two different dogs alone and each get everyother drop.

Old Post 08-30-2016 06:24 PM
BigContry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BigContry Click here to Send BigContry a Private Message Click Here to Email BigContry Find more posts by BigContry Add BigContry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Creason
UKC Forum Member

Yep

About 90% of the time

Old Post 08-30-2016 06:34 PM
Creason is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Creason Click here to Send Creason a Private Message Find more posts by Creason Add Creason to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
River Birch Run
UKC Forum Member

I hunt alone, and hunt my dogs alone for at least a yr. Every once in a while I hunt a night with a friend just to cut loose with a strange dog and see how mine acts. When I think there getting ready for comp hunts I will hunt a few times a month with friends just to make sure there ready for a cast. Then its back to me and my dog alone, that's my quite time to relax.

Old Post 08-31-2016 02:26 AM
River Birch Run is offline Click Here to See the Profile for River Birch Run Click here to Send River Birch Run a Private Message Find more posts by River Birch Run Add River Birch Run to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cethridge
UKC Forum Member

Almost always.

Old Post 09-01-2016 02:45 PM
cethridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cethridge Click here to Send cethridge a Private Message Click Here to Email cethridge Find more posts by cethridge Add cethridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OLIE SMITH
UKC Forum Member

That is the only way to truly train a good dog and no your dog.

Old Post 09-02-2016 10:48 PM
OLIE SMITH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for OLIE SMITH Click here to Send OLIE SMITH a Private Message Click Here to Email OLIE SMITH Find more posts by OLIE SMITH Add OLIE SMITH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jay brademeyer
UKC Forum Member

I always hunt alone.. very rare for me to go with or have any company

"Building on a solid foundation starts on the bottom side"

Old Post 09-02-2016 11:34 PM
jay brademeyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jay brademeyer Click here to Send jay brademeyer a Private Message Click Here to Email jay brademeyer Find more posts by jay brademeyer Add jay brademeyer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jdgher
UKC Forum Member

Mostly alone

I mostly hunt alone even though it is dangerous. You all need to let someone know where you are going to hunt.
3 years ago I fell 12 feet and landed at the bottom of a washed out place in the woods. Fortunately that night I wasn't alone and had help getting to the hospital. The first thing that came to mind laying at the bottom of that wash, was "good thing I'm not alone tonight". Could of been real bad.
We think I've got my phone. Well my phone was in my left pocket and I broke my left elbow and wrist. What if I'd broke both arms, or worse. I thought about laying there all night and maybe till noon the next day, "in pain" until someone found me.
So let someone know. Send a txt to a family member or friend that says I'm turning loose at the "old Johnson place", at least that will be the first place they look the next morning.

GRNTCH PR' Steve-O and Chili's Red Flow
NTCH PR' Twisters Musical Red Huey DNA-VIP Perf Sire 06'07 Deceased 11/07
Former Home of
NTCH 'PR' Swann's Lonesome Red Music/ Kitty
NTCH. CH PR' SawBlade Red Reckon
NTCH. CH PR' Gher's Timber Mt. Brandy
Breeder of
GRNTCH PR' Daugherty's Red BUBBA
NTCH CH PR' BA'S Tree Top Rockin Griddle
NTCH PR' Lickcreek Backwoods Lil Red Annie

Old Post 09-03-2016 06:09 PM
jdgher is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jdgher Click here to Send jdgher a Private Message Click Here to Email jdgher Find more posts by jdgher Add jdgher to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote