UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Do any of y'all ever hunt alone ?
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
wildcat3
UKC Forum Member

Do any of y'all ever hunt alone ?

Sure it's always fun to hunt with your buddies or main hunting partner but with jobs and family stuff sometimes that doesn't always line up. Do any of y'all load dogs up and take off and hunt by yourself or do you prefer to hunt with a buddy? Me personally I have no problem hunting alone.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-29-2016 03:09 PM
wildcat3 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wildcat3 Click here to Send wildcat3 a Private Message Click Here to Email wildcat3 Find more posts by wildcat3 Add wildcat3 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jason Cooper
UKC Forum Member

Yes I hunt alone all the the time wife and kid goes to bed I go hunting

Old Post 08-29-2016 03:14 PM
Jason Cooper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jason Cooper Click here to Send Jason Cooper a Private Message Click Here to Email Jason Cooper Find more posts by Jason Cooper Add Jason Cooper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

Lately, more often alone than not.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 08-29-2016 03:16 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wvcoonrunner
UKC Forum Member

I do, the wife don't like it because it's pretty rough country here in places and you don't always have cell service, but sometimes you just can't find somebody to go with you.

Old Post 08-29-2016 03:17 PM
wvcoonrunner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wvcoonrunner Find more posts by wvcoonrunner Add wvcoonrunner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Robert Johnson
UKC Forum Member

ABOUT 90% THE TIME I HUNT ALONE

Johnson Creek Kennels
home of:
UKC Grand Nite Champion "PR" Yadkin River Addkis. Deceased 12/11/2016 RIP

2009/2010/2011/2012 AKC GA. State Leader and Supreme Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

2010 ACHA Georgia State Champion Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

PKC Champion Yadkin River Addkis

Bright Eye Lights

Treeing Walkers

912-663-5287 cell (perfered)

Old Post 08-29-2016 03:30 PM
Robert Johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Robert Johnson Click here to Send Robert Johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email Robert Johnson Find more posts by Robert Johnson Add Robert Johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JCParker
UKC Forum Member

95% alone. Hard to find folks that wants to hunt down here in the summertime with all the Timber Rattlers and Cotton mouths.

Old Post 08-29-2016 03:43 PM
JCParker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JCParker Click here to Send JCParker a Private Message Click Here to Email JCParker Find more posts by JCParker Add JCParker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jeff Prince
UKC Forum Member

Almost always . But I usually take a dog with me !

Old Post 08-29-2016 03:57 PM
Jeff Prince is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jeff Prince Click here to Send Jeff Prince a Private Message Click Here to Email Jeff Prince Find more posts by Jeff Prince Add Jeff Prince to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John D
UKC Forum Member

I prefer to hunt alone. I go and come as I please, don't have to wait on anybody else or their dog. There's nobody to brag to and no need to make excuses for a dog. I enjoy company and seeing other dogs from time to time, but not very often.

Man and dog versus coon. Isn't that what the definition of coonhunting really is?

If it was only about looking better than the other guy, arguing about stuff that doesn't matter and all the people oriented junk that has crept into the sport, I would have tapped out years ago.

Click here to visit The B&T Coonhunters Message Forum for news, views, open discussion, ads, and event winners in the B&T Breed (Registration, with your full name, required)

Click here to see my Dog List

Last edited by John D on 08-29-2016 at 04:27 PM

Old Post 08-29-2016 04:05 PM
John D is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John D Click here to Send John D a Private Message Click Here to Email John D Visit John D's homepage! Find more posts by John D Add John D to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Smoke
UKC Forum Member

Hunt alone all the time.

Old Post 08-29-2016 04:05 PM
Smoke is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Smoke Click here to Send Smoke a Private Message Find more posts by Smoke Add Smoke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MIKE CARDER
UKC Forum Member

Hunting alone

99.9% of the time. But like Jeff I will take a hound with me.

Phone number 270-820-5560

Old Post 08-29-2016 04:10 PM
MIKE CARDER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MIKE CARDER Click here to Send MIKE CARDER a Private Message Click Here to Email MIKE CARDER Find more posts by MIKE CARDER Add MIKE CARDER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CHEWBACH
UKC Forum Member

lol

Yes always!!! after Friday nt!! starting to rethink my options!!lol

Old Post 08-29-2016 04:12 PM
CHEWBACH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHEWBACH Click here to Send CHEWBACH a Private Message Find more posts by CHEWBACH Add CHEWBACH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darrell Eads
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Prince

lol

Old Post 08-29-2016 04:32 PM
Darrell Eads is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Darrell Eads Click here to Send Darrell Eads a Private Message Click Here to Email Darrell Eads Find more posts by Darrell Eads Add Darrell Eads to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bill(Chew)
UKC Forum Member

Alone (with dogs) almost all the time. I do enjoy company though.

Old Post 08-29-2016 04:47 PM
Bill(Chew) is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bill(Chew) Click here to Send Bill(Chew) a Private Message Click Here to Email Bill(Chew) Find more posts by Bill(Chew) Add Bill(Chew) to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ryan J
UKC Forum Member

Yes I hunt with people once in a while. But I hunt alone a lot.

Old Post 08-29-2016 04:58 PM
Ryan J is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ryan J Click here to Send Ryan J a Private Message Click Here to Email Ryan J Find more posts by Ryan J Add Ryan J to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Todd_Miller
UKC Forum Member

1 Night maybe 2 I hunt with a partner other than that is me and the dog............

Old Post 08-29-2016 05:03 PM
Todd_Miller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Todd_Miller Click here to Send Todd_Miller a Private Message Click Here to Email Todd_Miller Find more posts by Todd_Miller Add Todd_Miller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wbond
UKC Forum Member

About 50/50

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have"

Thomas Jefferson

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government."
Thomas Jefferson

Old Post 08-29-2016 05:08 PM
wbond is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wbond Click here to Send wbond a Private Message Click Here to Email wbond Find more posts by wbond Add wbond to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BETHLEHEM BLUES
UKC Forum Member

Alone

quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Prince

I usually have better luck when I leave the dog home. Lol

(RIP) Nt Ch HTX Uchtman first class Jack
(RIP) Gr Nite Ch Yeager’s Wild N Wonderful Ginger

Heikki Yeager (304) 905-3585

Old Post 08-29-2016 05:14 PM
BETHLEHEM BLUES is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BETHLEHEM BLUES Click here to Send BETHLEHEM BLUES a Private Message Click Here to Email BETHLEHEM BLUES Find more posts by BETHLEHEM BLUES Add BETHLEHEM BLUES to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chainsaw
UKC Forum Member

Not to many pleasure hunters around here anymore and the comp.guys deep and alone dogs are not much fun to hunt with so most of the time it's me and the hounds . years ago people didn't care who come along to hunt but now alot of guys are scared of there dog covering a dog with a coon.

Old Post 08-29-2016 05:15 PM
chainsaw is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chainsaw Click here to Send chainsaw a Private Message Click Here to Email chainsaw Find more posts by chainsaw Add chainsaw to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
brujan182
UKC Forum Member

Alone

98% alone. I'm 67 years old. My wife did ask me to activate GPS on my phone. She said she'd at least like to be able to find my body.

Old Post 08-29-2016 05:17 PM
brujan182 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for brujan182 Click here to Send brujan182 a Private Message Click Here to Email brujan182 Find more posts by brujan182 Add brujan182 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chip johnson
UKC Forum Member

99 percent alone. I like it that way, when I'm ready to hunt I go, when I'm ready to go home I go. I can take as many or whatever dog I want. If someone asks to go along I don't have a problem with it but I don't go out of my way to find someone to go.

Old Post 08-29-2016 05:26 PM
chip johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chip johnson Click here to Send chip johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email chip johnson Find more posts by chip johnson Add chip johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MR.RATMAN
Banned

95% alone I feel that way I learn my dog better and don't have to worry about others going behind my back and hunting my spots...

PKC CH Byers Boogar Hollow D
( Mojo On Tap X Midnight Fly )

Old Post 08-29-2016 05:49 PM
MR.RATMAN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MR.RATMAN Click here to Send MR.RATMAN a Private Message Click Here to Email MR.RATMAN Find more posts by MR.RATMAN Add MR.RATMAN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rex Ridge
UKC Forum Member

My husband doesn't mind hunting alone, but I usually tag along because he's in his 60's and still thinks he's in his 20's. I saw him slide into the Allegheny River last beaver season. Not much I could do, but scream. Thank God, he was able to grab some laurel and got stopped, but he was in over his waist. Later he was trapping with a buddy and got his thumb caught in a conibear and said if he wouldn't have been along, he would have had to walk out to find help, but he thinks he would have probably passed out from the pain first.

Old Post 08-29-2016 06:16 PM
Rex Ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rex Ridge Click here to Send Rex Ridge a Private Message Find more posts by Rex Ridge Add Rex Ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rob thompson
UKC Forum Member

Very rarely do i hunt with others.

Old Post 08-29-2016 06:24 PM
rob thompson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rob thompson Click here to Send rob thompson a Private Message Click Here to Email rob thompson Find more posts by rob thompson Add rob thompson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
croatankid
UKC Forum Member

I never hunt coon with anyone. I'd like to but I doubt I'll ever find anyone I can put up with that would be willing to put up with me. The time or two I did go with another I found that crawling through the jungle was less daunting. I didn't have to be so careful.

Old Post 08-29-2016 06:53 PM
croatankid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for croatankid Click here to Send croatankid a Private Message Click Here to Email croatankid Find more posts by croatankid Add croatankid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Atherton
UKC Forum Member

I would have to say I hunted with others maybe 6 times last year. So if I had to guess 98% of the time I am alone.

Aim small miss small

Old Post 08-29-2016 07:09 PM
Larry Atherton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Atherton Click here to Send Larry Atherton a Private Message Click Here to Email Larry Atherton Visit Larry Atherton's homepage! Find more posts by Larry Atherton Add Larry Atherton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote