UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Hunting an aggressive dog?
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Stan Ferrell
UKC Forum Member

Darrell, why cant you just be honest like Josh? My life doesn't revolve around tree points. Comp hunts are just a small part of my program. My hounds are taught to obey and are bred for game gitten and focus on the game . Mine will be starein up the tree lookin for the game, not lookin for a dog to grab. Your kind of hound is fine if you are hunting alone as I suspect you probly are.

Last edited by Stan Ferrell on 08-28-2016 at 04:07 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-28-2016 03:59 AM
Stan Ferrell is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stan Ferrell Click here to Send Stan Ferrell a Private Message Find more posts by Stan Ferrell Add Stan Ferrell to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dawgg03
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Josh Michaelis
You call them anything you want. Rough, mean, alligator, etc....

But when I say tree ******** I expect it to be there when I get to him, no matter what. If that takes a rough dog, than that's the way I like them.

x2

I use Sunfire lights

Old Post 08-28-2016 04:10 AM
dawgg03 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dawgg03 Click here to Send dawgg03 a Private Message Click Here to Email dawgg03 Find more posts by dawgg03 Add dawgg03 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stan Ferrell
UKC Forum Member

quote:
You call them anything you want. Rough, mean, alligator, etc....

But when I say tree ******** I expect it to be there when I get to him, no matter what. If that takes a rough dog, than that's the way I like them.

Just curious, so do you walk real slow to the tree or do you just ignore the fight , breakem up and score the tree? I know some are "light" trained. The hunts I have been to , if they hear an off bark someone is getting scratched.

Old Post 08-28-2016 04:20 AM
Stan Ferrell is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stan Ferrell Click here to Send Stan Ferrell a Private Message Find more posts by Stan Ferrell Add Stan Ferrell to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Ed zachary
Just curious, so do you walk real slow to the tree or do you just ignore the fight , breakem up and score the tree? I know some are "light" trained. The hunts I have been to , if they hear an off bark someone is getting scratched.

I walk pretty hard, get there when I get there. I have hunted, and still hunt dogs that have fought some, never had one scratched, but was warned once. If you are seeing people getting scratched for an off bark you aren't hunting with the judges I am hunting with.

Like Darrel and others are saying, there is a big difference between a rough dog and a tough dog.

Either way it doesn't mean much to me if someone whose dog won't stay treed thinks mine is mean. Those kind of people always blame their dogs faults on others anyways

Old Post 08-28-2016 04:53 AM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stan Ferrell
UKC Forum Member

You gotta hunt what works for you and makes you happy.

Old Post 08-28-2016 01:29 PM
Jeff Prince
UKC Forum Member

I didn't read the whole thread and no need to. If you knowingly enter a mean dog you are a cheater a poor sportsman and a sorry individual ! You and your P.O.S. should be put down !

Old Post 08-28-2016 02:25 PM
Jeff Prince is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jeff Prince Click here to Send Jeff Prince a Private Message Click Here to Email Jeff Prince Find more posts by Jeff Prince Add Jeff Prince to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I am sorry jeff I won't do it again lol.as I said I won't hunt one that starts it !! That being said I got the world record for the meanest one ever born I had a lot of money in him still got a scar on my arm from him he was the meanest, psychotic , bi polar, alligator known to man he was a well known stud dog I was going to end him one day and got talked out of it I gave him away next thing I know he is $1000 stud fee and on the cover of coonhound bloodlines shows what I know lol !!!

Last edited by yadkintar on 08-28-2016 at 02:53 PM

Old Post 08-28-2016 02:44 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

quote:
I walk pretty hard, get there when I get there. I have hunted, and still hunt dogs that have fought some, never had one scratched, but was warned once. If you are seeing people getting scratched for an off bark you aren't hunting with the judges I am hunting with.

Like Darrel and others are saying, there is a big difference between a rough dog and a tough dog.

Either way it doesn't mean much to me if someone whose dog won't stay treed thinks mine is mean. Those kind of people always blame their dogs faults on others anyways

No need to argue on the computer about what a dog is or isn't. There is no winning these debates nor getting agreements because nearly everyone who replies has bred raised trained and won many world hunts. Just agree with the post and go on.

Old Post 08-28-2016 02:50 PM
high ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for high ridge Click here to Send high ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email high ridge Find more posts by high ridge Add high ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MIKE CARDER
UKC Forum Member

Judges

quote:

I hope that I don't hunt with them either. If they will over look that rule what other rule or rules are they over looking?

Phone number 270-820-5560

Old Post 08-28-2016 03:00 PM
MIKE CARDER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MIKE CARDER Click here to Send MIKE CARDER a Private Message Click Here to Email MIKE CARDER Find more posts by MIKE CARDER Add MIKE CARDER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

Nobodies dog is mean just like no ones child is a little butthole. Lol

Old Post 08-28-2016 03:05 PM
high ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for high ridge Click here to Send high ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email high ridge Find more posts by high ridge Add high ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jackson87
UKC Forum Member

So if my dog backs yours and gets gutted its ok?It would prolly happen so fast that nobody would see who started.Id be left with vet bills and your ill dog wins.Im not trying to argue with anyone.Just seeing how the average coon hunter thinks.I had a bad feeling most were ok with it.

Old Post 08-28-2016 03:18 PM
Jackson87 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jackson87 Click here to Send Jackson87 a Private Message Find more posts by Jackson87 Add Jackson87 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Jackson87
So if my dog backs yours and gets gutted its ok?It would prolly happen so fast that nobody would see who started.Id be left with vet bills and your ill dog wins.Im not trying to argue with anyone.Just seeing how the average coon hunter thinks.I had a bad feeling most were ok with it.

I think you are being a bit dramatic, but yes, it wouldn't bother me, no matter what end of it I was on.

Old Post 08-28-2016 03:25 PM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Not ok with it at all but there is a lot of difference in going to your local club and driving 800 miles to a hunt with $1000, s of dollars on the line if I have to tell you to train at home then you don't understand what it takes to compete at that level you have to test your dog in all senerios before you ever compete at that level if you got a dog that that quits on you every times somthing goes wrong my advice to you is stay home because it's going to happen and much much more ain't nobody going to give you nothing those boys ain't playing it's just anouther day at the office for them jmo.

Old Post 08-28-2016 03:33 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doug Bowers
UKC Forum Member

If you hunting a mean dog, and you get 3 scratches. The owner, handler should be barred

PKC SCH UKC DUAL GRAND TOUCAN SAM SEMEN

Also home to;ACHA LWSCH 'PR' Kentucky River Mundar ~ Sire is Kentucky River Rowdy (frozen Semen) BMOB 2013 Winter Classic
House's Lipper Hope x Kentucky River Rowdy
Broken Road's LITTLE TEXAS
LIPPERS STYLISH ROOSTER AT STUD
LIPPERS LITTLE TEXAS AT STUD.

"The WILL of God will never take you where the GRACE of God can not protect you

Old Post 08-28-2016 03:43 PM
Doug Bowers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doug Bowers Click here to Send Doug Bowers a Private Message Click Here to Email Doug Bowers Find more posts by Doug Bowers Add Doug Bowers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AppalachianBlue
UKC Forum Member

I wont hunt a mean dog in a hunt. But i dint mind if my dog stood up for himself. Id do the same thing if someone hit me. But i will give u a warnin. If im standin there and ur dog comes in and lays into me or my dog, i will lay it out.

Call or txt 443- 262-5663
www.facebook.com/appalachianblues
AppalachianBluesKennel@gmail.com

UKC WTDA Registered

Appalachian Blues Kennel
CH PR Walkin After Midnight
GRFCH GRCH NITECH PR Appalachian Blue Catfish HTX ( ACHA SC CHT TC )
- 2015 Qualified for World Show
- 2016 Performance Sire
- Final four Pink Hunt, 2nd place reg
- 2017 Performance Sire
NCH CH Pr Appalachian Blue Luna
GRFCH WCH Pr Appalachian Blue Raven

Mountain feist WTDA BNCH Meadow Mountain Joker

Chocolate Lab...Banjo. Waterfowl buddy.

Old Post 08-28-2016 04:23 PM
AppalachianBlue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AppalachianBlue Click here to Send AppalachianBlue a Private Message Click Here to Email AppalachianBlue Find more posts by AppalachianBlue Add AppalachianBlue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I would expect you to correct my dog if I wasent there to do it and he needed it but if your gonna do it give him a goodun.

Old Post 08-28-2016 04:38 PM
AppalachianBlue
UKC Forum Member

I hate to. But iv had to do it twice now. Once i was leashin my dog on the tree and another dog came outa nowhere. I drilled it. Left us alone after that. And once pleasure huntin. Knocked one out mine and a buddies was playin wit it for a few min. Thats why i dont understand this one. But my buds dog finally dropped it and layed into my dogs ribs. And again...

UKC WTDA Registered

Appalachian Blues Kennel
- 2016 Performance Sire
- 2017 Performance Sire

Old Post 08-28-2016 04:55 PM
AppalachianBlue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AppalachianBlue Click here to Send AppalachianBlue a Private Message Click Here to Email AppalachianBlue Find more posts by AppalachianBlue Add AppalachianBlue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stan Ferrell
UKC Forum Member

I am so confused, is it alright for my dog to fight as long as he is just sticking up for himself and just being strong or not?

Old Post 08-28-2016 06:22 PM
AppalachianBlue
UKC Forum Member

In ukc if theres a known aggressor then u scratch the aggressor.

UKC WTDA Registered

Appalachian Blues Kennel
- 2016 Performance Sire
- 2017 Performance Sire

Old Post 08-28-2016 06:26 PM
Stan Ferrell
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by AppalachianBlue
In ukc if theres a known aggressor then u scratch the aggressor.
I believe it says, if known, if not then all dogs involved. That is what is so confusing, I cannot find the part about not scratching when defending or just being "strong".

Old Post 08-28-2016 06:33 PM
blue blue
UKC Forum Member

Actually

If you walk into tree and your dog is standing there treeing as it should and another dog jumps on top of him and starts eating him up it is alright for your dog to fight that dog. That dog should be scratched and your dog and others should continue the hunt by ukc rules.

Old Post 08-28-2016 06:42 PM
blue blue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blue blue Click here to Send blue blue a Private Message Click Here to Email blue blue Find more posts by blue blue Add blue blue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Night Shift
UKC Forum Member

What if two dogs are treeing front of you and two dogs behind you. You hear a fight break out behind you. Do scratch the two that were at that tree even though you didn't see the fight.

Gr Nt Ch Maniac's Dark Side of the Moon

Old Post 08-28-2016 07:14 PM
Night Shift is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Night Shift Click here to Send Night Shift a Private Message Click Here to Email Night Shift Find more posts by Night Shift Add Night Shift to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AppalachianBlue
UKC Forum Member

Yes.

UKC WTDA Registered

Appalachian Blues Kennel
- 2016 Performance Sire
- 2017 Performance Sire

Old Post 08-28-2016 07:17 PM
Night Shift
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by AppalachianBlue
Yes.
agreed just seeing what everyone else would do. Some would try to argue it lol

Gr Nt Ch Maniac's Dark Side of the Moon

Old Post 08-28-2016 07:21 PM
Night Shift is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Night Shift Click here to Send Night Shift a Private Message Click Here to Email Night Shift Find more posts by Night Shift Add Night Shift to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AppalachianBlue
UKC Forum Member

Thats why havin a dog that stands his ground and dont start it will still get in trouble. An innocent dog. Thats why i cant stand when people hunt a known mean dog. But even if ur dogs a wuss and cowers away itl still get minus tree points for leavin. But atleast it wont get wrote up.

UKC WTDA Registered

Appalachian Blues Kennel
- 2016 Performance Sire
- 2017 Performance Sire

Old Post 08-28-2016 07:26 PM