UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Powder Coated Dog Kennels ??
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Mark Pruemer
UKC Forum Member

Powder Coated Dog Kennels ??

Looking to buy 3 4x10x6 (4ft wide 10ft deep and 6ft high) kennels. I cant find any. Does anybody know if this size is available? I can find 5x10x6 Or 5x15x6 but not 4x10x6. at Menards. Thanks for any info.
Mark P 217-663-8655

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-22-2016 11:02 PM
Mark Pruemer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mark Pruemer Click here to Send Mark Pruemer a Private Message Find more posts by Mark Pruemer Add Mark Pruemer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
POTOMAC
UKC Forum Member

Most are 5x10 mark and what they call powder coating is a joke I had some 10x10x6 that were powder coated yeah rite powder coatingg doesn't come off ever if it's done rite!!anyway I have cut them down and welding galvanized posts back in going to blast them all down and under coat inside and put Berliner over the outside they should last as long as any after !! But back to the original question I know there are a few places that will custom build kennels out of aluminum and stainless and do whatever soze you want but you better be ready to pay !!!! Lol

Old Post 08-23-2016 12:39 AM
POTOMAC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for POTOMAC Click here to Send POTOMAC a Private Message Find more posts by POTOMAC Add POTOMAC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
myhosss
UKC Forum Member

Kennels

TWO PART EPOXY PAINT LAST A LONG TIME.

Old Post 08-23-2016 02:04 AM
myhosss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for myhosss Click here to Send myhosss a Private Message Find more posts by myhosss Add myhosss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gcblues
UKC Forum Member

Kennels

Look at Blake iversons kennels on vendor page

Old Post 08-23-2016 02:21 AM
gcblues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gcblues Click here to Send gcblues a Private Message Find more posts by gcblues Add gcblues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darrell Eads
UKC Forum Member

I can make any size you need and as many runs as you need

Old Post 08-23-2016 04:52 PM
Darrell Eads is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Darrell Eads Click here to Send Darrell Eads a Private Message Click Here to Email Darrell Eads Find more posts by Darrell Eads Add Darrell Eads to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Atherton
UKC Forum Member

The kennels from Menards are too flexible at the joints of the panels and tend to fold. My old kennels were falling apart fast, and for convenience got the ones from Menards. I don't think they will hold up.

Aim small miss small

Old Post 08-23-2016 06:22 PM
Larry Atherton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Atherton Click here to Send Larry Atherton a Private Message Click Here to Email Larry Atherton Visit Larry Atherton's homepage! Find more posts by Larry Atherton Add Larry Atherton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doug Terrell
UKC Forum Member

Eads can make whatever you want

Phone # 937-213-1779

Old Post 08-23-2016 06:58 PM
Doug Terrell is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doug Terrell Click here to Send Doug Terrell a Private Message Click Here to Email Doug Terrell Find more posts by Doug Terrell Add Doug Terrell to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mark Pruemer
UKC Forum Member

D Eads

Whats your ph number?

Thanks

Mark P 217 663 8655

Old Post 08-23-2016 10:48 PM
Mark Pruemer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mark Pruemer Click here to Send Mark Pruemer a Private Message Find more posts by Mark Pruemer Add Mark Pruemer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Huntnharris
UKC Forum Member

We build above ground kennels out of treated lumber, can build any size you want. Not that far from you either.

www.harrishoundsupply.net

Old Post 08-23-2016 10:56 PM
Huntnharris is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Huntnharris Click here to Send Huntnharris a Private Message Click Here to Email Huntnharris Visit Huntnharris's homepage! Find more posts by Huntnharris Add Huntnharris to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mark Pruemer
UKC Forum Member

Is chain link the better way to go??

My plan is to put 3 kennels on concrete,with a gutter in front.

The size will b 4x10x6 Or 5x10x6 with dog houses sitting behind

kennel.

All opinions appreciated.

Old Post 08-24-2016 03:30 AM
coonsmen
UKC Forum Member

i would venture to guess you will have to have them special ordered or even custom built which would cost you alot more than just adding the extra into concrete poor.

Old Post 08-24-2016 07:29 AM
coonsmen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coonsmen Click here to Send coonsmen a Private Message Click Here to Email coonsmen Find more posts by coonsmen Add coonsmen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
randy steadman
UKC Forum Member

COST IS THE MAIN THING COST ????????"? HOW ABOUT A NEW GARMIN

Old Post 08-24-2016 01:56 PM
randy steadman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for randy steadman Click here to Send randy steadman a Private Message Find more posts by randy steadman Add randy steadman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
treestroker
UKC Forum Member

priefert

those are the one's I have there powdercoated and served their purpose well. IF I was going to build my own I would use corn crib wire and rino line it.

Old Post 08-24-2016 02:51 PM
treestroker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for treestroker Click here to Send treestroker a Private Message Find more posts by treestroker Add treestroker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
danny buechler
UKC Forum Member

I got mine from our local Superior Ag. co-op that are hot dipped galvanized. They were a little more money but still look like new. I will see it they still have the brand name on them.

Old Post 08-24-2016 02:52 PM
danny buechler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for danny buechler Click here to Send danny buechler a Private Message Click Here to Email danny buechler Find more posts by danny buechler Add danny buechler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bmoss
UKC Forum Member

Don't use chain link. The dog urine will eat through it like battery acid

Old Post 08-24-2016 05:40 PM
bmoss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bmoss Click here to Send bmoss a Private Message Find more posts by bmoss Add bmoss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
POTOMAC
UKC Forum Member

Welded wore is the only way to go Imo but the urine will eat thru the tube faster them the wire ! But it will eat that that tube up !! If you get a decent deal just a thought even if they are galvanized are not I would buy a gallon of the bed liner from tsc and roll them with that while they are new and they should last a good long while !!!in expensive security or insurance Imo actually I am putting undercoating inside and recap them and Berliner on outside !!! I don't want to have to fool with them for many years !!!

Old Post 08-24-2016 07:18 PM
POTOMAC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for POTOMAC Click here to Send POTOMAC a Private Message Find more posts by POTOMAC Add POTOMAC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mark Pruemer
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for the feed back. keep it coming.

Steadman

I gota watch how I spend MY OWN MONEY. I dont have FINLEY

backing me on everything and paying all expenses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL

Old Post 08-24-2016 10:58 PM
strauser
UKC Forum Member

My kennels are all Menards brand, I rinse mine out and spray the bottoms everyday 5 years old and still like new the bolts that come with the clamps are garbage replaced all of mine with carriage bolts and lock nuts and tightened them with a cordless impact they are solid , except the panel I ran over with the skid loader it doesn't look very nice.....The one on the end is made of well pipe and old wire grain bin panels, had to make a custom size for the end pen.

Old Post 08-25-2016 12:24 AM
strauser is offline Click Here to See the Profile for strauser Click here to Send strauser a Private Message Find more posts by strauser Add strauser to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
randy steadman
UKC Forum Member

Mark see you soon I will buy you a coke

Old Post 08-25-2016 02:20 AM
randy steadman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for randy steadman Click here to Send randy steadman a Private Message Find more posts by randy steadman Add randy steadman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mark Pruemer
UKC Forum Member

I might just take u up on the coke JED, I mean RANDY. LOL

Old Post 08-25-2016 11:36 PM
Mark Pruemer
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for the pics Strauser. Nice set up.

Old Post 08-28-2016 01:31 AM
Larry Atherton
UKC Forum Member

Strauser,

I also replaced all the hardware with galvanized clamps and carriage bolts. I also doubled the number of clamps on mine. I don't have an impact wrench. Maybe that is why my panels fold at the joints when a dog jumps on them. I ended up placing cement blocks on the ground at the joints.

Aim small miss small

Old Post 08-28-2016 06:02 PM
Larry Atherton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Atherton Click here to Send Larry Atherton a Private Message Click Here to Email Larry Atherton Visit Larry Atherton's homepage! Find more posts by Larry Atherton Add Larry Atherton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
micooner
UKC Forum Member

Check out tk products llc Looks like the type of kennel that will last unlike tractor supply or menards, All my panels rusted on the bottom after a year or so all they offered was a 10 percent discount on any new ones i purchased.

Old Post 08-29-2016 01:45 AM
micooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for micooner Click here to Send micooner a Private Message Click Here to Email micooner Find more posts by micooner Add micooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Laura Bell
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by strauser
My kennels are all Menards brand, I rinse mine out and spray the bottoms everyday 5 years old and still like new the bolts that come with the clamps are garbage replaced all of mine with carriage bolts and lock nuts and tightened them with a cordless impact they are solid , except the panel I ran over with the skid loader it doesn't look very nice.....The one on the end is made of well pipe and old wire grain bin panels, had to make a custom size for the end pen.
[/URL]

Very nice setup! What does the building part look like? Are there boxes inside or ???

Old Post 08-29-2016 12:50 PM
Laura Bell is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Laura Bell Click here to Send Laura Bell a Private Message Click Here to Email Laura Bell Find more posts by Laura Bell Add Laura Bell to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
buck brush
UKC Forum Member

Mark I sent you a PM

gone but will never be forgotten

PR Van Dusen's Hanna o/h
NTCH PR Buck Brush Little Maggie o/h
NTCH PR Buck Brush Little Mickey o/h
PR Buck Brush Copper o/h
D NTCH PR Crooked Oak Boss o/h
D NtCH PR Alford's Alibi h
NTCH PR Alford's Hatchet h
NT CH PR Mill's Dotty h

Old Post 08-29-2016 03:56 PM
buck brush is offline Click Here to See the Profile for buck brush Click here to Send buck brush a Private Message Click Here to Email buck brush Find more posts by buck brush Add buck brush to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote