UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Pleasure hunt Challenge
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
fatherof4
UKC Forum Member

Pleasure hunt Challenge

I have been off work since the middle of June due to getting my hands fixed. I had my first surgery on June 13 for Carpal Tunnel Syndrom. And had the other hand (right) cut on Monday. So needless to say I have spent lot's of time "internet hunting". I have read lots and lots of posts on here about this and that and got me to thinking. What if you was challenged to pick someone from the long list of people that you see posting on here and set up a hunt with one of them and then just go hunting with them. I would further that challenge to look for someone that is older or younger than you. I am 41 so I could go younger or older. But I think it would be good to get out and meet new people and make new friends. I like to travel and meet new people and hunt with different dogs. And I am putting this on here to see if others feel the same way. I will need a few weeks to get a handle on this fresh cut hand but then would enjoy kicking off the challenge. So, what y'all think?

Ch GrNiteCh. Ch. Ramey's Oakwood Woody
PR Ramey's Crockett Rose
NITECH CH PR Hardin-Williams Spider
PR Ramey's Lute

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-25-2016 04:35 AM
fatherof4 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fatherof4 Click here to Send fatherof4 a Private Message Click Here to Email fatherof4 Find more posts by fatherof4 Add fatherof4 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jeff Prince
UKC Forum Member

You're up first ( as soon as you're able ) I live at Rover that's near Plainview if you didn't know. We're not very far apart. Just so you know all I have right now is a year old pup but she'll hunt run and tree and no trash so far. Just let me know when you're ready and we'll go!

Old Post 08-25-2016 06:46 PM
Jeff Prince is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jeff Prince Click here to Send Jeff Prince a Private Message Click Here to Email Jeff Prince Find more posts by Jeff Prince Add Jeff Prince to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Melblank
UKC Forum Member

This sounds great. I can travel a bit this winter. I have a lot of ground here around campbellsburg ky. If someone is interested post your # and I will text you.

Old Post 08-25-2016 10:12 PM
Melblank is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Melblank Click here to Send Melblank a Private Message Find more posts by Melblank Add Melblank to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mnb&t
UKC Forum Member

matt from northern nebraska and ive met and hunted with many hound hunters off the board. had a lot of fun hunts and made some lifelong friends.

Old Post 08-26-2016 09:01 AM
mnb&t is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mnb&t Click here to Send mnb&t a Private Message Find more posts by mnb&t Add mnb&t to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wvcoonrunner
UKC Forum Member

This is a great idea, if you travel for the hunts you get the opportunity to meet new people but sometimes the competition part gets too much for some people to handle and they're not a pleasure to hunt with. I think this would be a great thing to do. Elk Garden, WV here, I'd be willing to travel or have anyone come here to hunt anytime. I don't have much going right now but I'm always willing to follow someone else's dog around

Old Post 08-26-2016 02:07 PM
wvcoonrunner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wvcoonrunner Find more posts by wvcoonrunner Add wvcoonrunner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fatherof4
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Prince
You're up first ( as soon as you're able ) I live at Rover that's near Plainview if you didn't know. We're not very far apart. Just so you know all I have right now is a year old pup but she'll hunt run and tree and no trash so far. Just let me know when you're ready and we'll go!

Your on. This is exactly the kind of responses I was hoping to get. I hunt Plainview and Dover quite a bit and so I probably travel right past your house all the time. As soon as I can I will give you a holler.

PR Ramey's Crockett Rose
PR Ramey's Lute

Old Post 08-26-2016 07:02 PM
fatherof4 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fatherof4 Click here to Send fatherof4 a Private Message Click Here to Email fatherof4 Find more posts by fatherof4 Add fatherof4 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fatherof4
UKC Forum Member

Melblank, mnb&t and wvcoonrunner we are a long ways apart. I'm not gonna say we will never meet cause you never know. But I would encourage y'all to try and get this going around your neck of the woods. And hey, you never know, we might meet up down the road. Some of the best lessons learned and best stories ever told were told by an old man in the coon woods or sitting on the tailgate in the coon woods and it's hard to hear those good stories at a comp. hunt.

PR Ramey's Crockett Rose
PR Ramey's Lute

Old Post 08-26-2016 07:36 PM
Jeff Prince
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by fatherof4
Your on. This is exactly the kind of responses I was hoping to get. I hunt Plainview and Dover quite a bit and so I probably travel right past your house all the time. As soon as I can I will give you a holler.

Sounds good holler anytime ! 479-355-1373

Old Post 08-26-2016 08:05 PM
Jeff Prince is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jeff Prince Click here to Send Jeff Prince a Private Message Click Here to Email Jeff Prince Find more posts by Jeff Prince Add Jeff Prince to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fatherof4
UKC Forum Member

Does this interest anybody? I really figured more people would be on board.

PR Ramey's Crockett Rose
PR Ramey's Lute

Old Post 08-29-2016 05:15 PM
tony.beals
UKC Forum Member

Invite

Always like hunting with new people. My late father would hunt with almost anyone he met. That is how we got our first Plott hound. Guys from down south hunting up here and unfortunatly got caught hunting before non-residents could legally hunt and had a $300 dollar ticket and needed to raise money to pay ticket. I welcome anyone who would like to come here and hunt, have about 3 to 4 thousand acres of public land along a slow moving river. Excellent coon hunting.

MSG, US ARMY RETIRED
President of Michigan State United Coon Hunters Association

Old Post 08-29-2016 05:33 PM
tony.beals is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tony.beals Click here to Send tony.beals a Private Message Click Here to Email tony.beals Find more posts by tony.beals Add tony.beals to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MR.RATMAN
Banned

Iowa

Iowa hide season opens up November 5th anyone wanting to come for a hunt is more than welcome. I have plenty of private ground and a nice 3 year old B&T male you may enjoy hunting with.

PKC CH Byers Boogar Hollow D
( Mojo On Tap X Midnight Fly )

Old Post 08-29-2016 05:43 PM
MR.RATMAN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MR.RATMAN Click here to Send MR.RATMAN a Private Message Click Here to Email MR.RATMAN Find more posts by MR.RATMAN Add MR.RATMAN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fatherof4
UKC Forum Member

Sound like ya'll got some beautiful hunting grounds.

PR Ramey's Crockett Rose
PR Ramey's Lute

Old Post 08-29-2016 06:40 PM
AppalachianBlue
UKC Forum Member

I thought of an idea months ago but im to dumb to come up wit it. Id prolly make money. But there should be a app that itd show u as a pin point on a google map. And at any radius ur willing to go to there would show other pin points of any one else logged in ready to hunt. Almost like online datin but not. Just online hunt buds. Ud just click on theyre icon and get theyre name and number. Call em up. Be like i see ur loadin up the dogs wanna meet up?

Call or txt 443- 262-5663
www.facebook.com/appalachianblues
AppalachianBluesKennel@gmail.com

UKC WTDA Registered

Appalachian Blues Kennel
CH PR Walkin After Midnight
GRFCH GRCH NITECH PR Appalachian Blue Catfish HTX ( ACHA SC CHT TC )
- 2015 Qualified for World Show
- 2016 Performance Sire
- Final four Pink Hunt, 2nd place reg
- 2017 Performance Sire
NCH CH Pr Appalachian Blue Luna
GRFCH WCH Pr Appalachian Blue Raven

Mountain feist WTDA BNCH Meadow Mountain Joker

Chocolate Lab...Banjo. Waterfowl buddy.

Old Post 08-29-2016 10:32 PM
AppalachianBlue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AppalachianBlue Click here to Send AppalachianBlue a Private Message Click Here to Email AppalachianBlue Find more posts by AppalachianBlue Add AppalachianBlue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jeff Prince
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by AppalachianBlue
I thought of an idea months ago but im to dumb to come up wit it. Id prolly make money. But there should be a app that itd show u as a pin point on a google map. And at any radius ur willing to go to there would show other pin points of any one else logged in ready to hunt. Almost like online datin but not. Just online hunt buds. Ud just click on theyre icon and get theyre name and number. Call em up. Be like i see ur loadin up the dogs wanna meet up?

I'd buy that app . Especially if it showed a pink dot for ladies who wanted to go coon hunting !

Old Post 08-29-2016 11:07 PM
AppalachianBlue
UKC Forum Member

Watch out. Might get one of em tranny coon hunters lol. I do wish i knew how to create this app. I believe itd work and i could get paid.

Call or txt 443- 262-5663
www.facebook.com/appalachianblues
AppalachianBluesKennel@gmail.com

UKC WTDA Registered

Appalachian Blues Kennel
CH PR Walkin After Midnight
GRFCH GRCH NITECH PR Appalachian Blue Catfish HTX ( ACHA SC CHT TC )
- 2015 Qualified for World Show
- 2016 Performance Sire
- Final four Pink Hunt, 2nd place reg
- 2017 Performance Sire
NCH CH Pr Appalachian Blue Luna
GRFCH WCH Pr Appalachian Blue Raven

Mountain feist WTDA BNCH Meadow Mountain Joker

Chocolate Lab...Banjo. Waterfowl buddy.

Old Post 08-29-2016 11:21 PM
AppalachianBlue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AppalachianBlue Click here to Send AppalachianBlue a Private Message Click Here to Email AppalachianBlue Find more posts by AppalachianBlue Add AppalachianBlue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
morgan branch
UKC Forum Member

I will take the challenge. I am in south east iowa with plenty of public and private ground to hunt. We have some pretty good fishing too. Anyone is welcome to come and go for a hunt and i will do my best to show ya a good hunt. I have made friends all over the country through coon huntin and am always glad to meet some new ones. I'm sure not gonna brag on my hounds cause i have seen better but have also seen worse but they will tree a coon every now and then. If anyone is interested drop me a pm and we will try to make it happen. mike

Old Post 08-30-2016 03:10 AM
morgan branch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for morgan branch Click here to Send morgan branch a Private Message Find more posts by morgan branch Add morgan branch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

hunt

If anyone is headed to Iowa to hunt with morgan branch, I'm 3 hrs. north of him Or 60 miles from MR RATMAN, so just stay another night & stop in. Almost 70, so I walk slow, but we'll get there. That's why we have 'tree' dogs right!! Take care, Ron

Old Post 08-30-2016 04:50 AM
Rolin Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rolin Blues Click here to Send Rolin Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Rolin Blues Add Rolin Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DRhodes
UKC Forum Member

Mr Ramey did you used to own a lil English female named Suzy?!?!? Almost all white??

Old Post 08-30-2016 04:02 PM
DRhodes is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DRhodes Click here to Send DRhodes a Private Message Find more posts by DRhodes Add DRhodes to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hayseedlady
UKC Forum Member

I'll add another Iowa stopping point, my 500 acres & neighboring farms welcome coonhunters. Only rule is drop the meat. Once the corn comes out the fields will be full of hungry coons. Fence rows trees look like they have Christmas lights when you shine them.

I'm 45 minutes West of Des Moines, just off I-80. It's pretty rough & wild countryside.

Old Post 08-30-2016 05:04 PM
Hayseedlady is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hayseedlady Click here to Send Hayseedlady a Private Message Click Here to Email Hayseedlady Find more posts by Hayseedlady Add Hayseedlady to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fatherof4
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by DRhodes
Mr Ramey did you used to own a lil English female named Suzy?!?!? Almost all white??

Yes sir. Little Suzie.

PR Ramey's Crockett Rose
PR Ramey's Lute

Old Post 08-30-2016 05:12 PM
fatherof4
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by AppalachianBlue

Just out of curiosity, I did a google search on it. I typed in "how to develope an app" and got instant results. So I would encourage you to go for it, cause if it's that easy then one of us may "borrow" your idea. LOL go for it!!!

PR Ramey's Crockett Rose
PR Ramey's Lute

Old Post 08-30-2016 05:39 PM
DRhodes
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by fatherof4
Yes sir. Little Suzie.

My buddy Toby has her now. I was thinking it was a Ramey that used to have her from up that way. Maybe we can get together and go one night. I'm sure Toby would be up for it.

Old Post 08-30-2016 07:04 PM
DRhodes is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DRhodes Click here to Send DRhodes a Private Message Find more posts by DRhodes Add DRhodes to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fatherof4
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by DRhodes
My buddy Toby has her now. I was thinking it was a Ramey that used to have her from up that way. Maybe we can get together and go one night. I'm sure Toby would be up for it.

Sounds like a plan.

PR Ramey's Crockett Rose
PR Ramey's Lute

Old Post 08-31-2016 01:22 AM