UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > How many slams/mini slams
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Sfox91
UKC Forum Member

How many slams/mini slams

Is there a limited # of slam/mini slam hunts a club can hold per year? And why aren’t more clubs doing them? It could be my fault for not checking the schedule much, but after Jan 1 I will try to get my 5 cast wins for the $$$ hunt, would rather go to slam hunts because they pay back.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-12-2019 07:32 PM
Sfox91 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sfox91 Click here to Send Sfox91 a Private Message Click Here to Email Sfox91 Find more posts by Sfox91 Add Sfox91 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nathan Phenix
UKC Forum Member

A club is allowed 7 dates to hold hunts they can have everyone be slam if they choose. Also can have double header and counts as only one hunt so actually club could have 14 slam hunts by having 7 double headers.

They are several clubs that had few this year I believe just testing water. I think you will see lot more slam hunts next year.

Bayou Creek Black and Tan’s

Nathan Phenix
417-255-5697

Old Post 09-12-2019 07:52 PM
Nathan Phenix is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nathan Phenix Click here to Send Nathan Phenix a Private Message Find more posts by Nathan Phenix Add Nathan Phenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sfox91
UKC Forum Member

Would like to see more 2 hr slam/mini slam in east central Indiana

Old Post 09-12-2019 08:18 PM
Sfox91 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sfox91 Click here to Send Sfox91 a Private Message Click Here to Email Sfox91 Find more posts by Sfox91 Add Sfox91 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
delta slough
UKC Forum Member

I think a lot of clubs stay away from the slam hunts because there is very little profit for the club after payouts and ukc fees. A lot of clubs rely on the profit on ukc hunts that don't award anything to the winners.This is one reason ukc hunts have lost entries.

Old Post 09-12-2019 11:46 PM
delta slough is offline Click Here to See the Profile for delta slough Find more posts by delta slough Add delta slough to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Treedoggmafia
UKC Forum Member

But slam hunts seem to draw more entries.....

5$ profit x 20 entries = 100$

10$ profit x 5 entries = 50$

There holding qualifying slams also....seen one club hold a qualifying slam on a Friday night and another the next night....seemed to draw good numbers!

Old Post 09-13-2019 05:35 AM
Treedoggmafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Treedoggmafia Click here to Send Treedoggmafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Treedoggmafia Find more posts by Treedoggmafia Add Treedoggmafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote