UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > One..Day..Closer
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
TylerOSU
UKC Forum Member

One..Day..Closer

As we all know it Thanksgiving is about spending time with family and friends, but for me it's also about being one day closer to the end of deer season. Oklahoma rifle season closes on Sunday and I couldn't be more happy! I'm a deer hunter but more of an avid 4-7 night a week coon hunter. We can fight tooth and nail with the crazy deer hunters until the end but we will lose every time. With that being said I let my deer hunters have their 2 months of hunting. If I get to hunt 10 months out of the year I suppose they can have it for 2! Sure am missing my 3,000 acres of pecan bottoms!

Team Mafia
2022 UKC World Champion
2019-2022 UKC World Qualifier
2019 Ok Prohunt Semi-finalist
2019 Spring SS Top 20
20,21, and 23 OK State PKC Champion
2020 Spring SS Top 7
2019-2023 PKC National Qualifier
2020-2023 TOC Qualifier
2020 UKC Top 100
2022 UKC Top 100
2023 JOY Super Hunt Champion
2022 UKC WORLDCH PKC PCH CH GRNTCH3 "Get Gone Jenna"
DOB- 9/30/2017

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-21-2018 02:41 PM
TylerOSU is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TylerOSU Click here to Send TylerOSU a Private Message Click Here to Email TylerOSU Find more posts by TylerOSU Add TylerOSU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Amen to that we get all the ones on this public land that they kick off the deer leases. They don't hurt the deer population much but they are heck on the armadillos and beer cans lol.

Tar

Old Post 11-21-2018 02:48 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TylerOSU
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
public land

What's that?! Here GRDA owns our "public land" and we aren't allowed on it. Chey and I actually nearly got tickets a couple weeks ago because we crossed the fence onto them to get our dogs 40 yards across it in the middle of BFE. They were watching us on infrared the whole time...

Team Mafia
2022 UKC World Champion
2019 Spring SS Top 20
2020 Spring SS Top 7
2020-2023 TOC Qualifier
2020 UKC Top 100
2022 UKC Top 100
DOB- 9/30/2017

Old Post 11-21-2018 03:14 PM
TylerOSU is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TylerOSU Click here to Send TylerOSU a Private Message Click Here to Email TylerOSU Find more posts by TylerOSU Add TylerOSU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Same thing here first 9 days no dogs and rifle season till December 1rst. I didn't even try to kill a deer this year kids gave us half a beef it's just us two here now.

Tar

Old Post 11-21-2018 03:25 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TylerOSU
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Same thing here first 9 days no dogs and rifle season till December 1rst. I didn't even try to kill a deer this year kids gave us half a beef it's just us two here now.

Tar

I have a freezer full of corn fed beef... I prefer it over deer 10/10 times!

Team Mafia
2022 UKC World Champion
2019 Spring SS Top 20
2020 Spring SS Top 7
2020-2023 TOC Qualifier
2020 UKC Top 100
2022 UKC Top 100
DOB- 9/30/2017

Old Post 11-21-2018 03:52 PM
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

I would just like to have 3000 acres of pecan bottoms to hunt anytime. Hunting ground is pretty hard to come by here except for WMA and it's pretty rough/

Old Post 11-21-2018 04:30 PM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dogwhisper
UKC Forum Member

here in Michigan (sw) deer hunters exit the woods at dusk and i (we) drop dogs till dawn. We both use the same parking /camp lot .. ...we share the woods occasionally i have an uninformed deer hunter but I dont make his ignorance an issue.

Old Post 11-21-2018 04:47 PM
Dogwhisper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dogwhisper Click here to Send Dogwhisper a Private Message Find more posts by Dogwhisper Add Dogwhisper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TylerOSU
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Preacher Tom
I would just like to have 3000 acres of pecan bottoms to hunt anytime. Hunting ground is pretty hard to come by here except for WMA and it's pretty rough/

I miss driving to all my trees! No but when Dec 1st gets here I have 3 pups that are about to get coons poured on them! And what better place than a pecan bottom where the farmers hate them anyways?!