UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Redbones: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Rabble Rouser...Next generations...
Pages (115): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Update

I talked to Mark this afternoon and he told me he qualified Shaker at the RQE out west with a cast win last night. Nothing pretty but a cast win just the same. Congratulations to Mark and Shaker!...By the way...that makes 3 wins towards Grand Nite Ch. already...and he's not even a fully finished coon dog yet. Watch out for this guy as he matures, he's going to be a handful for anyone who draws him, especially where there's a good coon population.

Only two pups left here out of Yank and Angel, one male that we'll be keeping to start and a little female going down to southern Iowa to my good friend Aaron. They both get all over a drag rag already and they're both all over the place when you open the kennel gate. They're inquisitive and outgoing and as happy as heck to sit down in front of you and get some lovin'. We'll be looking forward to seeing how they turn on as we move them forward with their training.

We finally got good rain over the last couple of days and it's a blessing for sure. We needed the moisture bad for crops and for hunting. It got hot today and it's supposed to stay that way for a few days but...what the heck...it's summer time. Once the corn gets another week or two on it, we'll be hitting the corn fields and we'll start working on getting these hounds in shape again for the fall season.

I heard from the young man who won the pup after bidding to support the youth hunt last winter and early spring. He got a nice male out of the Yank and Val cross and he tells me that the pup is getting after a cage coon real good and slinging slobber all over the place. He's just coming 5 months old on the 13th of August so he's acting like what we're used to seeing. These are the oldest pups out of Yank. Even though they're young yet, it's good to see that they're acting similar to pups from our good ones of the past.

Yank can give you a good shot of T-Top blood in your females if you're willing to take a chance on a young dog out of a long line of reproducers, he's got blood from all of our best running through his veins.

Unrealistic expectations are a roadblock to success, judge your dogs by what they are ready to give not by what you wish they'd do.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-09-2009 01:04 AM
topdog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for topdog Click here to Send topdog a Private Message Click Here to Email topdog Visit topdog's homepage! Find more posts by topdog Add topdog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dirtywhboy
UKC Forum Member

Congrats to Mark and Shaker on another win. Another step closer to Dual Grand.

Tom i have an 8 month old female here that acts just like her daddy did at that age. I was thinking of crossing her on Shaker, Though it will be a few years down the road. How do you think that will stack up? It would be a full uncle to niece cross.

...............GRNITECH PR T-TOP TREE Talkin Red Rat
..........GRNITECH GRCH PR T-TOP Rabble Rouser
...............GRNITECH GRCH PR T-TOP Rock-N-Red Raven
GRCH NITECH Shaker
...............GRNITECH South Branch Midnite Pete
..........GRNITECH CH Zuks Red Pride Page
................NITECH PR Branch River Ice Age Sage

...............GRNITECH GRCH Pr T-Top Rabble Rouser
..........Deep Woods Red Renegade DNA-P
...............GRNITECH PR Zuks Red Pride Page
Pr Deep Woods Dixie Dawn
...............GRNITECH PR CEdarfork Valley Woodpecker
..........Deepwoods Double Deuce DNA-VIP (3 2nds and a 7th)
...............NITECH Poseys Ragged Ridge Nite Breeze

Last edited by dirtywhboy on 08-10-2009 at 12:25 AM

Old Post 08-10-2009 12:06 AM
dirtywhboy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dirtywhboy Click here to Send dirtywhboy a Private Message Find more posts by dirtywhboy Add dirtywhboy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pastor Mike
UKC Forum Member

Shadow

Dual Grand Soggy Bottom T-Top Shadow is now home. She has been in west virginia getting into shape. She was hunted in the WV State on Saturday night and lost winning grand by 25pts. the dog that beat her was the grand winner....a black and tan dog.

The young man who hunted shadow for me kept a count of the coon he saw with her each night. She was hunted 27 times and he looked right at 60 coons. pretty nice.

GRNTCH GRCH 'PR' Soggy Bottom The Frog Dawg (current reproducers list)
NTCH CH Soggy Bottom The Bull Dawg
Soggy Bottom T-Top Miss Dottie
RIP
GRNTCH GRCH Soggy Bottom T-Top Haze HTX (Former#1 Reproducer)
CH Soggy Bottom T-Top Stella
GRNTCH GRCH Soggy Bottom T-Top Shadow
NTCH CH Soggy Bottom Bomber's Red Wire (Pigeon- former #1 Reproducer)
NTCH GRCH Red Cedar T-Top Lexus
CH Soggy Bottom T-Top Locket

Mike Laster
540-392-2441
pastorlaster@aol.com

Old Post 08-22-2009 02:04 PM
Pastor Mike is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pastor Mike Click here to Send Pastor Mike a Private Message Click Here to Email Pastor Mike Find more posts by Pastor Mike Add Pastor Mike to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
adam coffman
UKC Forum Member

Coondog..period..i hunted with her several weeks and she flat out trees coons..and i dont think i seen the best of her either. nice female for sure..good luck tonight mike at the rqe.

Old Post 08-22-2009 04:42 PM
adam coffman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for adam coffman Click here to Send adam coffman a Private Message Click Here to Email adam coffman Find more posts by adam coffman Add adam coffman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
topdog
UKC Forum Member

New year...

Dave started back up taking Yank to the woods one night with Leinie and one night with Sis. Both nights, coons were treed and Yank looked pretty good considering that he's been sitting, enjoying the good life, since June. Sis spent most of her fist night out with Yank trying to keep up and barking about once every 300 yards...Pretty much tells us that she stopped to do her business and Yank left her. The next thing you know, they're struck and treed and blowing it down. Sis has a great mouth and all the goods but is basically borderline crazy...some of the time. It should be fun seeing how she matures and we've got good company for her on a couple of different fronts so there shouldn't be any wasted nights. I'll be surprised if she doesn't come out the other side making a tough hound to draw...we'll see how it goes.

We're looking forward to some good times in October when we get the chance to spend some time hunting with good friends. It's already chilling down and making for some beautiful mornings and we're looking for lows at 40 for a couple of days over the weekend...it feels good already.

We'll hope to start updating with some photos of a new year and some good times.

I hope you're all looking forward to fall and cooler weather as much I am...it's a great time of year.

Unrealistic expectations are a roadblock to success, judge your dogs by what they are ready to give not by what you wish they'd do.

Old Post 08-28-2009 02:57 AM
topdog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for topdog Click here to Send topdog a Private Message Click Here to Email topdog Visit topdog's homepage! Find more posts by topdog Add topdog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pastor Mike
UKC Forum Member

glad you guys are getting out tom. we hunted for about an hour last night with good results. Locket is doing well. Hopefully she won't come in heat before we head up. talk to you soon.

mike

RIP

Mike Laster
540-392-2441
pastorlaster@aol.com

Old Post 08-28-2009 03:29 PM
Pastor Mike is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pastor Mike Click here to Send Pastor Mike a Private Message Click Here to Email Pastor Mike Find more posts by Pastor Mike Add Pastor Mike to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blue Boy Rebel
UKC Forum Member

Hey Gang!

Man it's been awhile! Just thought I'd shoot ya'll a howdy doody and update yah on how me a Rock have been. Rock has since turned on and become one incredible dual purpose dog. His grandfather's legacy is shining through him while he is taking amazing strides on both the bench and in the woods. I've never been happier with a hound's progress. He has proved to me he is not trashy, mean or ill sprited toward any man or beast. With a little pushing, we've reached GRCH on the bench and are now seeking his hunt titles. He has qualified for the World Show and WILL be shown there. Rock is two short wins away from being a HTX and he should come onto the nite hunt seen by spring, if all goes according to plan! Now enough about Rock, how have you all been??? Tom, Joe, Pastor Mike? Give me a hollar I'd love to hear from yah! It seems like it's been forever!

Your Friend,

Corey Gruver!

Last edited by Blue Boy Rebel on 08-29-2009 at 06:56 AM

Old Post 08-29-2009 06:42 AM
Blue Boy Rebel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blue Boy Rebel Click here to Send Blue Boy Rebel a Private Message Click Here to Email Blue Boy Rebel Find more posts by Blue Boy Rebel Add Blue Boy Rebel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chris Snyder
UKC Forum Member

Update

Tom,

Your analysis on Sis' mental capacity is spot on! When she settles down, she will be an absolute weapon on a cast.

Flirt is adapting well and getting the Aaron treatment. I talked to him the other night and she is doing a nice job with Sid. He says it's time to split them up as she is ready to go solo. He mentioned that after this fur season, she will be a real nice dog.

Clyde is doing great. We are running the ol tail drags for him at this time. He will even open on the ground while running them from time to time. The kids are having a ball with him and thanks to them, I dare say he is the most "handled" dog I've ever had. lol

With any luck he will be running loose on the farm within a month or so.

Corey Gruver, thats a nice looking dog there. What cross is he out of???

Old Post 08-29-2009 09:31 PM
Chris Snyder is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chris Snyder Click here to Send Chris Snyder a Private Message Find more posts by Chris Snyder Add Chris Snyder to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Joe Maitland
UKC Forum Member

jeez Corey-

I love the way that sucker trees. He looks like my old Susie dog up on the hardwood.

Old Post 08-29-2009 11:14 PM
Joe Maitland is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Joe Maitland Click here to Send Joe Maitland a Private Message Click Here to Email Joe Maitland Find more posts by Joe Maitland Add Joe Maitland to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blue Boy Rebel
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Guys!

Chris- Rock is a direct grandson and great granson to Rabble. He is out of 'PR' Timber Ridge Red Lightning and 'PR' Ridge Runner Alie-Mae. They weren't dogs that did anything too my knowledge but Rock is sure turning out nice enough. He has Rabble on both sides of the pedigree with Outlaw Razor Red, Rat, Raven, South Branch Midnite Pete, Chatman's Red Lightning Laura and Fenske's Midnite Sadie II in the third Generation. Rock's sire was out of Rabble and Joe's Maggie dog. I would like to breed Rock to a nice female sometime next year to see what he'll produce.

Joe- Thanks! Yeah he is quite the tree dog, but he's a real pushover with other dog's. He's had other dogs land on him, smack him, lick him and he'll just move aside. The other night a redbone male tore into him on the tree and he simply squinted and took it, then returned too treeing. It's almost like he doesn't have enough confidence in his own ability? Idk but I'm sure it's nothing a good kill season wouln't fix!

Corey

Last edited by Blue Boy Rebel on 08-30-2009 at 06:02 AM

Old Post 08-30-2009 05:44 AM
Blue Boy Rebel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blue Boy Rebel Click here to Send Blue Boy Rebel a Private Message Click Here to Email Blue Boy Rebel Find more posts by Blue Boy Rebel Add Blue Boy Rebel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mwm531
UKC Forum Member

corey

what town in west pa are you from

mark

Old Post 08-30-2009 04:12 PM
mwm531 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mwm531 Click here to Send mwm531 a Private Message Click Here to Email mwm531 Find more posts by mwm531 Add mwm531 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blue Boy Rebel
UKC Forum Member

Hmmm.... we'll the Rabble line are bonefide coondogs... idk if I'd call it genetics rather then just coon crazy tree grippin' Redbones ;D

Mark, I'm located in Greenville, PA, I'm a member of the Mercer County Coonhunter's Association, ever heard of it? lol

Corey

Old Post 08-30-2009 08:41 PM
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Training

We had a good training session today with some good pictures. The dogs pictured are Rufus, Rico a female out of Haze called Frog and a 5 month old pup out of Yank and Pigeon called Lucky.

And this is Lucky...His first time with the big dogs on drag and tree. I'd say it's a good start at 5 months old.

This time of year brings changes that hint of fall, cooler weather and a new hunting season...it's as good as it gets. I love these mornings where the fog lays on the coulees...

Here's wishing you all good nights in the woods and cool mornings that hint of fall and the opening of the hunting seasons.

Old Post 08-30-2009 09:11 PM
mwm531
UKC Forum Member

tom
young dogs look good

corey ive hunted at mercer once or twice lol im member of lisbon area club but live 10 min from beaver falls club will have to go hunting some time
mark

Old Post 08-31-2009 02:41 AM
mwm531 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mwm531 Click here to Send mwm531 a Private Message Click Here to Email mwm531 Find more posts by mwm531 Add mwm531 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blue Boy Rebel
UKC Forum Member

yeah that would be cool. I plan on making a few runs to Beaver Fall's club nowadays. My brother just moved there for college so I'll have to visit him lol

Old Post 08-31-2009 05:00 AM
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

Young Hounds

Tom and Dave the young dogs look great on the wood. You do a good job breeding and training Tom. Your Friend. Dave

Old Post 08-31-2009 12:36 PM
david woofter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for david woofter Click here to Send david woofter a Private Message Click Here to Email david woofter Find more posts by david woofter Add david woofter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Pups

We've got a couple of pups here around 10 weeks old out of Yank and Angel and I'm starting to like them a bit. The male is a spittin' image of Yank when he was a pup and the female is a little dickens and into everything. When I came home today, they had a pair of boots, sweat pants, two plastic planters, a dust brush, a ripped up plastic bag and two small empty boxes piled up by the kennel. When I got to cleaning it all up, I uncovered a dead ground squirrel that they must have found somewhere and when I picked it up, they started treeing on it like it was alive...what a hoot...I closed the shed door so they can't get in anymore so we'll see what they're able to round up and pile up tomorrow. I've seen this before...they'll be getting with the program young...just like those that came before them did. The female goes to southern Iowa at some point and the male will stay home for training until I see what I'm looking for and then maybe on to someone who'll like him and give him his chances or back into the program...we'll see. I'll get some photos of these little monkeys...they're nice pups.

Corey...Rock is looking good, I'd bet he'll keep you busy for a long time to come and that you're going to spend some good nights in the woods this fall. Nothing better than seeing your own young hound learn his business...nothing better.

Thanks Dave...we'll see if Lucky makes the cut but...he sure started off on the right foot and he's a likeable little cuss too. He hasn't shown me anything to make me think he won't be worth the effort and I'm looking forward to the next few weeks and months.

Old Post 09-02-2009 01:08 AM
Joe Maitland
UKC Forum Member

Tom-

Rage looked hot last night. Treed 4 singles in 40 minutes. Two he shut the Pod completely out on. THe 3rd he stuck on her while she was running a fox in the corn next to her.

THinking about taking him to the Slam hunts at the World Finals in TN. Have to get past the WCHA Championship on the 12th first.

Old Post 09-02-2009 08:13 PM
Joe Maitland is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Joe Maitland Click here to Send Joe Maitland a Private Message Click Here to Email Joe Maitland Find more posts by Joe Maitland Add Joe Maitland to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Rage

I'm hearing some good things about him Joe...he sounds like a nice young hound. It's easy to forget that he's just a two year old when he shows what he's got but...heck...he's just a two year old. There are some real good potential crosses out there that I'd look forward to if they can get done. Good luck at any hunts you put him in and after that...the season is right around the corner.

Old Post 09-02-2009 11:12 PM
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Sid

I'd like to congratulate Aaron Wade for getting his fourth Nite Champion win on his Sid female. She is by way of Rabble Rouser and Pigeon and is a nice little female.

One more to go, I wish them the best of luck as they get after that last win.

Dave has been getting to the woods now and then and the dogs are actually starting to look like a few pounds are dropping off. It's been warm again this week but it's hard to complain about 80 degrees being too warm when we know below zero weather is just around the corner. Just the same...I'm looking forward to frosty mornings, the leaves turning colors and the hunting season in full bloom once again.

Old Post 09-10-2009 02:20 AM
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

Sid

CONGRATULATIONS Aaron! Dave Woofter

Old Post 09-10-2009 12:26 PM
david woofter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for david woofter Click here to Send david woofter a Private Message Click Here to Email david woofter Find more posts by david woofter Add david woofter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pastor Mike
UKC Forum Member

congrats to aaron and sid. aaron has done a great job with her.......I had better get off of my butt and get those last wins on haze.....lol.

I hope aaron gets that last win on sid real soon.

RIP

Mike Laster
540-392-2441
pastorlaster@aol.com

Old Post 09-10-2009 07:46 PM
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Congratulations!

I just heard from Aaron and he told me that he finished Sid to Gr. Nite Ch last night. He's going to put some time now into trying to finish her to Gr. Ch. to make her Dual Grand so I wish him all the luck in the world with getting it done. He might have to hire Snyder to show her but...she may have the goods to get it done

Sid is a 3 year old female off Rabble Rouser and Pastor Mike's Pigeon female and a full sister to Mike's Gr. Ch. Nt Ch. Haze dog...that was a nice cross with maybe one or two more to come that will finish into coon dogs.

Aaron and Chris have a couple more young hounds in the works that I think have some potential to make it so we'll see what the future brings.

Season is just around the corner!

Old Post 09-12-2009 07:05 PM
wade lucking
UKC Forum Member

congrats to all involved with the sid dog.

wade

'Pr' Lucking's Code Red Mountain Dew ( Owned by chad porter and myself) ( Daughter of Desperado) 2 1st place wins ukc nite hunt. 1 best of show with comp , bench show.

'Pr' Lucking's Northern Red Tucker

AND THE PAST:
NT.CH.CH.LUCKING'S KN. LAKE TROOPER
NT.CH.GR.CH.LUCKING'S RAISIN KANE(son of trooper)
NT.CH.CH. LUCKING'S MAD MAGGIE(niece to tornado)
GR.CH.NT.CH.LUCKING'S RED TORNADO(son of trooper)
NT.CH.GR.CH.L&I RED HOT WYLIE(son of tornado)
'pr'lucking's northern red cowgirl (daughter of wylie)(needs just a 1st given to mark barnett)
nt.ch.gr.ch.Lucking's Midnite Desperado (son of cowgirl)(sold to bill tabler)
Nt.Ch.Ch. Desperado's Midnite 3 D(son of Desperado) (given to larry tabler)

Old Post 09-12-2009 07:26 PM
wade lucking is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wade lucking Click here to Send wade lucking a Private Message Click Here to Email wade lucking Find more posts by wade lucking Add wade lucking to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chris Snyder
UKC Forum Member

Gr.Nt.Ch. South Skunk Siderella

She is a fine little hound. Not much about her not to like. Aaron is one of the best redbone men out there and I'm proud to call him a friend.

I knew Sid was special when she jammed a double in Flash's keister one night when she was about a year or a little older. She's been fun to watch.

Congrats bud. And congrats to Tom and Mike for producing such a fine cross.

And Tom, don't think I didn't catch that "show dog" jab...my track record in the ring speaks for itself...lol

Old Post 09-13-2009 03:16 AM
Chris Snyder is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chris Snyder Click here to Send Chris Snyder a Private Message Find more posts by Chris Snyder Add Chris Snyder to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote