UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Redbones: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Rabble Rouser...Next generations...
Pages (115): « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
chevcat327
UKC Forum Member

T-Top hounds Val & Clyde

We made a few drops on Saturday when the weather cleared and treed two. Val is starting to shape up, and Clyde is getting better every time out. Dave G.

Val and Clyde

Clyde

Clyde, Myself and Val with 2 Coon
Here are some previous hunts

Clydes second solo tree with the meat at 7 months that day.

Val

Clyde@6 1/2 mos.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-26-2009 11:23 PM
chevcat327 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chevcat327 Click here to Send chevcat327 a Private Message Click Here to Email chevcat327 Find more posts by chevcat327 Add chevcat327 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Good nights

Hey Dave, those are great pictures of Clyde and Val. I see she's getting into shape for you, it will be fun when she's back in top shape. I can see you're having a good time and it looks like Clyde is progressing pretty nicely for a young pup.

We went out last night with Angel and Locket for a short hunt and it went pretty good. We got a couple of coons and let a few more sit in the trees for another night.

There aren't very many pictures of old Angel out there so these are some gems. She has a trademark bark when she trees, always bouncing up and down on her front legs and throwing her head back. She's a good ol' girl and we're looking forward to making another cross with her and Yank in the late winter or early spring.

Angel...lookin' good...on the wood

This is Angel and Locket

This is Locket stretched out on the wood

Locket is by way of Rabble Rouser and Pigeon and is a full sister to Haze, Hernie and Sid. She is looking pretty good and is a good prospect in my opinion. With consistent repetitions, she'll make a coon dog by the end of this season. She is a sweetheart of a dog with a great disposition but she bites a coon hard and means business start to finish. She also has a very good mouth and is put up right.

Angel is a good ol' girl and has been a top hound since very early on in her life. She is 8 years old and we will let her live out her life in style, getting her to the woods as often as we can and hopefully raising one or two more litters out of her and Yank. The first litter is looking good and the pups I have here look like they will both make dogs in time. We will feature them in training soon and it will be fun to watch their progress just like we watched the rest over the years.

We are enjoying good hunting with Mike and Buck and we are seeing good dog work with these young hounds we are following, like Yank, Moose, Hernie, Locket and Leinie. We have been having fun with these dogs and we'll hope to share some of it as the days go by.

I consider myself fortunate to have made good friends through these hounds and the good times we have had with them and, God willing, I look forward to doing it for a long time to come.

Unrealistic expectations are a roadblock to success, judge your dogs by what they are ready to give not by what you wish they'd do.

Old Post 10-27-2009 02:25 AM
topdog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for topdog Click here to Send topdog a Private Message Click Here to Email topdog Visit topdog's homepage! Find more posts by topdog Add topdog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Another good night

This picture is of a nice young female out of Rabble Rouser and Val. She is just now a year and a half old and is doing a pretty good job in the woods. This is a nice coon bagged the other night by Mark Schadt and his two nice Red dogs...

Dave, Buck and Mike made a hunt last night and took Yank, Hernie and Moose to the woods. From the video and pictures...it was a heck of a night with a lot of action...and some mighty iffy shooting

5 coons out of 4 trees and a junk pile after a good chase. One coon caught on the ground after he jumped out of the tree while dodging a bullet...

Enjoy...these are real nice young hounds...

So far this season, we are enjoying good dog work and lots of action. Last night, I had to stay home because of early work this morning but Dave, Mike and Buck sure had wild time. One of the coons bailed out of the tree and was caught in the corn field...turns out he was about 28 pounds and hard to handle. Another coon bailed out also and ran hard through the corn and got under a junk pile where the dogs came up treed. After some minor excavating of junk...they saw the coon and got him shot and the dog pulled him out.

Good dog work, lots of excitement and good company makes for a lot of memories that will last a life time.

More to come...

Unrealistic expectations are a roadblock to success, judge your dogs by what they are ready to give not by what you wish they'd do.

Old Post 10-27-2009 07:50 PM
topdog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for topdog Click here to Send topdog a Private Message Click Here to Email topdog Visit topdog's homepage! Find more posts by topdog Add topdog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Barnyard
UKC Forum Member

Questionable Shooting!

I hear that's why the South surrendered to the North was because they ran out of bullets! LOL!!

Cell- 574-538-9431

Old Post 10-28-2009 01:36 AM
Barnyard is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Barnyard Click here to Send Barnyard a Private Message Click Here to Email Barnyard Find more posts by Barnyard Add Barnyard to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

Bullets

That's not Dave's fault he ran out of Bullets. My understanding was that Tom is to supply the bullets no questions ask. Topdog dropped the ball sounds like.LOL!

Old Post 10-28-2009 02:59 PM
david woofter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for david woofter Click here to Send david woofter a Private Message Click Here to Email david woofter Find more posts by david woofter Add david woofter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

Deadeye Scott

Where has Deadeye Scott been while all this shooting was going on? I thought he was going to be down a couple nights. Dave

Old Post 10-28-2009 03:08 PM
david woofter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for david woofter Click here to Send david woofter a Private Message Click Here to Email david woofter Find more posts by david woofter Add david woofter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Bullets

It's not so much a case of running out of bullets as it is a technical term called "near miss" I guess it had something to do with the sounds of bullets passing by sounding like angry bees that caused those coons to bail and head for parts unknown...Like Dave says..."at least it turned out better than when I'm hunting alone...I usually end up losing them in a hole or an old building". All's well that ends well...not so much for the coon I guess but...at least we rounded up the fur and gave the dogs a pay-day on the same coons...even if it was a half hour later and a little further down the road

Mr. Woofter is correct...it is my duty to provide ammo so that we don't find ourselves in the unenviable position of having a coon still sitting there looking at us whilst we fumble around in pocket after pocket looking for the last bit of brass that may have fallen through a hole and be stuck in the lining of our coats...At some point the dogs stop barking and just stand there looking at us as if to say...we've done our part...when's the meat gonna fall?

I'm just kidding around here...the shooting isn't that bad...most of the time anyway...well...sometimes maybe

I guess that if I wasn't so rickety in the knees and could make the uphill treks more often...the outcome on the shooting would be different...We were at it again last night for one drop...video to follow. I made the up-hill trek and I mean UP-HILL TREK and although I didn't pull the trigger...I was there to coach Pastor Mike and the coon came down without so much as a twitch when he hit the ground.

Old Post 10-28-2009 03:29 PM
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Tuesday night...

Mike, Buck and I went for a short drop last night with Leinie and a green dog called Chance. We made one dump and Leinie struck a good track and made a tree a few minutes later. Chance didn't make it in to where she struck the track so she ended up walking up the hill with us towards the tree.

When we started up through the corn, it didn't sound like Leinie was that far up but...she was at the top of a steep ridge...and I mean at the top!

We finally remembered that I have a smaller camera that will take video clips so we got a few clips of Leinie on the tree along with Chance, who seemed to figure out pretty quick that she should be doing something once we got there.

This is Leinie on the wood...

We've posted lots of pictures of Leinie on this board and she's always very photogenic. Leinie is mostly a bawl mouth hound on track and tree but she has transitioned a little bit to what you heard on the clip. Sometimes, she sounds like there would be a couple of dogs on the tree because she really ramps up the longer she sits there. I like her a lot, she's got a great attitude and is easy to handle and like overall. Chance is a green dog with limited exposures but we'll give her a chance to develop because she does show some decent characteristics at the tree...we'll see.

Old Post 10-28-2009 03:49 PM
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

Topdog

One thing I like about Topdog the Buck stops there. He knew the shells was up to him. LOL!

Old Post 10-28-2009 05:57 PM
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Yep...

When you can't make it to all the trees, you have to take on what ever responsibility you need to take on to keep from getting lots of grief from the rest of the crew. I provide the bullets and stay by the truck but I can still hear the gun go off...and count the number of shots it takes...and listen to the wild chase after I hear the coon thump the ground It's almost like being there...

We keep it interesting at all times, that's what makes it fun. The dogs don't seem to care, they just go about their business, strike tracks and tree coons just so we can make the rest of the story to share with good folks who might log into this thread to keep up with the escapades of the Vriginia boys while in Wisconsin...doesn't get any better than that...eh?

Old Post 10-28-2009 09:16 PM
raven
UKC Forum Member

Guide

My job is put these Virginia boys into some coon and I think I've done my part. We are going to hit it hard tonight and hopefully harvest some more ringtails before they head back to the East coast.

I think I'm rubbing off on Buck a little with the shooting. That big coon that he wounded looked like a flying squirrel whizzing past my head. And the one I shot that hobbled away, after Buck whiffed with the club. STRIKE 3 your out and he gets away again. I'm glad Mike found him in the junk pile. We make things interesting. What Excitement!!

What's going to happen tonight??? It's always an adventure with us.

T-TOP RAT Pups 122
NiteCh 8-GrNiteCh 5-10.66%

T-TOP RABBLE ROUSER Pups 190
NiteCh 11-GrNiteCh 13-12.63%

Old Post 10-28-2009 11:44 PM
raven is offline Click Here to See the Profile for raven Click here to Send raven a Private Message Find more posts by raven Add raven to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Wednesday night...

We went again last night for the last time this fall with Mike and Buck. Dave was guiding the spots again and I was trying to get some video clips. We hunted Yank, Moose and Hernie again for the last time and made three trees on three tracks and all with the meat. The dogs did a real good job and on the last track Hernie found a coon alone and treed it in style. Moose and Yank ran a track to a quarry and in a hole but overall it was a great night of hunting.

This is Moose on the first tree of the night.

The next pictures are of Hernie and Yank for the most part...she is always on the wood and giving it everything she has.

These are some short video clips of the dogs treeing. I apologize for the poor quality video but we just didn't have enough light power focused at the time. The dogs tree hard until you get to the tree and then they back off a little while waiting for the sound of the gun...that's OK, I think we got enough to at least give folks some idea on how they sound. Moose is a hard chop tree dog with a deep voice and very good volume on track and tree.

It has been a great time visiting and hunting with Mike and Buck. We made a lot of good tracks and trees while hunting during their visit and the dogs did good and it was a lot of fun just about every night out. Mike and Buck are on the road towards home right now and we wish them a safe journey that passes quickly.

We'll keep going this weekend when Aaron Wade and a friend of his come on Saturday to spend the day and night hunting. They'll be taking Rico home to southern Iowa along with this nice little female from the Yank and Angel cross. We'll hope to be able to post a few pictures of a good hunt this weekend.

I hope all is going as well for all of you as it has been for us...good friends and good dog work make for good times...

Old Post 10-29-2009 04:58 PM
Pastor Mike
UKC Forum Member

What a Great Week

Buck and I had a blast this past week. Great friends, good dogs and loads of fun......oh yea....a bunch of coons too. we always have a great time with tom and dave. Dave let me shoot a little more this year so that saved Tom on ammo..........always a plus right?....

Can't say how much we appreciate tom,Dave, the boys and Char for their hospitality. Looking forward to the trip already for next year.

GRNTCH GRCH 'PR' Soggy Bottom The Frog Dawg (current reproducers list)
NTCH CH Soggy Bottom The Bull Dawg
Soggy Bottom T-Top Miss Dottie
RIP
GRNTCH GRCH Soggy Bottom T-Top Haze HTX (Former#1 Reproducer)
CH Soggy Bottom T-Top Stella
GRNTCH GRCH Soggy Bottom T-Top Shadow
NTCH CH Soggy Bottom Bomber's Red Wire (Pigeon- former #1 Reproducer)
NTCH GRCH Red Cedar T-Top Lexus
CH Soggy Bottom T-Top Locket

Mike Laster
540-392-2441
pastorlaster@aol.com

Old Post 10-30-2009 10:57 PM
Pastor Mike is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pastor Mike Click here to Send Pastor Mike a Private Message Click Here to Email Pastor Mike Find more posts by Pastor Mike Add Pastor Mike to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Great time

I'm glad to hear that you guys made it home in good shape...that's a relief.

It was a great time Mike, we always have a blast hunting when you guys come up. Most of the time, we stayed out of the steep stuff except for Tues night on the one drop. It was worth it though and I'll be looking forward to the next time also.

Dave came out tonight to hunt...he promised some kids he'd take them. The wind is blowing 30 MPH and the temperature dropped from 63 to about 44 right now and in about 3 hours time so it's a strong front that is moving through behind these strong winds. I told him it was too windy to go but he said he has the GPS system to rely on now so he can't hardly lose the dogs. Yank and Moose were all hyped up to go already this afternoon when I was feeding so I guess they'll go hunting windy or not.

Shadow and Locket are doing good, I'll take good care of them. We'll hope she comes into heat soon so that we can make the cross we're aiming for...it should be OUTSTANDING! I'm looking forward to it already and she's not even in heat yet. That's a litter I'll want a pup from for sure...double Rabble and Rat three times........GOOD STUFF!

I'll update you on how the hunting goes tomorrow night when Aaron and Josh are here.

Old Post 10-31-2009 01:52 AM
OUTLAW REDBONE
UKC Forum Member

TOPDOG

We are home and what a blast we had!! Haze and Jason got-t-done last night.

Buck

Cecil "Buck" Ratliff

Dublin, Virginia
(540) 641-1623

CLICK HERE TO EMAIL ME

Click Here To Visit Web Site

Home of:

GRNITECH GRCH T-TOP DARK TIMBER MOOSE.....CO-OWNER Tom Solberg
GRNITCH L'S DARK TIMBER WENDY.....CO-OWNER Richard Lambert
NITECH GRCH DARK TIMBER RED ANGUS <AKA> DA BULL CO OWNER Jeremy Erho
'PR' SOGGY BOTTOM DARK TMBER ADDY CO-OWNER Pastor MIke
'PR' RATLIFF'S DARK TIMBER BO

R.I.P
GRNITECH GRCH RATLIFF'S OUTLAW DIXIE
GRNITECH GRCH PKC Bronze Ch RATLIFF'S OUTLAW PL RED PENNY
GRNITECH CH SOGGY BOTTOM RAZOR'S LIVE WIRE (DAISY)
GRNITECH GRCH PKC Bronze Ch LONG TALL SALLY
NITECH RATLIFF'S T-TOP DARK TIMBER SPOOK
NITECH CH RATLIFF'S DARK TIMBER HERNIE

A Proud Member of The Virginia Cartel and Virginia Coalition for Procyon Lotor Management & Control

The Few, the Proud, the Graduates of Raven's School of Shooting

Old Post 10-31-2009 01:33 PM
OUTLAW REDBONE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for OUTLAW REDBONE Click here to Send OUTLAW REDBONE a Private Message Visit OUTLAW REDBONE's homepage! Find more posts by OUTLAW REDBONE Add OUTLAW REDBONE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mwm531
UKC Forum Member

thanks tom, mike,buck,and dave rufus is home he looks great and ill keep you up dated on how his first fur season gos
thanks again mark and austin

Old Post 11-01-2009 01:05 AM
mwm531 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mwm531 Click here to Send mwm531 a Private Message Click Here to Email mwm531 Find more posts by mwm531 Add mwm531 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Another good night

Aaron and his friend Josh came for a hunt on Saturday and we had a great time visiting and then hunting later on that night. Josh brought his nice English female along and she took to Yank and Moose very well and we had a great night of hunting with some good dog work...and...of course...lots of excitement at the trees

This is a picture of Libby, Josh's nice English female on the first tree with Moose and Yank

This is Libby and Moose doing it right

Moose is doing it right

This is Yank...he's hard to catch in a picture of any kind...

These next couple of pictures are of Josh and Aaron and Libby. Believe me, these pictures are the result of a night to remember...

These are 4 of the 5 coons we harvested last night. From left to right they weigh 32, 27, 26 and 20 pounds. The one we skinned in the woods was around 22 give or take.

The first track of the night was pretty easy with all three dogs working together and getting treed together. There was very little excitement involved with the harvest but...there was more to come.

The next drop produced a quick strike and a hard driving track into the corn field. The dogs were pushing hard and the track turned and came back towards a real brushy fence line with lots of downed crap in it. They hit the brush and it got quiet for a minute and then Libby came hard on a small tree followed right away by Yank and Moose...there was a big coon up the little tree. Dave was a little nervous about shooting...considering his run of bad luck so he handed me the Cricket and I squeezed off a shot. The coon folded like a tent but hit the ground like he hadn't been touched and the fight was on. After a lot of fighting, yelling, jumping and running, we finally got the coon finished but all the dogs were bloodied in the fracus.

I carried the coon back to the truck because he was a good sized boar and Dave, Aaron and Josh went on to dump again along the same field. The dogs got struck deep and I could hear Moose and Libby treed hard followed shortly by Yank. I also heard two quick shots and then quiet...for a little while...I soon heard a bark then another and then the chase was on. Finally, I could hear a dull roar waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy down in the valley and it was plain to hear that the dogs had the coon bayed up. It wasn't long after that and the dull report of a shot could be heard and then quiet again. I waited by the truck and soon could see lights coming in the distance, Dave in the lead carrying what appeared to be a small bear cub...turns out it was another big boar coon.

We made one more dump but Libby had enough and came back but Moose and Yank went deep again and tried hard to lay up a coon but couldn't do it. They came up a few trees short barking in the wind but we left the coon sit for another night. Once they got back to the truck, Aaron brought up the fact that he would have liked to see old Angel go so...home we went and Dave, Aaron and Josh unloaded Yank, Moose and Libby and loaded up Leinie and Angel for another few hours of hunting...this was about 1:30 AM

I only got the story this morning but to make a long story shorter...they make two more tracks and trees and harvested two real nice coons in the process.

Overall a very interesting night. I can say now that Aaron has become a new member of the shoot to miss club and even I had to admit that the Cricket didn't seem to have a lot of knock out power. It's like Dave says...we always make it interesting but it was a night to remember, that's for sure.

We enjoyed the company and I think that Aaron and Josh will remember last night for a long time to come. The dogs worked very well together and it made for a good night.

Old Post 11-01-2009 08:27 PM
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

Blanket

Great pictures. Tom when I come up I would like to catch one of the big coon and make a blanket of it. Most big coon in Ohio are 17 to 18 pounds with a lot of them weighing between 10 and 15. Once in a while you will get one 20 pounds. I like the color of the second one from the left. ( 27 pound one ) Must have been a great hunt. Dave

Old Post 11-02-2009 02:55 PM
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Big one

Hey Dave, it would have been a good night to tag along with Dave again last night. He took some kids hunting and the dogs came up with three coons and all good size. The biggest boar was just a hair under 29 pounds and ran a good, hard track before piling up a tree. This boar was longer than the one that weighed in at 32 pounds last Saturday but he didn't have the girth to give him those few extra pounds. Dave said that Yank and Moose struck him and worked up an older track and soon were pushing it hard going up a steep bluff to the top and then treed...it was worth the hike to get up there that's for sure. Dave is out here again tonight with his boys and they're going to try and bag a couple more, I'm laying low...not feeling the best and hoping it's not the flu...that would suck!

If I don't tip over before then...I'll give it a whirl tomorrow night. Dave took the camera tonight so hopefully he'll get some good pictures of the boys along with the dogs on a tree or two.

I got your message about your hunt with Cherry the other night, she continues to impress and is a real nice hound.

We'll see what the rest of the weekend brings.

Old Post 11-07-2009 01:00 AM
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Saturday night

Dave came out and loaed up Yank and Moose and went for a hunt with some friends and their kids. I had agreed to take the neighbor and his son hunting so I stayed back, loaded up Leinie in the Ranger and headed over the hill. My neighbor is Doug and his son is Chris and it was the first coon hunt Chris has ever been on.

This is Leinie on the first tree...

This is Chris working hard to find the coon on that first tree...

Leinie on the second tree of the night...

Leinie on the third tree of the night...

These next two pictures are of Doug, Chris and Leinie in the background...and the three coons we harvested tonight...

It was a very good and fun hunt and Leinie did a great job with all three tracks and trees. She handled the dry leaves in the woods with ease and put the meat on the end of each track. She drove the first one out of a corn field and treed within 50 yards. We cut her again along the same field and she struck again in about 15 minutes...this track headed into the woods and she was nearly out of hearing in no time. We walked to the end of the corn field and could hear her treed up high so we started in. She was close to the top and about a quarter mile up. She was treed on a broke over tree that leaned into two other oaks. I told the others to search the two oaks that it leaned into and we found the coon in no time. Leinie did an outstanding job on a tough track. The last drop didn't produce a strike right away but I could tell that Leinie could wind a coon off the big woods that boardered the hay field next to the corn field. She disappeared into the woods and struck shortly thereafter. She went about 100 yards up the hill and located and treed. We made it up in no time and she had the largest boar coon of the night, near 28-29 pounds easy. I skinned all three coons in the woods and gave the hides to Doug and his son in thanks for a good night of hunting. I know they enjoyed the hunt and the hides made it all the better.

We'll see what Dave has to say for himself about his hunt with Yank and Moose and hopefully he'll get some pictures tonight.

Old Post 11-08-2009 05:47 AM
OUTLAW REDBONE
UKC Forum Member

WOW

Sounds like a great time and what a smile on Chris...GET-R-DONE.

Buck

Cecil "Buck" Ratliff

Dublin, Virginia
(540) 641-1623

CLICK HERE TO EMAIL ME

Click Here To Visit Web Site

Home of:

GRNITECH GRCH T-TOP DARK TIMBER MOOSE.....CO-OWNER Tom Solberg
GRNITCH L'S DARK TIMBER WENDY.....CO-OWNER Richard Lambert
NITECH GRCH DARK TIMBER RED ANGUS <AKA> DA BULL CO OWNER Jeremy Erho
'PR' SOGGY BOTTOM DARK TMBER ADDY CO-OWNER Pastor MIke
'PR' RATLIFF'S DARK TIMBER BO

R.I.P
GRNITECH GRCH RATLIFF'S OUTLAW DIXIE
GRNITECH GRCH PKC Bronze Ch RATLIFF'S OUTLAW PL RED PENNY
GRNITECH CH SOGGY BOTTOM RAZOR'S LIVE WIRE (DAISY)
GRNITECH GRCH PKC Bronze Ch LONG TALL SALLY
NITECH RATLIFF'S T-TOP DARK TIMBER SPOOK
NITECH CH RATLIFF'S DARK TIMBER HERNIE

A Proud Member of The Virginia Cartel and Virginia Coalition for Procyon Lotor Management & Control

The Few, the Proud, the Graduates of Raven's School of Shooting

Last edited by OUTLAW REDBONE on 11-08-2009 at 05:30 PM

Old Post 11-08-2009 01:20 PM
OUTLAW REDBONE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for OUTLAW REDBONE Click here to Send OUTLAW REDBONE a Private Message Visit OUTLAW REDBONE's homepage! Find more posts by OUTLAW REDBONE Add OUTLAW REDBONE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tim Hoeck
UKC Forum Member

Tom I hear theres may be a another Grand Night off Rabble!!!!!

Old Post 11-08-2009 02:31 PM
Tim Hoeck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tim Hoeck Click here to Send Tim Hoeck a Private Message Click Here to Email Tim Hoeck Find more posts by Tim Hoeck Add Tim Hoeck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Grand Nite and another good night

Hey Tim, I hadn't heard anything so I don't know who might have finished another dog to Grand Nite. I know Rage only needs one more win and Shaker needed two more but I think they are out of hunts out west so he'll have to wait until next year. You'll have to let me know who got it done...

Dave took Yank and Moose last night and had a fair hunt although not as good as me and Leinie...

One of the coon weighed in just a hair under 30 pounds and was a real nice boar and the other 22 pounds and colored real good.

These are the two boys that Dave took along last night...they had a heck of a time and got to see some good action.

This is Yank and Moose...they are a real nice pair of young hounds

Moose always looks to please and always has real good intensity on the trees he makes. We can't ask much more from a young hound working through his first season...he has more to learn but it's a fun process to watch...

There were three trees made, one den and two with the meat. The boys were very excited about the hunt and got in on some good action with two real nice coons harvested. Dave had one just under 29 pounds on Friday night and one just under 30 pounds last night. The deeper we go into the season, the more of these big ones we seem to get treed. We'll hope for a mild winter after deer hunting and then see what we can bring home...there are some big ol' boys still running the high ridges and we'll hope to bag a few more of them yet this year.

Old Post 11-08-2009 10:04 PM
josh tetting
UKC Forum Member

rage got it

done last night tom

CH, FCH,GRNTCH Ice Ages' Front Seat Fanny 2011 world finalist at 2 years old
Temp home of Grch, Fch, GrNtch Wades Red Busko

Old Post 11-08-2009 10:22 PM
josh tetting is offline Click Here to See the Profile for josh tetting Click here to Send josh tetting a Private Message Click Here to Email josh tetting Find more posts by josh tetting Add josh tetting to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Rage

Geez, that's a nice accomplishment for a 2 year old hound.

Congratulations to Tim and Joe on finishing Rage to Grand Nite Champion. I don't have all the details yet but it sounds like Rage got his last win last night to finish.

If nothing happens to him, Shaker will finish to Dual Gr. next spring or summer and that's a pretty good showing for Page to have two Grand Nite Champions produced from that cross and it sounds like more nice young hounds on the way. It seems that old Rabble Rouser did his part with the females he was mated to but it takes good reproducing females to make it work, right along with the right male. All crosses don't work but it sure looks like this one did.

Last edited by topdog on 11-09-2009 at 02:43 AM

Old Post 11-09-2009 02:22 AM