UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > WOW catalog
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
roughcreekhound
UKC Forum Member

WOW catalog

As a teenager I can remember going to the mailbox and it being in there . It was like getting the sears catalog at Christmas to me ! I would set and look at each page ! It’s were I would purchase The best chaps I ever wore (The wick frog legs) ! My first wildlife tracking system and 2 Johnson collars and other dog related items! Good times and memories! Also can’t leave out the nite lite and bill boatman catalogs !

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-15-2018 11:11 PM
roughcreekhound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for roughcreekhound Click here to Send roughcreekhound a Private Message Click Here to Email roughcreekhound Find more posts by roughcreekhound Add roughcreekhound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

I agree with you. I use to look at all the pictures of hunting gear and dream of getting some. I remember back in the 80's I ordered a new pair of boots and chaps from WOW, I got them in the mail and I happened to be on my week off from the power plant. I was fixing to have some fun hunting that week. I had them on in the house checking them out in the mirror when the phone rang. There was a problem at the plant and we went into a shutdown and I had to work the next two weeks 12 hours a day. Couldn't wait for that to get over and get those boots on and back in the woods. Don't know how many know this but Mark Zepp who is now with Garmin. Worked for WICK's several years. He was his right hand man. Mark has done a lot more for Coon Hunting in the area of products, than a lot of people give him credit for. He helped grow Wick's, he worked with Tri Tronics and now with Garmin. Doing everything he can to see that we have dog products we can be proud of.

Old Post 10-16-2018 01:46 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

Yep, when it comes to our sport, Mark is a national treasure. By tha way, in our house it was the Boatman catalog.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 10-16-2018 02:09 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Wicks is gone and I heard on the news that Sears Roebuck went bankrupt yesterday. I guess that it is the end of an era. I feel awfully ancient today.

Old Post 10-16-2018 02:09 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cory Highfill
UKC Forum Member

I carried a Boatmen's and a WOW catalog around all the first summer I had a real job. When I'd saved enough money, I called Wick's and ordered one of the old Wildlife 3 dog systems. Remember it like it was yesterday. Had that queasy, excited big buck feeling because I was about to spend that much money. Called and ordered it from a pay phone...

Old Post 10-16-2018 03:26 PM
Cory Highfill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cory Highfill Click here to Send Cory Highfill a Private Message Click Here to Email Cory Highfill Find more posts by Cory Highfill Add Cory Highfill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wjoey
Banned

Yep I loved getting my wicks, bill boatman and nite light catalogue .I would sit at school reading every word I remember once the new bill boatman catalogue came out and I wanted one of those black and tans I believe I was 16, it was over thanksgiving break so my little brother and best friend jumped in the truck and headed out , looking at the map it did not look so far but after driving 2 hours and not being far from home we decided to turn around and go home

UKC PREFORMANCE SIRE Nt ch pkc ch BAM BAM The only one out of WORLD CH BIG D X GRNT SKIPPERS UMFORGIVEN SAIGE she has 21 pups 4nt ch 5 grnt ch thats 42.85%
He is a coon dog!
Nt ch ch Insane Minnie MouseInsane cain x Malden Branch Mouse

HOME OF 2 TIME AQHA HORSE OF THE YEAR
World champion working cow horse snaffle bit
SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION
Top 16 NCHA WORLD Champion
Home of GHSRA All Around Cowboy Champion Chris wilbanks

Jerico Rebel our Movie star horse hes been in three films now 35 years old
Just passed away February 4th 2016

MY OLD DOGS GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
The one I will allways miss now deceased 01/09/2013
GR CH GRAND NT CH Handosme Trudy
SIRE PKC WLD CH GR NT WHATS UP DOC
DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

GRCH GR NT CH COBBLER CREEK WENDY
GR NT STYLISH TUFF - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER
GR NT STYLISH TACK - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER

NT CH SOUTHERN STYLE - JP'S HIGH STYLE X HOUSES LADY

Old Post 10-16-2018 03:29 PM
wjoey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wjoey Click here to Send wjoey a Private Message Find more posts by wjoey Add wjoey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joseph robinson
UKC Forum Member

I live about 20 miles from Boatman's. I used to make several trips a year to Greenfield. They carried a collar that used to buy all the time. I haven't been able to find one since. It was called a Conway rolling collar. If it got caught on something it would tend to roll over and free the dog.

Old Post 10-16-2018 04:48 PM
joseph robinson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joseph robinson Click here to Send joseph robinson a Private Message Find more posts by joseph robinson Add joseph robinson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

Does anybody remember the add Mr Wick put in the Coonhound Bloodlines magazine to hire employees when he first started WOW. He told me he received 4000 replies to that single add. I was 18 years old and John offered to relocate me to Missouri to hunt dogs and work at WOW. I backed out and have regretted it almost daily for the last 30 years.

Maybe I'm mistaken but I thought Stretch might have worked with WOW in the early years as well.

Old Post 10-16-2018 10:02 PM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
berger
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Donnie Stevens

Maybe I'm mistaken but I thought Stretch might have worked with WOW in the early years as well.

I would say your mistaken, For Stretch hasn't worked a day in his life. ROFL

319-201-8445

Old Post 10-16-2018 10:42 PM
berger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for berger Click here to Send berger a Private Message Find more posts by berger Add berger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ricochet17
UKC Forum Member

I think Stretch did work for them.

Old Post 10-16-2018 10:59 PM
Ricochet17 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ricochet17 Click here to Send Ricochet17 a Private Message Find more posts by Ricochet17 Add Ricochet17 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Berger

I think you are correct. Rofl. Dave

Old Post 10-16-2018 11:34 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thomasg
UKC Forum Member

the first sears x-mas catalog i ever saw was in the out house at pap and big mothers . it wasnt in there for reading .lol it was necessity paper. lol one of my most use hunting items is a wick briar town jacket . 20 plus years old and still getting the job done . lol the over size pockets and hand worming pockets were well thought out ideas that have served me well . had one of bills big box hand lights . was bright and rechargeable . had a sheep skin sling to put around your shoulder . needed the sling cause it was almost as heavy as a 12 volt car battery .lol

Old Post 10-19-2018 01:05 PM
thomasg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thomasg Click here to Send thomasg a Private Message Click Here to Email thomasg Find more posts by thomasg Add thomasg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
B McDaniel
UKC Forum Member

Same here! Wore the pages of that catalog out back in the day.

I never will forget, scrimped and saved and finally got up enough to buy a tracking system from WOW. Had it awhile and it would work sometimes and sometimes it wouldnt. Called them and without hesitation they said they were mailing me a loner system - to wait and not send mine until I got theirs - and keep it until they sent me mine back!!!

Now thats customer service!!!

Old Post 10-21-2018 01:09 PM
B McDaniel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for B McDaniel Click here to Send B McDaniel a Private Message Click Here to Email B McDaniel Visit B McDaniel's homepage! Find more posts by B McDaniel Add B McDaniel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John B.Dalton
UKC Forum Member

Had been selling their product since they went in business..First Hunt I ever saw them set up was the pkc world in mayfield ky in a old tobacco whse ..I was pulling a 12 foot trailer loaded to the max when they unloaded I felt kinda small..J.C.Ellis said son you look like you need to sale some stuff and bought enough to outfit every one of his handlers back then so I wouldnt starve..John was buying trade dogs to resale and mark was selling goods as fast as hunters walked up..Those were great times in the vending business but Im glad to say im still trying..

Old Post 10-21-2018 04:41 PM
John B.Dalton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John B.Dalton Click here to Send John B.Dalton a Private Message Visit John B.Dalton's homepage! Find more posts by John B.Dalton Add John B.Dalton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wjoey
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by B McDaniel
Same here! Wore the pages of that catalog out back in the day.

I never will forget, scrimped and saved and finally got up enough to buy a tracking system from WOW. Had it awhile and it would work sometimes and sometimes it wouldnt. Called them and without hesitation they said they were mailing me a loner system - to wait and not send mine until I got theirs - and keep it until they sent me mine back!!!

Now thats customer service!!!

Yep they were the measuring stick that everyone gets measured by now , none can compare but times have changed and I bet that policy would no longer be in effect.

UKC PREFORMANCE SIRE Nt ch pkc ch BAM BAM The only one out of WORLD CH BIG D X GRNT SKIPPERS UMFORGIVEN SAIGE she has 21 pups 4nt ch 5 grnt ch thats 42.85%
He is a coon dog!
Nt ch ch Insane Minnie MouseInsane cain x Malden Branch Mouse

HOME OF 2 TIME AQHA HORSE OF THE YEAR
World champion working cow horse snaffle bit
SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION
Top 16 NCHA WORLD Champion
Home of GHSRA All Around Cowboy Champion Chris wilbanks

Jerico Rebel our Movie star horse hes been in three films now 35 years old
Just passed away February 4th 2016

MY OLD DOGS GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
The one I will allways miss now deceased 01/09/2013
GR CH GRAND NT CH Handosme Trudy
SIRE PKC WLD CH GR NT WHATS UP DOC
DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

GRCH GR NT CH COBBLER CREEK WENDY
GR NT STYLISH TUFF - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER
GR NT STYLISH TACK - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER

NT CH SOUTHERN STYLE - JP'S HIGH STYLE X HOUSES LADY

Old Post 10-22-2018 01:05 AM
wjoey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wjoey Click here to Send wjoey a Private Message Find more posts by wjoey Add wjoey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rcal1
UKC Forum Member

WOW

So many memories of Wick Outdoor Works, I still smile if I see that badge on a pair of old boots or clothing. I remember thumbing through and filling out my list and adding it up to way more than I could ever save. I did however have multiple pairs of boots for myself and then my son and myself through the years. A couple wildlife tracking systems, lots of collars, and of course coon squallers.

Old Post 10-22-2018 08:58 PM
rcal1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rcal1 Click here to Send rcal1 a Private Message Click Here to Email rcal1 Find more posts by rcal1 Add rcal1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Black And Tan Man
UKC Forum Member

Im still looking for a bill boatman greenbrier coat.

Old Post 10-23-2018 01:26 AM
Black And Tan Man is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Black And Tan Man Click here to Send Black And Tan Man a Private Message Click Here to Email Black And Tan Man Find more posts by Black And Tan Man Add Black And Tan Man to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote