UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Morgantown PA hunt
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Dogface
UKC Forum Member

Morgantown PA hunt

There's a hunt the first weekend in March, anybody going?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-07-2004 02:45 AM
Dogface is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dogface Click here to Send Dogface a Private Message Click Here to Email Dogface Find more posts by Dogface Add Dogface to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Ashbaugh
UKC Forum Member

Where can I find info on this hunt?? I have never been to a hunt before, but live near here. Is it possible to go just to attend and not really participate??? I would just like to see what it is like after reading about "the hunts" so much.

Ron Ashbaugh
CROOKED FOOT KENNELS

Old Post 02-07-2004 01:40 PM
Ron Ashbaugh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Ashbaugh Click here to Send Ron Ashbaugh a Private Message Find more posts by Ron Ashbaugh Add Ron Ashbaugh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dogface
UKC Forum Member

I believe it is in the back of the Bloodlines magazine. You can go as a spectator you'll just have to find somebody to go with. I'm taking a long weekend and going down with family and friends. My buddy and I are going to enter the hunt while we're in the area.

Old Post 02-07-2004 09:49 PM
Dogface is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dogface Click here to Send Dogface a Private Message Click Here to Email Dogface Find more posts by Dogface Add Dogface to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
EnglishBabe
UKC Forum Member

Briar

Is that close to you? Hubby says Morgantown is close to Reading, which is southcentral PA. How long does it take you to get to Bill's place? We have a coonclub real close to him & I & we welcome all new ppl.

BTW, I asked Bill if he remembered Reba & he did & he was real happy to know she is still living the good life & still hunting too. Keep up the great work & come on up for a hunt sometime. Our first field trial, bench show & nite hunt is April 10th, you can tag along out as a spectator with me or go out & hunt with a cast. Be happy to have ya aboard!

Old Post 02-08-2004 12:19 AM
EnglishBabe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for EnglishBabe Click here to Send EnglishBabe a Private Message Click Here to Email EnglishBabe Find more posts by EnglishBabe Add EnglishBabe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mark michael
New UKC Forum Member

Morgantown Pa hunt

As the president of the Chester/Berks Coonhunters in Morgantown Pa, I must say yes, I will be there. I will be judging the Bench Show, and we will be having a treeing contest also. Our March hunt is usually our biggest hunt od the year, drawing about 7-10 bench dogs, and about 20-30 dogs for the nite hunt. As for the amount of coon around, our numbers are fairly good. Most of the hunters around here have put up their dogs due to the very cold weather. It is finally getting fit to hunt again, and the coon are now running. If the weather is good, look to have 3-5 trees in a 2 hr hunt...........but as we all know, some nites are great, some aren't.

Looking forward to meeting you at the hunt.

Old Post 02-09-2004 12:06 AM
mark michael is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mark michael Click here to Send mark michael a Private Message Click Here to Email mark michael Find more posts by mark michael Add mark michael to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dogface
UKC Forum Member

Same here Mark, see you there.

Old Post 02-09-2004 01:34 AM