UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Zone Numbers
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Allen / UKC
Administrator

Zone Numbers

1 Argyle, WI - 71 (17)
2 Ashland, OH - 97 (22)
3 Marshall, IL - 91 (21)
4 Miami, OK - 69 (16)
5 Rogersville, TN - 53 (13)
6 Tuscaloosa, AL - 40 (10)
7 Paris, TX - 20 (5)
Total # Entered 441 Total # Advancing 104

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-10-2019 10:35 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness, 441 hounds going for the big money. How many were there last year?

What is the breed breakdown?

Old Post 09-10-2019 11:24 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rockyford
UKC Forum Member

2018 had 492 dogs and 2017 had 514 dogs

Old Post 09-11-2019 12:31 AM
Rockyford is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rockyford Click here to Send Rockyford a Private Message Click Here to Email Rockyford Find more posts by Rockyford Add Rockyford to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ricochet17
UKC Forum Member

And with an extra $10k added too. 🤔

Old Post 09-11-2019 01:12 AM
Ricochet17 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ricochet17 Click here to Send Ricochet17 a Private Message Find more posts by Ricochet17 Add Ricochet17 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness, all of that money didn't help? What happened to all of the hunters that all of that money was supposed to bring in?

Old Post 09-11-2019 03:16 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

Location, Location!!! Of finals could be one factor, since it is as far W/NW as it will ever be. Good hunting, plenty of coon & lots of feeders (corn fields) should make for great hunt. Year it was in Georgia i never even tried to qualify, just because of location, plus snakes/gators!!! Take care, Ron.

Old Post 09-11-2019 04:02 PM
Rolin Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rolin Blues Click here to Send Rolin Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Rolin Blues Add Rolin Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Night Shift
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Oh my goodness, all of that money didn't help? What happened to all of the hunters that all of that money was supposed to bring in?

Rule changes will help it will raise next year.

Gr Nt Ch Maniac's Dark Side of the Moon

Old Post 09-11-2019 04:30 PM
Night Shift is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Night Shift Click here to Send Night Shift a Private Message Click Here to Email Night Shift Find more posts by Night Shift Add Night Shift to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ricochet17
UKC Forum Member

Re: Location

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rolin Blues
Location, Location!!! Of finals could be one factor, since it is as far W/NW as it will ever be. Good hunting, plenty of coon & lots of feeders (corn fields) should make for great hunt. Year it was in Georgia i never even tried to qualify, just because of location, plus snakes/gators!!! Take care, Ron. [/QUOTE.
Bring your hiking boots to Argyle Behne!

Old Post 09-11-2019 06:22 PM
Ricochet17 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ricochet17 Click here to Send Ricochet17 a Private Message Find more posts by Ricochet17 Add Ricochet17 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

Boots, hell

That is whats' Cub is for & his boots leak. Oh, did i mention, those are the ones he never paid me for, the last time his boots leaked!!! Take care, Ron.

Old Post 09-12-2019 01:30 AM
Rolin Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rolin Blues Click here to Send Rolin Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Rolin Blues Add Rolin Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Hunt

No doubt location and distance has played a role in the lower numbers. I only wish I had one that I thought could win, I would be there. Never hunted in Iowa, have several friends that have and I would love to hunt out there sometime. One thing nobody can say is they hunted in thin coons, they may not get put in the best spots, but should be put on coons every cast. I remember some pictures my friends took when they hunted in Iowa and all I can say is wow. Dave

Old Post 09-12-2019 05:34 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Night Shift
Rule changes will help it will raise next year.

That is what they said about all of that money last year. Numbers were better when they had it way down in Georgia in that tuff hunting where it was so hard to tree a coon. This year it is in coon heaven with all of that big money being given away. Just what is the problem? Since apparantly you cant fix it with money, I guess that some think that it can be fixed with rule changes and format changes. We will have to see what happens next year but my guess is that won't work either. At some point we will have to figure out what the real underlying problem is and quit just throwing money at it.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 09-12-2019 at 01:10 PM

Old Post 09-12-2019 01:08 PM
B McDaniel
UKC Forum Member

Want to CONTINUE to shake things up??

Make the location for the Tournament of Champions the Tennis Center at Aurora KY!!

Old Post 09-12-2019 01:13 PM
B McDaniel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for B McDaniel Click here to Send B McDaniel a Private Message Click Here to Email B McDaniel Visit B McDaniel's homepage! Find more posts by B McDaniel Add B McDaniel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
That is what they said about all of that money last year. Numbers were better when they had it way down in Georgia in that tuff hunting where it was so hard to tree a coon. This year it is in coon heaven with all of that big money being given away. Just what is the problem? Since apparantly you cant fix it with money, I guess that some think that it can be fixed with rule changes and format changes. We will have to see what happens next year but my guess is that won't work either. At some point we will have to figure out what the real underlying problem is and quit just throwing money at it.

Richard some people only get one vacation a year plus not everybody can afford those long distance drives. So you got autum oaks and the world hunt back to back they get to go have fun at oaks all week long for the same money they spend to go to the world hunt. Plus with all the confusion in our government people are afraid to spend money.

Just my opinion

Tar

Old Post 09-12-2019 01:20 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
morgan branch
UKC Forum Member

For the ones lucky enough to make it through the zones. If you haven't coonhunted in Iowa you should be more than pleased. Jack and the crew in Marshalltown will certainly do a great job of putting everyone in good spots. Don't get me wrong the dogs still need to do there part but there is not a single cast that shouldn't score on several coon. The hide hunters and trappers are a thing of the past and our coon numbers are at an all time high. Even our public ground is great hunting. The nights have been cooler and the coons are moving good. Short of the occasional stream or river you wont have to deal with much water, swamps, snakes, gators, bears ,hogs porkies but ya best have 'em deer broke cause we have plenty..It's been a long, long time since a world hunt was in Iowa and I think y'all will be Happy you were able to attend.. Good luck to all this weekend and we will see ya next week hopefully.

Old Post 09-12-2019 01:40 PM
morgan branch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for morgan branch Click here to Send morgan branch a Private Message Find more posts by morgan branch Add morgan branch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bryan K Webb
UKC Forum Member

Maybe I'm missing the whole point about the entries to the hunts... However, the biggest problem I see with low numbers at hunts is one MAIN reason in my area.... Less hunters... I'm 40 years old and would probably be considered one of the youngest in the area... We dont have a 1/3 of the hunters that we had 10 years ago... I think you're gonna see a downward trend from now on.......

Old Post 09-12-2019 01:47 PM
Bryan K Webb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bryan K Webb Click here to Send Bryan K Webb a Private Message Click Here to Email Bryan K Webb Find more posts by Bryan K Webb Add Bryan K Webb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Tarbaby, Autumn Oaks and the Zones/World Championship have been on the same dates for decades now and the economy is doing the best that it has in 10-20 years. Although they may not be spending it on coonhunting, "People" are making and spending more money now than ever.

I suspect but don't know that if someone got a total # of small game/furbearers licences purchased in all of the state's combined, you would see a dramatic decrease.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 09-12-2019 at 01:56 PM

Old Post 09-12-2019 01:51 PM
yadkintar
Banned

All these changes are designed to put interest back at the local level. And it is setting old and young around here on fire. I am 5 blocks from the club house. If you cant find somthing you like in all these programs then either pleasure hunt or take up fishing I like both.

Tar

Old Post 09-12-2019 01:53 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Tarbaby, Autumn Oaks and the Zones/World Championship have been on the same dates for decades now and the economy is doing the best that it has in 10-20 years. Although they may not be spending it on coonhunting, "People" are making and spending more money now than ever.

Maybe you are but smart people with families are not but like I said 16 hrs away from here has a lot to do with it.

Tar

Old Post 09-12-2019 01:55 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

How far were you from the hunt in Ga?

Old Post 09-12-2019 01:59 PM
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
How far were you from the hunt in Ga?

I didn’t get to go I blew my knee out and had to have surgery. Fred took him and he lives up by Jennifer. I wanted to go and would have. That once a month check I have to save up to do things now lol.

Tar

Old Post 09-12-2019 02:04 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

So the 16 hr drive is not the actual problem then.

Old Post 09-12-2019 02:18 PM
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
So the 16 hr drive is not the actual problem then.

Never have I worked so hard and been so disappointed 😞 if I would have just not hunted till the world hunt. I when I used to attend oaks the winter classic and such regurly sold ear medicine and dogs to pay my way. Family’s with kids just can’t dig up that kind of money but about once a year that’s just reality.

Tar

Old Post 09-12-2019 02:32 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

They couldn't afford it the last 10-20 yrs but they did. What is the difference? Now median income is up and poverty level is down. Economy is the best It has been in decades so you can't blame decreasing numbers on lack of money. You are going to have to look deeper than that. And I am sure that there are several vendors that would have paid your way to AO and furnished a room and food if you worked their booth.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 09-12-2019 at 02:44 PM

Old Post 09-12-2019 02:41 PM
yadkintar
Banned

Now that money is on the line this is just the first year it will get better most were watching the rule changes.

My case and point : a bunch from here are leaving for the super stakes modern rules and a paycheck let’s see what their numbers are.

I win you mays well give up !

Tarbaby

Old Post 09-12-2019 02:49 PM
Night Shift
UKC Forum Member

quote:
They couldn't afford it the last 10-20 yrs but they did. What is the difference? Now median income is up and poverty level is down. Economy is the best It has been in decades so you can't blame decreasing numbers on lack of money. You are going to have to look deeper than that. And I am sure that there are several vendors that would have paid your way to AO and furnished a room and food if you worked their booth.
Richard I’m not sure you’ve hunted the other KC’s I have a lot. I go to a hunt and I see young guys younger then me and I’m 39. When I go to UKC and there major events I see me being one of the young guys. If we can’t get the young guys to hunt UKC then guess what happens to UKC it dies out. They made changes to attract the younger generation now we will wait and see what happens.

Gr Nt Ch Maniac's Dark Side of the Moon

Last edited by Night Shift on 09-12-2019 at 04:29 PM

Old Post 09-12-2019 02:50 PM
Night Shift is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Night Shift Click here to Send Night Shift a Private Message Click Here to Email Night Shift Find more posts by Night Shift Add Night Shift to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote