UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Walker Days
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
jay brademeyer
UKC Forum Member

Walker Days

Very confusing placement listing... It was me anyway, but I'm not real sharp... Wasnt there suppose to be a final cast? Wondering who won the cash?

"Building on a solid foundation starts on the bottom side"

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-21-2019 01:23 PM
jay brademeyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jay brademeyer Click here to Send jay brademeyer a Private Message Click Here to Email jay brademeyer Find more posts by jay brademeyer Add jay brademeyer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Banana split ?

Tar

Old Post 04-21-2019 01:35 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roy Grant
UKC Forum Member

where did you find anything

Old Post 04-21-2019 01:40 PM
Roy Grant is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roy Grant Click here to Send Roy Grant a Private Message Click Here to Email Roy Grant Find more posts by Roy Grant Add Roy Grant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coondog48
UKC Forum Member

Go to front page then results then walker days April 18 go down list

Old Post 04-21-2019 02:03 PM
coondog48 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coondog48 Click here to Send coondog48 a Private Message Click Here to Email coondog48 Find more posts by coondog48 Add coondog48 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
POTOMAC
UKC Forum Member

It was a final
cast but I thought they alway took two high scoring dogs from Friday and they hunted against two high scoring dogs from sat night for the overall winner ? Looks to me they took high scoring grand nt ch dogs ?

Old Post 04-21-2019 02:05 PM
POTOMAC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for POTOMAC Click here to Send POTOMAC a Private Message Find more posts by POTOMAC Add POTOMAC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dustin15
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by POTOMAC
It was a final
cast but I thought they alway took two high scoring dogs from Friday and they hunted against two high scoring dogs from sat night for the overall winner ? Looks to me they took high scoring grand nt ch dogs ?

Pretty sure a registered dog won final cast..

GR NITE CH PR' Tuff River Angel
GR NITE CH PKC CH PR' Tuff River Crank
RIP GR NITE CH PR' Marcum's Wild Solo (handler)

Old Post 04-21-2019 02:48 PM
dustin15 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dustin15 Click here to Send dustin15 a Private Message Click Here to Email dustin15 Find more posts by dustin15 Add dustin15 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

A dog named Bubba Gump owned by Brian Grooms and handled by Eric Caudill won Walker Days. 9 year old Pr dog.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 04-21-2019 02:50 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jay brademeyer
UKC Forum Member

5k to the winner?

"Building on a solid foundation starts on the bottom side"

Old Post 04-21-2019 04:43 PM
jay brademeyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jay brademeyer Click here to Send jay brademeyer a Private Message Click Here to Email jay brademeyer Find more posts by jay brademeyer Add jay brademeyer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sonny Phipps
UKC Forum Member

It’s kinda hard to follow the way they posted it, but I think the 5k was split up to the final cast in the way they placed. Jay,Just post a video of biggun getting treed and we will all forget about the hunt and start talking about big mouth dogs of the past! 😎

Old Post 04-21-2019 06:05 PM
Sonny Phipps is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sonny Phipps Click here to Send Sonny Phipps a Private Message Click Here to Email Sonny Phipps Find more posts by Sonny Phipps Add Sonny Phipps to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Adams, Harold
UKC Forum Member

Results on Facebook ?? Not in hunt results here yet.

Old Post 04-21-2019 09:13 PM
Adams, Harold is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adams, Harold Click here to Send Adams, Harold a Private Message Click Here to Email Adams, Harold Find more posts by Adams, Harold Add Adams, Harold to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wart
UKC Forum Member

Hunt

Last year's Friday and Saturday numbers were reported at 190 and 168 I think and this years at 116 and 96 if that is correct the numbers were better in Indiana

Last edited by wart on 04-21-2019 at 09:46 PM

Old Post 04-21-2019 09:43 PM
wart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wart Click here to Send wart a Private Message Find more posts by wart Add wart to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jkidd1
UKC Forum Member

This is how the final cast is paid out, top 8 scores each night go back out to get a top 2, regardless of title, they get the top 2 from Friday and the top two from Saturday to make their final 4.

1st: $2,500
2nd: $1,250
3rd: $750
4th: $500

JEREMY KIDD
765-520-1552

*females*
GRNITECH' JR'S JANEY
(Xjr X Insane Jane)

GRNITECH ST. JOHN'S STYLISH REX
(Ol south stylish Rebel X Janey)

GRNITECH' AFTER DARK'S JAN-IT
(Sweat It X Janey)

DUAL GRNITE' LONETREE LEGEND (R.I.P.)
(Noct. Style X Southern Sky)

GRNITECH' STYLISH LITTLE PEG(R.I.P.)
(Trackman X Browns Little Peg)

GRNITECH 'PR' JANEY'S GOTTA GUN
(Wild Card X Jr's Janey)

NITECH ‘PR’ REBELS STYLISH MOJA
(Ol Souths Stylish Rebel X Janey)

AFTER DARK’S PURDY PENNY
(Big $$ X Janit)

NITECH' SEVEN MILE SLOOPY(R.I.P.)
(Skipper x Big time Trixie)

Proud UNION JOURNEYMAN LINEMAN
https://i.postimg.cc/654pWfzm/IMG-1920.png
I.B.E.W. LOCAL 1393

Old Post 04-21-2019 10:42 PM
jkidd1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jkidd1 Click here to Send jkidd1 a Private Message Click Here to Email jkidd1 Find more posts by jkidd1 Add jkidd1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chaz2012
Banned

Even money payouts cant save UKC from its downfall.

Charlie Portwood Jr.

Old Post 04-22-2019 10:17 AM
chaz2012 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chaz2012 Click here to Send chaz2012 a Private Message Click Here to Email chaz2012 Find more posts by chaz2012 Add chaz2012 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hoosier Man1
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by chaz2012
Even money payouts cant save UKC from its downfall.

I don't think it has a thing to do with the kennel club. Fact is, it is dang near impossible to get more then 100 dogs a night in any event regardless of kennel club.

It's not a format issue it's a lack of hunter issue.

Grand Nite Ch HOF PKC Silver Ch Heatseaker Unleash the Kraken(Grand at 15 months old) BBOA Overall 1st place X2, Tournament of Champions Finalist, National Bluetic Days overall winner, Autumn Oaks Grand 16x2 PKC SS Semi Finalist PKC State Hunt Final 4 UKC World Top 20
GRNT CH BLUES AMAZING GRACE
Trevor Hack
567-231-7413

Old Post 04-22-2019 06:01 PM
Hoosier Man1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hoosier Man1 Click here to Send Hoosier Man1 a Private Message Find more posts by Hoosier Man1 Add Hoosier Man1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen / UKC
Administrator

Re: Walker Days

quote:
Originally posted by jay brademeyer
Very confusing placement listing... It was me anyway, but I'm not real sharp... Wasnt there suppose to be a final cast? Wondering who won the cash?

Jay, the seven chartered breed associations have the option to separate their Grands from the Nite Champions. The TWB&FA chose that option. Therefore, each night shows the results of each of the three categories, along with the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd UKC overall highest scores. I can see where it might be a bit confusing and you're probably not alone. Without checking myself, I'm not sure how many placements they recognized in each of those categories, when it comes to awards.

Old Post 04-22-2019 07:42 PM
Allen / UKC is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John B.Dalton
UKC Forum Member

Hats off to the host club,to ukc staff,to jeremy Kidd for putting up with us as vendors and to the hunters who showed up thursday,friday and saturday..Conditions were very far from favorable..rain and wind was blowing sideways and for the most part most people were still smiling...Thanks from Valley Creek for having us and congrats to all the winners!!

Old Post 04-22-2019 08:38 PM
John B.Dalton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John B.Dalton Click here to Send John B.Dalton a Private Message Visit John B.Dalton's homepage! Find more posts by John B.Dalton Add John B.Dalton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Were there any complaints about the judging in the bench shows?

Old Post 04-23-2019 11:53 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jkidd1
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Johnny, we appreciate you coming out and making the haul to setup and support our association. We hope to see you next year!!

It can be confusing to look at on the results page for sure, here's how many dogs placed each night in each division:

*Grnite's: 1st-5th
*Nitech's: 1st-5th

* Each night we then would take the top 8 scores, regardless of division, and go back out for a late round with two 4 dog cast. We did the Friday and Saturday to make up our Final 4. The multiple placing y'all are seeing in for that dogs division, then it's placing each night over all. Hope that helps.

I personally appreciate and thank every vendor that came out to setup, and also all the hunters that showed up to hunt and support this association and UKC, you had to love coonhunting to be out in some of that weather we had 😁, Congrats to all the winners and hope to see you all next year in Rochester,IN.

JEREMY KIDD
765-520-1552

*females*
GRNITECH' JR'S JANEY
(Xjr X Insane Jane)

GRNITECH ST. JOHN'S STYLISH REX
(Ol south stylish Rebel X Janey)

GRNITECH' AFTER DARK'S JAN-IT
(Sweat It X Janey)

DUAL GRNITE' LONETREE LEGEND (R.I.P.)
(Noct. Style X Southern Sky)

GRNITECH' STYLISH LITTLE PEG(R.I.P.)
(Trackman X Browns Little Peg)

GRNITECH 'PR' JANEY'S GOTTA GUN
(Wild Card X Jr's Janey)

NITECH ‘PR’ REBELS STYLISH MOJA
(Ol Souths Stylish Rebel X Janey)

AFTER DARK’S PURDY PENNY
(Big $$ X Janit)

NITECH' SEVEN MILE SLOOPY(R.I.P.)
(Skipper x Big time Trixie)

Proud UNION JOURNEYMAN LINEMAN
https://i.postimg.cc/654pWfzm/IMG-1920.png
I.B.E.W. LOCAL 1393

Old Post 04-24-2019 01:56 AM
jkidd1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jkidd1 Click here to Send jkidd1 a Private Message Click Here to Email jkidd1 Find more posts by jkidd1 Add jkidd1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lone Pine JB
UKC Forum Member

being Easter weekend had a factor in the numbers as well.

the club did a nice job. weather didnt cooperate Friday.

Lone Pine North

Old Post 04-24-2019 02:48 PM
Lone Pine JB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lone Pine JB Click here to Send Lone Pine JB a Private Message Click Here to Email Lone Pine JB Visit Lone Pine JB's homepage! Find more posts by Lone Pine JB Add Lone Pine JB to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote