UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Blueticks > Kansas Season Opens
Pages (20): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Kansas Season Opens

Took the grandson for a couple hours. His mother let us know that 8:30 was the hunt deadline. Landyn had been ready to take the gun for some time. Treed a couple with him. My son Dusty drove over for opening night. We left the house at 9 for the second time. By 10:30 Irene had made five trees that had coon in them. Setting in the recliner at 11. Coon were obviously moving and tracking was good. The best thing was we had one walk of 500 yds and the rest we drove or she treed close.

The Hounds I Enjoyed Hunting:
Dual Gr Natural Smokey River Rebel, A buddy of mine
Gr. Nt Natural Blue Echo ( Gr Nt Quail Ck Jimmy X Nt Ch Natural Blue Bell)
Gr Nt Smokey River Chief's Joe (JBS Chief X Gr Nt Jeans Ruby)
Gr. Nt. Ch. Natural Smokey River Lucy (Chief's Joe X Muggins)
And Many More

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-19-2015 05:24 AM
blueticker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blueticker Click here to Send blueticker a Private Message Find more posts by blueticker Add blueticker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mmerrill
UKC Forum Member

Was that 500yrd one way or round trip?

Old Post 11-19-2015 07:25 PM
mmerrill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mmerrill Click here to Send mmerrill a Private Message Click Here to Email mmerrill Find more posts by mmerrill Add mmerrill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

One way. Parker and I has 14 trees with coon looked at 30 head at 10:30

And Many More

Old Post 11-20-2015 05:04 AM
blueticker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blueticker Click here to Send blueticker a Private Message Find more posts by blueticker Add blueticker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Finished the hunt at 5:15. We had treed and seen coon in 23 trees and three holes where they got the coon out and kilt it. We had two slick trees, 3 den trees and a couple holes where no coon was seen . We saw 56 coon total.

And Many More

Old Post 11-20-2015 08:59 PM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by blueticker
Finished the hunt at 5:15. We had treed and seen coon in 23 trees and three holes where they got the coon out and kilt it. We had two slick trees, 3 den trees and a couple holes where no coon was seen . We saw 56 coon total.

That would be good results for a whole month of hunting in my area. Lol

Old Post 11-21-2015 02:29 AM
ov_blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ov_blues Click here to Send ov_blues a Private Message Click Here to Email ov_blues Find more posts by ov_blues Add ov_blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

John the coon were out and we had a good hatch this year.

Phil Davis was over for a hunt. He had his gyps from Flo X Bocephus. I hunted Irene & Flo. We hunted two at a time. Both young gyps are nice and tree dogs. Flo & Audrie were split two different times and a couple times together. The others were together on their coon. Treed 11 trees with coon and seen 23. Finished the hunt at 10:45.

Irene must have been on 35 trees the past 3 nights and she hasn't picked a slick yet. Her voice is a little hoarse and she needs a night or two off. How ironic, the ol man needs a break also.

And Many More

Last edited by blueticker on 11-21-2015 at 05:44 AM

Old Post 11-21-2015 05:37 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Kansas season opens

Dennis sounds like you guys are having a ball up there.

Old Post 11-21-2015 08:08 AM
Misty river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Misty river Click here to Send Misty river a Private Message Click Here to Email Misty river Find more posts by Misty river Add Misty river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Jack, cooler temperature will slow down the coon treeing. The hounds should know what there after. A few years ago we had coon population like we have now and distemper kilt more than hunters. Wish I had a young dog that could benefit from the good hunts. We haven't heard another hound or seen other hunters since season opened.

And Many More

Old Post 11-21-2015 02:51 PM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

I'm sure someone would be willing to send you a good young hound that could benefit from that kind of coon population. Lol. Hope you are thinning them down before the distemper does.

Old Post 11-21-2015 03:04 PM
ov_blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ov_blues Click here to Send ov_blues a Private Message Click Here to Email ov_blues Find more posts by ov_blues Add ov_blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Hunted a couple hounds for Cory a few years back and one for Jerry Wheat years ago. If I hunt one I like to own it. Just can't find a young dog that excites me lately. I would buy one but a good looking loud mouth track dog that's a tree dog is hard to find.

And Many More

Old Post 11-22-2015 12:04 AM
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Hunted with Jerry, the walker man I hunt with. Treed 4 trees with coon before he headed in. Later, Irene ran a good track that covered well over a mile. The track ended up in a beaver den. Then she treed a coon after a short track. She went in a half mile made a good circle while coming in. When 5 trees with coon seem like a bad hunt, your spoiled.

And Many More

Old Post 11-23-2015 07:15 AM
River Bend blue
UKC Forum Member

Kansas coons

are getting thin down by the ole blue dogs,sounds like you have been having some good nights in the woods.I work with a guy from Garnett Ks and he said the coons in his area are thick,hope your season keeps going strong.The coons around my area is strong as it has been in a long time.

816-838-3366

Old Post 11-24-2015 02:05 AM
River Bend blue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for River Bend blue Click here to Send River Bend blue a Private Message Click Here to Email River Bend blue Find more posts by River Bend blue Add River Bend blue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

I certainly will show them some coon but not all of them. It's been 7 or more years since we have had a coon population like we have this year. Back then a neighbor picked up 14 dead coon around his barn after distemper.

Watched the "Voice" with the wife before going hunting. Struck the first one around 500 yds treed at 700. That took about 5 minutes from when I cut Irene loose. That one hung up. Then she opened around 750 on a bad track. Didn't go anywhere and half heartedly treed a slick. She is as accurate as I have hunted but she isn't perfect. She treed the next coon at 370 after a short track. Sent Flo with her on the last dump it must of took them about 3 minutes to get treed at 240 yds.

And Many More

Old Post 11-24-2015 06:28 AM
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Hunted with Steve, he was hunting Penny his walker gyp out of mojo. Treed six trees with coon. Had a rough deal on a big creek with lots of log jams. Took over an hour before they got off the creek into a pecan Grove to get treed.

And Many More

Old Post 11-25-2015 05:29 AM
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Took the grandkids for a little coonhunt. We didn't get an early start but was able to see 2 treed. Must of took the better part of an hour to walk in and out 500 yds. Had a great time though.

And Many More

Old Post 11-26-2015 05:05 AM
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

20 mph wind out of the north & rain. Temperature dropping at 38 deg. Old man and hounds not tough enough to hunt.

And Many More

Old Post 11-27-2015 02:40 AM
Home Brew Blue
UKC Forum Member

Hunt

A real hunter & a real coon treeing hound would be out in this type of conditions hunting. You used to be my idle I thought you was a real coon hunter that hunted real coon treeing hound. But I guess Leck will be my idle from here on out.

2014 UKC TOP 100
Ch GrNtCh HomeBrew Blue Bo Diddly
2015 WORLD CHAMPION BLUETICK
Gone but not forgotten
Dual Grand Pine Hill Bonnie

Old Post 11-27-2015 06:18 AM
Home Brew Blue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Home Brew Blue Click here to Send Home Brew Blue a Private Message Click Here to Email Home Brew Blue Find more posts by Home Brew Blue Add Home Brew Blue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Leck wouldn't be a good idle unless you were raising pumpkins.

And Many More

Old Post 11-27-2015 03:44 PM
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

I hunted with Richard and his young hound Bo. Tracking was tough and seemed to get worse the later it got. Treed six trees with coon.

And Many More

Old Post 11-29-2015 03:29 PM
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Phil was up from Arkansas for a hunt. He's very much like JP hunts until about midnight and hollers out "uncle". Rained much of the day and tracking not all that good. We did manage to tree 8 trees that we saw coon in. We stayed away from the flooded creeks and bigger timber.

And Many More

Old Post 11-30-2015 02:41 PM
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Phil & Darrel and I are having a tough night. Headed in after treeing 5 trees with coon. Frost pretty heavy and JP curled up under the covers at 1:30.

And Many More

Old Post 12-01-2015 07:32 AM
Home Brew Blue
UKC Forum Member

What did you just wake up from your nap to post this? I'm still at it & will be until 6am.

2014 UKC TOP 100
Ch GrNtCh HomeBrew Blue Bo Diddly
2015 WORLD CHAMPION BLUETICK
Gone but not forgotten
Dual Grand Pine Hill Bonnie

Old Post 12-01-2015 07:35 AM
Home Brew Blue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Home Brew Blue Click here to Send Home Brew Blue a Private Message Click Here to Email Home Brew Blue Find more posts by Home Brew Blue Add Home Brew Blue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Phil, Darrel and I stopped by McDonald's on the way hunting. A fella and his wife in the restaurant ask if we had been deer hunting. I told him we were going coon hunting. He told us he had coon hunted years ago and was from Wisconsin. I ask him if he knew Don Sandberg from Eau Claire and he did. I then ask his name and I couldn't believe it when he said Dave Nelson. I then told him that he had stayed at my house before and hunted. Dave had that blank look. I told him who I was and he was so surprised. He said I had changed in 35 years and I told him the same. We visited for a while before saying our goodbyes. It's a small world we live in.

And Many More

Old Post 12-01-2015 03:43 PM
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Phil, Darrel and I tripped up to Jerrold Parkers for a hunt. Cindy looked real good and Bo treed a few coon also. Irene appeared to be on drugs. Phil and Darrel's hounds struggled with high banks and water. They got treed on a couple coons by themselves. Phil thought we treed 10 or 11 trees with coon.

And Many More

Old Post 12-03-2015 07:15 PM
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Duane Swofford was up to pick up a couple bulls and had Boomer for a coon hunt. I took Irene. Treed 6 trees with coon. Boomer has a big mouth, works cold tracks and trees the coon. Doesn't need a track to get treed with a coon. Great sounding treedog. Flo will be bred to Boomer when she comes in season. (Aunt x Nephew cross)

And Many More

Old Post 12-04-2015 06:05 AM