UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Blueticks > Kansas Season Opens
Pages (20): « First ... « 18 19 [20]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Tim was over with Kate & John. I hunted Luke & Reb. We decided to turn John & Reb together. They ran a track 600 yds that we had squalled out. They finished it in a field entrance tube. Next Reb struck at 625 yds where John put in and they put it in a drift. On the way back to the truck they treed a coon. We sent all 4 hounds and they treed a den at 250 yds. Next drop Luke & Reb split off from Kate & John. Kate & John treed a den tree a mile from where we cut loose. Luke & Reb ran one to a pond. There was lots of tall weeds around the pond. After a few circles around the pond I heard Luke catch the coon. He was only 200 yds in, I headed to them. The coon got away and got in the water. Luke was following the coon but didn't want any part of this big fella in the deep water. After a couple more battles close to the edge, Tim showed up with reinforcements. All four hounds finally worked him over.

Nick, I hunt out of a Geo Tracker 4x4. It goes about everywhere.

The Hounds I Enjoyed Hunting:
Dual Gr Natural Smokey River Rebel, A buddy of mine
Gr. Nt Natural Blue Echo ( Gr Nt Quail Ck Jimmy X Nt Ch Natural Blue Bell)
Gr Nt Smokey River Chief's Joe (JBS Chief X Gr Nt Jeans Ruby)
Gr. Nt. Ch. Natural Smokey River Lucy (Chief's Joe X Muggins)
And Many More

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-07-2019 07:02 PM
blueticker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blueticker Click here to Send blueticker a Private Message Find more posts by blueticker Add blueticker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Met up with Steve. He had Maggie & Roscoe. I hunted Reb & Bonnie. First drop The girls get treed at 650 yds with a coon. Roscoe 75 yds deeper in a big oak, no coon seen. Next drop we sent Roscoe & Reb. They make well over a mile circle in big woods and disnt get treed. We send the girls the other direction and they tree on a big den at 730 yes. Next drop Roscoe trees first at 290 yds. He had 3 coon. Next drop the girls get treed around 500 yds with a coon. Last drop 650 yds with 2 coon. Sure a nice night to be coon hunting. We headed home around 10:30 . A fishing trip planned in the am.

And Many More

Old Post 12-11-2019 06:21 AM
blueticker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blueticker Click here to Send blueticker a Private Message Find more posts by blueticker Add blueticker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

The blue dogs have been getting under a few coon the past couple weeks. Jim Combs & Jim Moss was up to hunt last night. We did tree four trees with coon before Combs got in water over his boots. We headed in before nine. The hounds did a good job on the coon.

And Many More

Old Post 12-23-2019 04:33 PM
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Matt hadn't been up for several months. We had a good hunt last night. Moe & Luke split treed a couple times. Treed 8 trees total. They all had at least one coon.

And Many More

Old Post 12-28-2019 04:19 PM
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Scott Cole & grandson Aiden was over for a coon hunt. The hounds had to go through three different sections and no strike. Coon went to moving and we treed 4 trees with coon. Aiden assured me he could get the coon rolled out. It took a couple of rounds but he harvested his first coon.

And Many More

Old Post 12-31-2019 05:32 AM
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

The past couple nights have been good hunting. Treed five trees with coon both nights. Scott Cole was over Tuesday and Tim Stone was over tonight. Sadie sure did good Tuesday. Kate & Bonnie did their normal coon treeing. Tim's pup treed his first coon.

And Many More

Old Post 01-16-2020 04:17 AM
Team Mafia 2
UKC Forum Member

I sure enjoy reading about these hunts. Would an ugly little walker pup be welcome to tag along one night???

Dalton Cummings
918-533-6545

Old Post 01-17-2020 05:10 PM
Team Mafia 2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Team Mafia 2 Click here to Send Team Mafia 2 a Private Message Click Here to Email Team Mafia 2 Find more posts by Team Mafia 2 Add Team Mafia 2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Steve hunts walkers every night we go. You need to see his Shack power anyways. The Roscoe dog sure enough can get it done quick.

Tim was up tonight with Kate & Ben. I took Luke & Pearl. We treed a coon around 300 yrs. We sent on where Kate got treed close on a big hedg, no coon but limbs to cross out everywhere. Luke was a half mile on a big oak with a coon. Kate trees first on a big den tree on the next deal. They ran a hot track to the den. They all run in a corn field on the next drop. Luke brings one to a culvert right by us. He goes in one end and the coon comes out the other and crosses the road to anouther culvert. Luke was 5 feet behind him on the second culvert. The coon dashes out of culvert 2 with the big blue dog a few feet behind. The coon whipped his butt and got in a small pond whistle. Kate got treed at 400 yds with a coon. Last turnout Luke caught one in a drift or beaver hole. The reinforcements were close and assisted in the battle. We just called the hounds to us when the coon quit squalling. Good hunt with a good friend.

And Many More

Old Post 01-19-2020 05:34 AM
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

It's been a little cold for this old man the past few nights. I've hunted many nights that were below 20 but not any more. I'm headed to Baton Rouge to see Sleepy in a few days to get a couple pups from Ann x Botox. This cross has great potential to make top hounds.

And Many More

Last edited by blueticker on 01-21-2020 at 03:21 AM

Old Post 01-21-2020 03:18 AM
Eddie Green
UKC Forum Member

thought you were picking up pups at winter classic

GRNT GREEN'S TRIPLE B LONESOME ZEKE
GRNT GREENS TRIPLE B BLUE ABBY
TRIPLE B LOUD MOUTH LINCOLN
GREEN'S TRIPLE B YELLOWSTONE RIP
GREEN'S TRIPLE B GRAND CLEORA
GREEN'S TRIPLE B BIG TIME MARTHA
NTCH SMITHS TREE BUSTING STINGER

R.I.P. GREENS TRIPLE B BLUE ROY
R.I.P. GREENS TRIPLE B BLUE THUMP

BOOMER SOONER!!!!!!!!!

Old Post 01-21-2020 01:43 PM
Eddie Green is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Eddie Green Click here to Send Eddie Green a Private Message Click Here to Email Eddie Green Find more posts by Eddie Green Add Eddie Green to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

If your honest with yourself about a hound, theres a chance you'll have a decent hound on your lead.

Scott was over for a hunt. Sadie, Luke and the young gyps ran a good track 300 yds to a hole. Same thing happens the last time I hunted that spot. Luke got treed 250 yds deeper. Sadie was with him. It was extremely slick. Next drop anouther beaver hole. Next drop 650 yds, worked a short track and treed a coon. Last drop they all ran a good track several hundred yards to a beaver hole on a big pond. Luke went 375 yds deeper and treed anouther slick. This hound is usually very accurate. He's not 4 sale yet. Luke wasn't put on a lead after the slick tree. He normally stays with me on the way to the truck. He had crossed the road by the truck and I could tell he was working a track. We had called the others to us. Luke doesnt open on cold tracks. After taking the track several hundred yards he opens a few times and gets treed nearly a half mile from us. I walk in to find him treed up a big oak with 3 coon. Not a great night of treeing coon but it was a reality check.

And Many More

Old Post 01-22-2020 06:24 AM
Eddie Green
UKC Forum Member

Please call when you decide to sell him for treeing slick trees.

GRNT GREEN'S TRIPLE B LONESOME ZEKE
GRNT GREENS TRIPLE B BLUE ABBY
TRIPLE B LOUD MOUTH LINCOLN
GREEN'S TRIPLE B YELLOWSTONE RIP
GREEN'S TRIPLE B GRAND CLEORA
GREEN'S TRIPLE B BIG TIME MARTHA
NTCH SMITHS TREE BUSTING STINGER

R.I.P. GREENS TRIPLE B BLUE ROY
R.I.P. GREENS TRIPLE B BLUE THUMP

BOOMER SOONER!!!!!!!!!

Old Post 01-22-2020 02:54 PM
Eddie Green is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Eddie Green Click here to Send Eddie Green a Private Message Click Here to Email Eddie Green Find more posts by Eddie Green Add Eddie Green to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Met Steve and his son n law, Mark for a hunt. Mark had his black & tan and Steve had Vi. First drop there hounds treed in a hole 300 yds in. Luke treed .84 with a coon. Next drop that all treed at 550 yes on a big oak. No coon seen but a nest up high and possibly a den tree. We made a couple more turnouts but nothing treed. A tough night treeing coon.

And Many More

Old Post 01-26-2020 04:54 AM