UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Black & Tans > Back in time
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Kenneth Tavares
Banned

Back in time

If you could go back in time and breed to a B&T stud(that you didn't use) which would it be?

1/24/02---5/21/12
Manning, South Carolina
Ph. 803-840-2013
If you text this number you won’t get a response unless you include your name.

💰💰Click blue link to check us out on Facebook💰💰
👉🏼 Tavares' First Class Black & Tans 👈🏼

Tone it down guys, or they will delete another good topic...

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-04-2017 08:57 PM
Kenneth Tavares is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kenneth Tavares Click here to Send Kenneth Tavares a Private Message Click Here to Email Kenneth Tavares Find more posts by Kenneth Tavares Add Kenneth Tavares to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doug A
UKC Forum Member

I always regretted not breeding to Jeff Nelsons original Northern Buck. I tried to make up for it by breeding to Buck II though.

Old Post 04-05-2017 12:47 AM
Doug A is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doug A Click here to Send Doug A a Private Message Click Here to Email Doug A Find more posts by Doug A Add Doug A to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Charles Pullen
UKC Forum Member

During my time hunting black dogs I would say OX

Before the black dogs was the Walkers but if I could back then it would be a black dog it would be Ozark Screaming Bo .

Last edited by Charles Pullen on 04-05-2017 at 06:30 AM

Old Post 04-05-2017 06:24 AM
Charles Pullen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Charles Pullen Click here to Send Charles Pullen a Private Message Click Here to Email Charles Pullen Find more posts by Charles Pullen Add Charles Pullen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry B.
UKC Forum Member

That would be hard for me to choose just one. My choices would be McDonald's Recharge, Davis's Midnight Screaming Eagle, Tennessee Big Wheel, Schenker's Black Smokey, Voyles black Jack, Hulme's ghost and the list could go on and on.

NITE CH GRCH. TIM'S HURRICANE CREEK DOZER HTX DNA-P (GrndSireBTTBCane)
NITE CH. LARRY'S HURRICANE HAWKGONE DNA-P (BTTB BlackHawk) 2018-2019 PERFORMANCE SIRE
CH. HURRICANE STORMIN LUCY LOU (Sire Ike) (Half Owner Jason & Joey of Hurricane Creek B&T Kennel II)
CH HURRICANE ATNITE BIG HOWLER (My 5th generation son!) (Sire Hurricane HawkGone) (GrandSire Dozer)
GR CH 3 IKE'S BLACK JOE (Sire- GrNiteChGrCh Cooper's Stormin Ike)
CH.HURRICANE CREEK ROGUE ONE (Sire Howler, Grand Sire HawkGone)
LARRY'S HURRICANE CREEK RAE (sire Howler, grand sire HawkGone)
BLACKBURNS BEE (Sire Blackburns Snuffy II)(Half Owner with Jon Kibler)
NEW HOUNDS IN THE KENNEL;
HURRICANE HARLEM'S HARLO (Sire Harlem)
HURRICANE KIBLER'S ANNIE (Sire 6 gun Albert)

Old Post 04-05-2017 03:23 PM
Larry B. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry B. Click here to Send Larry B. a Private Message Find more posts by Larry B. Add Larry B. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry B.
UKC Forum Member

woops you said didn't use, so that would rule out Schenker's Blck Smokey. I had a male directly out of him.

NITE CH GRCH. TIM'S HURRICANE CREEK DOZER HTX DNA-P (GrndSireBTTBCane)
NITE CH. LARRY'S HURRICANE HAWKGONE DNA-P (BTTB BlackHawk) 2018-2019 PERFORMANCE SIRE
CH. HURRICANE STORMIN LUCY LOU (Sire Ike) (Half Owner Jason & Joey of Hurricane Creek B&T Kennel II)
CH HURRICANE ATNITE BIG HOWLER (My 5th generation son!) (Sire Hurricane HawkGone) (GrandSire Dozer)
GR CH 3 IKE'S BLACK JOE (Sire- GrNiteChGrCh Cooper's Stormin Ike)
CH.HURRICANE CREEK ROGUE ONE (Sire Howler, Grand Sire HawkGone)
LARRY'S HURRICANE CREEK RAE (sire Howler, grand sire HawkGone)
BLACKBURNS BEE (Sire Blackburns Snuffy II)(Half Owner with Jon Kibler)
NEW HOUNDS IN THE KENNEL;
HURRICANE HARLEM'S HARLO (Sire Harlem)
HURRICANE KIBLER'S ANNIE (Sire 6 gun Albert)

Old Post 04-05-2017 03:25 PM
Larry B. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry B. Click here to Send Larry B. a Private Message Find more posts by Larry B. Add Larry B. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rweller
UKC Forum Member

To be honest I never really paid much attention on what dogs were reproducing dogs and breeding that much. I just wanted a top notch coondog. One I could win in the hunts with and tree coons with every night.
I guess thinking about it, Bailies Ozark Buckaroo would have to be on that list. Probably a few more but would have to think about it.

GR.Nt.Ch. Pr Black Magic Queen
Past home of Gr.Nt.Ch. Splitters Magic Otis 2014 Black and Tan Days King of Hunt. GRNITECH'PR' Roughton's Black Splitter X Gr.Nt.Ch. Black Magic Queen

Old Post 04-05-2017 06:12 PM
rweller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rweller Click here to Send rweller a Private Message Click Here to Email rweller Find more posts by rweller Add rweller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Orville White J
UKC Forum Member

smith black hobe and Ozark screaming BO.

Old Post 04-05-2017 10:54 PM
Orville White J is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Orville White J Click here to Send Orville White J a Private Message Click Here to Email Orville White J Find more posts by Orville White J Add Orville White J to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rip
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Orville White J
smith black hobe and Ozark screaming BO.

I second that, and Splittin Ax as well.

Old Post 04-06-2017 12:18 AM
Rip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rip Click here to Send Rip a Private Message Click Here to Email Rip Visit Rip's homepage! Find more posts by Rip Add Rip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blackdawg
UKC Forum Member

Obviously Combs & Smiths Smokey for me. A few others are Hi Dollar Dancer, Ragin Ranger, Lone Hill Brutus, Kansas Jr, Buck II, Coon Cravin Raven, Gentleman Jim, Hoss II, Piney Creek Cash.

Brock Smith
H- 606-633-7730
C- 606-369-7317

Old Post 04-06-2017 02:38 AM
blackdawg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blackdawg Click here to Send blackdawg a Private Message Click Here to Email blackdawg Find more posts by blackdawg Add blackdawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ethan howard
UKC Forum Member

I would go back and try to get some Black Mac, Gentleman Jim, and Tenn Rambler blood back up on these dogs pedigrees today

(865)-603-7567
crkdogs@gmail.com
CLINCH RIVER KENNELS
Grch Grnitech 'PR' Clinch River Jack Daniels
2017 RQE#22 Overton County 2nd Place
Highest scoring dog at SEB&TD sectional
King of Show Tellico Mountain Coon Hunters Club Walker Sectional
2017 Ukc World Qualified
2017 PKC Youth World Qualified

Tall Tails Hunting and Feed Supply
C-(865)-603-7567

Old Post 04-06-2017 07:04 PM
ethan howard is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ethan howard Click here to Send ethan howard a Private Message Click Here to Email ethan howard Find more posts by ethan howard Add ethan howard to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
L.Richard
UKC Forum Member

Why?

I would think....the real question should be,if you could go back in time...who would you breed to,and why?

517-605-3199

Old Post 04-07-2017 10:48 AM
L.Richard is offline Click Here to See the Profile for L.Richard Click here to Send L.Richard a Private Message Click Here to Email L.Richard Find more posts by L.Richard Add L.Richard to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mike Hilty
UKC Forum Member

Eads Big Frank

Lee Eads /Big Frank male, had the cold nose I wanted, he was old , hot summer day, when I bred to him, my female did not take.Always wondered what if.....Like a do over.

Old Post 04-08-2017 06:10 PM
Mike Hilty is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mike Hilty Click here to Send Mike Hilty a Private Message Find more posts by Mike Hilty Add Mike Hilty to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
skidiver
UKC Forum Member

Eads Bruiser. Hunted with several dogs out of him. Cold nose with big bawl mouths on track. Houndy looking as well. I guess going back in the day depends how old you are. Tenn Rambler would have been another I'd like to have bred to..... Owned dogs out of Tenn Wheeler, Lawson's Big Hoss, Ozark Screamin Bo, C&S Smokey, Myers Mighty Stump and Davis' Blk Jack and others.

Old Post 04-09-2017 02:45 AM
skidiver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for skidiver Click here to Send skidiver a Private Message Find more posts by skidiver Add skidiver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
James Tolliver
UKC Forum Member

None other than " Sowder's Go Jo"!

Legend has it Dale Sowder told it; When he first purchased Go Jo that he was the fastest dog on four feet. Dale said, If Go Jo was running a deer? Nothing could catch him and if he was running a coon? Nothing could beat him to the tree!
That being said, we all know those Souped up Speed Demons with superb speed usually consistently over runs tracks and goofs up a pack of dogs on fast game UNLESS? The dog has a superb Nose that will allow him to chase game with his head up and the hammer down! Along with Intelligence. IMO.

As far as i'm concerned Go Jo's breeding is what made Dale Sowders a household name. Dale Sowders Go Jo helped in the lineage of Comb's & Smith's Smokey. Go Jo is found doubled up in Piney Creek Cash blood, Cash fortunately won the 1984 PCA/ PKC World Championship Nite hunt.

All 3 dogs mentioned are in the bloodlines I own today.
When I make a cross I zero in on the Speed gene!

Ph. 740- 710- 6435

Home of:
'PR'Party Time Ann.

GrNiteCh,'PR'Tolliver's Black Oak Ace, - Some of the Greatest Memories.

Past Home of:
GrNiteCh,'PR'Smokey 7
GrNiteCh,'PR'Roberts Dix River Party Girl
NiteCh,'PR'Tolliver's Party Queen
NiteCh,'PR'Kansas Smokin Lizzy
NiteCh,'PR'Late Nite Banker
NiteCh,'PR'Uptown Extreme Shooter
NiteCh,'PR'Tolliver's Boaz

Last edited by James Tolliver on 04-12-2017 at 03:30 PM

Old Post 04-12-2017 03:27 PM
James Tolliver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for James Tolliver Click here to Send James Tolliver a Private Message Click Here to Email James Tolliver Find more posts by James Tolliver Add James Tolliver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shawnstovall
UKC Forum Member

my choices would be hobo hoss, black bart, billy's old smokey dog, buckaroo, gentleman jim

918-961-2434
Home to:
Pr S&J's Shack's Backwoods Patches (walker)
'PR' Stovall's Black Knight Wild Willy
Past Home to:
dual grand stovall's black knight george (gone but not forgotten)
pr D&S' black little luke (1st and 3rd place wins) (davis black luke x paynes black june) gone but not forgotten
Dual Grand Davis' black hutch (gone but not forgotten)

Old Post 04-12-2017 10:12 PM
shawnstovall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shawnstovall Click here to Send shawnstovall a Private Message Click Here to Email shawnstovall Find more posts by shawnstovall Add shawnstovall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
berger
UKC Forum Member

If I am going back in time it wouldn't be to breed to a dog but instead it would be to go back to Jeff Nelson and Mark Reed an talk them into letting me buy stud service and collecting their studs, Nelson's Northern Buck and Black Land Bear. Reproducing ability that comes along about once every 20 to 25yrs. we had them both in a 10yr. period so we could be in a 40 to 50yr. drought.

319-201-8445

Old Post 04-16-2017 01:36 PM
berger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for berger Click here to Send berger a Private Message Find more posts by berger Add berger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
STROKIN
UKC Forum Member

Brock's Hobo

Old Post 04-16-2017 01:54 PM
STROKIN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for STROKIN Click here to Send STROKIN a Private Message Click Here to Email STROKIN Find more posts by STROKIN Add STROKIN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
L.Richard
UKC Forum Member

Brock's Hobo

Just wondering why you mentioned Hobo?

517-605-3199

Old Post 04-16-2017 04:39 PM
L.Richard is offline Click Here to See the Profile for L.Richard Click here to Send L.Richard a Private Message Click Here to Email L.Richard Find more posts by L.Richard Add L.Richard to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Billy George
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by berger
Nelson's Northern Buck and Black Land Bear.
Reproducing ability that comes along about once every 20 to 25yrs. we had them both in a 10yr. period so we could be in a 40 to 50yr. drought.

Omer are throwing the breed under the bus for the next 50 years???

PR B and B's Smokin' Willie

"PR"B and B's Coon Doctor
( Gr.Nite Ch.Bee Creek Dr.Max xGr.Nite Ch. Moonshine Maggie)

Past Home of:

Nite Ch. "PR"B and B's Smokin' Misty (2007-2018)

Nite Ch B&B's Black Hoss (1992-2003)

Nite Ch.Gr.Ch. Shaker Hill Mr. Grubbs (2003-2011)

Old Post 04-16-2017 05:36 PM
Billy George is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Billy George Click here to Send Billy George a Private Message Click Here to Email Billy George Visit Billy George's homepage! Find more posts by Billy George Add Billy George to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
berger
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Billy George
Omer are throwing the breed under the bus for the next 50 years???

Not at all Billy.

319-201-8445

Old Post 04-16-2017 06:20 PM
berger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for berger Click here to Send berger a Private Message Find more posts by berger Add berger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gene Houston
UKC Forum Member

Ozark Screaming Bo

Old Post 04-16-2017 07:24 PM
Gene Houston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gene Houston Click here to Send Gene Houston a Private Message Find more posts by Gene Houston Add Gene Houston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Billy George
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by berger
Not at all Billy.

Didn't think so, but had to ask anyway.

PR B and B's Smokin' Willie

"PR"B and B's Coon Doctor
( Gr.Nite Ch.Bee Creek Dr.Max xGr.Nite Ch. Moonshine Maggie)

Past Home of:

Nite Ch. "PR"B and B's Smokin' Misty (2007-2018)

Nite Ch B&B's Black Hoss (1992-2003)

Nite Ch.Gr.Ch. Shaker Hill Mr. Grubbs (2003-2011)

Old Post 04-16-2017 07:35 PM
Billy George is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Billy George Click here to Send Billy George a Private Message Click Here to Email Billy George Visit Billy George's homepage! Find more posts by Billy George Add Billy George to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
berger
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Billy George
Didn't think so, but had to ask anyway.

Billy if I had semen stored on these 2 I would be set for a long time in coonhounds. They had the reproducing IT factor you can breed to any male you want now on what you prefer or trying to get Mouth, drive, competiveness, tracking, tree, winners your just not gonna find it in one load or in the percentages.

319-201-8445

Old Post 04-16-2017 09:28 PM
STROKIN
UKC Forum Member

Re: Brock's Hobo

quote:
Originally posted by L.Richard
Just wondering why you mentioned Hobo?

He threw a lot of winners. Only black dog EVER to win super stakes sire of the year. I only hunted with a couple off him, one was yours Leon, and I really liked what I saw. That line of dogs, old rambler strain, had good speed and hunt without losing any treeing.

Old Post 04-16-2017 10:14 PM
STROKIN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for STROKIN Click here to Send STROKIN a Private Message Click Here to Email STROKIN Find more posts by STROKIN Add STROKIN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
L.Richard
UKC Forum Member

Hobo

I think you are on to something,and I agree.A lot of what you witnessed, came from the mothers side as well.

517-605-3199

Old Post 04-17-2017 10:43 AM