UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Curs and Feists > Coon hunting
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
skeets
UKC Forum Member

al is just telling the truth,you can look at streak and his off spring and know what they are.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-05-2014 01:34 AM
skeets is offline Click Here to See the Profile for skeets Click here to Send skeets a Private Message Click Here to Email skeets Find more posts by skeets Add skeets to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Plus Points
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: LOL

quote:
Originally posted by Al Medcalf
Uh....Streak
Y'all need to go had and get a streakhaters.com website too.

Old Post 01-05-2014 02:10 AM
Plus Points is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Plus Points Click here to Send Plus Points a Private Message Click Here to Email Plus Points Find more posts by Plus Points Add Plus Points to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
luv2hunt08
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by skeets
al is just telling the truth,you can look at streak and his off spring and know what they are.

Can't disagree with that but none of you boys seem to mind them with ears longer than my AKC Walker dog, or seem to notice more open on the ground and come treed with a HUGE locate. Surely no hound introduced since 1957-- what a joke
Dean Wright

Old Post 01-05-2014 02:10 AM
luv2hunt08 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for luv2hunt08 Click here to Send luv2hunt08 a Private Message Click Here to Email luv2hunt08 Find more posts by luv2hunt08 Add luv2hunt08 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sqman
UKC Forum Member

All i can say is.....WOW...lol

Mohawks Whistln Dixie (OMC)
Pine Mtn Crazy Ann

Old Post 01-05-2014 02:31 AM
sqman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sqman Click here to Send sqman a Private Message Find more posts by sqman Add sqman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oldman
UKC Forum Member

majority of the ol time mtn. curs were bawl mouth until the plott curs were added yrs. ago..the plott curs were chop mouth until the big plott breeders add blood hound & a lol of every thing else to get them more houndy looking. they didn't think anyone would want them as cur dogs.
the dictionary defination off a cur isn't about the mtn cur dogs as their bloodlines can be traced back to the old countries were they originally came from. they were called hounds & had five toes.the fifth toe gave them more ability to climb thru some of the cliffs in the area where they were hunted..
I at one time had a history of these ol dogs & where they came from.I let a friend have a lot of info that I wish I had kept.

Pound Va

Ph: 276-796-5321

i'm drinking from my saucer
cause my cup has overflowed

Old Post 01-05-2014 02:50 AM
oldman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oldman Click here to Send oldman a Private Message Click Here to Email oldman Find more posts by oldman Add oldman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Al Medcalf
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: LOL

quote:
Originally posted by smallshot
Now now " Streakin Al " lol. Don't take your belt to me. I aint the one that started it. Spank your own kid for a change.

Mine are much too old to spank.....They had their share of them though. I've been called Streakin Al so dang many times that I answer to it now.

Last edited by Al Medcalf on 01-05-2014 at 04:34 AM

Old Post 01-05-2014 03:30 AM
Al Medcalf is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Al Medcalf Click here to Send Al Medcalf a Private Message Click Here to Email Al Medcalf Find more posts by Al Medcalf Add Al Medcalf to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Al Medcalf
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: LOL

quote:
Originally posted by Plus Points
Y'all need to go had and get a streakhaters.com website too.

Great Idea!

Old Post 01-05-2014 03:32 AM
Al Medcalf is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Al Medcalf Click here to Send Al Medcalf a Private Message Click Here to Email Al Medcalf Find more posts by Al Medcalf Add Al Medcalf to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jason Wilson
UKC Forum Member

Re: Coon hunting

quote:
Originally posted by schunter
Those of you who coon hunt with mountain curs...how do they fair as coon dogs? I've only ever hunted coons with larger breeds that hunt out further and have a little more weight to handle an ole coon. Do the curs have enough to give a coon fight without getting whipped?
It's all about how much rear end a dog has size don't matter. First cur coon dog I owned was a 30 lb female 3/4 kemmer 1/4 streak. Watched her kill a many a coon while surrounded by big mouth hounds booooing and bawling. You don't need a kill dog if your a good enough shot.

Last edited by Jason Wilson on 01-06-2014 at 01:20 AM

Old Post 01-06-2014 12:56 AM
Jason Wilson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jason Wilson Click here to Send Jason Wilson a Private Message Click Here to Email Jason Wilson Find more posts by Jason Wilson Add Jason Wilson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote