UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Black & Tans > Back in time
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
STROKIN
UKC Forum Member

Re: Hobo

quote:
Originally posted by L.Richard
I think you are on to something,and I agree.A lot of what you witnessed, came from the mothers side as well.

Of course but he had something extra to put in them. Duke was hunting her but wouldn't let me spectate but they came back to the club because of a question. So the guide said I could go with him and help guide LOL. She didn't win but got split at the end of the hunt. I spectated Hoss at Black and Tan days when he won and he looked awesome. Did everything you wanted to see.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-18-2017 01:25 AM
STROKIN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for STROKIN Click here to Send STROKIN a Private Message Click Here to Email STROKIN Find more posts by STROKIN Add STROKIN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
L.Richard
UKC Forum Member

I agree

I would raise one question...where does one go to today to find this family of dogs,that operate in the same fashion?

517-605-3199

Old Post 04-18-2017 10:35 AM
L.Richard is offline Click Here to See the Profile for L.Richard Click here to Send L.Richard a Private Message Click Here to Email L.Richard Find more posts by L.Richard Add L.Richard to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
STROKIN
UKC Forum Member

Re: I agree

quote:
I would raise one question...where does one go to today to find this family of dogs,that operate in the same fashion?

I think there are some out there. Troubles, poison, Buddy and Rapper. I've heard some very good things about them. I've hunted with Troubles and saw some of the same stuff in him. I really think he should be bred to a lot more females than he has. Nick told me about Buddy and Rapper. What little he has told me reminds me of Deacon. Go hunting until they find a coon.
I think if someone hard a super hard going female, let's say off Jammer, and then cross that over on Troubles. A Junior female or anything like those. I think you would have to double or even triple up on that blood and it will come out.
I tried to cross my Hayes female on Troubles but she doesn't swell up very much and we had to AI and she didn't catch.

Old Post 04-19-2017 01:11 AM
STROKIN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for STROKIN Click here to Send STROKIN a Private Message Click Here to Email STROKIN Find more posts by STROKIN Add STROKIN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
L.Richard
UKC Forum Member

Good plan

Make's sense.No question...Hobo did a great job,I think he only got to sire a handful of pup's.Sonny would know for sure,I think only five or six litter's.What could of happened if he got to sire twenty?How many did you hunt with directly out of Hobo?

517-605-3199

Old Post 04-19-2017 11:02 AM
L.Richard is offline Click Here to See the Profile for L.Richard Click here to Send L.Richard a Private Message Click Here to Email L.Richard Find more posts by L.Richard Add L.Richard to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dan D.
UKC Forum Member

KT your mailbox is full

Old Post 04-19-2017 04:02 PM
Dan D. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dan D. Click here to Send Dan D. a Private Message Click Here to Email Dan D. Find more posts by Dan D. Add Dan D. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
STROKIN
UKC Forum Member

Re: Good plan

quote:
Make's sense.No question...Hobo did a great job,I think he only got to sire a handful of pup's.Sonny would know for sure,I think only five or six litter's.What could of happened if he got to sire twenty?How many did you hunt with directly out of Hobo?

Just two, yours and hoss. But I had a female that went back to him and she went back to one called plain Jane. Also just heard about the smokey dog and another female. Can't remember her name but was a litter mate to Jane.

Old Post 04-23-2017 03:03 PM
STROKIN
UKC Forum Member

Leon

Hobo had 58 pups. 2 grand and 6 NTCH. That would be 13.79 percent. That's according to this old set of papers. PKC set says his earnings was $2174 and his pups earnings was $26,948. But that may have been before hoss place second in the world

Old Post 04-23-2017 03:10 PM
B&Ttreed2017
Banned

Tough Question

But one hound that was overlooked several times was the one & only BO DIDLEY owned by Danny Whitehurst,Newton,IL

Last edited by B&Ttreed2017 on 04-25-2017 at 06:15 PM

Old Post 04-25-2017 06:11 PM
B&Ttreed2017 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for B&Ttreed2017 Click here to Send B&Ttreed2017 a Private Message Click Here to Email B&Ttreed2017 Find more posts by B&Ttreed2017 Add B&Ttreed2017 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
STROKIN
UKC Forum Member

I think there could have been several that were over looked just because the owners could not campaign them like they should have. I've hunted with several that were supposed to be all that and were not much mor than a jockey dog. Then I've seen some real coonhounds that were the real deal but the owner never pushed them because of work.
One dog that comes to mind is a PR dog called Johnsons Black Boss. He was a reproducer but only a handful of females ever bred to him because of just being PR and the owner never pushing him. He was right off old Gentleman Jim and his mother was off Pinewood Dan.

Old Post 04-26-2017 01:39 AM
B&Ttreed2017
Banned

And Never Forget

The black hounds that Brother Butch Shedd produced...Bama,Bawly,Barker..cant remember all of em

Old Post 04-26-2017 02:22 AM
B&Ttreed2017 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for B&Ttreed2017 Click here to Send B&Ttreed2017 a Private Message Click Here to Email B&Ttreed2017 Find more posts by B&Ttreed2017 Add B&Ttreed2017 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote