UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Southern Bluetick Kennel
Pages (82): « First ... « 70 71 [72] 73 74 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

HUNT

Drake and I hunted last night for a while. First drop we cut Cotton and Rooster. This is the first night Cotton has been hunted in about 3 months as she had a litter of puppies. Cotton left hard and hit the creek. Rooster took a left hand turn and struck at 200yds. He ran a short track and treed. We got to him and he was in the ground and I'm sure it was an armadillo. Drake whipped him and we headed to the truck. Cotton had struck at 775yds and was working a bad track. We drove around within 350yds of her and she located and loaded up treed. We got to her and she was up a big poplar with muscadine vines everywhere in it. We couldn't find her coon and headed to the truck. Next drop we cut Goose, Vapor , and decided to cut Rooster again since he had not looked so good earlier. Vapor struck at 200yds followed by Goose. Rooster struck to the left and seemed to be on a different track. Goose soon loaded up at 475yds and Vapor followed in short order. They lit up the tree. Rooster treed to the left but left it before we got to him. We got to the tree and I spotted the coon quick but then lost him. Drake found him again and I decided I would roll him out to Vapor. I finally hit him and he came out mad. It was a good sized boar and he jumped out to Vapor and the fight was on for sure. Vapor is a gritty sucker because that coon was tearing him up but he never backed off. I cut Goose on him as well and he got cut pretty good too. They finally dispatched him but they were both mad LOL. I took them to the creek and washed them off and we called it a night. I will hit the woods again tonight. Y'all Keep'em Lookin' UP!

GOOSE
Coon fight by Darren Hollis, on Flickr

VAPOR
Coon fight by Darren Hollis, on Flickr

HOME OF:
GrChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue S&H’s Goose (Sparks&Hollis)
GrChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue Hardwood Cotton
GrNtCh PR Mose's Pink Floyd ( Co-Owned with Scott V)
Ch GrNtCh PR Frost Hollow Strap
ChNtCh PR Southern Blue Hardwood Dolly
ChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue Spanky ( Hollis & Hollis)
PR Southern Blue Cobb (NtChCh Uchtmans Andy x Ratliffs Blue Tell)
PR Southern Blue Betsy (Goose x Dual Grand Cotton)
(REST IN PEACE)
GrNtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Moonshine
GrNtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Frostbite
NtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Queen
NtChGrCh PR Blue Eyes Blue Jessie
NtCh PR Southern Frost Hollow Blue Bell(BB)
NtCh PR Southern Blue Hammer
NtCh PR Hollis' Southern Blue Maggie
NtCh PR Hollis' Bull Mtn. Pearl
GrCh PR Southern Blue Jet
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler
GrChGrNtCh PR Lovell’s Smokey River Blue Ann

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-30-2019 01:28 PM
Darren Hollis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Darren Hollis Click here to Send Darren Hollis a Private Message Click Here to Email Darren Hollis Find more posts by Darren Hollis Add Darren Hollis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
buckhunterRN
UKC Forum Member

daren I enjoy reading about your hunts. you paint a picture so it seem like we there in woods.

Old Post 04-30-2019 03:34 PM
buckhunterRN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for buckhunterRN Click here to Send buckhunterRN a Private Message Click Here to Email buckhunterRN Find more posts by buckhunterRN Add buckhunterRN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

Thanks

I appreciate it buddy. I just tell it like it is!!

I have a male pup available out of Floyd x Cotton. Prefer he go to competition hunter. Call or text me for details
$450. Performance and superstaked.

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 04-30-2019 04:04 PM
Darren Hollis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Darren Hollis Click here to Send Darren Hollis a Private Message Click Here to Email Darren Hollis Find more posts by Darren Hollis Add Darren Hollis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

HUNT

Drake, Ryan and I hunted last night. First drop we cut Dolly and Rock in a creek bottom. Dolly struck at about 125yds and Rock immediately followed. They worked a track up the bottom and crossed a small section of cutover. They hit a ditch and trailed up the ditch into some hardwood hills. We ended up driving around and dogs were treed. We didn't see the coon but it was a tall leafy tree. Next drop we cut Goose and Rooster loose in a swamp bottom. Rooster struck quick but Goose never said a word. Rooster quit and moved on with Goose up the bottom. Goose went about 750yds and made a left turn and circled back towards us. He came within 300yds of us and fell treed. We got to him and he was up a small tree that ran into a larger tree. Ryan found the coon while I was leashing up Goose. I petted him up good and we made our way to the truck. We drove around and Rooster was bumping around on a track up the creek. We gave him some time but he was getting close to the road so we walked in and caught him up. We called it a night. Y'all Keep'em Lookin' up !!!

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 05-01-2019 01:09 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

HUNT

Drake and I hunted last night. First drop we cut Goose and Rooster down a slough run that opens up into a large hardwood flat that runs along the luxapalilla creek. Rooster opened to the left a few times at about 200yds. Goose fell treed at about 275 to the right and Rooster backed him pretty quick. Goose was up a huge oak tree and I could only see one spot as the canopy was so thick. I broke over a few small saplings just to get to see the one spot I could see. Goose has been very accurate and I'm sure he had the meat but I just couldn't get him to look. We cut off that tree and Rooster fell treed in the area where he first opened. He was up a smaller tree in the edge of a swamp but we didn't see a coon. I caught Goose coming around the edge of the field and we loaded them up. We got Cotton and Vapor collared up and walked down the creek the other direction and cut them down the creek. Cotton has been hunted about 2 times in 4 months as she had a litter of pups from Floyd. Vapor struck and headed down the creek. Cotton struck right handed and crossed the creek and started trailing thru a section of rough briars and small trees. She worked thru the section and hit some nice mature hardwood and soon loaded up treed. We made our way to her and about the time we got to her tree, I heard Vapor load up treed down the creek. I found Cottons coon and we rolled it out to her. She finished him off pretty quick and we headed to Vapor. He was about 375 yds down the creek. We got to him and he was treed on a poplar tree on the side of the creek. He had 2 coons up his tree and we rolled one out to him. He was fighting it and it got away for a second and rolled into the creek. Vapor got him out and finished him off. Coons seemed to be moving better last night as we saw another coon sitting up on the way out to the truck. gone hit a UKC hunt tonight and try our luck. Y'all Keep'em Lookin' UP!!!

GrChNtCh PR Southern Blue Hardwood Cotton

Hunt by Darren Hollis, on Flickr

PR Southern Blue Hardwood Vapor

Hunt by Darren Hollis, on Flickr

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 05-03-2019 01:18 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

Hunt

I hunted Goose in a NtCh cast Friday night and ended up on the 3rd dead cast in a row. Goose didn’t have his best night but got deep and alone on a huge poplar tree. I just couldn’t find his coon. Had first strike and just needed to see his coon. Other dogs in cast had minus points. Hopefully we can get a break with all the leaves on here and get in the winners circle soon. I took him to Tuscaloosa last night and showed him in the bench show. He won another best of show to finish to Ch. He won 3 best of shows under 3 different judges. Gone stay on him. ChNtCh PR Southern Blue S&H’s Goose.

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 05-05-2019 03:53 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

HUNT

Drake, Ryan, and I hunted for a while last night. First drop we cut Dolly, Rooster, and a couple of pups loose up a nice little creek that runs up a bottom between some hills. Dolly struck followed by Rooster and they started working up the creek. They were struggling with the track some but Dolly finally got treed but didn't sound like she was sold on the tree. We didn't find the coon and decided to send them on up the creek. Neither dog really wanted to move on out and some adjustments were made. Dolly cut down the creek and struck what I think was the same track they had been working. Rooster left out up a powerline. I had Vapor and Cotton in the truck and decided I would send them on up the bottom. Cotton stuck followed by Vapor. Vapor headed up the branch and was doing his best to get treed alone. Cotton worked up the side of a hill and loaded up treed. She was up a huge pine tree with muscadine vines running all up in it. There was a huge nest at the top and we couldn't get the coon to look. Rooster had lost communication so we headed out to the truck and I caught Vapor and loaded him up. Rooster and Dolly had crossed the gravel road and were treed on a small creek that ran up a hollow. We got to the dogs and they were up a big poplar. We saw a coon on up the creek sitting up but couldn't find Dolly and Roosters coon so I think they may have just missed him. Y'all keep'em Lookin' Up!!

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 05-07-2019 01:14 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

HUNT

Ryan and I hunted last night for a little while. A landowner called me and said he had caught a coon and I went by and picked it up. We took it to a field that borders a swamp bottom that I hunt and cut it loose. We waited about 10 minutes and cut Ryans pup Spanky out of Goose and my pup Queen out of GrNtCh PR Frost Hollow Strap. Spanky picked up the track and started opening and queen soon opened with him. They got in quite a bit of water and Queen soon got hung up. Spanky moved the track on down the bottom about 200 more yards but he soon hushed and couldn't move the track anymore. I cut Vapor on the track and he soon had it moving again. It wasn't long til Vapor loaded up treed about 200 more yards from where Spanky had lost it. Vapor had the coon. Next drop we cut Rock and Spanky in a creek bottom. Rock struck a track and started working it up the creek. Spanky put in with him and was opening on track. Rock trailed under the road into a swampy area and loaded up treed. We got to him and he was up a bay tree surrounded by large oaks and we couldn't find the coon. We called it a night and will try to hit it again if this rain will let up this weekend. Y'all keep'em Lookin' UP!!

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 05-09-2019 02:28 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

Hunt

I hunted by myself in the rain last night. First drop I cut Cotton and Vapor up a creek bottom. Vapor headed left up into the hills and Cotton continued along the creek in the bottom. Cotton was 700 yds and I moved around to get closer. I caught her crossing a power line and loaded her up. She never struck. Vapor was deep the other direction and I could her him trailing. I drove around and he was treed. I walked in to him at about 400yds and the bottom fell out and it was pouring rain. I didn’t have my raincoat on and I got drenched. I got to Vapors tree and he was up a large poplar tree. I backed way off to try to look but it was almost impossible with it pouring rain. I leashed him and headed to the truck. Next drop I cut Goose and Rock in some Hardwood hills. Rock struck and headed across the hills. Goose headed down a branch and had not struck. Rock soon loaded up treed and I made my way to him. It had let up raining but was still coming down some. Rock was up a tall oak and I could only see one spot. I couldn’t find his coon. I pulled him off his tree and Goose was treed about 600yds in a swampy bottom. I pulled to within 200yds of him and headed to his tree. I immediately saw his coon as I walked in to leash him up. After I leashed him I could never get the coon to look again. I moved and cut Cotton and Vapor down a large creek with a nice oak flat alongside it. Cotton peeled out and went the wrong way but ended up treed in the yard of an old house place up a huge oak tree. I looked for a few minutes but didn’t want anyone to think I was up to no good. Vapor was trailing in the oak flat but the bottom fell out again. I finally walked in and caught vapor. I was soaked to the bone so I called it a night. Y’all keep’em lookin up

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Last edited by Darren Hollis on 05-11-2019 at 06:15 PM

Old Post 05-11-2019 06:12 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

HUNT

Drake and I hunted for a while last night. First drop I cut Rock and Rooster in a swamp bottom. Rock struck and started working a track and Rooster soon put in with him. Rock soon rolled up on a tree and Rooster backed him. We made our way to the tree and they were treed on a mess of leaning trees and blown over trees. Coon could have been anywhere. We sent them on up the bottom and Rock struck a bad track but did a good job of drifting out and moving down the creek. He soon loaded up treed and Rooster backed him again. Rooster has shown a lot of independence but really didn't operate last night. Rock was up a tree that I tree up on a regular basis but we couldn't get the coon to look which is par for the course here lately. Rock has really improved with hunting and with treatment for the ehrlichia. He has shown his independence and that he can handle some old bad tracks. Next drop we cut Goose and Cotton in some hardwood hills. Goose went left and Cotton went right. Cotton went about 450 yds and circled back down a hollow and headed towards Goose's direction. Goose was 900yds and had crossed a pipeline and was in a rough area that has scattered timber on a creek but is surrounded by cutover that is flooded by beavers. Goose had struck on the creek and Cotton soon opened with him. They got that coon up and going and were really pushing him and he hit the cutover swamp. I think there were actually 2 coons as Goose and Cotton split up in the cutover. Cotton crossed the cutover and blowed up treed in a small patch of timber. It took us 30 minutes to walk 150yds to her beating briars and wading water and trying to avoid the skidder tracks that you would fall off up to your waist in water and swamp grass. I fell once and got wet and Drake fell on the way out and got wet. Cotton was on a huge den and we looked for a while but finally gave up and headed to the truck. Goose had went out of hearing running his track and we pulled around to find him treed. We made our way to the tree. He was about 300yds off of the road. He had swam yellow creek and was treed on our side ( thank Goodness!!) up a den tree. I got Drake to beat on the tree and I squalled. The coon ran out the top of the tree and we left it to run again. I was sure it could have been a sow and little ones as nervous and the coon was acting. I will hit it again tonight. I am thinking about selling Rock if someone is looking for a nice blue male that will go hunting and tree some coons. He is UKC and PKC registered. He is a NtCh and has money won in PKC. I have treated him for ehrlichia and he needs tuned up. I have been trying to get him woods time but have too many projects with Goose, Cotton and Vapor. I am trying to GrNtCh Goose and Cotton, so my plate is running over. Feel free to call me for details. Y'all Keep'em Lookin' up!!

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 05-14-2019 02:44 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

HUNT

I have been sidelined some this week as my wife was diagnosed with cancer again. She had a shot Monday and has been sick so I didn't hunt Tuesday or last night. She feels better so I will be hitting the woods tonight. Got a guy coming tomorrow night to try out Rock and I plan to go to a RQE hunt Saturday night if all is well at home. Y'all Keep'em Lookin' Up!!

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 05-16-2019 08:43 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

HUNT

I hunted Rock alone last night. We had a club meeting and got a late start in the woods. Ryan went with me and we cut Rock up a small creek bottom that is bordered by hills on both sides. Rock went up the creek 75yds and took a right hand turn. He went 300yds and crossed the gravel road and continued up the creek. He soon opened at about 150yds on up the creek and started drifting on a bad track. He drifted out opening a few times and just nailed a tree and loaded up right. Ryan and I made our way to his tree and he was up a leaning tree that ran into a couple more trees and we just couldn't find his coon. We pulled up the road and cut him thru a patch of big pines that turns into a nice bottom. He struck quick on a small ditch of water and opened in one area for about 5 minutes. He finally hushed for a minute and started opening headed towards the bigger timber. He hit the timber and there is a small creek that borders the timber and a powerline. He turned down the powerline and rolled up on a tree about 400yds. We drove down to a gate and got within 150yds of him. I walked in to leash him up and he was up a sweetgum and pine tree that were grown together. Ryan found the coon standing on the powerline. We lost him and took forever to finally find him again. Ryan shot him out to Rock. Rock dispatched the boar coon pretty quick. It was almost 12:00 so we called it a night and we will hit it again tonight. Y'all Keep'em Lookin' UP!!

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 05-17-2019 12:54 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

Hunt

We rode 2 hours over to Good Springs to a RQE last night. I drew out with a GrNtCh Black and Tan, a NtCh Bluetick and a walker male. Goose looked good and was deep and alone twice with the meat. He treed the only 2 coons we seen in the hunt. I won first place and got him qualified for the world hunt. Ryan hunted Dolly but said she seemed out of whack. I checked her and she looked swollen so I put her in the kennel. Hopefully she will come on in heat and will be bred to Goose. Y’all keep’em lookin up!!

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 05-19-2019 04:30 PM
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

Congrats Darren/Goose

Glad to see another blue dog get qualified. Sounds like he did a good job. Also, glad to read your hunting stories on here, especially when I'm froze up like Scott is in winter time. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 05-19-2019 04:58 PM
Rolin Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rolin Blues Click here to Send Rolin Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Rolin Blues Add Rolin Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

Thanks

I appreciate it Ron. Ole Goose looked good. He was deep and alone with the only 2 coons we saw in our cast. Hopefully we can get in some coons at the zones and keep him going.

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 05-19-2019 09:41 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

ChNtCh PR Southern Blue S&H's Goose

RQE. by Darren Hollis, on Flickr

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 05-20-2019 01:33 PM
Billy Trice
UKC Forum Member

Darren

Congrats on win with Goose.Nice looking hound.Like to
know ped. an age on him an Vaper

Old Post 05-20-2019 08:58 PM
Billy Trice is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Billy Trice Click here to Send Billy Trice a Private Message Click Here to Email Billy Trice Find more posts by Billy Trice Add Billy Trice to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

GOOSE AND VAPOR

Thanks Billy. Goose is 4 yrs old and was never in a hunt until I got him here. He made NtCh in 7 hunts and I plan to GrNtCh him. Vapor is 16mths old and is a nice young hound. I need to hunt him alone for about 3 months and he will be super nice.

ChNtCh PR Southern Blue S&H's Goose

------------Gr.Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch.PR' Smiley's Rambo II
---------Gr.Nt.Ch.PR' Pine Creek Screwy Lewey
------------PR' Flinthills Blue Sadie
------Gr.Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch.PR' Uchtman's Blue Jobe
------------Gr.Nt.Ch.PR' Uchtman's Blue Albert
---------Nt.Ch.PR' Uchtman's Blue Pokie
------------Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch.PR'Uchtman's SO. Blue Jessie II

-CH NTCH PR SOUTHERN BLUE S&H's GOOSE

------------Ch.Gr.Nt.Ch.PR' Uchtman's Blue Albert
---------Gr.Nt.Ch.PR' Uchtman's Blue Zeb
------------Ch.Nt.Ch.PR' Coney River Blue Morgan
------Nt.Ch.PR' Uchtman's Blue Sue
------------Ch.Gr.Nt.Ch.PR' Uchtman's Blue Andy
---------Nt.Ch.Ch.PR' James SO Blue Dixie
------------Nt.Ch.PR" Coney River Blue Dixie

VAPOR
GrNtCh PR Roger's Blue Eli x GrChGrNtCh PR Rogers Blue Annie
Eli goes back to Jordans Midnight Duke and old Uchtmans Albert.
Annie is out of GrNtCh Jet 9 and a gyp out of Zeb x Dixie

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Last edited by Darren Hollis on 05-20-2019 at 09:31 PM

Old Post 05-20-2019 09:23 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

Hunt

I have been sidelined for a couple of days. I came to Atlanta to cancer center with my wife. Ryan has hunted the dogs for me the last couple of nights. He sent a report to me for last night. He hunted Cotton and Goose and they split treed about 600 yds apart. Both had the meat and he called it a night. I plan to hunt a UKC hunt Friday night. I will be back in town tomorrow night. Y’all keep’em lookin up!!

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 05-22-2019 01:29 PM
ELMO OVERTON
UKC Forum Member

Praying for your wife and your family. I'm 10 days off Chemo now so getting a little stronger but have a long way to go. Life is never a straight line.

RIP
GrNitech Overton's Breathless Blue Chief Full brother to Nite ch Snowdens Runt
Gr Nite ch Overton's Breathless Blu Knight. King of Hunt Fall Round Up 2006 loudest dog I have ever owned.
Gr Nite ch Overton's Breathless Blue Roler hit died at 2years old at semi finals of World hunt
Gr Nite ch Utchmans Double Eagle Hoss
Dual Grand Utchmans So Blue Timber top 100 Finalist in 2005 World hunt 2012 performance sire
Gr Ch Nite CH Overton's Breathless Blue Warrior 4wins died at 6 yrs old. Sire to Knight
NiteCh Overton's Breathless Blue Dixie LOUD!
NiteCH Lienbachs Breathless Blue Jammer
Nite Ch Overton's Breathless Blue Drum 3 wins to Grand. before 2 yrs old Running ant treeing wild coons at 5 months alone.
Gr Ch Nitech Rob's Blue Tomahawk
Pr Overton's Breathless Blue Dolly super fast track and tree dog. accurate.
Grch Nitech Overton's Utchmans Blue Belle
Nite Ch Overton's Breathless Blue Sabrina 2nd place Nite ch at Fall Round Up 2009
Nite Ch Pr Overton's Breathless Blue Sounder
GRNite Ch Pr Overton's Breathless Blu Magic 13 years old brother to Roler
Pr Overton's Breathless Blue Gobber. Running and treeing wild coons at 5 months

Nite Ch O Breathless Blue Tree Dragon
Treeing his own wild coon at 6 months old.

Dogs living
Overton"s Breathless blue Julia. Bill Bird owner
Dual Champion Uchtman So Blue Lumber 6yrs
Owned by Cody Stader in Indiana
Dual Grand Overton's Breathless Blue Maggie
Present Owned by Luke Wood in Okalhoma

Dall Haden and Bobby Hayes have been a big part of my breeding of my hounds also Bill Bird for help keeping it going.

*All my dogs are old Ucthman Hawk and Scout breeding with some Smokey River Chief and Diamond Jim.
573-228-3169
Kandy off Bojangles and Grand Nite ch PKC CH Redstick Ann. Super fast track dog good tree dog loud. co owner with Earl Howell Queen of Hunt at Fall Round Up 2019 at 2 years old.

Overton"s Breathless Blue Lincoln
Overton"s Breathless Blue Ava.

Last edited by ELMO OVERTON on 05-24-2019 at 03:16 PM

Old Post 05-22-2019 02:45 PM
ELMO OVERTON is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ELMO OVERTON Click here to Send ELMO OVERTON a Private Message Click Here to Email ELMO OVERTON Find more posts by ELMO OVERTON Add ELMO OVERTON to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

Elmo

Thanks my friend. You have been in my thoughts and prayers as well.

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 05-22-2019 02:50 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

HUNT

I got back in town yesterday evening and decided to go turn a dog loose last night. First drop I cut Goose alone. He hit a small creek and crossed the road into some big hardwood around an old house place. He got pretty deep and located and fell treed. Something didn't sound quite right about him and I headed his way. He was treed up a tree that was growing up the side of an old barn. There wasn't a coon up the tree but I saw a coon about 20yds past the barn up a huge oak tree. I think that ole coon gave him the slip. Next drop I cut Cotton and Rock up a small creek bottom. Cotton struck followed by Rock. They hung up in one area longer than I like but finally Rock left out and Cotton soon was with him. They were really moving the track good and Cotton was soon chopping on track. She only does that if she is about to catch him. I have ran this coon several times and he goes the same way and goes in an underground spring every time. I thought Cotton and Rock were going to catch him or make him climb but he ended up in his normal underground spring. I called it a night and plan to hit a hunt tonight. Y'all Keep'em Lookin' up!!

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 05-24-2019 01:32 PM
ELMO OVERTON
UKC Forum Member

I enjoy your hunt stories

We had a coon like that back in my home town and he would end up in a well. Man you talking races and pup training. We never killed him. We just left him be so we could train young dogs. Goose is a good looking sucker. He is a littermate to the Cyclone dog you had at one point I guess. I bet he as a horn on him. Most Jobe dogs do.

RIP
GrNitech Overton's Breathless Blue Chief Full brother to Nite ch Snowdens Runt
Gr Nite ch Overton's Breathless Blu Knight. King of Hunt Fall Round Up 2006 loudest dog I have ever owned.
Gr Nite ch Overton's Breathless Blue Roler hit died at 2years old at semi finals of World hunt
Gr Nite ch Utchmans Double Eagle Hoss
Dual Grand Utchmans So Blue Timber top 100 Finalist in 2005 World hunt 2012 performance sire
Gr Ch Nite CH Overton's Breathless Blue Warrior 4wins died at 6 yrs old. Sire to Knight
NiteCh Overton's Breathless Blue Dixie LOUD!
NiteCH Lienbachs Breathless Blue Jammer
Nite Ch Overton's Breathless Blue Drum 3 wins to Grand. before 2 yrs old Running ant treeing wild coons at 5 months alone.
Gr Ch Nitech Rob's Blue Tomahawk
Pr Overton's Breathless Blue Dolly super fast track and tree dog. accurate.
Grch Nitech Overton's Utchmans Blue Belle
Nite Ch Overton's Breathless Blue Sabrina 2nd place Nite ch at Fall Round Up 2009
Nite Ch Pr Overton's Breathless Blue Sounder
GRNite Ch Pr Overton's Breathless Blu Magic 13 years old brother to Roler
Pr Overton's Breathless Blue Gobber. Running and treeing wild coons at 5 months

Nite Ch O Breathless Blue Tree Dragon
Treeing his own wild coon at 6 months old.

Dogs living
Overton"s Breathless blue Julia. Bill Bird owner
Dual Champion Uchtman So Blue Lumber 6yrs
Owned by Cody Stader in Indiana
Dual Grand Overton's Breathless Blue Maggie
Present Owned by Luke Wood in Okalhoma

Dall Haden and Bobby Hayes have been a big part of my breeding of my hounds also Bill Bird for help keeping it going.

*All my dogs are old Ucthman Hawk and Scout breeding with some Smokey River Chief and Diamond Jim.
573-228-3169
Kandy off Bojangles and Grand Nite ch PKC CH Redstick Ann. Super fast track dog good tree dog loud. co owner with Earl Howell Queen of Hunt at Fall Round Up 2019 at 2 years old.

Overton"s Breathless Blue Lincoln
Overton"s Breathless Blue Ava.

Old Post 05-24-2019 03:22 PM
ELMO OVERTON is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ELMO OVERTON Click here to Send ELMO OVERTON a Private Message Click Here to Email ELMO OVERTON Find more posts by ELMO OVERTON Add ELMO OVERTON to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

Goose

Elmo , ole Goose has a real good mouth. He is a hard loud treedog as well. When he parks , it is over no matter if it’s 10 minutes or 2 hours.

Goose picked up another NtCh win last night doing what he does best. Split with the coon. Gone stay on him and hopefully finish him in the near future. Y’all keep’em lookin up!!

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 05-25-2019 03:53 PM
Barry Cordell
UKC Forum Member

Congrats

On win with Goose sounds like you got a nice one

Old Post 05-25-2019 06:56 PM
Barry Cordell is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Barry Cordell Click here to Send Barry Cordell a Private Message Click Here to Email Barry Cordell Find more posts by Barry Cordell Add Barry Cordell to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote