UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Gray's Creek Kennel
Pages (16): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

A hunt to remember!!

Last night I took Case, Blueduck, and Claude Smith’s dog, Merle. Donald was with me and he had Ellie Mae. Ellie Mae is 13 months old and has only been hunted maybe 6-7 times. I have been hunting Merle for Claude. Trying to get Case ready for the winter classic, we planned to cut each of the other with case, one at a time. It didn’t work as planned. The first drop, we cut Ellie Mae with Case up a botom between two cutover off of CC35. They struck red hot right off the road. Case went in about 50 yards and doubled back for the road, while Ellie May kept heading north. Case crossed CC35 covering ground headed south fast. I took old Merle out to send to Case, but he had other ideas and went north to Ellie May. Those two must of taken the back track, because they quit it, and Merle headed for Case. He caught up to Case just as Case had turned the track west. Those two were really burning the track up. They stated heading back north to CC35 and I had my light on bright to watch for the coon. Those two crossed back over without me seeing what they were running. They went about 100 yards into the cutover, before heading back east. At one point they came close to the road, so I turned Blueduck to them. While all this is going on Ellie Mae came out to CC35 where we cut her loose. Now all three, Case, Merle, and Blueduck are just burning the track up. They made a little loop to the edge of the road and headed back west. As they got even with the spot where they had crossed earlier. I saw the coon cross about 50 yards further down. They had been running him 30 mins by the time he made the third crossing. Headed south now toward the Bobcat road. Those three bluetick were just a constant roar. Very short time later, they were past the Bobcat road, and 700 yards south of us. We jumped in the Ranger and headed to the Bobcat road. We drove up and got close as they were crossing the 4 wheeler trail, and Donald sent Ellie Mae to them. They had been running him around a hour at this point. The coon headed southeast then turned north, back to the Bobcat road. That was the 4th road crossing. 1 hour and 20 mins later, they treed him in a huge Pine, that had the top broke out. After 10-15 mins shining the tree, we found him. A huge boar coon. They had ran that coon for somewhere near 2 hour and 20 mins best I can figure. The whole time it sounded like they were going to catch him, the track never broke down. The coon had treed on the edge of a food plot about 150 yards from where we turned out Case and Ellie Mae. This one hunt that one hunt that I will remember for a very long time. I told Donald, we should call it a night and head home, he agreed and said, " Can't do nothing but get worst, after a race like that".

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-17-2016 01:53 AM
BigContry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BigContry Click here to Send BigContry a Private Message Click Here to Email BigContry Find more posts by BigContry Add BigContry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

Cross made.

This cross was made week before last on the request of a few others. This should be a good cross.

Ch. Grnitech. ‘PR’ Uchtmans Blue Andy
Grnitech. ‘PR’ Uchtmans Blue Ed
Grnitech. ‘PR’ Moody Creek Blue Jody
Grch. Grnitech. ‘PR’ Roger’s Blue Guss HTX
Nitech. ‘PR’ Lincoln’s Blue Yoakam
Ch. Grnitech. ‘PR’ Uchtman’s So Bl Rose
Nitech. ‘PR’ Uchtmans So Bl Sis
Nitech. Grch. ‘PR’ Gayle’s Gray’s Creek Case
Grnitech. Grch. ‘PR’ Bayou Blue Clyde
Grch. ‘PR’ Hittson’s Blue Clyde
Ch. ‘PR’ Matney’s Blue Belle
Ch. ‘PR’ Tiffany’s One Hot Ticket
Grnitech. Grch. ‘PR’ Clear River Diamond Jim
‘PR’ Holik’s Sandy Creek Blue Trixie
Ch. Nitech. ‘PR’ Twin Springs Bullets Blue Nikki

Ch. Grnitech. ‘PR’ Uchtmans Blue Albert
Grch. Grnitech. ‘PR’ Uchtmans Blue Zeb
Ch. Nitech. ‘PR’ Coney River Blue Morgan
Grnitech. Grch. ‘PR’ Uchtmans Clear Fork Bl Thorn
Nitech. ‘pr’ James’ So Blue Dixie
Nitech. ‘PR’ Coney River Blue Doll
Grch. ‘PR’ Gayle’s Gray’s Creek Clara
Grnitech. ‘PR’ Gene’s Blue Newton
Ch. ‘PR’ Gene’s Blue Locktite Odie
Nitech. Ch. ‘PR’ Wolfe’s Blue Baby
Nitech. ‘PR’ Uchtmans Blue Pokie
Nitech. Grch. ‘PR’ Uchtmans So Bl Jessie II

Old Post 01-18-2016 07:15 PM
BigContry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BigContry Click here to Send BigContry a Private Message Click Here to Email BigContry Find more posts by BigContry Add BigContry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

Cross made.

This cross was made week before last on the request of a few others. This should be a good cross.

Grnitech. ‘PR’ Uchtmans Blue Ed
Grnitech. ‘PR’ Moody Creek Blue Jody
Grch. Grnitech. ‘PR’ Roger’s Blue Guss HTX
Nitech. ‘PR’ Lincoln’s Blue Yoakam
Ch. Grnitech. ‘PR’ Uchtman’s So Bl Rose
Nitech. ‘PR’ Uchtmans So Bl Sis
Nitech. Grch. ‘PR’ Gayle’s Gray’s Creek Case
Grnitech. Grch. ‘PR’ Bayou Blue Clyde
Grch. ‘PR’ Hittson’s Blue Clyde
Ch. ‘PR’ Matney’s Blue Belle
Ch. ‘PR’ Tiffany’s One Hot Ticket
Grnitech. Grch. ‘PR’ Clear River Diamond Jim
‘PR’ Holik’s Sandy Creek Blue Trixie
Ch. Nitech. ‘PR’ Twin Springs Bullets Blue Nikki

Grch. Grnitech. ‘PR’ Uchtmans Blue Zeb
Grnitech. Grch. ‘PR’ Uchtmans Clear Fork Bl Thorn
Nitech. ‘pr’ James’ So Blue Dixie
Nitech. ‘PR’ Coney River Blue Doll
Grch. ‘PR’ Gayle’s Gray’s Creek Clara
Grnitech. ‘PR’ Gene’s Blue Newton
Ch. ‘PR’ Gene’s Blue Locktite Odie
Nitech. Ch. ‘PR’ Wolfe’s Blue Baby
Nitech. ‘PR’ Uchtmans Blue Pokie
Nitech. Grch. ‘PR’ Uchtmans So Bl Jessie II

Old Post 01-18-2016 07:22 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

CASE PUPS

That cross will have some good ones in it for sure Tommy. Wish I wasn't full up or I would get me one but if the ones I got start showing promise as they get older I can't hunt them all. Case is a great looking hound with great breeding and I like what I hear about him and the stories you type. Wish I would have been on the tailgate with yaw listening to that two hour race, nothing in the world sounds better than a race like that. Take Care and Good Hunting!

Old Post 01-19-2016 02:37 PM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

Took Blueduck and Merle to Gum Swamp last night. I turned Merle out at the first spot without a bark, but he didn’t go looking for a coon either. He will have to improve on that for sure. I turned Blueduck out at the next spot, with about the same results. He could smell coon or something, but couldn’t move it away from the road. I put him back in the truck and headed home. On the way out I stopped to check a feeder. Looked like a coon had been there but it was after 9:00, and I didn’t want to get hung up in the cutover all night. I guess I just didn’t have enough dog power tonight.

Old Post 01-20-2016 12:45 PM
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

My parts for the Ranger came in today but I was unable to work on it with all the rain this evening. That thing had me on hunting on foot this past week. Hope to have that rear end fixed by tomorrow evening and ready to roll.

Old Post 01-22-2016 01:25 AM
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

Friday night, Donald and I made a round to Gum Swamp. It was 38 deg with the wind blowing hard. We turned out off the Steel Bridge road. Merle, Blueduck, and Ellie Mae had went about 150 yards when Blueduck struck. They hadn’t went far when Blueduck treed. The other two got with him and was really making some racket. We walked in to find them on a medium size Elm with a big hold at the top of the main trunk. I’m not sure if the coon was there or not, but they sure thought he was. Next, we turned out on Wall Bayou. Merle struck pretty deep, and him and Ellie Mae were moving the track pretty fast. Wasn’t long till they were out of hearing with the wind blowing so hard. Blueduck was them, but not opening and fall behind 100 yards or so. I was puzzled by that, not knowing why, so we started toward them. We hadn’t gone far when I heard Blueduck treeing, but he left before we could reach him. The Garmin showed Merle and Ellie Mae were heading back towards us, but not opening anymore. Where they running trash? If so, why wasn’t Blueduck running it too? That’s 2 questions I can’t answer. After messing around at the edge of Wall Bayou for a while, Blueduck went back to where he was treed, and locked down solid this time. By the time we got to the tree, the other two had made it there and was treeing also. They had treed on a huge Pin Oak, but I couldn’t find a coon. I don’t know how to feel about turn out.

Old Post 01-25-2016 12:16 AM
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

Merle and Blueduck

Old Post 01-25-2016 12:27 AM
southernthunder
UKC Forum Member

Looking good!

Southern Thunder Bluetick Kennels

At Stud: GRNITECH PR HAMLIN'S BLUE WHIP
PERFORMANCE SIRE $300 STUD FEE

HOME OF: GRNITECH GRCH PR HAMLIN'S DAVIE CROCKET HTX
2015 TRIPLE CROWN CHAMPION
2015 PURINA RACE BREED CHAMPION
2015 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITECH BLUETICK
2015 AUTUMN OAKS GRAND 16
2015 AUTUMN OAKS BBOA / BBCHA HIGH SCORING BLUETICK
2015 WINTER CLASSIC DOUBLE CAST WINNER PURINA POINTS EVENT
2015 WINTER CLASSIC BBOA HIGH SCORING BLUETICK
2015 ARKANSAS STATE PURINA CONTENDER CAST WINNER / HIGH SCORE
2015 MISSOURI STATE PURINA CONTENDER CAST WINNER / HIGH SCORE
2015 OKLAHOMA STATE PURINA CONTENDER CAST WINNER
2015 KENTUCKY STATE PURINA CONTENDER CAST WINNER
2015 INDIANA STATE PURINA CONTEDER CAST WINNER
2015 BBOA ZONE 7 CHAMPION / DOUBLE CAST WINNER / HIGH SCORE / KING OF HUNT
2015 BBOA TEXAS STATE CHAMPION / HIGH SCORE / KING OF HUNT
2015 BBOA / WESTERN ENGLISH SHOOTOUT DOUBLE CAST WINNER / HIGH SCORE / KING OF HUNT
2015 UNITED ENGLISH ARKANSAS STATE CHAMPIONSHIP CHAMPION / HIGH SCORE OVERALL CHAMPION
2015 BBOA YOUTH NATIONALS CAST WINNER 2ND OVERALL HIGH SCORE
2015 BBOA ZONE 7 HOUND OF THE YEAR
2015 BBOA/BBCHA GRAND REUNION RQE 1ST PLACE IOWA
2015 BBOA NATIONAL BLUETICK DAYS INVITATIONAL CAST WINNER / 1ST RUNNER UP
2015 ELBERT VAUGHN MEMORIAL CHAMPION
2015 BILL JACKSON MEMORIAL CHAMPION
2015 BOOMER SOONER CLASSIC CHAMPION
2015 WESTERN ENGLISH SPRING CLASSIS CAST WINNER
2015 OKLAHOMA STATE YOUTH CHAMPIONSHIP CAST WINNER
2015 BLUETICK CHALLENGE CHAMPION
2015 BBOA OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION / DOUBLE CAST WINNER / HIGH SCORE / KING OF HUNT
2015 UKC WORLD HUNT CAST WINNER
2016 PURINA NATIONALS CAST WINNER / BREED CHAMPION / HIGH SCORING BLUETICK
5 Time World Qualifier and 3 Peat Zone Champion
Too many wins to list them all
2020 Performance Sire at Stud
GRCH GRNITECH PR HAMLIN'S DAVIE CROCKET HTX

Thanks to everyone who has breed to Crocket or is hunting one of his offspring

Old Post 01-25-2016 12:36 AM
southernthunder is offline Click Here to See the Profile for southernthunder Click here to Send southernthunder a Private Message Find more posts by southernthunder Add southernthunder to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepyblues
UKC Forum Member

Good looking hounds. I hunted gum swamp years ago I'm surprised that place has a coon in it. They will not be afraid to go hunting any where after hunting in that. Good hunting

Old Post 01-25-2016 01:36 AM
sleepyblues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepyblues Click here to Send sleepyblues a Private Message Click Here to Email sleepyblues Find more posts by sleepyblues Add sleepyblues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

More fast game

Mr. Glenn Redd invited me for a deer hunt Saturday. He put me on a stand where they have 4 big bucks coming in. One he estimated would be near the mid 140's (shooter!!!) and two that were in the 120 range, but wanted to save them till next year. And one that was a huge bodied deer with not much horns, a cull buck. I told him I didn't want to hunt that stand, because those 120 bucks would be bad on my nerves. Well he sent me there anyway. At about 4:15 the cull buck came out. They had showed me pictures of 3 of the bucks, and I knew he was the cull, but I still didn't want to mess up. After texting Mr. Glenn about ten times, and him telling me to take him. I went ahead and shot. 200 lbs 8 point. He is a cull to them but a trophy to me.

Old Post 01-25-2016 06:23 PM
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

Winter Classic

Congratulations to Rhett and Case.
Over All 10th place at the 2016 Winter Classic.
Double Cast Wins
Great job, I’m proud of you!

Old Post 02-01-2016 12:02 AM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Rhett and Case

Congrats! Great job Rhett and well deserved win for a super nice hound! Great looking picture of him on Facebook, Beautiful Hound!

Old Post 02-01-2016 12:09 AM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Casey Bigelow
UKC Forum Member

Congrats. Double cast wins is something to be proud of! Good job!

No Name Pup #1-(GRNT Zero x GRNT Layla)
No Name Pup #2- ( GRNT Poncho x GRNT Layla)
Casey Bigelow 407-952-0714

Old Post 02-01-2016 02:28 AM
Casey Bigelow is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Casey Bigelow Click here to Send Casey Bigelow a Private Message Click Here to Email Casey Bigelow Find more posts by Casey Bigelow Add Casey Bigelow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Congratulations

on your wins at the Winter Classic. Well done.

Old Post 02-01-2016 02:46 AM
Misty river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Misty river Click here to Send Misty river a Private Message Click Here to Email Misty river Find more posts by Misty river Add Misty river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rtgayle
UKC Forum Member

Thanks

Thanks I appreciate the congrats from yall

Old Post 02-01-2016 01:38 PM
Rtgayle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rtgayle Click here to Send Rtgayle a Private Message Click Here to Email Rtgayle Find more posts by Rtgayle Add Rtgayle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
southernthunder
UKC Forum Member

Congrats on your wins! Very proud for you and your hound

Southern Thunder Bluetick Kennels

At Stud: GRNITECH PR HAMLIN'S BLUE WHIP
PERFORMANCE SIRE $300 STUD FEE

HOME OF: GRNITECH GRCH PR HAMLIN'S DAVIE CROCKET HTX
2015 TRIPLE CROWN CHAMPION
2015 PURINA RACE BREED CHAMPION
2015 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITECH BLUETICK
2015 AUTUMN OAKS GRAND 16
2015 AUTUMN OAKS BBOA / BBCHA HIGH SCORING BLUETICK
2015 WINTER CLASSIC DOUBLE CAST WINNER PURINA POINTS EVENT
2015 WINTER CLASSIC BBOA HIGH SCORING BLUETICK
2015 ARKANSAS STATE PURINA CONTENDER CAST WINNER / HIGH SCORE
2015 MISSOURI STATE PURINA CONTENDER CAST WINNER / HIGH SCORE
2015 OKLAHOMA STATE PURINA CONTENDER CAST WINNER
2015 KENTUCKY STATE PURINA CONTENDER CAST WINNER
2015 INDIANA STATE PURINA CONTEDER CAST WINNER
2015 BBOA ZONE 7 CHAMPION / DOUBLE CAST WINNER / HIGH SCORE / KING OF HUNT
2015 BBOA TEXAS STATE CHAMPION / HIGH SCORE / KING OF HUNT
2015 BBOA / WESTERN ENGLISH SHOOTOUT DOUBLE CAST WINNER / HIGH SCORE / KING OF HUNT
2015 UNITED ENGLISH ARKANSAS STATE CHAMPIONSHIP CHAMPION / HIGH SCORE OVERALL CHAMPION
2015 BBOA YOUTH NATIONALS CAST WINNER 2ND OVERALL HIGH SCORE
2015 BBOA ZONE 7 HOUND OF THE YEAR
2015 BBOA/BBCHA GRAND REUNION RQE 1ST PLACE IOWA
2015 BBOA NATIONAL BLUETICK DAYS INVITATIONAL CAST WINNER / 1ST RUNNER UP
2015 ELBERT VAUGHN MEMORIAL CHAMPION
2015 BILL JACKSON MEMORIAL CHAMPION
2015 BOOMER SOONER CLASSIC CHAMPION
2015 WESTERN ENGLISH SPRING CLASSIS CAST WINNER
2015 OKLAHOMA STATE YOUTH CHAMPIONSHIP CAST WINNER
2015 BLUETICK CHALLENGE CHAMPION
2015 BBOA OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION / DOUBLE CAST WINNER / HIGH SCORE / KING OF HUNT
2015 UKC WORLD HUNT CAST WINNER
2016 PURINA NATIONALS CAST WINNER / BREED CHAMPION / HIGH SCORING BLUETICK
5 Time World Qualifier and 3 Peat Zone Champion
Too many wins to list them all
2020 Performance Sire at Stud
GRCH GRNITECH PR HAMLIN'S DAVIE CROCKET HTX

Thanks to everyone who has breed to Crocket or is hunting one of his offspring

Old Post 02-01-2016 01:41 PM
southernthunder is offline Click Here to See the Profile for southernthunder Click here to Send southernthunder a Private Message Find more posts by southernthunder Add southernthunder to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

Finally got the right bearings in for the Ranger, and got it back together last night. I guess I’ll take Blueduck and Merle out to get a little exercise. I’ll post the outcome tomorrow.

Old Post 02-03-2016 10:04 PM
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

Thanks to all that passed a kind word to Rhett and Case.

Old Post 02-03-2016 10:05 PM
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

Results from last night. Turned Blueduck out, off the Steal Bridge Road. After walking him in about 25 yards, he went hunting. He struck about 150 yards in and was moving the track pretty good, but then bogged down. It was early, so I just sat back to see what would happen. After about 10-15 mins he started moving it again. These cutover coons are hard enough to tree as it is, much less giving them a 15 min head start. Well the track turned back and I caught him as he was crossing over into a cutover. Put him back in the box and road around to cut Merle loose. Before I get started talking about Merle’s drop, you need to understand, Merle had been hunted very little. I was told he would bark his head off in the pin, so they placed a No-Bark collar on him. It took a few hunts to get him to even bark with the other dogs, with that said, here’s what happened. I have been turning him out alone without much success because he didn’t want to go hunting. Well I sent him up a little fire ditch, and like normal, he came right back. We had a few words and he agreed it was better to at least try before coming back again. I could see on the Garmin he was working his way down Wall Bayou. 250 yards in, he started drifting off the bayou and heading west. He was moving fast to the west, but wasn’t saying a word. I followed down the road about ¼ mile as he move through a Pine thicket. As luck would have it. He got to 50 yards from the road I was on and stopped. I could hear him whining and thought maybe something was wrong with him. So I headed in and found him on a huge White Oak. He was treed and was too scared to bark. I petted him up and he just started blowing the top out. He has been treeing great with other dogs, but this was the first time he has treed alone with me. Sure hope he can work through this problem.

Old Post 02-04-2016 03:00 PM
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

Rhett and I went to Amite’s RQE last night. I brought ole Merle and Rhett had Case. This was Merle’s first time at a competition hunt. I entered him in the bench show and he won best of Class and Breed. Not bad for his first show. I also entered him in the hunt, even though I don’t think he was quite ready. The first turn out, Merle got second strike and first tree. The tree was a den, and we couldn’t find the coon. One hour and 30 mins, into the hunt, Merle had 200 circle, and was the only dog without minus point. He was in a good spot to win, until he back a dog on a possum. Rhett and Case didn’t do anything either. But we still had a good time.
Here's a picture of Merle on the bench

Old Post 02-08-2016 01:50 AM
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

Rhett and I made a round to Gum Swamp last night. We turned Case, and Lil Hope out, off CC35, they headed north and opened not far off the road. It was a very cold track, and Case was working hard to keep it going. He eventually turned it back south and crossed back over CC35. After going about 250 yards south, he started getting it heated up. Another 100 yards and the got it smoking. They ran him hard for 45 mins, I guess, before treeing in a huge Pine snag. There were holes all over that tree, and we couldn’t find him. It was 8:49 by the time we got back to the Ranger, and we have to work in the morning. I still wanted to cut Blueduck and Merle out so we headed for a feeder. We sent Blueduck and Merle up an old logger road to the feeder. Blueduck opened first with Merle right behind him. In a matter of seconds, Merle located, and Blueduck crawled up on the other side. We walked in and Rhett found the coon as we were tying them back. I’ll post a videos of both trees.
Case and Hope treeing. I can't believe how much she is starting to sound like Blueduck.

Blueduck and Merle treeing

Old Post 02-11-2016 07:04 PM
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

Friday night's hunt.

Friday night wasn’t a very good night for Donald and I. First drop, we sent Merle and Ellie Mae off the O.B. Cowlot road. Took them a while to get one lined out, off the feeder. They ran him out of the Pines and into a cutover. They were moving him pretty good till we turned to coon back when they came close to the road. After that, they just couldn’t seem to get back under him, so we caught them and moved on.
Second drop we turned out Blueduck and Donald’s other gyp, Miss Kitty. Blueduck took a cold track and was working it to the south. Donald’s gyp was showing interest, so I sent Merle to help him. They had moved pretty deep but the track wasn’t getting any better. We rode around to get closer, and when we stopped they were treed. We made our way the 300 yards, only to find them under a possum. First possum Blueduck has ever messed with. After a little electromotive force to each, they were ready to head back to the Ranger.
Third drop, we sent Merle and Miss Kitty down an old logger road. After being gone for 30 mins or so, Merle opened a few time then located. But he never treed, and moved on. Miss Kitty started treeing where Merle had located. We made our way to her, and again we look at a possum. Merle came back to the tree, but before he could open his mouth, his necklace remained, that he better keep moving.
Fourth drop, we sent Blueduck and Ellie Mae to the feeder on Wall Bayou. They struck him red hot and was pushing him hard. The coon left the hard woods, and hit the pines. After about ¼ mile, he crossed the road and headed north. They ran him another 200-300 yards and treed. Blueduck is a hard tree dog, but this time he wasn’t giving it his best. We started in to them, but the water got too deep. Donald was going to go back to the road and cross the bridge to see if he could make it to them from the other side. I backed up to find a way around the deep water. I made it to the edge, of Wall Bayou without getting wet, and found Blueduck swimming, treed under a huge Cypress in the middle of Wall Bayou. He would swim back and forth to the bank and tree. I captured him after managing to get him to come to my side. Wish I could say I saw the coon, but I didn’t.

I took Merle to the Meadville Ms. RQE Saturday night. I'll tell about that later.

Old Post 02-15-2016 06:48 PM
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

Saturday night RQE

Rhett and I took Case and Merle to the RQE in Meadville, Ms. Merle won Best of Show on the bench. I draw out with Robby Blackwell, so I knew I was going to be in some coon!!! Robby always has you in coon when he guides. Ole Merle had our cast won right up to the last 9 mins. With 275+ and no minus, we turned out to hunt the last 9 mins. Merle took last strick and went right with a walker gyp. The other walker dog went left and treed with 4 mins to go. We looked at that coon, and the hunt was over. Walker male won with 325+ and Merle finished with 275+. I was still happy with Ole merle’s performance.

Rhett came in with a dead cast. better luck next time.

Old Post 02-15-2016 08:56 PM
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

Report on Outlaw

Got a report from Chase Mclver about his pup off of Case. He told Rhett, that the puppy ran a coon over an hour and treed him, ALONE. He also said he got his barking in reverse. Chops on the track and bawls on the tree.

This is the pup Harvard Brain had, but wasn’t able to hunt because of medical issues. Chase named him “Ride and Die with an Outlaw”, calls him Outlaw. When Chase saw Blueduck, he asked me if I was a Lonesome Dove fan? I said yes and so is he. So there it is “Ride and Die with an Outlaw”. I told Chase if he ever raises pups off Outlaw, I want one to name Jake Spoon.

Old Post 02-15-2016 09:23 PM