UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Venomous snakes
Pages (8): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

It's that time of year, keep those chaps pulled up!
Chey went coonhunting and I've been snake hunting in the yard. 3 copperheads so far and my light went dead. At least they're not rattlers like some of you have.
annual salary of a forensic anthropologist
18 1/2", 22" and the big one 32" even when laid flat.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Last edited by Redneck Mafia on 07-09-2019 at 05:02 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-09-2019 04:30 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roy Grant
UKC Forum Member

Now you know, why I sold my Mo. property. Hope your summer is going well

Old Post 07-09-2019 12:31 PM
Roy Grant is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roy Grant Click here to Send Roy Grant a Private Message Click Here to Email Roy Grant Find more posts by Roy Grant Add Roy Grant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Roy Grant
Now you know, why I sold my Mo. property. Hope your summer is going well

Oh Roy, they aren't so bad! I just wish they would stay away from my yard. My two of my neighbor ladies have been bit and I worry about the grandbabies. We don't let them play outside from dusk on it the summer.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 07-09-2019 02:47 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Jen Cummings

How many have you killed last year and this year combined? Sounds like you have a real snake problem. Lol. Dave

Old Post 07-09-2019 09:17 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

Jennifer, you need more alligators. They eat snakes. LOL

Old Post 07-09-2019 09:41 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blacksc1
UKC Forum Member

It’s been a good year here, only seen a couple of rattlers and a couple of copper heads. All were in early spring. They don’t get bad here until September, no telling how many I’ve walked over top of surveying. I don’t even look for them.

Old Post 07-09-2019 10:35 PM
blacksc1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blacksc1 Click here to Send blacksc1 a Private Message Click Here to Email blacksc1 Find more posts by blacksc1 Add blacksc1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blacksc1
UKC Forum Member

If I knew how to post pictures, I’d show you what real copperheads look like. Giants. 5 footers are common around here in September. And yes they are copperheads.

Old Post 07-09-2019 10:37 PM
blacksc1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blacksc1 Click here to Send blacksc1 a Private Message Click Here to Email blacksc1 Find more posts by blacksc1 Add blacksc1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blacksc1
UKC Forum Member

https://i.postimg.cc/D0N6JVVw/A3-A6...4-FB88-A6-A.jpg

I’m 6’1 for scale, that was beaten to death last September right before we cut the dogs first night of kill season.

Old Post 07-09-2019 10:43 PM
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

blacksc 1

If I had to start season with them things crawling around that would have been the last night of season for me!!! Have hunted around rattlers my whole life, but stay away from bluffs along rivers till the weather gets cold around here. They are only venemous type snakes we have in Iowa for any of you guys coming our way for UKC World finals. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 07-09-2019 11:17 PM
Rolin Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rolin Blues Click here to Send Rolin Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Rolin Blues Add Rolin Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

blacksc1

Man, that was a big copperhead, like Ron said, I would not be to keen hunting around that many snakes. We have copperhead and rattlesnakesin these mountains, but only in certain spots and I do not hunt those spots until winter time. Lol. Dave

Old Post 07-10-2019 01:03 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by blacksc1
https://i.postimg.cc/D0N6JVVw/A3-A6...4-FB88-A6-A.jpg

I’m 6’1 for scale, that was beaten to death last September right before we cut the dogs first night of kill season.

You get any more like that you need to have it checked. I think the record is like 53" a 5 footer would be 60".
I hope nothing like that comes crawling through my yard!

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 07-10-2019 01:14 AM
erlandcooner
UKC Forum Member

Oklahoma snakes

Oklahoma has many poisonous snakes. Copper Heads and Rattlesnakes are plentiful but Cotton Mouths are coming back strong. I was bitten twice last summer by Copper Head. Also a couple times before that. Just Yesterday I almost stepped on a Timber Rattler and I got airborne just in time he missed me, he was about 3 ft. With about a 2in. Head. Be careful out coonhunting I've been coonhunting a long time and sometimes I just get careless.

Old Post 07-10-2019 01:24 AM
erlandcooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for erlandcooner Click here to Send erlandcooner a Private Message Find more posts by erlandcooner Add erlandcooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rex Ridge
UKC Forum Member

PA has rattlesnakes and copperheads. I've seen rattlesnakes while be riding horses. Haven't seen a copperhead and really don't want to.

They're protected here. You have to have a permit to kill one.

Old Post 07-10-2019 03:15 AM
Rex Ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rex Ridge Click here to Send Rex Ridge a Private Message Find more posts by Rex Ridge Add Rex Ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

It's like an Easter egg hunt. These are from tonight. All found just crawling in and around perimeter of the yard which is just over an acre that is mowed short as the Bad Boy will go. We are surrounded by woods. The only protection they have here is to just stay there Never really saw many until the feist died of old age they would occasionally kill one or have one bayed. If anyone has any pups I'm in the market for one. Give me a call. All these hound pups are good for is those with stock in whoever makes benadryl lol. They did bring a turtle to the porch yesterday so maybe there is hope one if it doesn't pan out as a coondog can switch over to snakes. Bad thing is I haven't seen any black snakes around, wouldn't mind turning a few loose around the property.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 07-10-2019 05:43 AM
Roy Grant
UKC Forum Member

Lady. You be BAD. Be careful

Old Post 07-10-2019 11:32 AM
Roy Grant is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roy Grant Click here to Send Roy Grant a Private Message Click Here to Email Roy Grant Find more posts by Roy Grant Add Roy Grant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roy Grant
UKC Forum Member

Old Post 07-10-2019 11:32 AM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Roy Grant

Monday night I was in capris and tennis shoes, had been checking for bugs in my garden. Last night when I went out to shine around I put my boots on!
WANTED: Someone to do light yard work and weed pulling. Maybe need someone to crawl under the house and make sure all is well lol.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 07-10-2019 03:12 PM
Chad spencer
UKC Forum Member

Yard work

Jen I’d say maybe just concrete your whole yard they’d be easier to spot and no weeds to pull. Mite know a guy or two in the business I think they work cheap

Old Post 07-10-2019 03:40 PM
Chad spencer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chad spencer Click here to Send Chad spencer a Private Message Find more posts by Chad spencer Add Chad spencer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blacksc1
UKC Forum Member

Mafia looks like you are infested with them. Boy I grew up with dads had a similar problem, he put gravel down all around where he parks and walks at night won’t leave the gravel after dark. And by the way I’ve killed several I’m guessing are over 4 foot never put a tape on them.

Come on fellas as long as you have your chaps on no need to fret, but they will make you jump when they surprise you. I’ve had dogs get hit time and time again. Rattle snakes are a lot calmer than copperheads in my experience. They can get cranky real fast, don’t take well to being hit with a stick.

Rez that’s ridiculous, anything that I feel like could be a threat to me or my home is going to be dealt with to heck with the law.

Old Post 07-10-2019 04:37 PM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Re: Yard work

quote:
Originally posted by Chad spencer
Jen I’d say maybe just concrete your whole yard they’d be easier to spot and no weeds to pull. Mite know a guy or two in the business I think they work cheap

Lol! You the man! Do you do plumbing too? Chey's dad said he would clear cut this place. He also turned down my offer of a little summer work lol.
Glad mine aren't rattlers like some of the okies have or those dang pythons taking over down south.

Blacksc1 you may have had a record and not even known it! Next giant you may need to get the tape out. And I'm with you on the law be danged.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 07-10-2019 04:45 PM
Chad spencer
UKC Forum Member

I don’t place the concrete I just put it in the truck that’s to much work for a old fat guy like me

Old Post 07-10-2019 05:25 PM
Chad spencer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chad spencer Click here to Send Chad spencer a Private Message Find more posts by Chad spencer Add Chad spencer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

LORDY

Jen, I'm sure glad there wasn't any Legacy hunt entries left for your June 23 hunt or I would have taken it. Was down @ my sisters in Russellville, Ark. on that Friday & was hunting with Chance Irving Sat. night near Tulsa, but had nothing going on for that night. After seeing that pile of 'critters', I want nothing to do with your area till winter!!!
At least, a rattle snake will let you know, if your getting too close to him!!!
Buddy (CUB)(Allen Waller) has 2 great great looking female pups out of Sap Suckin Warrior & his female. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 07-10-2019 10:02 PM
Rolin Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rolin Blues Click here to Send Rolin Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Rolin Blues Add Rolin Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rex Ridge
UKC Forum Member

Jen, can you sell their skins. People eat rattlesnakes here, never heard of anyone eating copperheads.

Old Post 07-11-2019 12:53 AM
Rex Ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rex Ridge Click here to Send Rex Ridge a Private Message Find more posts by Rex Ridge Add Rex Ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rex Ridge
UKC Forum Member

Jen, can you sell their skins. People eat rattlesnakes here, never heard of anyone eating copperheads.

Old Post 07-11-2019 12:53 AM
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

She might have to kill them a little more carefully to sell the skins.

Old Post 07-11-2019 02:19 AM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote