UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Dogs and Puppies For Sale > hardest hunting
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
tavern22
UKC Forum Member

hardest hunting

What stud is throwing the hardest hunting pups???

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-08-2018 12:52 AM
tavern22 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tavern22 Click here to Send tavern22 a Private Message Find more posts by tavern22 Add tavern22 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

Female

The Female May have a little to do with how pups turn out. Just saying I would look at her line a long with the Stud. JMO.

Old Post 05-08-2018 03:51 AM
david woofter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for david woofter Click here to Send david woofter a Private Message Click Here to Email david woofter Find more posts by david woofter Add david woofter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tavern22
UKC Forum Member

Well what line seems to throw the hardest hunting

Old Post 05-08-2018 11:46 AM
tavern22 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tavern22 Click here to Send tavern22 a Private Message Find more posts by tavern22 Add tavern22 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mickyblues
UKC Forum Member

from my experience I would say Hilly Billy/ Hammer line blue dogs. The ones I have had anyway.

Old Post 05-08-2018 03:38 PM
mickyblues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mickyblues Click here to Send mickyblues a Private Message Click Here to Email mickyblues Find more posts by mickyblues Add mickyblues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tavern22
UKC Forum Member

i have a male off colt and i was wanting to breed him to a few females and was wondering what line would help produce harder hunters. He has no trouble getting deep but i would like to see him do it a little quicker.

Last edited by tavern22 on 05-08-2018 at 09:07 PM

Old Post 05-08-2018 09:04 PM
Shannon Senter
UKC Forum Member

In my experience the Uchtman dogs seem to have a little more go power than the other lines ive hunted

Home Of GrCh GrNtCh Uchtman's Foggy Mtn Blaze

Old Post 05-11-2018 05:58 PM
Shannon Senter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Shannon Senter Click here to Send Shannon Senter a Private Message Click Here to Email Shannon Senter Find more posts by Shannon Senter Add Shannon Senter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blaze2014
Banned

Lol.

Old Post 10-09-2018 12:11 AM
Blaze2014 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blaze2014 Click here to Send Blaze2014 a Private Message Find more posts by Blaze2014 Add Blaze2014 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

Bloodlines

I also like some of Gary's Breeding. ( Ranger V/Albert Blood ) There's different lines that have Drive. The Old Brush Creek dogs had a lot of Heart as well as the old Hammer Lines and Smokey River. I agree with the Collarguy on Gary's Blood but I don't think it makes any different which state you get it out of when talking bloodlines. JMO P.S. I have hunted my dogs in W.Va. and KY and when they tree on the other side of the Mountain they ask me not to turn them loose any more because they wanted them to check the feed bucket and come back. LOL! My Ohio Blues will hunt in any state. They have Drive and Heart and you take them off the wood. Dave

Last edited by david woofter on 10-09-2018 at 12:44 PM

Old Post 10-09-2018 12:20 PM
david woofter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for david woofter Click here to Send david woofter a Private Message Click Here to Email david woofter Find more posts by david woofter Add david woofter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steeb_63
UKC Forum Member

its to funny to read what people think and how they look at things bring them hounds to illinios and see how your luck goes? we have coon but we have bad nights to.if coons aren't moving theyre not moving and ole lonesome seems to win a few casts where ever he goes plenty of hunt and drive in this hound

2018 2ND PLACE BREED WINNER PKC
2019 ILLINOIS STATE CHAMPION
2019 AUTUMN OAKS GRAND 16
2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATL GRNITECH OF BREED
2019 ZONE 3 HIGH SCORING DOG
2019 WORLD CH TOP 100
2019 PURINA NATIONALS BREED WINNER.
2019 FALL ROUND UP KING OF THE HUNT.
2019 ERCHA PKC PRO HUNT TOP 4
2020 WINTER CLASSIC SAT. 4TH PLACE CHAMPION DIVISION
2020 WORLD QUALIIFIED
2020 NATIONAL BLUETICK DAYS INVITATIONAL HUNT WINNER
2020 NATIONAL BLUETICK DAYS DOUBLE CAST WINNER 3RD PLACE GRNITECH FRI AND 4TH PLACE GRNITECH SAT
2020 Natl english days high scoring dog overall fri 1rst place grnitech sat 3rd place grnitech.
2021 invitational hunt winner
2021 natl bluetick days 9th place RQE winner
T0C Top 64 winner

ALSO HOME OF
PR Stebers Lil Blue Krayzee[dual grand penny x grnitech krypt]
nitech Stebers Big Ole Slick
NITECH STEBERS MIGHTY LONESOME 3 AKA CASH[7 wins towards grnitech
Stebers Mighty Blue Bell
Stebers 5 Gen
Stebers Pure Country
Stebers Shining Diamond
Stebers Lonesome Sue
Stebers Mighty Blue Patsy
Stebers Ole Blue Betty
Stebers Lil Blue Krayzee II
AND SEVERAL YOUNG ONES IN THE MIX

Old Post 10-09-2018 12:53 PM
steeb_63 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steeb_63 Click here to Send steeb_63 a Private Message Click Here to Email steeb_63 Find more posts by steeb_63 Add steeb_63 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tln70
UKC Forum Member

I have a hillbilly/dancers son bred male and I've pick him up
2 miles before and 1 to 1 1/2 miles a lot. And yes he was under a coon. Too far for around here, he was going to end up
Road pizza so I took it out of him. A lot of fun to hunt hunt now.
I have raised one litter if pups off him, and they all had plenty of go.

Old Post 10-10-2018 01:02 AM
tln70 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tln70 Click here to Send tln70 a Private Message Click Here to Email tln70 Find more posts by tln70 Add tln70 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blaze2014
Banned

Mercy.

Old Post 10-10-2018 03:25 AM
Blaze2014 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blaze2014 Click here to Send Blaze2014 a Private Message Find more posts by Blaze2014 Add Blaze2014 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Drummerblue2
UKC Forum Member

My opinion

Is that most all hounds now days will hunt harder than most handlers will alow them to .and as for as ta hew has the best it would be like picking the best out of a pig turd. I've not seen a world beater in a blue hide yet.

Old Post 10-10-2018 11:14 PM
Drummerblue2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Drummerblue2 Click here to Send Drummerblue2 a Private Message Find more posts by Drummerblue2 Add Drummerblue2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coonhunter00
UKC Forum Member

I have not been coonhunting long (12 years). But I have kept blueticks the whole time. To me the hardest hunting dogs was from what Gary Uchtman raises. The Screwey Lewey x Polkie male I got from him was the hardest hunting and had the most drive out of any blue dog I have owned to date.
Currently I own some Smokey River x Uchtman hounds hoping that the tree power from the Smokey River mixed with the drive of the Uchtman (all my Uchtman goes back to Jobe) will throw some well balanced hounds. Only time will tell

Old Post 10-11-2018 12:02 AM
coonhunter00 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coonhunter00 Click here to Send coonhunter00 a Private Message Click Here to Email coonhunter00 Find more posts by coonhunter00 Add coonhunter00 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Moore
UKC Forum Member

Holy Cow!

What started as who has the hardest hunting blue dog turned into, it depends on where you live, LOL! Not knocking anybody or their bloodline, just noted a couple different opinions. I thought we were all supposed to work together towards a better bluetick. While we're giving opinions Ill give mine, for what it's worth. Sooooo, here it is. I've hunted Morris' Blue River Boomer bloodline, Smokey River (Old Diamond Jim), old Hammer, new Hammer, Jet, (Jet V & up), and Ucthman, (Gary's stuff) and some pretty up close Sabastian and Vaughn stuff and Lord knows what else thrown in. I have had good hunting dogs in every one of those bloodlines. I live in the hills of WV where a dog needs to get deep sometimes but most times they can strike within 15-20 minutes. Coon population where I live is pretty good but the hills and hollers will work on you plus thickets, grapevines, and cutovers. At the present I am hunting one young female that will get things done in good fashion and in short order and she is Ucthman, Hammer and Smokey River with some other stuff thrown in. Guys & Gals, there are duds in all of them but I'm not too blind to not recognize that most all of the current bloodlines going today can produce good hounds wherever they are hunted. Most dogs adapt to where they are located but I do recognize some dogs need different type noses for hot dry ground or standing water or some other circumstances. All in All most Bluetick hounds of today will suit most hunters, it just depends on you likes & dislikes. Hunt ole Blue and please don't think you have all the answers, I don't, and if you did, we'd all be breaking your door down and ringing your phone off the wall or should I say, buzzing your i-phone right out of your hand, LOL. Have a great evening

Old Post 10-11-2018 01:52 AM
Ron Moore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Moore Click here to Send Ron Moore a Private Message Click Here to Email Ron Moore Find more posts by Ron Moore Add Ron Moore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Truth
UKC Forum Member

Hard Huntin

I've owned them all. Jet dogs hunt the hardest and are the fastest track dogs.

TRUTH

Old Post 10-11-2018 02:52 AM
Truth is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Truth Click here to Send Truth a Private Message Find more posts by Truth Add Truth to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
stewdog
UKC Forum Member

Re: Holy Cow!

quote:
Originally posted by Ron Moore
What started as who has the hardest hunting blue dog turned into, it depends on where you live, LOL! Not knocking anybody or their bloodline, just noted a couple different opinions. I thought we were all supposed to work together towards a better bluetick. While we're giving opinions Ill give mine, for what it's worth. Sooooo, here it is. I've hunted Morris' Blue River Boomer bloodline, Smokey River (Old Diamond Jim), old Hammer, new Hammer, Jet, (Jet V & up), and Ucthman, (Gary's stuff) and some pretty up close Sabastian and Vaughn stuff and Lord knows what else thrown in. I have had good hunting dogs in every one of those bloodlines. I live in the hills of WV where a dog needs to get deep sometimes but most times they can strike within 15-20 minutes. Coon population where I live is pretty good but the hills and hollers will work on you plus thickets, grapevines, and cutovers. At the present I am hunting one young female that will get things done in good fashion and in short order and she is Ucthman, Hammer and Smokey River with some other stuff thrown in. Guys & Gals, there are duds in all of them but I'm not too blind to not recognize that most all of the current bloodlines going today can produce good hounds wherever they are hunted. Most dogs adapt to where they are located but I do recognize some dogs need different type noses for hot dry ground or standing water or some other circumstances. All in All most Bluetick hounds of today will suit most hunters, it just depends on you likes & dislikes. Hunt ole Blue and please don't think you have all the answers, I don't, and if you did, we'd all be breaking your door down and ringing your phone off the wall or should I say, buzzing your i-phone right out of your hand, LOL. Have a great evening

JUST my opinion but I agree totally.

Old Post 10-26-2018 06:08 PM
stewdog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for stewdog Click here to Send stewdog a Private Message Click Here to Email stewdog Find more posts by stewdog Add stewdog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mickyblues
UKC Forum Member

it don't matter to me what bloodline they are as look as the are blue. but if you see me pushing one in the hunts they are going to be good looking, big mouth, get gone treed under a coon somewhere type of dog. don't care what blue line they come from. im fixing to start pushing one in the hunts that's off the George Jones (ucthman breed)

Last edited by mickyblues on 10-26-2018 at 07:51 PM

Old Post 10-26-2018 07:46 PM
mickyblues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mickyblues Click here to Send mickyblues a Private Message Click Here to Email mickyblues Find more posts by mickyblues Add mickyblues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kardinalkennels
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by coonhunter00
I have not been coonhunting long (12 years). But I have kept blueticks the whole time. To me the hardest hunting dogs was from what Gary Uchtman raises. The Screwey Lewey x Polkie male I got from him was the hardest hunting and had the most drive out of any blue dog I have owned to date.

I to have a dog out of Screwey Lewey, his mother was Roses Bl Hornets baby Rosey. One of the hardest hunting males I have ever owned. Lewey is dead now but the male I have off him stands behind most all of my dogs.

Coonhunter00 would like to drop you a line sometime.

Pups and started dogs available from time to time.

Old Post 11-08-2018 09:26 PM
kardinalkennels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kardinalkennels Click here to Send kardinalkennels a Private Message Find more posts by kardinalkennels Add kardinalkennels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
G. JEFFERS
UKC Forum Member

Mickey Gilmore

quote:
Originally posted by mickyblues
it don't matter to me what bloodline they are as look as the are blue. but if you see me pushing one in the hunts they are going to be good looking, big mouth, get gone treed under a coon somewhere type of dog. don't care what blue line they come from. im fixing to start pushing one in the hunts that's off the George Jones (ucthman breed)

What female is your hound off of ?

Jeffers' Bear Creek Big T (CH GRNITECH Goodsons Rowdy Bocephus X GRNITECH CH Koon Krossin Rambo’s Blue Gritts)

And always looking for a better one

Old Post 11-09-2018 04:14 PM
G. JEFFERS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for G. JEFFERS Click here to Send G. JEFFERS a Private Message Click Here to Email G. JEFFERS Find more posts by G. JEFFERS Add G. JEFFERS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Drummerblue2
UKC Forum Member

Hard going

I raised a litter out of George Jones that is nice they all started tree coon early I kept 3 back till they was 6 months old and it was hard to choose the onevi wanted to put my time in but I kept a female back they all will get in the dark on there own but I think the female has s lot to do with it her name is crooked creek Sapphire she is out of Russ Downing stock

Last edited by Drummerblue2 on 11-09-2018 at 11:48 PM

Old Post 11-09-2018 07:59 PM
Drummerblue2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Drummerblue2 Click here to Send Drummerblue2 a Private Message Find more posts by Drummerblue2 Add Drummerblue2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mickyblues
UKC Forum Member

G. Jeffers my male is off a female named nitech ch pr crooked creeks hunting diamond

Old Post 11-09-2018 10:49 PM