UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Line breeding to Big Country
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
yadkintar
Banned

Re: Re: Re: YAPPINTAR

quote:
Originally posted by Heikki
[QUOTE]Originally posted by yadkintar
With you I guess you have an intellect problem probly of a 3rd grade level. I watched the vidios of him in the hunts no wonder y’all can’t get a blue dog to win the big on they are handicapped being trained by intellectually challenged individuals.

Tar
[/QUOTE

I forgot that your the smartest man alive, you can do everything better than anyone else from training dogs to running the kc’s. You can even know all about a dog from watching a few videos, your the best! I guess I need to do my research & learn what all you have won & what big time hounds have come from your famous breeding program.

So long ago it don’t matter to nobody but me.

Have a good 4th.

Tar

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-04-2020 02:58 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DMG_3
UKC Forum Member

Original poster,

The cross your planning looks good to you,, go for it!! Only one true way to know for sure if it works! You put post asking others opinions on here,, always opens box of worms. I usually don’t post much on here, just read and try keeping my opinions to myself. I was just poking at tar cause,even tho he denies it,, 1st thing he done was post negatively about bc’s reproducing abilities. Then try cover it up or “crawfish” away from it.

Old Post 07-04-2020 03:28 PM
DMG_3 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DMG_3 Click here to Send DMG_3 a Private Message Find more posts by DMG_3 Add DMG_3 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Re: Original poster,

quote:
Originally posted by DMG_3
The cross your planning looks good to you,, go for it!! Only one true way to know for sure if it works! You put post asking others opinions on here,, always opens box of worms. I usually don’t post much on here, just read and try keeping my opinions to myself. I was just poking at tar cause,even tho he denies it,, 1st thing he done was post negatively about bc’s reproducing abilities. Then try cover it up or “crawfish” away from it.

Not crawfishing 4 yr old pups are you intellectually challenged also ?

Tar

Old Post 07-04-2020 03:37 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

At least Tar is calling you intellectually challenged instead of a retard. Tar is becoming more sophisticated and politically correct. Who says that you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

Old Post 07-04-2020 03:44 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DMG_3
UKC Forum Member

His pups have to go to ss? Before you know if he can reproduce? It’s all in the 1st post,, you was bashing.

Old Post 07-04-2020 03:53 PM
DMG_3 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DMG_3 Click here to Send DMG_3 a Private Message Find more posts by DMG_3 Add DMG_3 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
His pups have to go to ss? Before you know if he can reproduce? It’s all in the 1st post,, you was bashing.

How else you going to tell if it’s not documented ?

Oh I got a litter of dem blued tickum pups and dah whole litter gonna be gooduns cause peg leg bates sayd so lol.

Tar

Old Post 07-04-2020 04:15 PM
DMG_3
UKC Forum Member

There you go again. Showing all your intelligence.

Old Post 07-04-2020 04:46 PM
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
There you go again. Showing all your intelligence.

You ain’t going to let me win are you lol.

Tar

Old Post 07-04-2020 06:12 PM
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

Big Country top six PKC world 2019 ...Country Club 3rd place sophomore superstakes 2019. Not many blue dogs have done either.

Old Post 07-04-2020 06:20 PM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Big Country

He has definitely proven that he can run with the best dogs in the country and WIN. If John is hunting him, you should know he is a GOOD DOG, can he reproduce? He definitely should, only time will tell. I would settle for something even close to what BC is and so would most folks. His pedigree is solid as you are going to get in the Bluetick breed. Dave

Old Post 07-04-2020 06:47 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mhardy
UKC Forum Member

everyone on here acts like its ALL in the stud dog. breed something to a certain female and it don`t produce,,,its all the stud dogs fault. come on guys,,,,nobody, I said NOBODY KNOWS WHAT WORKS ,until its tried. i say the one doing the breeding don`t have to satisfy anyone but himself.so go for it if that's what you want.

Old Post 07-04-2020 07:03 PM
mhardy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mhardy Click here to Send mhardy a Private Message Click Here to Email mhardy Find more posts by mhardy Add mhardy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

If you are a hermit and live in a vacuum or a world exclusively by yourself then you only have to please yourself. But if you live in a world with other coon hunters then what they think matters.

Old Post 07-04-2020 08:13 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dogwhisper
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
If you are a hermit and live in a vacuum or a world exclusively by yourself then you only have to please yourself. But if you live in a world with other coon hunters then what they think matters.

.. . B S.

Old Post 07-04-2020 09:41 PM
Dogwhisper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dogwhisper Click here to Send Dogwhisper a Private Message Find more posts by Dogwhisper Add Dogwhisper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tim Green
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Josh Michaelis
After I read this I knew the entire post was gonna be pretty stupid.

Right again.

Yes Sir.

Old Post 07-04-2020 11:45 PM
Tim Green is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tim Green Click here to Send Tim Green a Private Message Click Here to Email Tim Green Find more posts by Tim Green Add Tim Green to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

I know very little about breeding, but if the female isn't a proven reproducer, anything you breed her to is gamble.

Old Post 07-05-2020 12:39 AM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BrockM
UKC Forum Member

I think this post was about linebreeding and I know nothing about that. I just got back into coonhunting after a 15 year break. Getting my young children involved. I’m a Bluetick guy and I have a young Blue male and a walker female pup because my 6 year old son wanted one and after viewing this thread I would like nothing better than to see a Bluetick win a world hunt just to quiet the opposition. We all enjoy following hounds so why do we have to argue about bloodlines and breeds? I don’t get it!! I just hope my children will love the sport and hunt whatever color dog they like.

Support a youth hunter. They are the future of our sport.

Old Post 07-05-2020 02:15 AM
BrockM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BrockM Click here to Send BrockM a Private Message Click Here to Email BrockM Find more posts by BrockM Add BrockM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Brock

Great post, I feel the same way, I am hunting Walker dogs, but would hunt a good coon dog of any color or breed. There are good and bad in ALL BREEDS. I judge the dog, not the breed. I do not care what the other man hunts, some folks just like stirring the pot. Some of these remarks are in jest, some of them are just plain silly. If you are a true coon hunter the quality of the dog is more important than the color or breed. Dave

Old Post 07-05-2020 02:33 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Traye Hearn
UKC Forum Member

BrockM

You are right and it was suppose to be about line breeding. I’m kinda like you and I was into hunting blue dogs 15-20 years ago and would like to think that I either owned or was partnered with Jimmy Presley on some nice hounds but because of kids and work I stopped hunting. During that time had the opportunity to hunt every week with some of the better dogs during that time including one of my best friends(Jimmy Presley)dog Screwy Lewy and a guy(Jimmy Smallings)that didn’t live but 35 minutes down the road Clear River Diamond Jim, also had the opportunity to pleasure hunt with Lonnie Smiley and hunt White River WMA with him and Jimmy Smallings. The reason I say all that is to say Ive seen good hounds and what it takes to breed good hounds but I know what I don’t know and I have no clue about line breeding. I do appreciate all the comments on the post even the ones that might have gotten off the topic.

Old Post 07-05-2020 02:56 AM
Traye Hearn is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Traye Hearn Click here to Send Traye Hearn a Private Message Click Here to Email Traye Hearn Find more posts by Traye Hearn Add Traye Hearn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Traye Hearn
UKC Forum Member

Dave

I agree with you. A good hound is a good hound no matter the breed. I prefer blue dogs but have handled walker dogs in hunts. My son has handled a Insane Frosted Train in PKC and UKC youth hunts and he’s currently hunting a dog for a friend of mine out frozen semen from Cabo Wabo so I’m not color blind.

Old Post 07-05-2020 03:15 AM
Traye Hearn is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Traye Hearn Click here to Send Traye Hearn a Private Message Click Here to Email Traye Hearn Find more posts by Traye Hearn Add Traye Hearn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DL NH
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Hearn,

Perhaps the most successful and also the most unconventional bluetick breeder of his day produced perhaps the most winning line of bluetick coon hounds in the history of the competition coon hunts. Yep..........you guessed right! I’m speaking of none other than Dave Dean. The cross you are thinking of making is no where near as close as what Dean did in the early years of his breeding plan.

People can say what they want but Dave Dean played a very significant role in bringing the bluetick hounds into the winners circle in the biggest hunts in the country in the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s. Many of the most popular bluetick pedigrees of today’s competition dogs will show some of the old Northern Blue Hammer dogs in their heritage.

Breed you’re female to what you want to. Go see BC go for yourself if possible. Talk to people whose opinions you trust and value. In the end it’s your decision. Good Luck and I hope ya get a basket full of solid cooners and maybe 1 or 2 once in a lifetimers!!

Old Post 07-05-2020 04:38 AM
DL NH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DL NH Click here to Send DL NH a Private Message Find more posts by DL NH Add DL NH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
honalieh
UKC Forum Member

Cross

Let's be honest here.

The best you can do is to make an educated guess, then hope it works!

You need to do what you feel most comfortable with, and not worry about anyone else's opinions (as they will be varied).

Old Post 07-05-2020 06:59 AM
honalieh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for honalieh Click here to Send honalieh a Private Message Click Here to Email honalieh Find more posts by honalieh Add honalieh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Mr Hearn

quote:
Originally posted by Traye Hearn
You are right and it was suppose to be about line breeding. I’m kinda like you and I was into hunting blue dogs 15-20 years ago and would like to think that I either owned or was partnered with Jimmy Presley on some nice hounds but because of kids and work I stopped hunting. During that time had the opportunity to hunt every week with some of the better dogs during that time including one of my best friends(Jimmy Presley)dog Screwy Lewy and a guy(Jimmy Smallings)that didn’t live but 35 minutes down the road Clear River Diamond Jim, also had the opportunity to pleasure hunt with Lonnie Smiley and hunt White River WMA with him and Jimmy Smallings. The reason I say all that is to say Ive seen good hounds and what it takes to breed good hounds but I know what I don’t know and I have no clue about line breeding. I do appreciate all the comments on the post even the ones that might have gotten off the topic.

Now you have my undivided attention. I would love to talk to you sometime about hounds. As I have pups out of Lewey semen that are 8 months old, and have Stuff off Clear River Diamond Jim. If you would call or text me at 660-351-0293 if I don't answer I'm busy working but will call you back. Would love to hear about these old hounds. Thanks

Last edited by nextcoonhunters on 07-05-2020 at 02:11 PM

Old Post 07-05-2020 02:07 PM
nextcoonhunters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nextcoonhunters Click here to Send nextcoonhunters a Private Message Find more posts by nextcoonhunters Add nextcoonhunters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mark V.
UKC Forum Member

I am the worst about out crossing . if I like a dog I breed to him ( no matter where he is). With that said I have only line breed for the last 5 years, You can start where ever you want but I will start with RAMBO II ( reproduced) ! Then lets go to our Sadie female Rambo X Suger (Davis White River Salin Sadie 3rd UKC World) Reproduced! Then Kaskaskia River Blue Dizzie & Bocephus off Sadie X Bodcious (litter mates) Reproduced ! Kaskaskia River Blue Trudy Sadie X Boomer ! When I here comments like B.C. is a freak of nature ( is He )? His ancestors did the same thing But I can tell you for sure I am NOT the best handler so this limits my dogs success . I think I was the 2nd person to breed to B.C. back when he was a NT. CH. in South east IN. when Donny had him, in my opinion there is NO reason why B.C. wouldn't reproduce ( he is breed to do so) I breed Trudy to B,C, and I like what I have off that cross. If you ancestors reproduced that's a good sign you might to.

Old Post 07-05-2020 02:35 PM
Mark V. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mark V. Click here to Send Mark V. a Private Message Click Here to Email Mark V. Find more posts by Mark V. Add Mark V. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

You know why he'll work on Walker females better than bluetick females?

Because the Walker females that are being bred to him are better. Miles and Miles better. Its not even close. Country will reproduce, but the bluetick breed has a long ways to go. He can't save it over night.

Old Post 07-06-2020 05:14 AM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Josh

The guy probly had his mind made up before he posted. I know the guys he hunts with. Might of been more like if I spend the $800 stud fee would any of you be interested in buying my pups.

Kinda like the pretty puppy pictures that say ( what y’all think ) that end up on the front page every time someone has anouther litter.

Just sayen.

Tar

Last edited by yadkintar on 07-06-2020 at 12:52 PM

Old Post 07-06-2020 12:49 PM