UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > WOW-Just got my American Cooner:
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
OLD TIMER
UKC Forum Member

WOW-Just got my American Cooner:

See where there's a litter of "puppies" for $5,000.00 each.

Can't find what the guarantee is on them nor do I even know what it should be?? For anyone that bought one could you please let me know.

Thank you

OT

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-30-2021 06:47 PM
OLD TIMER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for OLD TIMER Click Here to Email OLD TIMER Find more posts by OLD TIMER Add OLD TIMER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

Re: WOW-Just got my American Cooner:

quote:
Originally posted by OLD TIMER
See where there's a litter of "puppies" for $5,000.00 each.

Can't find what the guarantee is on them nor do I even know what it should be?? For anyone that bought one could you please let me know.

Thank you

OT

I don't have the Cooner yet. What were they out of?

Old Post 01-30-2021 07:28 PM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Heikki
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: WOW-Just got my American Cooner:

quote:
Originally posted by Josh Michaelis
I don't have the Cooner yet. What were they out of?

Lipper semen x Waltz & Harris Heart Breaker

NtCh Yeager’s Poison Ivy
PKC CH The Midnight Toker
2023 Spring SS Freshman Champion

Old Post 01-30-2021 08:56 PM
Heikki is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Heikki Click here to Send Heikki a Private Message Click Here to Email Heikki Find more posts by Heikki Add Heikki to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

I have hunted many nights with that gyp. She doesn't make many mistakes. Mr Paul Harris did a fine job training and titling her.

Old Post 01-30-2021 11:43 PM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Paul Frederick
UKC Forum Member

They ran the same ad in the February Coonhound Bloodlines. Pages 14 & 15.

Old Post 01-31-2021 12:27 AM
Paul Frederick is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Paul Frederick Click here to Send Paul Frederick a Private Message Click Here to Email Paul Frederick Find more posts by Paul Frederick Add Paul Frederick to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Will Walker
UKC Forum Member

Heres how i look at it , if im not buying one i dont need to wonder anything . Them guys do their homework . If i made one of them pups a dual grand and went to studding it do u know how fast you could make $5000 ?

Old Post 01-31-2021 02:37 AM
Will Walker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Will Walker Click here to Send Will Walker a Private Message Click Here to Email Will Walker Find more posts by Will Walker Add Will Walker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wart
UKC Forum Member

Dogs

Not very fast by the time you raise and train one and then make them dual grand your looking at 10.000 grand

Old Post 01-31-2021 02:43 AM
wart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wart Click here to Send wart a Private Message Find more posts by wart Add wart to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Will Walker
Heres how i look at it , if im not buying one i dont need to wonder anything . Them guys do their homework . If i made one of them pups a dual grand and went to studding it do u know how fast you could make $5000 ?

Not as fast as you think. The stud business isn't as lucrative as it was 15 years ago.

Old Post 01-31-2021 03:53 AM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Night Shift
UKC Forum Member

How many years has it been since Lipper had a winner.

Gr Nt Ch Maniac's Dark Side of the Moon

Old Post 02-01-2021 01:22 AM
Night Shift is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Night Shift Click here to Send Night Shift a Private Message Click Here to Email Night Shift Find more posts by Night Shift Add Night Shift to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

5K pups

Folks that can spend 5K on a pup really do not worry about a return on their investment as much as maybe getting a really good coon dog. Dogs and horses are more for pleasure, bragging rights, etc than an investment. If you want to invest for profit, stay out of dogs and horses. I can guarantee you there is no profit in either, but the expense is high, but the fun and pleasure is priceless to me. Dave

Old Post 02-01-2021 02:24 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wart
UKC Forum Member

Dogs

The only way for most not to loose money in dogs is never leave your driveway

Old Post 02-01-2021 03:36 AM
wart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wart Click here to Send wart a Private Message Find more posts by wart Add wart to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Couple real good thoughts here:

"Folks that can spend 5K on a pup really do not worry about a return on their investment as much as maybe getting a really good coon dog. Dogs and horses are more for pleasure, bragging rights, etc than an investment. If you want to invest for profit, stay out of dogs and horses. I can guarantee you there is no profit in either, but the expense is high, but the fun and pleasure is priceless to me. Dave"

"The only way for most not to loose money in dogs is never leave your driveway.'

A lot of things are done in this world just because "You Can".

Old Post 02-01-2021 01:06 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

I had Breaker at my place, Hunted her an Bred her, also had Drama Queen here, Hunting an Bred her, Drama was bred to Lipper semen also, these 2 females Are The Total Package. Mike Waltz and Paul Harris are two of the best dog men I know.

GrNtCh Houses Lipper (semen)

$$$pups

...GrNtCh Trackman
.GrNtCh Straight Jacket
...WCh Insane Jane
GrNtCh Waltz & Harris HeartBreaker
...GrNtCh Waltz PayDirt
.GrNtCh Waltz Drama Queen
...GrNtCh Stylish Penny

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

GrNtChGrCh Homemade Josie.
Homemade Tank.
GrNtCh Hardwood Bean (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Abbotts Bawling Rebel (SEMEN)
GrNtChGrCh Tj's Stylish Lipper (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Nite Life Pay Dirt (SEMEN)
GrNtCh PKC Ch Poison Smoke (SEMEN)

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

2010 SETWA BREEDER OF THE YEAR!!
(828) 302-5480

Last edited by nitehunter2004 on 02-01-2021 at 03:47 PM

Old Post 02-01-2021 03:45 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JDMiller
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Night Shift
good question! With all the hype of the Impact litter years back I was kinda let down but then again lipperwas only half the cross. Also the type of dogs that win today would have be shot if they were around in lippers day.

Old Post 02-01-2021 04:10 PM
JDMiller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JDMiller Click here to Send JDMiller a Private Message Click Here to Email JDMiller Find more posts by JDMiller Add JDMiller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Paul Frederick
UKC Forum Member

quote:

I wouldn't necessarily fault Lipper for that, though. It seems like so many of these AI pups get bought by older guys who don't care about putting their dog in any competition hunt, or by guys who are afraid of the dog getting hurt or killed and won't put them in a hunt. We've all seen stud ads on Lipper sons who have no titles, not because they couldn't title out, but because, for whatever reason, they are never put in the hunts.

I would love to see one of these pups go to some top competition trainers, owners, and handlers to see what they really can do in today's Nite Hunts. Some Hardwood Patch semen pups have done some winning as of late in PKC, so I don't doubt Lipper pups could win today.

Old Post 02-01-2021 04:18 PM
Paul Frederick is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Paul Frederick Click here to Send Paul Frederick a Private Message Click Here to Email Paul Frederick Find more posts by Paul Frederick Add Paul Frederick to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Revenge
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Paul Frederick
I wouldn't necessarily fault Lipper for that, though. It seems like so many of these AI pups get bought by older guys who don't care about putting their dog in any competition hunt, or by guys who are afraid of the dog getting hurt or killed and won't put them in a hunt. We've all seen stud ads on Lipper sons who have no titles, not because they couldn't title out, but because, for whatever reason, they are never put in the hunts.

I would love to see one of these pups go to some top competition trainers, owners, and handlers to see what they really can do in today's Nite Hunts. Some Hardwood Patch semen pups have done some winning as of late in PKC, so I don't doubt Lipper pups could win today.

If the big money men in $kc thought Lipper dogs could win them the big checks they would find a way to get their hands on some. JMO.

Old Post 02-01-2021 05:45 PM
Revenge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Revenge Click here to Send Revenge a Private Message Find more posts by Revenge Add Revenge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Night Shift
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Revenge
If the big money men in $kc thought Lipper dogs could win them the big checks they would find a way to get their hands on some. JMO.

Exactly they were never big winners but that’s not saying he hasn’t helped the Walker breed. His pups just lacked traits and needed a couple generations to perfect. JMO

Old Post 02-01-2021 06:58 PM
Night Shift is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Night Shift Click here to Send Night Shift a Private Message Click Here to Email Night Shift Find more posts by Night Shift Add Night Shift to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

Holly crap just imagine what the price would be if they could win something.

All pups sold Before The Add came out!

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

GrNtChGrCh Homemade Josie.
Homemade Tank.
GrNtCh Hardwood Bean (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Abbotts Bawling Rebel (SEMEN)
GrNtChGrCh Tj's Stylish Lipper (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Nite Life Pay Dirt (SEMEN)
GrNtCh PKC Ch Poison Smoke (SEMEN)

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

2010 SETWA BREEDER OF THE YEAR!!
(828) 302-5480

Last edited by nitehunter2004 on 02-01-2021 at 08:00 PM

Old Post 02-01-2021 07:19 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mhardy
UKC Forum Member

the lipper pups and grandpups could win today if the rules were the same as yesteryear.but they have bred the dogs today to fit the rules now in place.so now think about it, could the dogs today win by the rules of yesteryear???before the one min. rule was in place, I saw a whole cast scratched for mouthing off the chain in a ACHA world hunt.wonder how these today dogs would stack up against those rules ??

Old Post 02-01-2021 08:10 PM
mhardy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mhardy Click here to Send mhardy a Private Message Click Here to Email mhardy Find more posts by mhardy Add mhardy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Seems to an almost unending supply of Lipper. Just when everyone thinks it's the last more is found.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 02-01-2021 08:19 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
Seems to an almost unending supply of Lipper. Just when everyone thinks it's the last more is found.

I think there's a lab making it in Marietta, Oklahoma.

Old Post 02-01-2021 08:22 PM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

Just talked to a feller in Oklahoma who was laughing at this post. Said outta 5000 pups if it was ever gonna happen it would have already. He may start advertising Lipper semen and catfish bait.

Old Post 02-01-2021 08:47 PM
yadkinriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinriver Click here to Send yadkinriver a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinriver Visit yadkinriver's homepage! Find more posts by yadkinriver Add yadkinriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Night Shift
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by mhardy
the lipper pups and grandpups could win today if the rules were the same as yesteryear.but they have bred the dogs today to fit the rules now in place.so now think about it, could the dogs today win by the rules of yesteryear???before the one min. rule was in place, I saw a whole cast scratched for mouthing off the chain in a ACHA world hunt.wonder how these today dogs would stack up against those rules ??

Today’s dogs are just better dogs plain and simple. Today’s dogs would dominate the old hunts. I’m not sure what you mean with all this babbling. It’s not as prevalent as one might think. Yea I run into it but I can honestly say I’ve not lost very many because of it.

Last edited by Night Shift on 02-02-2021 at 01:49 AM

Old Post 02-01-2021 10:12 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Today’s dogs are just better dogs plain and simple. Today’s dogs would dominate the old hunts. I’m not sure what you mean with all this babbling. It’s not as prevalent as one more think. Yea I run into it but I can honestly say I’ve not lost very many because of it.

Jason, you may just be 100 percent right. I have coon hunted over 60 years and have owned my own dogs for over 50 years. I can honestly say that the dogs today are absolutely better across the board than dogs were years ago. You will definitely see more decent dogs today than years ago. Yes, I know there were some outstanding coon dogs back in the day, but there are more outstanding coon dogs today. Definitely more better than average coon dogs today than in the old days. I see way more dogs today that anyone would like to own than I did back in the day. I remember when just a decent coon dog was hard to find, I am talking s decent hunting, trash free accurate coon dog. I know of a lot of dogs today that hunt good, tree coons accurately and do not run trash, those kind were scarce back in the day, at least in these mountains. I pay no attention to the naysayers who are stuck in the past comparing Apple's to grapefruits. Lol. Dave

Old Post 02-01-2021 11:56 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Double post.Sorry! Dave

Last edited by Dave Richards on 02-02-2021 at 12:05 AM

Old Post 02-01-2021 11:56 PM