UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > WOW-Just got my American Cooner:
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Lipper Semen Pups

I would say these $5000 Pups mean something more to the Men buying them other than Winning, but Win they may if put in the right hands. But the guys Buying these are not the average guy and you probably wont see them on here bragging what they have bought or what they have Won.
Todays Dogs are Better in some ways, such as Independence & Drive. But at same time they are lacking some Qualities of dogs of Yesteryear.....Such as Mouth & Brains. Just my Opinion & Observation.
Tons of them out there that are Babbling Idiots and there are a handful that are true Freaks when it comes to Reproducing Nice Hounds.
Lipper had such a Huge Impact on the Walker Breed and is still doing just that same thing today. Try & Sell Sperm out of ANY other Stud Dog living or dead for $5000 and see how that goes ....😉.
I have bought Pups in the last few years out of different Dogs and Every single one was a Blooming Idiot and I couldn't wait to get rid of it.
I got a Young Male off of Logan Manns that was off Half Pint Junkie that was a Nice Outfit & had it all.....Looks, Mouth, Accuracy, Drive....my Buddy Harold Williams bought him from me and " Majic " is a Coon Tree'r.
Winning a Hunt is Not Everything and if we all knew the whole story on how some of these Win them.....Well, we wont go there since this Post is about $5000 Pups.......😉🙄
Tim

Quality, Dependable Coon Lights--Built by a Coonhunter for Coonhunters
==================================
** Superior Lights

** Sunspot Hunting Lights

** Zepp's--Quality Products

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

** They Twist it until they start believing it themselves**

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Competition Coonhunters and Politicians
** Win anyway you have to & tell everyone what they want to hear **

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-02-2021 11:54 AM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Granular
UKC Forum Member

Last edited by Granular on 02-03-2021 at 01:35 AM

Old Post 02-02-2021 01:07 PM
Granular is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Granular Click here to Send Granular a Private Message Find more posts by Granular Add Granular to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kybufford
UKC Forum Member

If you have dogs out of a line you really like, its almost like hunting your old dog that's pasted on. Id give $5k for the right Black and Tan pup if it was out of the same line as Bufford. That dog is what got me started and the best I have ever owned. It be like hunting with his family if you look at dogs like that.

Cant fault the owner for the price if guys are paying it. Most people look at a dog and if its cheap price they move on. $5k for a pup would make me think thats one dang good pup!! Or has the potential to be one dang good dog!!

God only knows who we'd be without soldiers and Jesus.

Rack'em Up Willy pup
--County Line's Rammy(Rambo)

Black and Tans
TREE BANGIN White Boy
*UKC win Friday night Red Bone days 2021
BnT TREE BANGIN BUFFORD the start of it all

Old Post 02-02-2021 02:10 PM
kybufford is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kybufford Click here to Send kybufford a Private Message Click Here to Email kybufford Find more posts by kybufford Add kybufford to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hoosier Man1
UKC Forum Member

When these types of crosses are made guys are buying the memories of the product. Plain and simple

Grand Nite Ch HOF PKC Silver Ch Heatseaker Unleash the Kraken(Grand at 15 months old) BBOA Overall 1st place X2, Tournament of Champions Finalist, National Bluetic Days overall winner, Autumn Oaks Grand 16x2 PKC SS Semi Finalist PKC State Hunt Final 4 UKC World Top 20
GRNT CH BLUES AMAZING GRACE
Trevor Hack
567-231-7413

Old Post 02-02-2021 02:22 PM
Hoosier Man1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hoosier Man1 Click here to Send Hoosier Man1 a Private Message Find more posts by Hoosier Man1 Add Hoosier Man1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

The last two pups I got were free and they both tree coons.

Old Post 02-02-2021 10:43 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Night Shift
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Hoosier Man1
When these types of crosses are made guys are buying the memories of the product. Plain and simple

I can honestly agree with this statement

Gr Nt Ch Maniac's Dark Side of the Moon

Old Post 02-02-2021 11:34 PM
Night Shift is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Night Shift Click here to Send Night Shift a Private Message Click Here to Email Night Shift Find more posts by Night Shift Add Night Shift to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by shadinc

There you go, it's not the price you pay, it's the fun you get from the purchase. It can be free or cost a lot, but how much fun or pleasure you get is up to you. I do not care what the other man pays for anything, it's his money and his business. You can spend a little or a lot, the choice is how much you want it and can you afford it? One man's treasure is another man's trash! Dave

Old Post 02-02-2021 11:35 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

Tim did you Mike and Paul all keep a pup? What did each of you keep males or females?

Old Post 02-02-2021 11:38 PM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

No.

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

GrNtChGrCh Homemade Josie.
Homemade Tank.
GrNtCh Hardwood Bean (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Abbotts Bawling Rebel (SEMEN)
GrNtChGrCh Tj's Stylish Lipper (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Nite Life Pay Dirt (SEMEN)
GrNtCh PKC Ch Poison Smoke (SEMEN)

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

2010 SETWA BREEDER OF THE YEAR!!
(828) 302-5480

Old Post 02-02-2021 11:41 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

If that is what people like, by all means, have at it. There are hunts with $6500 entry fees, and winners selling for 100k.

I sold a started female for 2 grand the other day that would have been a $500 dog 10 years ago. She was for sale for about two hours before she sold.

Prices are going up for good bred hounds, and believe it or not, that is good for pretty much everyone in the sport.

I wouldn't take a lipper semen pup if it was given to me, but what people pay for one really is not my concern.

Old Post 02-02-2021 11:50 PM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by shadinc
And when they're running deer, back tracking, treeing possums, babbling and slick treeing I never feel like I got ripped off.

Old Post 02-03-2021 01:02 AM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by nitehunter2004
No.
that makes for a real head scratcher.

Old Post 02-03-2021 01:11 AM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by pamjohnson
that makes for a real head scratcher.

The next cross will be a head scratcher, I had surgery on my spine Friday and will be laid up for a few weeks/months so I had no plans for a pup.
I have a 10 month old male that is 80lb Loud an Hardheaded, IF I ever get a handle on him he will be a lot of fun, He is a Grand Pup to Lipper on top an a Grand Pup to Bean on bottom, He May be more than I can handle.

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

GrNtChGrCh Homemade Josie.
Homemade Tank.
GrNtCh Hardwood Bean (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Abbotts Bawling Rebel (SEMEN)
GrNtChGrCh Tj's Stylish Lipper (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Nite Life Pay Dirt (SEMEN)
GrNtCh PKC Ch Poison Smoke (SEMEN)

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

2010 SETWA BREEDER OF THE YEAR!!
(828) 302-5480

Last edited by nitehunter2004 on 02-03-2021 at 01:29 AM

Old Post 02-03-2021 01:23 AM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote