UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Couple Questions About Grand America Hunt and Show
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Kryptonite
UKC Forum Member

Couple Questions About Grand America Hunt and Show

Nite Hunt Question:

1) If I have a Registered Hound and plan on entering him in local hunts prior to Grand America will I still be able to hunt if my hound makes NITECH prior to Grand America, but after the advance entry deadline?

Bench Show Questions:

1) If I show a Registered Hound in the friday Bench Show and the hound accumulates enough points from the Registered Show to become a Champion. Can I enter the same hound in the Champion Class in the saturday bench show? That being said could one hound win both Best of Show and Champion of Champion in the same event hypothetically?

2) If I handle a hound in the main Bench Show regardless win or loose can I let a youth handler handle my hound in the Youth Bench Show?

3) Does Dual Champion class for hounds that have strictly Nite Hunting Title and Bench Show Title or Does a hound with a Water Race or Field Trial Champion degree count as Dual Champion?

4) Are there any stipulations regarding the pairs class? Besides opposite sex hounds of the same breed? For example, can the male be Grand Champion and the female be Champion or Registered?

5) Last question on my mind. Do pairs or Dual Champion classes of the bench compete for any kind of points or titles?

■HOME OF■

☆GRCH WCH 'PR' LEE'S ATTACK N HARDWOOD ELVIS
•(STUD FEE: BY PRIVATE TREATY
•(ALL GRAND SON OF HARDWOOD ELVIS ATTACK)
•(2 First Place Wins Toward NITECH)
•(4 Wins Toward GRCH)
•(80 Points Toward WCH)
•(45 Points Toward FCH)

☆'PR' NELSON'S SOUTHERN BELL

♡GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN♡

●NELSON'S X-RATED BO BO CEPHUS
•(X-BRED 50%WALKER x 50%PLOTT)
●GRCH 'PR' HERRONS HARDWOOD DAISY ATTACK
●CH 'PR' HERRONS ROCK RIVER PETE
●'PR' HERRONS HI DOLLAR GYPSY ATTACK
●'PR' HERRONS LITTLE ANN

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-04-2019 10:38 AM
Kryptonite is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kryptonite Click here to Send Kryptonite a Private Message Click Here to Email Kryptonite Find more posts by Kryptonite Add Kryptonite to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen / UKC
Administrator

Re: Couple Questions About Grand America Hunt and Show

quote:
Originally posted by Kryptonite
Nite Hunt Question:

1) If I have a Registered Hound and plan on entering him in local hunts prior to Grand America will I still be able to hunt if my hound makes NITECH prior to Grand America, but after the advance entry deadline?

A: Yes. If the dogs does make NITECH, simply let them know that the dog needs to be moved up the Champion division, when you confirm your entry at headquarters.

Bench Show Questions:

1) If I show a Registered Hound in the friday Bench Show and the hound accumulates enough points from the Registered Show to become a Champion. Can I enter the same hound in the Champion Class in the saturday bench show? That being said could one hound win both Best of Show and Champion of Champion in the same event hypothetically?

A: No. The rules do not allow a dog to show in multiple categories of the same show.

2) If I handle a hound in the main Bench Show regardless win or loose can I let a youth handler handle my hound in the Youth Bench Show?

A: Yes, for sure!

3) Does Dual Champion class for hounds that have strictly Nite Hunting Title and Bench Show Title or Does a hound with a Water Race or Field Trial Champion degree count as Dual Champion?

A: Dual Champions are defined as those dogs that have a Nite Hunt AND a Bench Show degree. Any other combination does not constitute Dual Champion as it relates to a Dual Champion Show.

4) Are there any stipulations regarding the pairs class? Besides opposite sex hounds of the same breed? For example, can the male be Grand Champion and the female be Champion or Registered?

A: Any combination is acceptable. The only two requirements are that the dogs must both be of the same breed and one be a male and the other a female.

5) Last question on my mind. Do pairs or Dual Champion classes of the bench compete for any kind of points or titles?

A: There are no points or titles other than the title that may be recognized and shown on the award received by the winner. In other words, the overall winner of the Dual's Class may be called or referred to as the 2019 Grand American Dual Champion.

Old Post 12-04-2019 05:30 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BethJ07
UKC Forum Member

Re: Couple Questions About Grand America Hunt and Show

quote:
Originally posted by Kryptonite
Nite Hunt Question:

Bench Show Questions:

1. Grand American show is one show split over Two days, so you wouldn’t be able to win BMOS on Friday and then move up in Saturday show and win Ch male for example. The Saturday win would be an invalid entry,

Old Post 12-05-2019 01:27 PM
BethJ07 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BethJ07 Click here to Send BethJ07 a Private Message Click Here to Email BethJ07 Find more posts by BethJ07 Add BethJ07 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote