UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > BRINER'S BLUE MIDNIGHT BLUETICKS
Pages (18): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
8hawg
UKC Forum Member

HA HA. Now tell the real story. I stayed home to be with the family last night and rest up. I'm guessing you stopped at Casey's gas station and got you a big slice of pizza along with 4 or 5 doughnuts and 44 ounce coke. You may or may not of even turned loose last night, after eating all that and drinking that coke. Its a wonder you even made it home after the trip to Casey 's, let alone going hunting. Did you get sausage or pepperoni last night. Were the doughnuts covered in those sprinkles you like so well. Maybe tonight we can go hunting and you can stop at Casey's again.(:

Last edited by 8hawg on 11-23-2011 at 03:13 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-23-2011 03:11 PM
8hawg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 8hawg Click here to Send 8hawg a Private Message Find more posts by 8hawg Add 8hawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Chris, sounds like you have done a good job training the B & T with those blue dogs. The ticks will start fading through on the B&T if you hunt with her enough.

The Hounds I Enjoyed Hunting:
Dual Gr Natural Smokey River Rebel, A buddy of mine
Gr. Nt Natural Blue Echo ( Gr Nt Quail Ck Jimmy X Nt Ch Natural Blue Bell)
Gr Nt Smokey River Chief's Joe (JBS Chief X Gr Nt Jeans Ruby)
Gr. Nt. Ch. Natural Smokey River Lucy (Chief's Joe X Muggins)
And Many More

Old Post 11-23-2011 03:39 PM
blueticker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blueticker Click here to Send blueticker a Private Message Find more posts by blueticker Add blueticker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
8hawg
UKC Forum Member

davemc

Dave,
Here is the pedigree on ZEUS, you asked me about. Hope this helps to refresh your memory. I didn't realize until typing this out that McGinnis Blue Jody is a full sister to Nitech McGinnis Blue Amos. So you know whats on back behind her.

Chris

-----------------------------DUAL GRAND HARPETH RIVER BLUE JOE
----------------------NITECH ECHO RIDGE BLU BULLET BOB
-----------------------------GRNT POUDRE RIVER KARI
---------NITECH BLUEMIDNIGHT AMBUSH
-----------------------------DUAL GRAND HARPETH RIVER BLUE JOE
----------------------NITECH BRINER'S BLUE BRANDY
-----------------------------CEDAR GLADE BLUE BEBE

-----NITECH HARPETH RIVER BLUE JACK

-----------------------------GRNT UCHTMANS BLUE B.A.
----------------------PERSINGERS BILL
-----------------------------ZWILLINGS POW WOW PUD
----------HONEY CREEK RUNT RAT
-----------------------------GOLDENS BLUE BOY BANDIT
----------------------BOPUS CREEK LADY
-----------------------------NORTHERN BLUE DIAMOND

ZEUS

----------------------------DUAL GRAND HARPETH RIVER BLUE JOE
----------------------NITECH ECHO RIDGE BLUE BULLET BOB
----------------------------GRNT POUDRE RIVER KARI
----------NITECH BLUE MIDNIGHT AMBUSH
----------------------------DUAL GRAND HARPETH RIVER BLUE JOE
----------------------NITECH BRINER'S BLUE BRANDY
----------------------------CEDAR GLADE BLUE BEBE

-----BLUE MIDNIGHT STAR

----------------------------DUAL GRAND MCGINNIS BLUE HOMER II
----------------------NITECH MCGINNIS BLUE HOMER III
----------------------------GRNT TUNA VALLEY BLUE LITTLE JESSE
----------BIG CREEK BLUE TINY SUE
----------------------------GRCH DAYS NITETME NICK
----------------------MCGINNIS BLUE JODY
----------------------------OUTLAW MOLLY SUE

Old Post 11-23-2011 10:51 PM
8hawg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 8hawg Click here to Send 8hawg a Private Message Find more posts by 8hawg Add 8hawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
8hawg
UKC Forum Member

blueticker

Dennis,

The B&T female is coming around. A few more trips with the Blues and she may make a keeper.

NO, I must say the Black female is a good one. Takes a pretty good dog to hang with her night after night. Her owner may not beable to keep up with her much in the future , unless he gets off the pizza, doughnuts and coke a cola.

Old Post 11-23-2011 11:00 PM
8hawg
UKC Forum Member

12th night of season

Brother took Raven and his male pup. I took Penny. 1st drop they got treed on some vines that led into a den. We walked a little then cut them loose again. Penny treed at 700 yards in, Raven backed they had the meat in a hedge tree. We got the B&T male pup interested in the coon. We walk in and sent them on again. Penny got struck in at 300 yards, sounded like she came treed, Raven hit in there and they took the track on. It took some time but they got it treed. They had the meat. We moved by truck. Next drop, they tree along a slough in a viney tree, I think the coon fooled them on this tree. We moved, cut them loose they went 500 yards and treed. It was a den. We walk off a little and cut them again. Penny gets treed 400 yards further in. Raven backs. Big leaning tree. They have the meat. The coon put a pretty good gash on Pennys face. Didn't think the bleeding was ever going to stop, I started to get worried. It didn't seem to phase her a bit. Laid a drag for the B&T male pup, he treed on it.
Below is some pictures of tonights hunt.

The 1st tree

The 2nd tree

RAVEN GIVING PENNY A HAND

5th tree

Last tree of the night

Last edited by 8hawg on 12-08-2011 at 11:45 PM

Old Post 11-24-2011 08:28 AM
davemc
UKC Forum Member

penny

Chris It sounds like your injoying hunting with Penny as much as I did . Keep up the good work on the pups After Deer season maybe I can come for a hunt .

Old Post 11-24-2011 12:39 PM
davemc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for davemc Click here to Send davemc a Private Message Find more posts by davemc Add davemc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
8hawg
UKC Forum Member

Dave.
I am having a good time with Penny. The more I hunt her the tougher she looks.
I took Thanksgiving night off to be with the family. I also had to take tonight off after doing the "Black Friday" shopping spree with the little lady. It flat wore me the heck out. I hope I can recuperate enough to hunt tomorrow night.

Talk to you soon.
Chris

Old Post 11-26-2011 03:32 AM
8hawg
UKC Forum Member

I would like to congratulate my brother Shane and his black female "RAVEN". They got a first place UKC registered win last night with 900 plus.I have hunted quite a bit with Shane and Raven this year . CONGRATS!!!

Chris

Old Post 11-27-2011 01:50 PM
s. alumbaugh
New UKC Forum Member

1st place

thanks Chris. tonight you will be getting off the porch correct?

Old Post 11-28-2011 04:49 PM
s. alumbaugh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for s. alumbaugh Click here to Send s. alumbaugh a Private Message Click Here to Email s. alumbaugh Find more posts by s. alumbaugh Add s. alumbaugh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Chris, I'll be looking forward on starting the pup out of Penny. She is certainly a high energy pup.

If the lease goes as I have heard, Bob is a super nice hound and the cross should work. Crossing Rebel to Lil certainly produced some top hounds. Same genetics on the second generation. Bob a brother to Lil and Penny a sister to Rebel.

The Hounds I Enjoyed Hunting:
Dual Gr Natural Smokey River Rebel, A buddy of mine
Gr. Nt Natural Blue Echo ( Gr Nt Quail Ck Jimmy X Nt Ch Natural Blue Bell)
Gr Nt Smokey River Chief's Joe (JBS Chief X Gr Nt Jeans Ruby)
Gr. Nt. Ch. Natural Smokey River Lucy (Chief's Joe X Muggins)
And Many More

Old Post 11-28-2011 05:36 PM
blueticker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blueticker Click here to Send blueticker a Private Message Find more posts by blueticker Add blueticker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
8hawg
UKC Forum Member

Dennis,

I am confident the Penny pup will progress well. I have been getting excellent reports back on these pups already. I believe they turned 5 months old today. There is a male in NY that went crazy over his 1st caged coon, and has now treed his own coon in the wild. I just got a picture sent to me last week of a male and female in AL that are coon crazy and has been treeing regularly on drags and are being hunted some. There is a female in NY that the owner is very happy with so far. I was told of another female in AL that is running loose out on a man's farm that is giving his cats a tough time running and treeing them regularly. There is a female that was sent to KY and it sounds like her owner is happy with her so far. And the light colored male I couldn't get rid of when I was trying to sell them, is doing quite well here. I have pictures of him on here. In only a few nights of being put in the woods, he has fought coons tracked drags treed drags with tons of pressure. The female you got was nuts over the squirrels in my yard here. Yes she was high energy little pup here too, but she seemed like she had a lot of sense about her. She was taught to lead at a very early age. The little girl here may have taught her to sit and shake too (LOL) The little girl here is good about that kind of stuff, working with the puppys early and alot. She loves them and hates to see them go.

Chris

Old Post 11-28-2011 06:08 PM
8hawg
UKC Forum Member

Porch

Shane,

The thing about the porch is the longer one sits on it the harder it is to get off no doubt. LOL

I have to go by the vet later this afternoon. It will depend on what time I get back from that and what I may have to do with Haley - "the little girl here".

Old Post 11-28-2011 06:13 PM
Indiana Blue
UKC Forum Member

Shane

Congrats on your win Shane. Does this female go back to Ranger?

Old Post 11-28-2011 07:31 PM
Indiana Blue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana Blue Click here to Send Indiana Blue a Private Message Click Here to Email Indiana Blue Find more posts by Indiana Blue Add Indiana Blue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
s. alumbaugh
New UKC Forum Member

DAVE

hi dave its been a while. raven is out of ranger and spook. you may remember spook greg coker hunted her

Old Post 11-28-2011 08:57 PM
s. alumbaugh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for s. alumbaugh Click here to Send s. alumbaugh a Private Message Click Here to Email s. alumbaugh Find more posts by s. alumbaugh Add s. alumbaugh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Indiana Blue
UKC Forum Member

Spook

I remember Spook. She was a nice gyp. Liked what I seen out of her and Ranger. Your female is bred to be a coondog. Sorry for hijacking your thread Chris just hadnt talked to Shane in a while. You and Shane have a good season.

Last edited by Indiana Blue on 11-28-2011 at 09:24 PM

Old Post 11-28-2011 09:21 PM
Indiana Blue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana Blue Click here to Send Indiana Blue a Private Message Click Here to Email Indiana Blue Find more posts by Indiana Blue Add Indiana Blue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
8hawg
UKC Forum Member

We got lots of rain yesterday and overnight. I've not hunt since the night before Thanksgiving. Brother took my Sonic pup out couple nights ago. He looked good. Ran track well, backed on 2 coon and split by himself on a den. He will be 7 months old in Dec.

Old Post 11-29-2011 03:37 PM
s. alumbaugh
New UKC Forum Member

6p.m

have your boots on JANE!!

Old Post 11-29-2011 09:58 PM
8hawg
UKC Forum Member

We need to wait and see what the weather is going to do. We don't want to get caught out in a blizzard or something like that do we?

Old Post 11-29-2011 10:15 PM
s. alumbaugh
New UKC Forum Member

chrissy

just pull up your big girl PANTIES !!! i am on my way.

Old Post 11-29-2011 11:03 PM
8hawg
UKC Forum Member

Bring SONIC

Old Post 11-29-2011 11:04 PM
8hawg
UKC Forum Member

Went hunting last night . Brother took Black female "RAVEN" and his pup. I had Sonic. Sonic treed in a big den first dump ran track across lots of water, I thought he handled it well for his age, real well. First 2 coons Sonic and Raven treed, Sonic was getting loose on the trees, so I tied him back on both and keep the coon away from him. 3rd coon treed he tightened up on the tree, much better. It was a long tough hunt. But we did tree 3 on the outside and seen several more sitting up. We hunted in ankle to over knee deep water most the night. Brother went by himself tonight and treed 3 singles with Raven. I stayed home to make sure the kid got her homework done. Our second round of gun season for deer comes in tomorrow morning. We won't be able to coon hunt again until Sunday night.

Last edited by 8hawg on 12-01-2011 at 04:53 AM

Old Post 12-01-2011 04:45 AM
8hawg
UKC Forum Member

We can't hunt here. So I'll post a few pics from past hunts

Penny with the meat

Penny again

Hardware, foaming up

Bash, wanting the coon bad

Zeus, locked down

Harpeth River Blue Jack, before a night of hunting

Haley showing Star, Zeus' mother STAR- R.I.P.

Last edited by 8hawg on 12-03-2011 at 02:23 AM

Old Post 12-03-2011 02:07 AM
s. alumbaugh
New UKC Forum Member

get your rain gear out we will be hunting in the rain!!

Old Post 12-04-2011 04:33 PM
Indiana Blue
UKC Forum Member

Shane

Rain shouldnt stop a old swampman like you. Jeff and I are getting out tonight. Get the raingear out.

Old Post 12-04-2011 10:29 PM
8hawg
UKC Forum Member

12-4-11 hunt.

Well we hunted in the rain last night, got wet, 3 layers deep. Brother took RAVEN and I took BASH. RAVEN treed 2 on the out side and a den. We laid a drag on the first coon for BASH. BASH did a good job on it. He showed me he has strong winding ability for treeing those lay up coons. He still has along ways to go, but for his age and amount of time in the woods, he has done exceptionally well, and I'm proud of him.

RAVEN TREED WITH THE MEAT

Last edited by 8hawg on 12-06-2011 at 07:36 AM

Old Post 12-06-2011 06:54 AM